PDA

View Full Version : Same Old, Same Old

Bobo
14-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Without a shaddow od doubt the worst Hibs squad I have ever had to suffer in my 40+ years following Hibs.

For seasons now I've watched inept performance after inept performance in the hope that things would get better but after today I've given up all hope!!

A meaningless nothing game with nothing at stake and still we can't play football or go out to entertain!. Totally cluless inept performance under the guidance of what would appear to be another tactically inept manager.

There's no ability, no fitness, no strength, no tactics .... absolutely F-all to indicate that there is anything of note to look forward to from these players next season. They've been humbled by so many p!ss poor teams this season that it's frightening to think just what state we'll be in come July.

Enjoy your summer while you can because next season is going to see more of the same sub-standard p!sh that we've been served up for at least the past 3 seasons..... can't see there being much change. :brickwall

SteveHFC
14-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I have been watching Hibs since I was 3. This is the worst team I have seen so far. Why are my renewing my Season Ticket For next season to watch this rubbish.

Johnny_Leith
14-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Without a shaddow od doubt the worst Hibs squad I have ever had to suffer in my 40+ years following Hibs.

For seasons now I've watched inept performance after inept performance in the hope that things would get better but after today I've given up all hope!!

A meaningless nothing game with nothing at stake and still we can't play football or go out to entertain!. Totally cluless inept performance under the guidance of what would appear to be another tactically inept manager.

There's no ability, no fitness, no strength, no tactics .... absolutely F-all to indicate that there is anything of note to look forward to from these players next season. They've been humbled by so many p!ss poor teams this season that it's frightening to think just what state we'll be in come July.

Enjoy your summer while you can because next season is going to see more of the same sub-standard p!sh that we've been served up for at least the past 3 seasons..... can't see there being much change. :brickwall

When CC took off Vaz Te for Dickoh, I thought that showed tactical awareness, Aberdeen were starting to get some joy 2v1 on Stevenson, putting Dickoh on let Hanlon play LB and Stevenson support him. We then went on to control the game, would you no agree?

What can he do, I thought we were the better team, had Miller, Towell and Wotherspoon all miss sitters. Have a stonewaller denied, hit the post and bar. We cannot defend but we never deserved to get beat today.

Beefster
14-05-2011, 04:33 PM
The worrying thing is that we have Stevenson and Sodje returning next season, are trying to persuade Miller, Riordan, Dickoh and Towell to come back and might even have the delight of Vaz Te. It's going to take more change than Hibs seem to be capable of making to make us into any sort of SPL team.

Utter, utter *****.

Bobo
14-05-2011, 04:40 PM
When CC took off Vaz Te for Dickoh, I thought that showed tactical awareness, Aberdeen were starting to get some joy 2v1 on Stevenson, putting Dickoh on let Hanlon play LB and Stevenson support him. We then went on to control the game, would you no agree?

What can he do, I thought we were the better team, had Miller, Towell and Wotherspoon all miss sitters. Have a stonewaller denied, hit the post and bar. We cannot defend but we never deserved to get beat today.

Stevenson and Dickoh should be no more than squad players and nowhere near the starting 11. Wotherspoon flatters to decieve and 9 out of 10 times makes the wrong decision when on the ball. If we're pinning our hopes on these 3 players we'll be in serious trouble next season!

Johnny_Leith
14-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Stevenson and Dickoh should be no more than squad players and nowhere near the starting 11. Wotherspoon flatters to decieve and 9 out of 10 times makes the wrong decision when on the ball. If we're pinning our hopes on these 3 players we'll be in serious trouble next season!

Agreed, Stevenson is handy enough to have around. Dickoh will hopefully leave and I'm no fan of Wotherspoon at all, infact it was his lack of tracking back which left Towell facing 2v1 to which they scored from.

Hopefully CC can bring in some quality in the summer and have us top 5 minimum next season.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Tactical awareness? After the substitution Aberdeen ran riot in fact the defence was a shambles in the last 30mins.. Hanlon might be a promising centre half but a left back he is not. A bench load of young players and he brings on 2 central defenders. Where is the future in that? Craig Brown did the opposite and gave several kids a chance and finished up winning 3-1. Says it all really.

