PDA

View Full Version : 8 players - thanks

dp00
14-05-2011, 03:56 PM
8 players stayed to say thanks for our support.... The rest dissapeared down the tunnel, hopefully never to return

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 03:58 PM
8 players stayed to say thanks for our support.... The rest dissapeared down the tunnel, hopefully never to return

Deek???

SteveHFC
14-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Deek???

Deek went straight up the tunnel after being subbed.

SRHibs
14-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Who were the 8 players?

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 04:12 PM

That is disgraceful:bitchy: Who were the 8 players?

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Absolute disgrace!! The players that stayed were Spoony, Palsson, Hanlon, Scott, Towell, Stevenson and i cant think who else...too pissed off! The rest can all GTF

ozzie
14-05-2011, 04:16 PM
sodjie stayed on

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Absolute disgrace!! The players that stayed were Spoony, Palsson, Hanlon, Scott, Towell, Stevenson and i cant think who else...too pissed off! The rest can all GTF

The ones who didn't can just **** off, that is shocking.

hibbybrian
14-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Mark Brown stayed on

Broken Gnome
14-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Handling did too. Then ended up taking the water bottles down the tunnel, which was quite funny for a first team SPL player.

I hope most of them avoided out of embarrassment. Sadly, it looked all very shambolic, disorganised and disrespectful.

3pm
14-05-2011, 04:31 PM
The young lad stayed on as well.

Where was Calderwood?

stevie-bee
14-05-2011, 04:43 PM
the manager off and all his back room staff aswell absolute disgrace.

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 04:48 PM
the manager off and all his back room staff aswell absolute disgrace.

I noticed that as well - hopefully he kept walking right oot the door into a waiting taxi along with Petrie. That way they could split the cost.

Utterly inept.

hibsbollah
14-05-2011, 04:49 PM
ive never heard of that at ER on the final day. really poor.

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Can't help thinking this is one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situations.

Had they stayed on, en masse, the board would have had a thread complaining "how dare they? Brass necks... etc etc.".

RickyS
14-05-2011, 04:58 PM
surely on the last day, the lap of honour/walk of shame should be an organised thing? should the club not order the players to do it wether they are comfortable about it or not!
really poor show, shows them up for what they are, "Thieves" who don't give a *******!

oldbiker
14-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Abslutely shocking treatment from the players and management team except the 8 who stayed.

Like a lot of hibbees I stayed in spite of the totally inept and unmotivated performance on the pitch and not to have them come and appalud the crowd is dis
gusting.

The pleayers can removed off somewhere and take Calderwood with them.

:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi one way fares

Beefster
14-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Can't help thinking this is one of those "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situations.

Had they stayed on, en masse, the board would have had a thread complaining "how dare they? Brass necks... etc etc.".

Everyone who didn't want to see the players say thanks to the fans would have been long gone so I don't think that there is any justification for it, tbh.

Sadly, there is nothing that shower of useless ***** could (or couldn't) do that would surprise me any more.

Jones28
14-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Miller went
Backroom staff went
:rolleyes:

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I think it is right.

They were crap today. They have been crap all season. They do not deserve any praise and they know that themselves!

They are totally and utterly rubbish.

Even at £10 for me and £5 for my son I feel i deserve a refund

on a seperate note, I was in the singing section in the east. That is a total embarrassment! A load of specky, acne faced adolescents singing ridiculous songs. A couple tried to start the mercer song on today of all days - classless twats

The singing section/ 12th man is a total farce! a bunch of kids being orchastrated by a few middle aged losers with flags in bags. It is so false. It is pathetic.

When i go to a game i sing because i feel like it. I want to motivate the team. I feel a real inner passion.

These numpties were singing terrible songs for the sake of it. One song particularly annoyed me. it went

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

I have never wanted to punch a fellow hibby so much in my life! A total embarrassment to the terracing!

Twiglet
14-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Divis stayed.

Scott gave his training trousers (but not his shorts) and his boots to some kids in the west.

Scott Smith, I think it was (blonde guy), hung around the dug out for a few minutes, seemingly unsure as to what to do. He then went down the tunnel. I think he wanted to go on, but he had no-one there to encourage him on to take a lap.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I think it is right.

They were crap today. They have been crap all season. They do not deserve any praise and they know that themselves!

on a seperate note, I was in the singing section in the east. That is a total embarrassment! A load of specky, acne faced adolescents singing ridiculous songs. A couple tried to start the mercer song on today of all days - classless twats

The singing section/ 12th man is a total farce! a bunch of kids being orchastrated by a few middle aged losers with flags in bags. It is so false. It is pathetic.

When i go to a game i sing because i feel like it. I want to motivate the team. I feel a real inner passion.

These numpties were singing terrible songs for the sake of it. One song particularly annoyed me. it went

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

I have never wanted to punch a fellow hibby so much in my life! A total embarrassment to the terracing!

The rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" was the ultimate in embarrassment. There again, the whole game was an embarrassment.

Kevvy1875
14-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

You call them classless twats but want to punch them in the face?

Perhaps they are young and need to grow up with some of their songs but IMO they have good intentions towards Hibs and are hardly deserving of the tirade you just aimed at them.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 05:37 PM
The rendition of "Sunshine on Leith" was the ultimate in embarrassment. There again, the whole game was an embarrassment.

wasn't at the game, just out of interest how?

Kevvy1875
14-05-2011, 05:39 PM

wasn't at the game, just out of interest how?

I was at the game but didn't notice....also....how?

Houchy
14-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

Your last line's gash... It doesn't even rhyme:greengrin:wink:

Frogga
14-05-2011, 05:49 PM

I think that's a very harsh assessment of a group of people who have spent the time and effort to try to make things better for their club and its supporters.

Fair play their songs aren't always to everyone's taste but would you rather we went back to the days when the only noise we hear is the street-sweeper humming behind the stands 10mins into every game?

Calderwood himself said in his programme notes that the 12th Man singing section has been a great new part of the club this season. I'm not part of the 12th Man myself but I think it's a credit to the club.

The Harp
14-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

Seeems to me like you're being very unfair. These guys in the singing section have been creating a bit of atmosphere in a season that's been dire. Remember they aren't the 12th man - we ALL are!
If you got so worked up that you wanted to punch someone, shouldn't you have just moved to another seat - there was plenty to choose from.

woody47
14-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

Who the h£ll do you think you are wanting to go punching anyone?

The singing section might have a few problem songs but in the most have kept going throughout this pathetic season.

As a matter of interest how many games did you attend this year to be able to generalise about an area that has been trying to get a bit of atmosphere in an otherwise morgue?

matty_f
14-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Abslutely shocking treatment from the players and management team except the 8 who stayed.

Like a lot of hibbees I stayed in spite of the totally inept and unmotivated performance on the pitch and not to have them come and appalud the crowd is dis
gusting.

The pleayers can removed off somewhere and take Calderwood with them.

:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi one way fares

I thought I heard on the tannoy that the players would be back out after the game. The stewards thought that they were due to come back out as well, however by the time it came round to do it, there was nobody bar a handful of people left for them to come out to!

I'm sure the announcer said at least three times to stick around afterwards so that the players could show their appreciation to the support. I don't think the intention was ever just to linger on the pitch and do it.

Think it's a bit harsh slamming the players and staff, not much they could do if nobody stuck around to see them.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I thought I heard on the tannoy that the players would be back out after the game. The stewards thought that they were due to come back out as well, however by the time it came round to do it, there was nobody bar a handful of people left for them to come out to!

I'm sure the announcer said at least three times to stick around afterwards so that the players could show their appreciation to the support. I don't think the intention was ever just to linger on the pitch and do it.

Think it's a bit harsh slamming the players and staff, not much they could do if nobody stuck around to see them.

That's fair enough then, just find it a bit weird that some players went to the fans straight after the game whereas some waited for a bit?:confused:

3pm
14-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Hanlon stood in the middle of the pitch and tried to organise it?

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Just shows they don't care, they can GTF, I didn't bother clapping them off. Only when Palsson and Sodje came up to the east by there selves I clapped for them. The new signings and Booth, Hanlon, Stacky, Brown are the only ones deserving it imo. If they can't be bothered to put an effort in why should we.
What ever players left early can gtf for all I care :taxi

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2011, 06:13 PM

When was that announcement Matty I didn't hear that. 3 times and I missed it normally I reserve that for the missus :greengrin

Winston Ingram
14-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Deeks fairly chatty tonight on Twitter

derek_riordan83 Derek Riordan
@
@PaulTC85 Fair few of the boys were embarassed to stay behind because of how badly this season has went. Cheers mate.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 06:14 PM
When was that announcement Matty I didn't hear that. 3 times and I missed it normally I reserve that for the missus :greengrin
Before the match and I'm sure either side of the ten second challenge.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2011, 06:16 PM
That's fair enough then, just find it a bit weird that some players went to the fans straight after the game whereas some waited for a bit?:confused:

Understandably sheepish (no pun intended) after the collapse. It was a bit of will they/wont they from the fans and a bit of should we should we not from them I felt.

scottp1875
14-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

just a bit much dont you think

whatever they look like, i give them a lot of credit for keeping some kind of atmosphere going. if it hadnt been for the singing section the last few weeks would have been played in front of complete silence

p.s theres nothing wrong the i"i believe that hibs will win song" IMO

Twa Cairpets
14-05-2011, 06:36 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

So.

Lets analyse this.

You appear to hate the team and hate the fans that support it.

You begrudge giving Hibs money and you have an overwhelming desire to commit acts of violence towards Hibbies.

Hmmm.

