PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Clapping 3rd goal

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Did anyone else see Calderwood clapping the Aberdeen 3rd goal? Whilst it was a great finish, should he not have been shouting at Stephens for his error, or the defence for letting in two goals within a minute....

I have never seen a manager in all my time clapping a goal for our oponents, and thought he was showing himself to hold the Cub in little esteem......

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Still I don't suppose he had much to applaud from our perspective.

hibs0666
15-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I clapped it too, and I pissed myself laughing when Towell somehow managed to clear that open goal.

Removed
15-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I never him clapping. I was too busy making my exit. I'm sure someone will try and defend it like folk did with applauding opposing players being subbed.

hibsquaker
15-05-2011, 08:48 AM
It was a beauty. I could understand the mass exodus at this point. I couldn't understand the mini exodus after the second though. There were 15 mins left to play. Saying that with hindsight they were right to leave!

I can't understand the substitutions he made. We were playing alright first half. It's almost as if, since the split Calderwood has decided that the remaining games are pre-season, so he's decided to experiment. The problem is, he's doing it at our expense.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I clapped it too, and I pissed myself laughing when Towell somehow managed to clear that open goal.

Great well done you.......

smurf
15-05-2011, 08:49 AM
As he revealed in his after match interview he appears very relaxed about it all...

Crisis? What crisis?

matty_f
15-05-2011, 09:09 AM
As he revealed in his after match interview he appears very relaxed about it all...

Crisis? What crisis?

Probably because he's acutely aware of where we are in the process of him getting us to where we need to be and as such doesn't soil his breeks when we don't win a game that was more or less meaningless.
I saw him applaud but it looked to me that he was giving a bit of encouragement to stephens after his mistake. I certainly wouldn't slaughter him for that.
I'm waiting for a thread to start criticizing cc for the way he's knotted his tie, ffs.

Gala Foxes
15-05-2011, 09:10 AM
I noticed that as well , thought it a bit bizzare, he had been yelling at the back 4 all afternoon, almost wondered if it was ironic applause at their inept defending, hopefully not

Pedantic_Hibee
15-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Crisis? What crisis?

I'm glad he is calm about it, God forbid if he was flouncing around in blind panic like some of the drama queen-esque postings we've had on here.

I remember his quote earlier this season which, to paraphrase, was along the lines of "and this management thing.......I'm good at it".

I believe, and hope, that next season we'll have a completely different team with a different level of application, effort and spirit.

He'll finally rid this club of the shirking, half-hearted attitude to training and games. I actually think, as per comment above, that as soon as we were mathematically safe that he has been experimenting and giving players enough rope to hang themselves. You could see prior to January's influx that he was doing the same, standing at the edge of the technical area assessing every one of the players. He obviously saw enough to remedy that in the January window and again, I believe he's spent the latter part of this season doing the same with the existing squad.

I for one look forward to what he'll do in the summer with the resources available to him.

Mikeystewart
15-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Did anyone else see Calderwood clapping the Aberdeen 3rd goal? Whilst it was a great finish, should he not have been shouting at Stephens for his error, or the defence for letting in two goals within a minute....

I have never seen a manager in all my time clapping a goal for our oponents, and thought he was showing himself to hold the Cub in little esteem......

I clapped Maguire's goal, but yes that would suggest a hint of sarcassim from CC, Aberdeen had the drive and mindset to go and get something from the game, and a maturity to come back from a goal behind, i think that clap spoke a thousand words.

Or maybe we are all looking into it a little to deeply :wink: ...............

Spot on :top marks Towell's miss was like something out a carry on film, what was even funnier was how everyone around me wailed as if he had just committed some terribe act. People need to chill out a bit, its only football.......:wink: maybe if it was last minute to win the Scottish cup final but I think CC over the last few weeks has made it clear these games will be treated as friendlies. Though it does give him a convenient excuse to the under performers benefit. We'll see the fruits of this circa December

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 09:17 AM

No, can't imagine that would have been too good for his confidence. Surely he would have been better just encouraging him(which I imagine he did), no? And the whole applauding after maguires goal, thats the kind of thing that if we were on a winning run nobody would have picked up on, I don't see anything wrong with applauding an opposition player for a good finish personally.