Johnny_Leith
14-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Tactical awareness? After the substitution Aberdeen ran riot in fact the defence was a shambles in the last 30mins.. Hanlon might be a promising centre half but a left back he is not. A bench load of young players and he brings on 2 central defenders. Where is the future in that? Craig Brown did the opposite and gave several kids a chance and finished up winning 3-1. Says it all really.

How would you have changed things? The defence was inexperienced and Aberdeen were starting to create alot more going forward. He puts on Dickoh then Towell moves to right back and Aluko suddenly see's alot less of the ball and we look a bit more composed back there.

I'd say until Wotherspoon doesn't track his runner and Stephens thinks he's Sauzee that change helped us at the back. All about opinons tho eh.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM
How would you have changed things? The defence was inexperienced and Aberdeen were starting to create alot more going forward. He puts on Dickoh then Towell moves to right back and Aluko suddenly see's alot less of the ball and we look a bit more composed back there.

I'd say until Wotherspoon doesn't track his runner and Stephens thinks he's Sauzee that change helped us at the back. All about opinons tho eh.

Perhaps a formation that would have tried to win the game rather that stop one of the poorest Aberdeen teams in history scoring would have been better. It didn`t work either.

Twa Cairpets
14-05-2011, 06:44 PM

Ahh, the old selective memory kicking in again.

Not a chance that this is anywhere near the worst. Its not anywhere near the best either, but before the knee jerks start to hurt too much just think back to Blobby, Miller, Mixu, Duff Jimmy.

Twa Cairpets
14-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Perhaps a formation that would have tried to win the game rather that stop one of the poorest Aberdeen teams in history scoring would have been better. It didn`t work either.

so hitting the woodwork twice, missing three sitters, starting with three very attacking players on the pitch isnt positive enough then.

Total rubbish.

Removed
14-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Not a chance that this is anywhere near the worst. Its not anywhere near the best either, but before the knee jerks start to hurt too much just think back to Blobby, Miller, Mixu, Duff Jimmy.

:agree: but as we are all of different ages on here some are lucky enough not to have witnessed those dark days and this might actually be the worst for them :dunno: but Bobo has no excuse. Worst in 40+ years........no chance

LeithBoozy
14-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I thought as soon as Dickoh came on we looked in complete disarray. Brown the wily old fox had his front men chasing down every pass-back, as our goalie needs a touch or more before he can clear it. And another idiot of a ref, how the No 11 of the Dons stayed on I will never know. A game we should have won easily,thank god this season is over. :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 06:53 PM
so hitting the woodwork twice, missing three sitters, starting with three very attacking players on the pitch isnt positive enough then.

Total rubbish.

One of the three attacking players was subbed for a centre half :confused:

ancient hibee
14-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Next season we have to start with a reliable goalie(not Brown who only catches one cross ball every 10 games)and concentrate on defence.This season's stats don't lie.We gave away all 3 goals today-a needless corner because Brown didn't let Hanlon know what was going on behind him followed by an unopposed header in the box-Wotherspoon day dreaming as he seems to do for most of the game(a talent slowly going down the drain)leaving a 2 on 1-and Stephens trying a slow motion dribble(and Aberdeen are so inept they nearly mucked it up).I don't think you can blame the manager-these are the players he has and some of them appear unable to learn.

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Agreed, we wasted too many opportunities.

Bobo
14-05-2011, 10:13 PM

There were players in every one of those squads who would look like super stars in comparison to the dross we've witnessed this season.

Williamson, Duffy and Mixu certainly failed miserably but Miller put together a more than decent squad and won a trophy. If you honestly think the Miller team was poor then your memory is even more selective than mine. :wink:

IMO todays' mob have a lot to do to come anywhere close to being average players.

BSEJVT
15-05-2011, 08:34 AM

I think we are terrible

I dont necessarily agree we are the worst ever but we are close.

Take Duffys team

Oli
Miller
Dennis
Hughes
Lovering
Harper
McGinlay
Charnley
Rougier
Lavety
Crawford

How many of them do you think would improve the current team.

6 minimum?

hibbie02
15-05-2011, 09:00 AM
There were players in every one of those squads who would look like super stars in comparison to the dross we've witnessed this season.

Williamson, Duffy and Mixu certainly failed miserably but Miller put together a more than decent squad and won a trophy. If you honestly think the Miller team was poor then your memory is even more selective than mine. :wink:

IMO todays' mob have a lot to do to come anywhere close to being average players.

