PDA

View Full Version : Goals Against

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:40 AM
We have the worst goals against in the League, 61 which is even higher than relegated Hamilton....Another first??:devil:

Dirkster23
15-05-2011, 08:54 AM
It's likely to be the same next season unless we find a solid keeper and an experienced CH that can take control of the back four.

BleedGreen
15-05-2011, 08:58 AM
How can it be so hard to sign a decent keeper!

Sir David Gray
15-05-2011, 12:48 PM
In 98-99, the bottom team Dunfermline had the second worst defence (behind Aberdeen who finished 8th).

In 99-00, the bottom team Aberdeen had the worst defence.

In 00-01, the bottom team St Mirren had the worst defence.

In 01-02, the bottom team St Johnstone had the third worst defence (behind Motherwell who finished 11th and Dunfermline who finished 6th).

In 02-03, the bottom team Motherwell had the worst equal defence (alongside Dunfermline who finished 5th).

In 03-04, the bottom team Partick Thistle had the second worst defence (behind Kilmarnock who finished 10th).

In 04-05, the bottom team Dundee had the worst defence.

In 05-06, the bottom team Livingston had the worst defence.

In 06-07, the bottom team Dunfermline had the third worst defence (behind Dundee Utd who finished 9th and Motherwell who finished 10th).

In 07-08, the bottom team Gretna had the worst defence.

In 08-09, the bottom team Inverness CT had the worst defence.

In 09-10, the bottom team Falkirk had the second worst defence (behind St Johnstone who finished 8th).

In 10-11, the bottom team Hamilton had the second equal worst defence (alongside Aberdeen who finished 9th and behind Hibs who finished 10th).

Hibernia Na Eir
15-05-2011, 01:01 PM
....the irony is we are mangaged by a former International defender !

You wouldnt think it.

Don Giovanni
15-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Truely awful. Ironic then, that our two latest managers should be centre halves. Worrying also that Calderwood spoke of Hanlon and Stephens as a pairing next season in his post-match interview. Along with Dickoh we must have one of the softest back-lines in the clubs history.

We also managed to amass less points than we played games. Poor stuff considering the board enjoy reminding us that we have the 4th biggest budget in the league.

Massive under-achievement Hibs...

ScottB
15-05-2011, 01:35 PM
....the irony is we are mangaged by a former International defender !

You wouldnt think it.

Wasn't any different under Hughes or Saint Tony! Our defense has been murder for years.

That we have problems that cross between managers and players, I have to wonder what the coaches are up to.

The Hurricane
15-05-2011, 04:20 PM
We have the worst goals against in the League, 61 which is even higher than relegated Hamilton....Another first??:devil:
We must be the worst team in history at defending set pieces. For years now we must have lost about 30 goals a season this way. Getting to the stage where I am scared to watch them. With these players expect more of the same next season.

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2011, 04:53 PM
it's something that puzzles me, that's three pretty decent defenders we have had as managers in the last several seasons(mowbray,yogi,CC), and not one of them has addressed what is probably the most vital part of a team...the defence :brickwall stop losing goals and we have a better chance of winning...simples dammit :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 04:58 PM
We must be the worst team in history at defending set pieces. For years now we must have lost about 30 goals a season this way. Getting to the stage where I am scared to watch them. With these players expect more of the same next season.

Indeed, what do they work on at East Mains?? And don't get me started on throw ins....:devil:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 04:59 PM
In 98-99, the bottom team Dunfermline had the second worst defence (behind Aberdeen who finished 8th).

In 99-00, the bottom team Aberdeen had the worst defence.

In 00-01, the bottom team St Mirren had the worst defence.

In 01-02, the bottom team St Johnstone had the third worst defence (behind Motherwell who finished 11th and Dunfermline who finished 6th).

In 02-03, the bottom team Motherwell had the worst equal defence (alongside Dunfermline who finished 5th).

In 03-04, the bottom team Partick Thistle had the second worst defence (behind Kilmarnock who finished 10th).

In 04-05, the bottom team Dundee had the worst defence.

In 05-06, the bottom team Livingston had the worst defence.

In 06-07, the bottom team Dunfermline had the third worst defence (behind Dundee Utd who finished 9th and Motherwell who finished 10th).

In 07-08, the bottom team Gretna had the worst defence.

In 08-09, the bottom team Inverness CT had the worst defence.

In 09-10, the bottom team Falkirk had the second worst defence (behind St Johnstone who finished 8th).

In 10-11, the bottom team Hamilton had the second equal worst defence (alongside Aberdeen who finished 9th and behind Hibs who finished 10th).

Too much time on your hands FH, or should I call you statto:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2011, 05:00 PM
I think Derek Riordan scored half as many goals as St Johnstone and they still finished 7 points above us.

SmokieJoe
15-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd suggest bad fortune after turning the corner in Feb/March, great run of results the Stack gets a bad one and we go to hell.

Would be interesting to see the stats from any statto on the after stacks shoulder injury to the while he was in goal after Jan '11..

iwasthere1972
15-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Only 3 short of when we achieved 3rd place in 2004/2005. Fortunately we had players around who knew how to score.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Too much time on your hands FH, or should I call you statto:greengrin

:greengrin You're right, I have far too much time on my hands. :agree:

silverhibee
16-05-2011, 10:06 AM

You have to wonder how Paul Hanlon got POTY award with those stats. :wink:

Speedway
16-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Disgrace

Not good enough

Clueless Colin

Tactically Inept

Nae Ambition from the Bored.

Twa Cairpets
16-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Truely awful. Ironic then, that our two latest managers should be centre halves. Worrying also that Calderwood spoke of Hanlon and Stephens as a pairing next season in his post-match interview. Along with Dickoh we must have one of the softest back-lines in the clubs history.

We also managed to amass less points than we played games. Poor stuff considering the board enjoy reminding us that we have the 4th biggest budget in the league.

Massive under-achievement Hibs...

Selective quote mining.

He also said that Stephens was 18months away from being the finished article. The laddie who up to that point had been solid enough, got the ball caught under his feet for the third - he made a mistake, and now he's being crucified.

Hanlon has been POTY (albeit in an underperformaing team) but guess what? He makes errors too.

Hibs cannot afford or attract players who will somehow miraculously never put a foot wrong.

I'd prefer we give a chance to young guys like Stephens and Hanlon who have the opportunity to develop and improve rather than bring in someone like Dickoh (who by the way I have nothing against) and have these guys sitting on the bench week in week out.

Yes, they're going to have howlers every now and again, but thats part of it.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Disgrace

Not good enough

Clueless Colin

Tactically Inept

Nae Ambition from the Bored.

If these posts are trying to be antagonistic speedway, then you are doing a grand job....