Beefster
15-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Probably because he's acutely aware of where we are in the process of him getting us to where we need to be and as such doesn't soil his breeks when we don't win a game that was more or less meaningless.
I saw him applaud but it looked to me that he was giving a bit of encouragement to stephens after his mistake. I certainly wouldn't slaughter him for that.
I'm waiting for a thread to start criticizing cc for the way he's knotted his tie, ffs.

He uses a Half-Windsor so any criticism would be fully justified IMHO. I'm lead to believe that he wore white socks with black shoes as a teenager too.....

Mikeystewart
15-05-2011, 09:25 AM
He uses a Half-Windsor so any criticism would be fully justified IMHO. I'm lead to believe that he wore white socks with black shoes as a teenager too.....

I am shocked and appalled by this most recent revelation. He must go!, Petrie get CC's P45 printed off pronto, and a firm boot up the arse when he's on his way oot the door for good measure.
:taxi

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 09:26 AM

:agree: Apparently last year when he was on holiday he wore socks with sandals:bitchy:

Mikeystewart
15-05-2011, 09:29 AM
:agree: Apparently last year when he was on holiday he wore socks with sandals:bitchy:

:grr::boo hoo::bitchy::fuming::grr::boo hoo::bitchy::fuming:

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Yestedays game had all the meaning of a pre season friendly. I think it was treated that way by the management team. I would have prefered the manager to show the fans (and the memory of Eddie Turnbull) a bit more respect by sending out a team fired up to win and win well.

It seemed to me that too many players had their minds on their holidays or their next move.

col02
15-05-2011, 09:38 AM
What Calderwood did at the third goal be it sarcastic or not is irrelevant for me it is what he does in future to prevent Hibs conceding piss poor goals like they did yesterday. The decision making by our defence at times is very concerning and if that is to be our backbone next season we will be doing well to keep ourselves safe from relegation.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 10:04 AM

So its ok to take 1 point out of 18, as games are meaningless?

matty_f
15-05-2011, 10:14 AM
So its ok to take 1 point out of 18, as games are meaningless?

If the end justifies the means then yes, absolutely.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 10:24 AM
If the end justifies the means then yes, absolutely.

:faf:
Eh?

snooky
15-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Never seen so much ball chasing in a game. It was school playground stuff at times. Oh dear, how far have we fallen. Hardly a player on the park with any real first touch. What a sad performance for remembering a great man.

Here's my 2d worth ...
Brown - okay but a couple of dodgy kick outs
Ritchie - I thought he did okay for the most part
Stephens - file 13
Hanlon - not one of his better games & never a LB
Taggart - Struggled however he would learn a lot from the experience
Miller - asked to do too much in mid, IMO. Needs a heavyweight around a-la Mattie J.
Stevenson - I thought he did okay, made a couple of slack passes late on
Spoony - can't say I noticed him much in the game
Sodje - came on to a better game
Vaz Te - I though he was the best of the bunch. Booked for SFA.
Deek - was Deek. Unlucky with the shot that hit the post.
CC - please tell me what shape we were playing and, what was the game plan?
Ref - another one from Chipperfields

As a previous poster said we are so SLOW - in thinking and in movement - all over the park. Predictable going forward and at sea in defence. Mountains to climb next season methinks.

SouthamptonHibs
15-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Calderwood should be sacked..he's a joke of a manager! player clear out, management clear out = start again! if i was Rodders i would give the guy enough for a day saver tic on LRT, i would give him no more.....he's brutal!

Hail hail

matty_f
15-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Eh?

Don't think there was any need for that response, but if you need it explained I mean that if in the long run we benefit from the experiences of these games then yes, that points tally is totally acceptable at this stage of the season.

Beefster
15-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Eh?

You don't think Calderwood learnt anything whilst he was experimenting? If the changes and playing folk out of position meant that we didn't waste hundreds of thousands of pounds on players who aren't up to the job, would that be worth it?

matty_f
15-05-2011, 11:02 AM
You don't think Calderwood learnt anything whilst he was experimenting? If the changes and playing folk out of position meant that we didn't waste hundreds of thousands of pounds on players who aren't up to the job, would that be worth it?
:agree: Last year we wasted a wage on trakys, calderwood could have done the same with vaz te but instead has been able to assess him properly.

