PDA

View Full Version : Captaincy

since90plustwo
14-05-2011, 08:47 PM
As much as i like paul hanlon, i don't think he is the right man for the armband, not at this moment anyway.hs performances have dipped since he was given it, and i fear it could be a chris hogg all over again. just an opinion, but i would give it to pallson, pretty sure hes captained the iceland u-21's and he captained the liverpool reserves on many occasions and heseems the type of player who lifts the players and the fans, thoughts?

stubru59
14-05-2011, 09:00 PM
If one thing sums up this season it is that we've had plenty of captain's and not enough leaders.

Of the current crop, that this one might be better than that one isn't really saying much.

LaMotta
15-05-2011, 01:08 AM
It doesn't matter who the captain is. Totally meaningless. All he does is pick heads or tails.

Who the captain is has little effect on results.

Haymaker
15-05-2011, 01:35 AM
As much as i like paul hanlon, i don't think he is the right man for the armband, not at this moment anyway.hs performances have dipped since he was given it, and i fear it could be a chris hogg all over again. just an opinion, but i would give it to pallson, pretty sure hes captained the iceland u-21's and he captained the liverpool reserves on many occasions and heseems the type of player who lifts the players and the fans, thoughts?

Hasnt Hanlon captain Scotland at u-19s and U-21s level?

If so, not sure how Pallson is a better person for the armband

cocopops1875
15-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Victor was shouting at fans leaving early yesterday rather than being focused on the mess we were watching. Also too inclined to get involved in petty wee battles for me its a no

Codheed
15-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I'd give it to Palsson , he reminds me of a young Graeme Souness , strutting about the park , with a bit of "dig" about him .

Golden Bear
15-05-2011, 11:45 AM
It's a while since we had a vocal Captain who genuinely led by example and encouraged the team throughout the ninety minutes.

In fact such a player is not on our books at present.

SmokieJoe
15-05-2011, 05:05 PM
We have at present Hoggy as Club captain with Ian Murray as VC. I have nothing but admiration for Hoggy, he is a genuine 'goes in where others fear to tread' kind of guy, But is he the right man for the job of motivating and dictating to others or orchestrating minor tactical changes on the pitch during open play?

What do you think?

As you can see i raised this issue at the beginning of the season, i do agree that PH's performances have been affected by being the captain, and i also thing that we need a stand out leader on the pitch to convey a belief to the younger players. Having a leader will breed confidence and self belief and so on and so on..

erin go bragh
15-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Am i the only one hoping we sign our new captain as for me both hanlon and victor are a tad young .
ggtth

hibee1994
15-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Our team is way too young to be able to have a captain. The older "experienced" ones, either don't have the right attitude or don't perform like inspiring leaders should. We may aswell give the captain's armband to the ref.

Broken Gnome
15-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Taking it off Paul and giving it to someone younger????