I hate to agree but you can't put Miller in the same category of those 3. I never, ever thought I would ever, ever defend Alex Miller...... Doctor!!! :taxi

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 09:03 AM

You forgot Jocky the Janny's wee spell. Blackley and Stanton's (two hero's of my childhood) reigns werent great shakes either. And lets not mention Tommy Craigs time either.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Given the length of time Miller was at ER he built more than one squad and there were some decent sides with decent players. There was also some turgid pash though Bobo but that needs to be taken within the perspective of the times he guided the club through. And this was before, or at the early stages, of television money having the impact that we see today.

I have quite a high regard for Miller, who didnt get relegated but was, at times, mind numbingly negative in achieving this, but I cant envisage another manager getting that length of time again.

Bobo
15-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Given the length of time Miller was at ER he built more than one squad and there were some decent sides with decent players. There was also some turgid pash though Bobo but that needs to be taken within the perspective of the times he guided the club through. And this was before, or at the early stages, of television money having the impact that we see today.

I have quite a high regard for Miller, who didnt get relegated but was, at times, mind numbingly negative in achieving this, but I cant envisage another manager getting that length of time again.

Yeh, Miller gets a hard time from some quarters on here for the negative or resolute tactics his sides showed in some games. The team this season could have done with the resolve and backbone that many of Miller's teams had.

With players of the likes of Wright, Jackson, O'Neil, McAllister, McGinlay etc, we were certainly not negative in our approach in many games. Every one of the players mentioned are in a different league to those we've had to suffer over the past 3 seasons. :rolleyes:

Hamish
15-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Correct. There was a guy behind me telling his pals that Duff Jimmy's team was better than the current lot.:bitchy:
As I have high blood pressure I bit my tongue.
I thought in patches we played reasonably well. But we desperately need a leader and organiser. Unfortunately not too many of them going about in the price range the manager will have to shop in.

Dinkydoo
15-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Every year we seem to have 'the worst team in our history'. :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
15-05-2011, 03:06 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

IFONLY
15-05-2011, 03:56 PM

I find it quite annoying when there is talk of this being the worst team ever and people then comparing it to teams run by Williamson Duffy an Miller,the first two I agree with but Miller won us a trophy with a very poor squad, IMHO it was his tactical awareness that got us there. Our last two managers never got near to winning a cup and I dont think the present one has the ability to get us anywhere near one.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 04:26 PM
QUOTE=IFONLY;2803163]I find it quite annoying when there is talk of this being the worst team ever and people then comparing it to teams run by Williamson Duffy an Miller,the first two I agree with but Miller won us a trophy with a very poor squad, IMHO it was his tactical awareness that got us there. Our last two managers never got near to winning a cup and I dont think the present one has the ability to get us anywhere near one.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a reasonable team and most of that team would walk into this one.

The team that lost to Rangers two years later was even better. IMO of course.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:44 PM
The worrying thing is that we have Stevenson and Sodje returning next season, are trying to persuade Miller, Riordan, Dickoh and Towell to come back and might even have the delight of Vaz Te. It's going to take more change than Hibs seem to be capable of making to make us into any sort of SPL team.

Utter, utter *****.

Let's hope these players are not happy with what is offered and move on to pastures new

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:48 PM

The diamond formation we adopted is appalling.... It has not worked for us at all....

I thought as soon as Dickoh came on we looked in complete disarray. Brown the wily old fox had his front men chasing down every pass-back, as our goalie needs a touch or more before he can clear it. And another idiot of a ref, how the No 11 of the Dons stayed on I will never know. A game we should have won easily,thank god this season is over. :rolleyes:

Agreed, is Dickoh another bombscare?

The Gorf
16-05-2011, 12:37 PM

I was a bit disappointed that CC didn't try playing Stanton or Brownlie!!! They were there. I am sure someone would have given them a strip and a pair of boots. But there again they probably brought their own anyway 'cause they've seen our current squad.

Speedway
16-05-2011, 12:57 PM

Utter, utter *****.

No it's not.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2011, 01:27 PM
This lot are terrible, we might be renaming millers time as the halcyon years soon.

cabbageandribs1875
16-05-2011, 04:28 PM

lets hope dunfy dont strengthen too much for the next season :agree:

p.s. without doubt THEE worst pool of players i've ever saw in my own 40+years of watching as well :agree: