PDA

View Full Version : Will calderwood be here next season?

Hibees07
14-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Whilst returning from the game, listening to Calderwoods interview on BBC Radio Scotland the interviewer kept asking CC if he would still be at Hibs next season or moving to a job down south.

I thought it was a strange question but maybe I have missed some managerial sackings down south.

The way I feel today I'll offer to pay the taxi fare. :agree:

Hibs7
14-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Removed hope not.

Duffys13
14-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Whilst returning from the game, listening to Calderwoods interview on BBC Radio Scotland the interviewer kept asking CC if he would still be at Hibs next season or moving to a job down south.

I thought it was a strange question but maybe I have missed some managerial sackings down south.

Listened to it as well. The pundits were certainly hinting they had heard he may be returning back down south. Right now I honestly don't care.

RickyS
14-05-2011, 05:17 PM

i'll drive and pay the petrol

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 05:21 PM
He never denied it.

I am happy to give him a chance but if he has the slightest doubt he should be punted.

This job is a mangers dream. An oportunity to build your own team. Following on from the worst season in a decade they will be hailed a hero if we get in the top six!

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Listened to it as well. The pundits were certainly hinting they had heard he may be returning back down south. Right now I honestly don't care.

anyone got a link?

3pm
14-05-2011, 05:24 PM
He won't last the pace.

Duffys13
14-05-2011, 05:27 PM
anyone got a link?

The bit with the pundits was their wee chat straight after the interview so not sure if there will be a link for it. Maybe someone else that listened to it could add their interpretation of it all.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I hope he stays, we desperately need some stability, we must give him time.

I wouldn't blame him for moving down south considering the way our fans have treated him.

Removed
14-05-2011, 05:31 PM

I wouldn't blame him for moving down south considering the way our fans have treated him.

How have we treated him :confused:

I've not heard any chants to sack him...................yet

Golden Bear
14-05-2011, 05:31 PM
The vibe I got from the interview is that he WILL be at ER next season.

CC went on to explain that it's not often an opportunity arises to fully develop a club and I'd say that task is most certainly a long term project at ER.

He went on to say that DR will almost certainly not be at ER next season; Hanlon and Stephens are likely to be the centre backs next season; the signing of a striker is a priority and very strangely he doesn't see that the lack of effective leadership on the park to be a problem.

I hope I'm wrong but the indications are that next year is going to be another very trying season.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 05:33 PM
How have we treated him :confused:

I've not heard any chants to sack him...................yet

There is a load of folk on here claiming he should be sacked, he has done what we asked him to do and that was to keep us in the league.

Sir David Gray
Couldn't care less if everybody connected with HFC left tomorrow. From the very top to the very bottom, there's literally no-one that I would be sorry to see go.

3pm
The bit with the pundits was their wee chat straight after the interview so not sure if there will be a link for it. Maybe someone else that listened to it could add their interpretation of it all.

Richard Gordon basically said he wasn't convinced by Calderwood's positive response to the question 'Will you be here next year?'

Dirkster23
14-05-2011, 05:34 PM

CC went on to explain that it's not often an opportunity arises to fully develop a club and I'd say that task is most certainly a long term project at ER.

He went on to say that DR will almost certainly not be at ER next season; Hanlon and Stephens are likely to be the centre backs next season; the signing of a striker is a priority and very strangely he doesn't see that the lack of effective leadership on the park to be a problem.

I hope I'm wrong but the indications are that next year is going to be another very trying season.

If that's true, we're in serious trouble!

Golden Bear
14-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Richard Gordon basically said he wasn't convinced by Calderwood's positive to the question 'Will you be here next year?'

He strongly hinted that he would be but never gave a direct answer.

Removed
14-05-2011, 05:37 PM
There is a load of folk on here claiming he should be sacked, he has done what we asked him to do and that was to keep us in the league.

And what's wrong with that? Personally I don't think he has it to take us where I want the club to be but at games he hasn't had any abuse I have heard. Give it a few months and he'll get the same abuse at matches that Mixu & Yogi got.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 05:43 PM

I just about crashed the car when I heard that John. The whole interview did nothing to lift the gloom of a dire 90mins. A JJ`s fish supper on my return beingthe highlight of a dreadfull afternoon. :wink:

Hibs Class
14-05-2011, 05:51 PM

That's how I took it too. He said that opportunities to build your own team don't come along very often. I expect, and hope, he'll be here next year.

forthhibby
14-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I just about crashed the car when I heard that John. The whole interview did nothing to lift the gloom of a dire 90mins. A JJ`s fish supper on my return beingthe highlight of a dreadfull afternoon. :wink:

he did also say the hanlon and stephens would need about 18 months before they are near the finished article, had a lot to learn and fitness to improve

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 05:58 PM
he did also say the hanlon and stephens would need about 18 months before they are near the finished article, had a lot to learn and fitness to improve

By that time we will be in the 1st Div.

forthhibby
14-05-2011, 06:00 PM

then we'll have an excellent centre half pairing to lead our promotion push :greengrin

Ryan69
14-05-2011, 06:02 PM
As much as Im all up for giving chances and things.
Realisically an end of season review WILL occur! That much is certain.

Petrie should be highlighting certain facts,and pointing out the 25% success rate.
No matter what anybody says...he brought players in and made his own choices.That sort of success rate is not acceptable for a club of Hibs Stature!Unless he can explain whats went wrong and mistakes he has made....He will be out the door!

Petrie is Ruthless,and im sure he will not be happy!

We are also in a position where purse-strings could be loosened...players have to come in,thats a fact!

But can Petrie trust him with it...OR get someone he thinks can in!

14-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I had my doubts about Calderwood but was prepared to give him time but im sorry, I just dont see any positives from him at all. His decisions are absolutly ridiculous at times. I agree, he doesn't have an awful lot to work with, a very poor set of players but we definatly should be doing better. He shows no emotion on the touchline, never shouting or getting angry at players or trying to pump some motivation into them.

We may not like managers like Lennon or Jefferies etc. but every game they are out there screaming at players and in return the players give a response and look as if they are actually hungry to win, which is what we are despritly missing! To many players just look as if they couldn't care less!

Im not calling for him to go just yet, but he will have to make some very drastic changes in the summer!

eastmainsmsh
14-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Only can think of Sheffield united job

CC hardly gives anything away and comes across as quite shy during interviews

If he did leave i wouldnt give it to Derek Adams as he had a lucky run with Ross County in scottish cup and look where they are in Div 1

Massive changes required as from now

snooky
14-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Couldn't care less if everybody connected with HFC left tomorrow. From the very top to the very bottom, there's literally no-one that I would be sorry to see go.

Sadly that's how I feel right now with the exception of Booth who appears to be the only light in the long dark tunnel ahead.

truehibernian
14-05-2011, 06:17 PM
My heart sank I have to admit at his extreme reluctance to admit (or concede) Jim Spence's opinion that perhaps to compliment the nice football we needed leadership and experience. I think it is glaringly obvious that we do (as well as pace). His 'strange' reply was that if you get experience it is often at the 'expense' of something else.......I thought this was quite bizarre from someone like Calderwood. If anything, if you get in experience, you get someone who has 'been there, done it', who is not afraid to take games by the scruff, and who talks and leads by example. If he infers that you lose technical ability, I am sorry Colin you have clearly not seen the last few games whereby the technicalities of the game have simply left the likes of Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Dickoh and Miller.

Same old Hibs if that is CC's assessment (and I am a huge fan and believer in him too)........we will flatter to deceive, have a soft underbelly, and play one paced football if we do not, immediately, get different players in who have a completely different approach. Speed, power and leadership as opposed to the pitter patter, through the middle, side to side football. Please Colin, tell me you see it too.....................................:rolleyes:

Aldo
14-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I thought Towell was excellent in the MF and for me was our best player. Felt really sorry for Sodje....the guy ran his heart out. Might not be the greatest but at least he tried.

Once again we should of killed the game off once and for all. All Miller had to do was lift it about 4 inches off of the ground and he would of put it in the bottom corner. Towell missed an open goal. Deek (apart from his goal) couldnt score...for me the deek of seasons before would of dispatched the ball into the far corner. He looked disinterested a lot of the time TBH. We gifted Aberdeen their goals.

As for next season was speaking to a friend today who has said that Sproule was at East Mains a couple of times last week with his agent and has heard there may be more than a good chance O'Connor will sign (this cannot be confirmed though as CC and DA are playing their cards very close to their chests at the mo)

Can see it being a very long season next season but will try to be positive and support CC and the team.

GG

PS as for Deek his work rate is not good enough for me and I personally think he will not be here next season.

Jim44
14-05-2011, 06:37 PM
That's how I took it too. He said that opportunities to build your own team don't come along very often. I expect, and hope, he'll be here next year.

Building a new team, whose backbone is players that are presently at the club, is like building a new wall with reconditioned bricks from the original wall. Can they be tidied up enough to not show signs of wear and tear from the original. It'll all end in tears I tell you. :greengrin

PaulSmith
14-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Gordon Strachan back in Edinburgh and down watching games today at Marine Drive, personally I'd take him right now but we need to get our heads around the fact that Calderwood will be here until at least March next year at the very minimum.
I've still to see anything which suggests that he can turn us into even a top 6 team but we've NO other option other than to support him and the club.
This season has been a disaster, a total wreck of a season which puts the club at a huge crossroads. Another season like this one will see crippling losses and massive downsizing.
Right now though Hibs can just F off from my life for the next 5/6 weeks until I start to think about next season.
A warning though for those expecting 10+ players to arrive, it ain't going to happen. Sproule plus 4 would be my guess.

sesoim
14-05-2011, 06:44 PM

NO. Petrie would have expected top six minimum from him this season. It is the Hibs manager's job to get us into Europe either via a league placing or the Cup. The league showing under CC has been horrendous, but the Cup was even worse.

sesoim
14-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I thought Towell was excellent in the MF and for me was our best player.

I can't give that guy any credit after THAT miss. Were our Irish "players" in competition with each other to see who could miss the worse sitter? Woeful.

Andy74
14-05-2011, 07:03 PM

We asked him to do that in October after only 8 games dud we?

Beefster
14-05-2011, 07:06 PM
We asked him to do that in October after only 8 games dud we?

Considering that Hughes' team, over his last 7 months, was in guaranteed relegation form, it's a possibility.

CB_NO3
14-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I posted a thread last night about the future of Calderwood. I have heard a story that he will be leaving. If its true then the new manager is in place already. I took the story with a pinch of salt but you never know.

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Just listened to post match interview, i have no doubt he will be here next season and in all honesty i am glad. Do i think we are going to be world beaters next season - no, do i think we can start putting together a strong nucleus for years to come - yes!!!

Also, i dont know if anyone else noticed but at the end of the interview he mentioned getting rid of some of the rubbish and went on to say that includes some of the personnel. Whilst i am aware this was slightly in jest i dont for one second think there is no truth in this. He is not daft and the dross will be gone and we will come back stronger next season.

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I posted a thread last night about the future of Calderwood. I have heard a story that he will be leaving. If its true then the new manager is in place already. I took the story with a pinch of salt but you never know.

Who??

Removed
14-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Who??

I'd hazard a guess at Adams :dunno:

scoopyboy
14-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Who??

I would hazard a guess at Derek Adams.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2011, 07:43 PM

Stability? I can't understand if he is genuinely this bad, or manipulating things to get the sack.....Its woeful

samuelsixto'o
14-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Of course he will. I wish he would gtf along with everyone else in the team and on the board.

CB_NO3
14-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Who??

The name I have heard is John Brown. Never heard of him personally. I dont think its the ex hun. I have spoke to his soon to be P.A. and she has confirmed this. This P.A. who is very close to me has told me she is going for an interview on Tuesday at the Balmoral to get the P.A. job for the new Hibs manager as Calderwood is getting punted on Monday or Tuesday. Its either true or some weird guy is having my mate on offering her a job that dont excist. I am baffled by it all and as I say I am taking this story with a pinch of salt. Time will tell.

samuelsixto'o
14-05-2011, 07:50 PM
The name I have heard is John Brown. Never heard of him personally. I dont think its the ex hun. I have spoke to his soon to be P.A. and she has confirmed this. This P.A. who is very close to me has told me she is going for an interview on Tuesday at the Balmoral to get the P.A. job for the new Hibs manager as Calderwood is getting punted on Monday or Tuesday. Its either true or some weird guy is having my mate on offering her a job that dont excist. I am baffled by it all and as I say I am taking this story with a pinch of salt. Time will tell.

I would love to say what a load of colin nish, but nothing would surprise me cinsidering we have a board who clearly want us to be a mid/lower table team.

If true what a complete farce. We would be as well keeping cc if thats true. When will they stop testing out unknows on us.

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 07:52 PM

More holes than a lump of gorgonzola ....

If she is his "soon to be PA", why is she going for an interview?

If she is going for an interview, why is it at the Balmoral, when there are plenty offices at ER and EM? That would involve paying money....:rolleyes:

sesoim
14-05-2011, 07:52 PM

:faf:

chrisski33
14-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Pish!

sesoim
14-05-2011, 07:56 PM

It's more likely to be his ex-central defensive partner at Rangers. Taking a much smaller club 16 points ahead of us with a quarter of our budget wont have went unnoticed.

CB_NO3
14-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Pish!

Hopefully.

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 08:15 PM

:greengrinThat's really cheered me up mate - thanks for that!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Calderwoods interview after the game was right up there with Yogi's finest. Hanlon and Stephens being real quality, not needing a player who can lead the side. He's another dumplin, thats the last time i watch that shower of crap sober ever again.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Anyone who wants CC out should watch the Barnsley situation closely...you may be about to get your wish.

stubru59
14-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Will he still be here? More to the point, do we really care?

At this stage I'd suggest most of us who attend games couldn't give a toss.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Will he still be here? More to the point, do we really care?

At this stage I'd suggest most of us who attend games couldn't give a toss.

I hope he is. As daft as it probably sounds, I was encouraged by his interview today post-match. I know folk have slated him for it, but IMHO it reflected someone who saw the bigger picture and who had solid plans on a bigger piece of work than getting this particular side performing.

IMHO, a lot of what CC has said has been about laying foundations and building the club back up to where we should be. He doesn't see it as an overnight job and given the nick we've been in these last few years, nor should we.

I think it takes a helluva lot of confidence in what you're doing to be a football manager and state after a 1-3 defeat that you're not perturbed about the result because it's a step in the journey that we're on.

I don't think CC lacks the ability to build us up, I don't think he lacks the drive or the commitment, and I don't think he lacks the managerial skills to do it. My biggest concern is that he might lack the time because there's (justifiably, to an extent) a growing number of enraged voices questioning his suitability for the job.

My other worry is that he's not done enough to buy himself that time. I've already noted a lot of similarities in the comments about CC that we were seeing on here about Yogi. Folk questioning his body language and actions, hammering him for post-match interviews, substitutions, team selections, how he handles situations etc.

For the sake of the club, I genuinely hope that the board don't bottle it and replace him, and likewise I hope he doesn't bottle it and leave. I cannot bear the thought of another season of "ah, but they're not his signings", " give him a break, the last manager had us heading down", "Let him build his own team FFS" etc.

I get the feeling I'll be in the minority on this one, so my tin hat is firmly on.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 09:12 PM
I hope he is. As daft as it probably sounds, I was encouraged by his interview today post-match. I know folk have slated him for it, but IMHO it reflected someone who saw the bigger picture and who had solid plans on a bigger piece of work than getting this particular side performing.

IMHO, a lot of what CC has said has been about laying foundations and building the club back up to where we should be. He doesn't see it as an overnight job and given the nick we've been in these last few years, nor should we.

I think it takes a helluva lot of confidence in what you're doing to be a football manager and state after a 1-3 defeat that you're not perturbed about the result because it's a step in the journey that we're on.

I don't think CC lacks the ability to build us up, I don't think he lacks the drive or the commitment, and I don't think he lacks the managerial skills to do it. My biggest concern is that he might lack the time because there's (justifiably, to an extent) a growing number of enraged voices questioning his suitability for the job.

My other worry is that he's not done enough to buy himself that time. I've already noted a lot of similarities in the comments about CC that we were seeing on here about Yogi. Folk questioning his body language and actions, hammering him for post-match interviews, substitutions, team selections, how he handles situations etc.

For the sake of the club, I genuinely hope that the board don't bottle it and replace him, and likewise I hope he doesn't bottle it and leave. I cannot bear the thought of another season of "ah, but they're not his signings", " give him a break, the last manager had us heading down", "Let him build his own team FFS" etc.

I get the feeling I'll be in the minority on this one, so my tin hat is firmly on.

The sensible are always the minority.

half.time.draw.
14-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Time to go I am afraid, that is the worst I have seen in my lifetime

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 09:18 PM

I am with you.

I totally understand why some ppl are so angry but i do truly believe we need to see something throught for once.

I reckon given time you will see a much improved Hibs team.

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Time to go I am afraid, that is the worst I have seen in my lifetime

Very objective !!! :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2011, 09:19 PM

100% agree. We share a remarkably similar viewpoint on Calderwood.

Removed
14-05-2011, 09:21 PM

:agree:

You back on the :smokin mate :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
14-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Think he'll be at ER, but won't last past Xmas if we get more of the same. His buys better be imaginative an decent quality with some leaders/winners mixed in with them. Anything less will be a waste of time & money (again).

Beefster
14-05-2011, 09:26 PM

Needless to say, you're spot on. If the Hibs board sack or mutually-consent Calderwood any time soon, my last remaining trust in Rodders and co will evaporate. I'll even consider getting a refund on my renewed ST and picking the games I want to attend depending on how I feel on the day.

Removed
14-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Needless to say, you're spot on. If the Hibs board sack or mutually-consent Calderwood any time soon, my last remaining trust in Rodders and co will evaporate. I'll even consider getting a refund on my renewed ST and picking the games I want to attend depending on how I feel on the day.

There will be as many, if not more, who will want a refund when we are subjected to eye bleeding football next season.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:29 PM

:agree: Would probably consider the same approach. We are constantly a team in transition, and will always remain so if the board soil their breeks at the first sign of trouble.

Removed
14-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I am with you.

I totally understand why some ppl are so angry but i do truly believe we need to see something throught for once.

I reckon given time you will see a much improved Hibs team.

What evidence do you base that viewpoint on?

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:31 PM
There will be as many, if not more, who will want a refund when we are subjected to eye bleeding football next season.

Surely you don't think it was eye-bleeding football today?:confused:

Created loads of chances, most of which came from well worked moves. Fair enough we conceded three very soft goals, but the overall performance was never eye bleeding.

Beefster
14-05-2011, 09:33 PM

That entire argument is predicated on the fact that Calderwood will fail to improve the squad in the summer. I like to be an optimist.

Removed
14-05-2011, 09:35 PM
That entire argument is predicated on the fact that Calderwood will fail to improve the squad in the summer. I like to be an optimist.

He'll need to improve it because he's struggled to get much out of the players we do have.

I like to be an optimist as well but I'm afraid it's glass half empty for me just now.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 09:36 PM
CC had a 45% win ratio as a manager before he came to Hibs, but he's the problem, yes?

Removed
14-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Surely you don't think it was eye-bleeding football today?:confused:

Created loads of chances, most of which came from well worked moves. Fair enough we conceded three very soft goals, but the overall performance was never eye bleeding.

I'm not just talking about today. Look at the views from the past half a dozen or so games. I was under the impression that the bottom 6 was good because we could win a few and get some confidence for next season. Well I for one am as disillusioned and as negative as I've ever been. I'm afraid I can't share your optimism.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm inclined to agree with most of that but our record under Calderwood has been so bad in the past 7 months since he arrived that it's almost identical to the record that Hughes had towards the end of his time in charge and the board deemed that to be worthy of the sack.

I have seen almost nothing since he arrived that suggests to me that next season will be any better than the season that's just passed. Again, most of the players who were involved today will be part of the squad next season.

I agree that there needs to be a period of stability at the club but where do we draw the line and at which moment do we say "enough is enough" and call for Calderwood to go?

We can't just have stability in the managerial role for the sake of it because we've already had five managers in the past five or six years.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm not just talking about today. Look at the views from the past half a dozen or so games. I was under the impression that the bottom 6 was good because we could win a few and get some confidence for next season. Well I for one am as disillusioned and as negative as I've ever been. I'm afraid I can't share your optimism.

We've battered a couple of teams and not got the reward for it since the split. We should have beat St Mirren, St Johnstone were never in the game til Sodje went off, Hamilton- how they beat us I'll never know!

You read too much into what gets posted on here. Bottom 6 was never going to be good. Bottom 6 with no chance of going down and not even having the benefit of having had what could be considered a good season behind us, was always going to be rank.

I said before the split that it'd be pish if we didn't get top 6 and so it has been. The thought that we'd pump all the other teams pays no heed whatsoever to the standard of team we have been all season and is just wrong, IMHO.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm inclined to agree with most of that but our record under Calderwood has been so bad in the past 7 months since he arrived that it's almost identical to the record that Hughes had towards the end of his time in charge and the board deemed that to be worthy of the sack.

I have seen almost nothing since he arrived that suggests to me that next season will be any better than the season that's just passed. Again, most of the players who were involved today will be part of the squad next season.

I agree that there needs to be a period of stability at the club but where do we draw the line and at which moment do we say "enough is enough" and call for Calderwood to go?

We can't just have stability in the managerial role for the sake of it because we've already had five managers in the past five or six years.

Of course his record is like Yogi's - he's had much the same squad and latterly has been less concerned with results than he has trying to get a sense of what needs done in the close season.

When it mattered, the signings he made (when they were all available) made the difference. We won games and got ourselves safe.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 10:00 PM
If the players aren't capable of being mentally tough, there's no manager who can instill it.

That's what we're short of. We can pass a ball forwards and quickly under CC. We couldn't and didn't under Hughes.

Removed
14-05-2011, 10:03 PM
We've battered a couple of teams and not got the reward for it since the split. We should have beat St Mirren, St Johnstone were never in the game til Sodje went off, Hamilton- how they beat us I'll never know!

You read too much into what gets posted on here. Bottom 6 was never going to be good. Bottom 6 with no chance of going down and not even having the benefit of having had what could be considered a good season behind us, was always going to be rank.

I said before the split that it'd be pish if we didn't get top 6 and so it has been. The thought that we'd pump all the other teams pays no heed whatsoever to the standard of team we have been all season and is just wrong, IMHO.

I really can't remember us "battering" teams lately. Maybe I was too busy texting you to watch the game :wink:

And the bit in bold - it says more to me about CCs ability to motivate, manage and make tactical changes. Sure we've had more than our share of poor finishing and sloppy defending but to go on that run then bomb like we have has me worried. I don't think we will see many new players in before next season so he needs to get something out of what we have got now. I don't know if he can do that.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 10:10 PM
We wanted the board to spend money on a proven track record manager without busting the budget - done.

We wanted that manager to drop then punt the pish that Yogi wouldn't - done.

We wanted the manager to give youth like Booth a chance and sign up and comers from biggers teams - done.

We wanted him to get results and turn things away from relegation - done.

We wanted him to blood the kids and try different things - done.

We still want him gone.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I really can't remember us "battering" teams lately. Maybe I was too busy texting you to watch the game :wink:

And the bit in bold - it says more to me about CCs ability to motivate, manage and make tactical changes. Sure we've had more than our share of poor finishing and sloppy defending but to go on that run then bomb like we have has me worried. I don't think we will see many new players in before next season so he needs to get something out of what we have got now. I don't know if he can do that.

Check the stats for the Hamilton game - they had one(!) shot on goal. One. We had something like 19 IIRC.

I lost count of the number of good chances that we missed against the Yams.

Maybe the difference is that I haven't made up my mind on the manager yet, whereas you have :wink: :greengrin

Removed
14-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Check the stats for the Hamilton game - they had one(!) shot on goal. One. We had something like 19 IIRC.

I lost count of the number of good chances that we missed against the Yams.

Maybe the difference is that I haven't made up my mind on the manager yet, whereas you have :wink: :greengrin

:greengrin probably.

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 10:17 PM
We wanted the board to spend money on a proven track record manager without busting the budget - done.

We wanted that manager to drop then punt the pish that Yogi wouldn't - done.

We wanted the manager to give youth like Booth a chance and sign up and comers from biggers teams - done.

We wanted him to get results and turn things away from relegation - done.

We wanted him to blood the kids and try different things - done.

We still want him gone.

We wanted him to take care of a 2nd div team in the Cup - not done.

We wanted a Derby win - not done.

We wanted a bit spirit and fight about the team - not done.

We wanted him to sound as far removed from Alex Miller and Williamson as possible in his post-match interviews - not done.

We wanted him as an ex-international centre half to spot the obvious soft centre in the team and address it - not done.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 10:21 PM
We wanted him to take care of a 2nd div team in the Cup - not done.

We wanted a Derby win - not done.

We wanted a bit spirit and fight about the team - not done.

We wanted him to sound as far removed from Alex Miller and Williamson as possible in his post-match interviews - not done.

We wanted him as an ex-international centre half to spot the obvious soft centre in the team and address it - not done.

And of the two sets of criteria, which is the most important to the development of the club?

Hibernian has cancer and it's terminal. It's interesting that we keep chemo-ing the manager's chair and the cancer's still here.

smurf
14-05-2011, 10:45 PM
And of the two sets of criteria, which is the most important to the development of the club?

Hibernian has cancer and it's terminal. It's interesting that we keep chemo-ing the manager's chair and the cancer's still here.

I'm inclined to agree. Where should the chemotherapy be directed at in your opinion?

matty_f
14-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm inclined to agree. Where should the chemotherapy be directed at in your opinion?

It needs to be given time to work, not given a little while then changed for a different course of treatment. We need to see it through.

smurf
14-05-2011, 10:52 PM
It needs to be given time to work, not given a little while then changed for a different course of treatment. We need to see it through.

Unless CC is given real backing this summer in the window then next season will follow a now familiar pattern.

As CC said we have lots of litter on the park.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Unless CC is given real backing this summer in the window then next season will follow a now familiar pattern.

As CC said we have lots of litter on the park.

:agree: We all need to back CC.

Speedway
14-05-2011, 11:11 PM

2 main organs spring to mind.

SteveHFC
14-05-2011, 11:44 PM
I'am still backing him to at least Christmas.

I'am getting sick of changing managers every year.

ScottB
15-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Did hear an interesting rumour that Adams is quitting. Whether due to an issue at ER or to take another job I don't know...

ozhibs
15-05-2011, 06:08 AM

:

Obviously being in Oz I have not heard the interview But I would not be surprised if IMHO CC does not go and see RP and ask for a decent budget or I'm offski.

hibiedude
15-05-2011, 06:29 AM
We got the natural bounce you get when a manager brings in new faces in the January transfer window and that’s what saved us from relegation this season.

But do I think CC can take us to the next level in our rebuilding when the new season kicks off, the answer is NO.

As said if he stays the quality of the players he brings in will give insight to what this guy is thinking because will it be players to keep us in the SPL or will it be players to move the club forward.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 06:39 AM
CC had a 45% win ratio as a manager before he came to Hibs, but he's the problem, yes?

My tuppence worth is that when CC joined us he assessed the squad he had at the time and changed what he could to avoid relgation (which couldnt possibly be avoided according to many on this board) Having done that he has used the remainder of the season to try out various permutations and have a greater idea of what works and dosent.

I expect him to be here next season and I understand he works well with the board (rod in particular) and that the players have total respect for him. .

He strikes me as someone whose actions are of a man who is very secure in his job and who is pandering to no-one. He is by no means the weakling some would paint him as

Players will move in and out of ER this season and every season thereafter as if they're good enough they will want to move on for (lots) more money and the club wont stand in their way, which is very different from being sold at the first opportunity. If they're not they will be booed roundly from the stands and chased out the door and we will be left with the core, a nucleus of journeymen pro's who nobody wants but are better than whats available.

Thats the way it is.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 06:42 AM

Unfortunately for you Smurf the guys you dont like actually own the club.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Did hear an interesting rumour that Adams is quitting. Whether due to an issue at ER or to take another job I don't know...

He is mightily peed of (no swearies :greengrin) at his treatment from the SFA if thats a factor.

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 07:34 AM
It annoys me that people keep bringing up his win percentage. It's not really a fair assessment considering he didn't even have his own players for a lot of that time and he's been experimenting a lot and playing youth.

We desperately need some stability and I still have faith that cc is the man to take us forward. The players seem to play for him and a few players have said that the whole camp is now a lot calmer than it was under yogi.

He has gotten rid of a lot of the dross and I'm looking forward to seeing who he brings in this summer.

We need to stick with him.

random sub
15-05-2011, 09:25 AM
It annoys me that people keep bringing up his win percentage. It's not really a fair assessment considering he didn't even have his own players for a lot of that time and he's been experimenting a lot and playing youth.

We desperately need some stability and I still have faith that cc is the man to take us forward. The players seem to play for him and a few players have said that the whole camp is now a lot calmer than it was under yogi.

He has gotten rid of a lot of the dross and I'm looking forward to seeing who he brings in this summer.

We need to stick with him.

It is not just his percentage wins that bothers me, he talks a fairly bland and uninspiring game too, doesn't really seem to have any passion for Hibs. How does that style translate in the dressing room, can you see him really firing up a team?

As for his tactics and win every game mentality..... well we have seen all about that in these last 5 games.

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 09:38 AM
It is not just his percentage wins that bothers me, he talks a fairly bland and uninspiring game too, doesn't really seem to have any passion for Hibs. How does that style translate in the dressing room, can you see him really firing up a team?

As for his tactics and win every game mentality..... well we have seen all about that in these last 5 games.

He obviously has passion for Hibs, you could see that when we scored the second goal in the derby.

He managed to fire up the team on that 7 match unbeaten run shows that he can get the team up for games.

As for the last 5 games he has been experimenting and playing youth, and it's always going to be hard to motivate your players for five meaningless games and tbh the ones that ive seen we haven't been that bad. We have a created a load of chances, just haven't been able to take them. We desperately need a goalscorer and CC has said he plans to address this issue. He is already in talks with a foreign striker. Our other problem has been defensive slip ups, mainly due to playing such a young defence, just to give all the young guys a chance.

Expect to see a new team next season:agree:

225-EasterRd
15-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I am still to be fully convinced that Colin Calderwood is the man for HIBS.
Saying that, we were stairing relegation in the face, he truned that around.
We have had too many mangers over the last few years and need to give him time, He will be judged on next season, we must be in the top 6 and then challenging for 4th/3rd place.
I hope WE are and HE stays.:cgwa

Beefster
15-05-2011, 11:02 AM

I'm sorry but that's absolute bull****. Players say he's a good manager with tons of integrity and dignity. I'll take that over some random on a message board who has probably never spoken to the guy.

stokesmessiah
15-05-2011, 11:16 AM
He obviously has passion for Hibs, you could see that when we scored the second goal in the derby.

He managed to fire up the team on that 7 match unbeaten run shows that he can get the team up for games.

As for the last 5 games he has been experimenting and playing youth, and it's always going to be hard to motivate your players for five meaningless games and tbh the ones that ive seen we haven't been that bad. We have a created a load of chances, just haven't been able to take them. We desperately need a goalscorer and CC has said he plans to address this issue. He is already in talks with a foreign striker. Our other problem has been defensive slip ups, mainly due to playing such a young defence, just to give all the young guys a chance.

Have I missed something and if so can you elaborate on this???

jdships
15-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry but that's absolute bull****. Players say he's a good manager with tons of integrity and dignity. I'll take that over some random on a message board who has probably never spoken to the guy.

Can confirm/agree with what you say . My young lads tell me he is easy to speak to and always available for a chat :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post

Would you rather listen to pointless "b..l s...t as spouted by Yogi and to a lesser degree by Mixu ?
All that was doing was papering over the cracks
Let's judge the man when he has his own squad/team on the park - he surely deserves that at very least.
We are still in the SPL why not put season 2010/11 to bed and start afresh ?

:flag:

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 05:13 PM

There was a bit on the pm board about it, he was talking to someone on sponsors evening .

The Gorf
16-05-2011, 07:03 AM

They say it's a bad workman who blames his tools however................in this case!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
16-05-2011, 07:27 AM
So far all he's shown us is that he's at least as crap as anything we had before. If rthings don't improve he'll be gone early into next season.

The Sea-gull
16-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Is anyone else watching Chris Hughton's next move with interest? CC could jump ship to join him as his assistant somewhere as the money on offer would probably be better or comparable with his Hibs wage and the hassle factor would be less as a number 2.

Suppose it really depends on how much CC wants to be his own man and whether he views the challenge at ER to be a better option than assisting in England.

There are and will be jobs vacant in England, mainly in the Championship but even in the EPL there may be vacancy at Blackburn for example.

The West Ham thing is interesting now they are down. They won't have a lot of money for a big name and surely will at least look at Hughton and CC given the job they did in getting Newcastle straight back up.

marinello59
16-05-2011, 08:15 AM

If the players and management took the view that they were meaningless games then no wonder our season ended with a pathetic whimper. They had five games to try and atone for the embarrassment of being in the bottom six in the first place. A sense of pride alone should have seen us striving to be the best of the rest by finishing seventh in the league, What we got was a group of players who seemed to be going through the motions. There were points to be played for and given how poor the opposition we face in our final games, experimentation or not, we should have done much better.

Speedway
16-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Is anyone else watching Chris Hughton's next move with interest? CC could jump ship to join him as his assistant somewhere as the money on offer would probably be better or comparable with his Hibs wage and the hassle factor would be less as a number 2.

Suppose it really depends on how much CC wants to be his own man and whether he views the challenge at ER to be a better option than assisting in England.

There are and will be jobs vacant in England, mainly in the Championship but even in the EPL there may be vacancy at Blackburn for example.

The West Ham thing is interesting now they are down. They won't have a lot of money for a big name and surely will at least look at Hughton and CC given the job they did in getting Newcastle straight back up.

Haw Colin, yer've got nae dosh this summer. The few thousand who do turn up and those online want you out and you will not be given the funds to bring in anyone who can do the basics right consistently enough to stop your team from making you look bad through basic errors.

Or there's a hundred grand a year in the championship. Your choice.

AlbertK86
16-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Give CC a chance to show what he can do.

Let's wait and see what he does in the transfer market.... good luck to him as i don't envy him the task...hands tied by finances... but yet again so are most other clubs' in Scotland.

Good luck and here's hoping you show all the doubters wrong.

RP lets back our manager. Not expecting million or half a million signings just a decent wage structure that shows a bit of ambition

number9dream
16-05-2011, 09:34 AM
CC is clearly uncomfortable talking to the media and does have a habit of tripping over his words and quite often sounds utterly bonkers.
What concerns me more is the shambolic defending we are subject to nearly every week and the complete lack of confidence in the team.
CC gives off a very negative vibe when talking - not quite Avram Grant - but not far off.
Let's hope he is brighter and more positive in the dressing room / training ground...

Speedway
16-05-2011, 09:44 AM
CC is clearly uncomfortable talking to the media and does have a habit of tripping over his words and quite often sounds utterly bonkers.
What concerns me more is the shambolic defending we are subject to nearly every week and the complete lack of confidence in the team.
CC gives off a very negative vibe when talking - not quite Avram Grant - but not far off.
Let's hope he is brighter and more positive in the dressing room / training ground...

No he doesn't.

AlbertK86
16-05-2011, 09:55 AM

Completely agree about the defending especially the last few weeks.

Not convinced Hanlon has the physical presence or neccessary aggression in there. Hope i'm wrong and that can be developed as there is something there. Needs a dominant experienced talker beside him.

Remember how good Sauzee made Smith and Fenwick look.

Can't see us ever being that lucky ever again to get a player of his standing but we can dream

jdships
16-05-2011, 10:15 AM

On what evidence do you base your remarks ?
Have you actually met and spoken to the man ?
As SPEEDWAY says " no he doesn't "

For goodness sake give the man a chance to prove himself :rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
16-05-2011, 10:26 AM

In a word, yes, in 2 words, yes yes.

Many reasons, his contract buyout at ER would be to much for many clubs down south, ironically the same reason the board won't sack him. He wan'ts the challenge of getting us to where we should be 3/4/5 in the table, and with a certain amount of flair in our play.

To name one, Ivan Sproule, no one here excited to see him back at ER? the possibility of GOC returning(i always said him and Deeks don't get on) ?

C'mon people time to take the blinkers off and start looking forward to the new season with a hint of optimism instead of this negative tripe all the time.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2011, 10:28 AM
If Chris Hughton gets the West Ham job, it would not surprise me if he left to go with him.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Hope its Bulykin from ADO, 2nd top scorer in Dutch league this season, can hold a ball up well and his touch is second to none.

Twa Cairpets
16-05-2011, 10:43 AM

I'll take that bet.

Seriously - assuming that Hanlon and Stephens are centre half pairings, I will bet you £50 that we are not relegate next season, money to a charity of our choice.

Or is it just more grandstanding "woe is me" bollox

Twa Cairpets
16-05-2011, 10:47 AM

Yeh, 'cos passion for Hibs worked out really well with Yogi didn't it?

hibs0666
16-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Some of the utter keek dribbled out in this thread really makes me despair for the future of my football club. The want-it-now-or-I'll-scream-and-scream brigade seem to be out, batons sharpened, once again.

The last time I saw them so noisy was to make sure that Mixu got emptied, football experts that they are. :rolleyes:

number9dream
18-05-2011, 11:18 AM
On what evidence do you base your remarks ?
Have you actually met and spoken to the man ?
As SPEEDWAY says " no he doesn't "

For goodness sake give the man a chance to prove himself :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13401596.stm

Listen to this interview! He's sounds totally unhinged - incapable of a coherent sentence. The attempt at a gag at the end is terrifying...
I stress that I don't care what his interviewing skills are like - but you have to acknowledge that they are terrible.
I just hope he's a better communicator in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

jdships
18-05-2011, 12:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13401596.stm

Listen to this interview! He's sounds totally unhinged - incapable of a coherent sentence. The attempt at a gag at the end is terrifying...
I stress that I don't care what his interviewing skills are like - but you have to acknowledge that they are terrible.
I just hope he's a better communicator in the dressing room and on the training pitch.

As always it is a matter of opinion based on the evidence we have :greengrin:wink:

ian cruise
18-05-2011, 01:34 PM

this post sums up exactly how I feel

Stevie Reid
18-05-2011, 02:01 PM
If the players and management took the view that they were meaningless games then no wonder our season ended with a pathetic whimper. They had five games to try and atone for the embarrassment of being in the bottom six in the first place. A sense of pride alone should have seen us striving to be the best of the rest by finishing seventh in the league, What we got was a group of players who seemed to be going through the motions. There were points to be played for and given how poor the opposition we face in our final games, experimentation or not, we should have done much better.

We could have made an extra £250,000 by finishing 7th - would've come in handy and had a big effect on CC's opportunities to improve us over the summer. The manager was aware of how important these games were, but it did not translate to the players at all.

I don't want him sacked but see nothing to be encourged about - despite taking the time to read all the admirably positive posts on this board.

Hamish
18-05-2011, 04:05 PM
In answer to the original question I reckon it depends if Chris Hughton gets a job in the EPL or Championship......