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 11:29 AM
:agree: Last year we wasted a wage on trakys, calderwood could have done the same with vaz te but instead has been able to assess him properly.

He has also been able to assess Divis.

Stephens has been given a run in the team.

I'm not trying to polish a turd. There is no getting away from the fact that the results are dire, but hopefully he and the players will have learned something

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't think there was any need for that response, but if you need it explained I mean that if in the long run we benefit from the experiences of these games then yes, that points tally is totally acceptable at this stage of the season.

Since our decent run, when we effectively secured our SPL status, I have been wanting CC to use the remaining games in the most effective manner possible. IMO, he has done that. It's been a bit of a luxury knowing that, almost whatever happens, we'll still be in the same league next season. And he has used that luxury well, I reckon.

The proof of it all, of course, will come next season. But what was his alternative? Playing the same team every week? That way, he would have been criticised for "playing folk who won't be here next season" or "for not playing the youngsters", or of course "not taking the chance to experiment".

Oh, for the record, I applauded the 3rd goal too. And I laughed at Towell's miss.

hibsquaker
15-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't expect to pay 22 quid to watch the equivalent of pre-season experimentation. That's what training during the week and actual pre-season is for. It stinks of a lack of respect for the paying punter.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't expect to pay 22 quid to watch the equivalent of pre-season experimentation. That's what training during the week and actual pre-season is for. It stinks of a lack of respect for the paying punter.

It's been clear to me for weeks now that that is what CC is doing. Therefore, if it's clear to a numpty like me, it would have been clear to everyone. So, against that backdrop, if that's not what you want to see, then you have the right not to go.

hibsquaker
15-05-2011, 12:31 PM
It's been clear to me for weeks now that that is what CC is doing. Therefore, if it's clear to a numpty like me, it would have been clear to everyone. So, against that backdrop, if that's not what you want to see, then you have the right not to go.

True, but when you've got kids who are keano to go, it's difficult to tell them no we are not going because hibs are taking the piss out of the fans for the good of the club.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 12:43 PM
True, but when you've got kids who are keano to go, it's difficult to tell them no we are not going because hibs are taking the piss out of the fans for the good of the club.

I'd bloody force the kids to go. Let them see what it's really like to be a Hibby :greengrin

aljo7-0
15-05-2011, 01:10 PM
The prices were reduced to £10 though (Admittedly that was to try and get a good crowd for the Eddie Turnbull tribute - certainly I made the effort to go because of the tribute to Ned.) and frankly what did you expect?

You can only do so much in training though. The players (particularly the young inexperienced ones) can all increase fitness levels and be told/practice the shape of the team and tactics but it is only in match situations that the players will improve match fitness and the manager be able to assess their abilities and the options they provide to the team. Surely if ever there was a time for CC to do that it is in the final 6 - essentially meaningless - games of a poor underperforming season just before a transfer window of purchasing/casting off opportunity? :dunno:

Speedway
15-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I noticed that as well , thought it a bit bizzare, he had been yelling at the back 4 all afternoon, almost wondered if it was ironic applause at their inept defending, hopefully not

That's impossible, he shows no emotion, can't tie a tie and erm....erm...come on let's find more things to hate him for. C'mon, that's how we'll improve.

ScottB
15-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Is this the level it has reached? Finding the slightest thing to moan about it?

So he applauded a goal, so people applaud players getting subbed? A bit of good sportmanship never hurt anyone. Or should we treat every player and everything they do as the subject of hatred if they aren't playing for us?

Who the hell cares!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2011, 02:11 PM

If i had not already bought next seasons season ticket, i dont think i'd have bothered. We seem to play quite a lot of pre season friendlies before the season actually ends. I'd like to see us challenge fight and scrap in every game right to the end of ever season, not just until we have escaped relegation.

hibeedonald
15-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Thats why it was a tenner to get in :greengrin

Removed
15-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Don't think it was. It was actually meant to be a competitive game.

hibsquaker
15-05-2011, 02:33 PM

I meant the recent games, not just the last one.

Like one of the other posters, I expect the team and the management to give their all out of respect for the paying punter and that means playing your strongest team to entertain and win.

Season ticket holders didn't pay the equivalent of a tenner for that second half of experimentation did they.

Hibs_SW
15-05-2011, 03:02 PM

So he applauded a goal, so people applaud players getting subbed? A bit of good sportmanship never hurt anyone. Or should we treat every player and everything they do as the subject of hatred if they aren't playing for us?

Who the hell cares!

Yeah that's exactly what's it's came to! Joke I'm aware fans aren't happy or are frustrated but give it a break picking up on petty stuff about calderwood! Funnily enough it ain't all him but he is the easiest person to blame obviously! The players have a massive part to play in in it to it's them that are physically out there on the field! There is only so much u can do to get through to some wage thiefs who don't care cause they ain't goog to be here next season!

Becomes tiresome listening to the same moans day in day out on here! Thank god the seasons over.

We are all passionate about or club but either support them and pay the price or don't! It's us the fans they need to help buy the players to build the east stand and east mains etc!

Nodoubt have a few people moan about my post but hey wouldn't expect anything else!

Dinkydoo
15-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah that's exactly what's it's came to! Joke I'm aware fans aren't happy or are frustrated but give it a break picking up on petty stuff about calderwood! Funnily enough it ain't all him but he is the easiest person to blame obviously! The players have a massive part to play in in it to it's them that are physically out there on the field! There is only so much u can do to get through to some wage thiefs who don't care cause they ain't goog to be here next season!

Becomes tiresome listening to the same moans day in day out on here! Thank god the seasons over.

We are all passionate about or club but either support them and pay the price or don't! It's us the fans they need to help buy the players to build the east stand and east mains etc!

Nodoubt have a few people moan about my post but hey wouldn't expect anything else!

The only gripe I have about your post is that you've used an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence, bar one.

How f'ing dare you. :slipper:

Russ
15-05-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm glad he is calm about it, God forbid if he was flouncing around in blind panic like some of the drama queen-esque postings we've had on here.

I remember his quote earlier this season which, to paraphrase, was along the lines of "and this management thing.......I'm good at it".

I believe, and hope, that next season we'll have a completely different team with a different level of application, effort and spirit.

He'll finally rid this club of the shirking, half-hearted attitude to training and games. I actually think, as per comment above, that as soon as we were mathematically safe that he has been experimenting and giving players enough rope to hang themselves. You could see prior to January's influx that he was doing the same, standing at the edge of the technical area assessing every one of the players. He obviously saw enough to remedy that in the January window and again, I believe he's spent the latter part of this season doing the same with the existing squad.

I for one look forward to what he'll do in the summer with the resources available to him.

Great post mate.

SmokieJoe
15-05-2011, 04:14 PM

He probibly applauded the fact that neither he nor us will have to watch sutch drivel again this season, and with the best will in the world, ever again in the green and white at ER.

Don't tell me you have no optimism for the playing staff for next season, if not why do you pay week after week?

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:08 PM

And too hell with league placing money?:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Is that not what you should be doing in bounce games, or training set ups at East Mains?

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Who the hell cares!

I do.....I don't expect the manager of my Club, to clap opposition goals.....

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 05:11 PM
And too hell with league placing money?:confused:

It might turn out to be money well spent/foregone.

I reckon CC and RP will have had that very chat. "Can we afford to do without the cash in the short term? Is the risk worth it?"

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:13 PM
He probibly applauded the fact that neither he nor us will have to watch sutch drivel again this season, and with the best will in the world, ever again in the green and white at ER.

Don't tell me you have no optimism for the playing staff for next season, if not why do you pay week after week?

Because I am a SUPPORTER, no matter how bad we are

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Would Ferguson or Mourhinho clap an oppostion goal??:devil:.....

hibsbollah
15-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Would Ferguson or Mourhinho clap an oppostion goal??:devil:.....

Yes but they can tie a decent half windsor knot, unlike our incompetent incumbent.

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Is that not what you should be doing in bounce games, or training set ups at East Mains?

You should. But there's more chance of spotting weaknesses in a proper game. You'll certainly see it faster - there's plenty places to hide in training or in practice games, less so in a proper game.

Russ
15-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I do.....I don't expect the manager of my Club, to clap opposition goals.....

As stated before he was probably clapping to give Stephens encouragement, let's face it, it's not going to come from negative fans like you now is it. I had an idiot behind me screaming at the guy he would never make a defender. You've just got to love these 'I know better fans' fans we seem to have in abundance at ER.

The media goes on about the poison chalice that is the Aberdeen managers job, The Hibernian job has been that and more for as long as I've supported Hibernian, the negativity that surrounds the place is unreal on match days,whether we're winning or not.

There was even an idiot who threw his scarf onto the pitch, only at ER could something like that be witnessed in an almost meaningless game.

Bostonhibby
15-05-2011, 07:52 PM

:agree: I'm inclined to think that way myself, good post, I think he has definitely got next season to fix it and I do believe he will act, the real risk is what he is given to work with, if Petrie isn't prepared to take a punt and back CC with some real money next year then I think he has a job on.

As to clapping the goal, if he did ,maybe he was admiring the quality of it, maybe it was irony at our defending, I am not that bothered.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:04 PM
You should. But there's more chance of spotting weaknesses in a proper game. You'll certainly see it faster - there's plenty places to hide in training or in practice games, less so in a proper game.

Fair point DH

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:06 PM
As stated before he was probably clapping to give Stephens encouragement, let's face it, it's not going to come from negative fans like you now is it. I had an idiot behind me screaming at the guy he would never make a defender. You've just got to love these 'I know better fans' fans we seem to have in abundance at ER.

The media goes on about the poison chalice that is the Aberdeen managers job, The Hibernian job has been that and more for as long as I've supported Hibernian, the negativity that surrounds the place is unreal on match days,whether we're winning or not.

There was even an idiot who threw his scarf onto the pitch, only at ER could something like that be witnessed in an almost meaningless game.

I am so negative right enough, thanks for highlighting that to me.........:rolleyes:

Removed
15-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I am so negative right enough, thanks for highlighting that to me.........:rolleyes:

:agree:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqhcb3EN9y1qzol4do1_500.png

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 08:26 PM
:agree:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqhcb3EN9y1qzol4do1_500.png

That can't be me Billy, I never wear colours:wink:

Removed
15-05-2011, 08:48 PM
That can't be me Billy, I never wear colours:wink:

I'll get you one of these for next season then :greengrin

http://images9.cpcache.com/product/world+health-transgender-pride/347095939v1_225x225_Front.jpg

ancient hibee
15-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Never seen so much ball chasing in a game. It was school playground stuff at times. Oh dear, how far have we fallen. Hardly a player on the park with any real first touch. What a sad performance for remembering a great man.

Here's my 2d worth ...
Brown - okay but a couple of dodgy kick outs
Ritchie - I thought he did okay for the most part
Stephens - file 13
Hanlon - not one of his better games & never a LB
Taggart - Struggled however he would learn a lot from the experience
Miller - asked to do too much in mid, IMO. Needs a heavyweight around a-la Mattie J.
Stevenson - I thought he did okay, made a couple of slack passes late on
Spoony - can't say I noticed him much in the game
Sodje - came on to a better game
Vaz Te - I though he was the best of the bunch. Booked for SFA.
Deek - was Deek. Unlucky with the shot that hit the post.
CC - please tell me what shape we were playing and, what was the game plan?
Ref - another one from Chipperfields

As a previous poster said we are so SLOW - in thinking and in movement - all over the park. Predictable going forward and at sea in defence. Mountains to climb next season methinks.
Perhaps I can comment on your 2d worth

Brown-where the problems start- can 't kick-never organises the defence-never appears to communicate e.g.Hanlon giving away the needless corner because Brown didn't let him know he was ok.

Towell -never a midfield player-potential to be a top rate wing back.

Taggart-looks cumbersome but may develop

Stephens -would be ok if he did the simple thing-clear the ball-mark a man

Dickoh as above

Hanlon as above-forget about him as a left back

Stevenson willing and a great heart but just hasn't got it-good to have in reserve

Miller-froze on a sitter-has the skill but why does every 50/50 become 10/90

Wotherspoon -Davie Daydreamer this guy has the talent but is not progressing-where is his strength and energy.

Vaz Te-nice touches not enough

Sodje-tries hard no player close enough to take advantage of the ball coming off him or the centre half-will be mustard on the heavy ground

Riordan-never seen a player make so many runs and never have the ball delivered-no wonder he wants away-don't remember him hitting the post:greengrin

Palsson-will beok once he remembers what he's good at.