PDA

View Full Version : What an embarrasment!!!

Halifaxhibby
14-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Absolutely disgusted with the performance of the majority of the team today, we pride ourselves on being a family club which is steeped in some fantastic history(of which I'm extremely proud) I thought we would get a real performance today to honour the memory of the late Mr T, I'm glad he didn't have to witness that!!, apart from sodje, vaz te and in parts deek the rest of them are nothing more than journeyman at best, I'd empty 90% of them. Another self inflicted defeat, we made a crap dons team look pretty decent in the second half.
What irks me the most is the lack of application, if i strolled about without a care in the world at my work I'd quickly be shown the door!!!, what makes them any different?, the supporters have been treated like **** lately, I couldn't make it up to inverness but felt so sorry for the folks that paid good money to travel up there to watch a bunch of fringe players, the club should at the very least reimburse them for their travel costs, I want to see a Hibs team full of players who are prepared to run through brick walls for the jersey game after game. Most of them looked like they couldn't care less about the result.

Well Mr Petrie, if you want to have that stadium full or at least half full next season you better give CC some dough to bring in some experienced quality players to help the youngsters mature into footballers.
If that is the nucleas of next years team I seriously believe we will be in the relegation dog fight from day one.
Not going to judge CC til he moulds his own players into a team but the early signs are not very promising!!
Also, I'd give that laddie a trial who scored the first goal in the half time challenge! very well taken young man! just a pity wotherspoon can't hit the target like that with the numerous chances he's had in the last couple of games!
C'mon Hibs get it sorted out. Give us something to be proud of next season!!!
:grr:

Sir David Gray
14-05-2011, 07:02 PM
They couldn't even turn on the style for the last game of the season which was billed as a tribute match to a club legend.

I think that sums the current squad of players up perfectly.

Eddie Turnbull probably turned in his grave this afternoon.

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Dissapointing end to the most miserable season I have experienced in my 18 years of supporting hibs. I don't think I've seen a hibs side this bad, players don't give a toss, lacking any real flair or creativity, disintrested, no pace or urgency to get the ball into the box. Dreadful team in need of a huge rebuild.

SON OF PADDY
14-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Dissapointing end to the most miserable season I have experienced in my 18 years of supporting hibs. I don't think I've seen a hibs side this bad, players don't give a toss, lacking any real flair or creativity, disintrested, no pace or urgency to get the ball into the box. Dreadful team in need of a huge rebuild.
Think yourself lucky mate ? Wait till you have been watching them for 40+ :wink: "same old HIBS":rolleyes:

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I think the OP is harsh, first half was as attacking and entertaining as we've been in some time. Miller should have scored one on one, Deek marginally offside for what would have been a well taken goal, Vaz Te hitting the post, Sodje just failing to find Vaz Te with a cut back that would have left him with an empty net, Riordan's goal...

Second half we weren't as good, but still Wotherspoon hit the bar, Towell managed to miss from right in front of the goal, Langfield made a good save from a header, Riordan had two or three shots at goal, Sodje shot just high and wide...

I certainly wasn't embarrassed by it. We gave away very cheap goals - the first was a carbon copy of the one conceded against St Johnstone, and two and three were shockers, but overall I thought we played well enough to take something from the game.

CallumLaidlaw
14-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I think the OP is harsh, first half was as attacking and entertaining as we've been in some time. Miller should have scored one on one, Deek marginally offside for what would have been a well taken goal, Vaz Te hitting the post, Sodje just failing to find Vaz Te with a cut back that would have left him with an empty net, Riordan's goal...

Second half we weren't as good, but still Wotherspoon hit the bar, Towell managed to miss from right in front of the goal, Langfield made a good save from a header, Riordan had two or three shots at goal, Sodje shot just high and wide...

I certainly wasn't embarrassed by it. We gave away very cheap goals - the first was a carbon copy of the one conceded against St Johnstone, and two and three were shockers, but overall I thought we played well enough to take something from the game.

Great post Matty. Far too sensible for hibs.net

jabis
14-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Absolutely disgusted with the performance of the majority of the team today, we pride ourselves on being a family club which is steeped in some fantastic history(of which I'm extremely proud) I thought we would get a real performance today to honour the memory of the late Mr T, I'm glad he didn't have to witness that!!, apart from sodje, vaz te and in parts deek the rest of them are nothing more than journeyman at best, I'd empty 90% of them. Another self inflicted defeat, we made a crap dons team look pretty decent in the second half.
What irks me the most is the lack of application, if i strolled about without a care in the world at my work I'd quickly be shown the door!!!, what makes them any different?, the supporters have been treated like **** lately, I couldn't make it up to inverness but felt so sorry for the folks that paid good money to travel up there to watch a bunch of fringe players, the club should at the very least reimburse them for their travel costs, I want to see a Hibs team full of players who are prepared to run through brick walls for the jersey game after game. Most of them looked like they couldn't care less about the result.

Well Mr Petrie, if you want to have that stadium full or at least half full next season you better give CC some dough to bring in some experienced quality players to help the youngsters mature into footballers.
If that is the nucleas of next years team I seriously believe we will be in the relegation dog fight from day one.
Not going to judge CC til he moulds his own players into a team but the early signs are not very promising!!
Also, I'd give that laddie a trial who scored the first goal in the half time challenge! very well taken young man! just a pity wotherspoon can't hit the target like that with the numerous chances he's had in the last couple of games!
C'mon Hibs get it sorted out. Give us something to be proud of next season!!!
:grr:

"gone fishing"

Codheed
14-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Agree with last 2 posts - admittedly first game I've seen this season , so haven't had to endure the rest ! , but based on today , think there is enough to be positive about-

Original back four(plus Brown ) looked competant enough- seemed to go tits up when Dickoh arrived however !
Very impressed with Wotherspoon , man of match for my money

Vaz Te , bit unpredictable , but couple of great shots and generally lively enough

Sodje - led line well ,

Thought the team generally tried to play football on the deck in tricky windy conditions ( was the occasion "hoof" as well , mind )

I went away having enjoyed the game , and bearing in mind how many times we hit the woodwork , plus several other good chances going begging , should have had at least a draw .

oldbiker
14-05-2011, 10:45 PM
They couldn't even turn on the style for the last game of the season which was billed as a tribute match to a club legend.

I think that sums the current squad of players up perfectly.

Eddie Turnbull probably turned in his grave this afternoon.

He likley did and with more poise, speed, control and class than any of that shower that wore the jersey today

Hiber-nation
14-05-2011, 10:49 PM

But Matty that Aberdeen central defence comprised of a laddie making his debut and the worst central defender I have ever seen at this level - Vujadinovic (sp).

Our defenders, who are supposedly better players, continually make basic errors and at the other end we just can't put the chances away - that means we have ended up for the last month of the season as the worst team in an awful league. That is nowhere near good enough, regardless of the circumstances.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 10:51 PM
But Matty that Aberdeen central defence comprised of a laddie making his debut and the worst central defender I have ever seen at this level - Vujadinovic (sp).

Our defenders, who are supposedly better players, continually make basic errors and at the other end we just can't put the chances away - that means we have ended up for the last month of the season as the worst team in an awful league. That is nowhere near good enough, regardless of the circumstances.

Why are we making an allowance for the Aberdeen defence having a laddie in it, but not our own? :dunno:

Kevvy1875
14-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Another disappointing result in a disappointing season tbh.

However as pointed out by other we did have some decent play in the game. I thought Hibs were actually the better team and should have won but we sold it with the goals we lost especially the Dons 2nd. Aberdeen are pretty rank and we are not much better but I have seen us play worse than today and win.

Lets hope for some decent signings in the summer and a better team on the park. A tougher defence has to be the first job.

Hiber-nation
14-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Why are we making an allowance for the Aberdeen defence having a laddie in it, but not our own? :dunno:

Our laddie has played a few games and was quite highly rated (well by me anyway!). Never heard of the Aberdeen lad. But if it wasn't Stephens it would have been Dickoh or whoever. Its a malaise and I honestly though Aberdeen were rotten for the most part today.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Our laddie has played a few games and was quite highly rated (well by me anyway!). Never heard of the Aberdeen lad. But if it wasn't Stephens it would have been Dickoh or whoever. Its a malaise and I honestly though Aberdeen were rotten for the most part today.

We had Taggart, Stephens (who are lucky if they have 10 SPL starts between them), Hanlon, and Stevenson filling in at left back.

If we're making allowances for Aberdeen's youth then we surely must afford our own team the same allowances?

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Hibs should have burried them in the first half. Miller will be embarrssed by his miss. Sodje could have squared it to deeks to score his second but shot high and wide. Deeks finish was superd for his last goal for us (this spell).

Second half was horrific. Aberdeen were terrible and for them to score three goals and leave with three points is laughable! They are terrible, god only knows what that means we are!

Hiber-nation
14-05-2011, 11:09 PM
We had Taggart, Stephens (who are lucky if they have 10 SPL starts between them), Hanlon, and Stevenson filling in at left back.

If we're making allowances for Aberdeen's youth then we surely must afford our own team the same allowances?

Maybe but on recent form Aberdeen have been worse than us....if we're playing decent football like we did for maybe just over half the game today we concede daft goals and struggle to score.

Anyway, too late for me now :thumbsup:

houston1875
14-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Agree with last 2 posts - admittedly first game I've seen this season , so haven't had to endure the rest ! , but based on today , think there is enough to be positive about-

Original back four(plus Brown ) looked competant enough- seemed to go tits up when Dickoh arrived however !
Very impressed with Wotherspoon , man of match for my money

Vaz Te , bit unpredictable , but couple of great shots and generally lively enough

Sodje - led line well ,

Thought the team generally tried to play football on the deck in tricky windy conditions ( was the occasion "hoof" as well , mind )

I went away having enjoyed the game , and bearing in mind how many times we hit the woodwork , plus several other good chances going begging , should have had at least a draw .

U been sooking back on Grandpas old cough medicine,Bud? Ah canae be watching CC's brand of footy and even if he brought in class players his style,brand of hoofball wouldn't change!
This season has been flatter than fearne cottons chest!!

Folk may say talking a lotta Pat Mahoney but more and more fans are voicing there dissatisfaction and staying away and it costing us vital cash?

Btw CMON THE HIBEES

500miles
14-05-2011, 11:53 PM
We played well for about 70 minutes today. Some good football, a lot of youngsters, and all the mistakes that come with that. Just because we ended up getting beat, and played poorly in the weeks previously, doesn't mean that we weren't more that a smidgeon unlucky yesterday.

Games like this are all about making mistakes though. We had little to gain or lose, much like with the early days of the "golden generation". People forget that the Brown and Thomson etc. weren't exactly effective at first. It's a continual process.

And if you don't want to be part of another "transitional season", then go support someone else. The nature of the game today, teams our size are forever in trasition.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 11:57 PM
We played well for about 70 minutes today. Some good football, a lot of youngsters, and all the mistakes that come with that. Just because we ended up getting beat, and played poorly in the weeks previously, doesn't mean that we weren't more that a smidgeon unlucky yesterday.

Games like this are all about making mistakes though. We had little to gain or lose, much like with the early days of the "golden generation". People forget that the Brown and Thomson etc. weren't exactly effective at first. It's a continual process.

And if you don't want to be part of another "transitional season", then go support someone else. The nature of the game today, teams our size are forever in trasition.
Good post, with some really good points - particularly regarding the golden generation.:agree:

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 07:49 AM

Give that man a coconut!

I, like everyone else, am quite happy to see the end of this season. Today, if you put aside the disssapointment of the result, I though there were some good signs and would think that we are further along the road than Craig Brown is at Aberdeen. I think for both sides it was all about the manger's having a look at what he has.

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 08:24 AM

:agree: agree with all of this, and another good example of this was fletch, who apparently wasn't Hibs class at first. Well that's been proved wrong!

TornadoHibby
15-05-2011, 09:04 AM

But it is a fair commentary IMO! :agree: :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2011, 09:35 AM
I also thought we had some decent play yesterday, but that cant gloss over what has been nothing short of a shocking effort against the 5 worst teams in the SPL.

I look at the players as individuals and they certainly dont look, at least on paper, any worse than what the other non OF SPL clubs have, with the possible exeption of Dundee Utd who have some very decent players.

I would imagine that CC is on about 10 or 20 times what I earn in a year to turn our lot into a team. So far its looking like a mighty slow process.

As far as I can see what the board and CC do in the next two months is going to be the difference between a reasonable 11 / 12 season and a relegation disaster.

:confused:

macca70
15-05-2011, 09:54 AM

It would appear we've been having a 'transitional season' since Mowabray left!!

How could you possibly have seen anything from that game that gave you any inspiration for next season.

We were rank rotten.

Riordan took his goal well but we got lucky with the break of the ball. He contributed zero after that.

Liam miller needs to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen but once again, other than a few sideways and backwards passes he done hee haw.

Our defence was a shambles, brought dikoh on to try improve things and made our defence worse!!

1 positive from the game though, I thought Towell actually done alright in centre mid.

Tricla
15-05-2011, 10:02 AM

:top marks