Tricla
14-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

Classy post. :bye:

Gala Foxes
14-05-2011, 06:57 PM
performance this afternoon was dire - clear that massive changes and a better attitude are required

the very suggestion that the players should do any form of lap of honour / thanks /appreciation is questionable - a sharp exit was the most honourable thing for all concerned

leither17
14-05-2011, 07:07 PM
i think i remember about 3 seasons ago hogg jumped up to the east to have words with a guy after a game was that a last game of the season or just after a bad performance

ForrieGreen
14-05-2011, 07:11 PM
credit to pallson he stayed behind and applauded the fans which i thought was great, but after Aberdeen's second goal he didnt have many fans to applaud because they all scattered out the door and just gave up on the team. Why leave anything could still happen and frankly its quite pathetic

ForrieGreen
14-05-2011, 07:25 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

you're out of order there and i take it you would prefer it to be a prawn sanny bridgade, i think instead of coming to ER you should get a library membership so you dont have to put up with us "specky, acne faced kids" that are ruining your life and disturbing your peaceful day out.

seanraff07
14-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

Tell you what mate why don't YOU make an effort to start songs, why don't YOU make a list of songs for us to sing at the games, and put forward your ideas of how you would like our support to sound... would you like to listen to the sound of people munching on prawn sandwiches and the rustling of sweetie papers?

Cause let's face it that would be about all you'd hear at ER if it weren't for the Singing Section. If you don't like what we sing then sit elsewhere or actually consider one of the suggestions I stated above. It's normally the same people who complain about ER being as quiet as a library who then come on and complain about every thing the Singing Section try to do.

Punching a Hibby for backing the team and singing songs? I think most fellow Hibbys would want to punch you after reading that statement. I understand the Singing Section isn't the finished article but things are still in progress and I believe next season will be a lot more successful and we'll have a decent group up there consistently going to the games and joining in with songs.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Everyone who didn't want to see the players say thanks to the fans would have been long gone so I don't think that there is any justification for it, tbh.

Sadly, there is nothing that shower of useless ***** could (or couldn't) do that would surprise me any more.

I stood aghast that the impostors could clap the support, finishing 10this totally unacceptable.....

DarlingtonHibee
14-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Just back to Darlo, along with a few other Hibees - some Hibees on the train not back to Bham until 11 - 12pm.

Make your mind up as to how we feel... :confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I left on 89 minutes, i couldnt help it i punched myself 4 times on the head. 1 for making the effort, 2 for daring to leave early, 3 for singing SOL, and 4 for being sober all the way through that pish.

Removed
14-05-2011, 08:00 PM
I left as soon as the 3rd went in. Was the only laugh Sleeping Giant got all day :wink:

My missus was shocked when we were home by 20 past 5!!!

Kaiser1962
14-05-2011, 08:34 PM

He did.

hibsmum
14-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Just been dropped off by taxi, driver told us he had earlier dropped off the manager and Riordan in George street!

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Just been dropped off by taxi, driver told us he had earlier dropped off the manager and Riordan in George street!

Good grief!!! Not George Street????

Nameless
14-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Do Hibs sell prawn sarnies?? Anywho, why prawn sarnies, why not a nice fried egg sarnie...God give me strength!!

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Tell you what mate why don't YOU make an effort to start songs, why don't YOU make a list of songs for us to sing at the games, and put forward your ideas of how you would like our support to sound... would you like to listen to the sound of people munching on prawn sandwiches and the rustling of sweetie papers?

Cause let's face it that would be about all you'd hear at ER if it weren't for the Singing Section. If you don't like what we sing then sit elsewhere or actually consider one of the suggestions I stated above. It's normally the same people who complain about ER being as quiet as a library who then come on and complain about every thing the Singing Section try to do.

Punching a Hibby for backing the team and singing songs? I think most fellow Hibbys would want to punch you after reading that statement. I understand the Singing Section isn't the finished article but things are still in progress and I believe next season will be a lot more successful and we'll have a decent group up there consistently going to the games and joining in with songs.

GGTTH

I do sing songs. I start the songs. I am a very vocal supporter. I just do not agree with the choreographed flag waving. I do not agree with the continuous singing of **** songs. There is no passion there. There is no feeling there. It is a bunch of boys and pathetic old men who think they are better hibbies if the sing continuously.

In the old hibs terracing, they would have been laughed at. chants of 'solo, solo' would be heard. Today it was tolerated that one man would sing verse after verse of the wallace mercer song. ****ing ridiculous. On a day of respect for a legend that had passed away, the singing section (12th man) were singing and rejoicing about a mans death. I was embarrassed.

I have been going to easter road for 32 years. 9 times out of 10 i'll go to the east. The fake atmosphere now is pathetic. It's a bunch of specky wee twats with no feeling or passion singing songs they have made up when they should have been in school!

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will
I believe that hibs will win

Is absolute tosh. A total and utter embarrasment to all things hibs! The baldy 40 odd year old englishman that was singing it (with the support of his pre pubescent army) made me cringe. I walked out feeling dead inside. The team and the support were pathetic!

Hibby D
14-05-2011, 10:44 PM
....absolute tosh. A total and utter embarrasment to all things hibs! The baldy 40 odd year old englishman .........made me cringe. I walked out feeling dead inside. The team and the support were pathetic!

Are you for real? :confused:

matty_f
14-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I do sing songs. I start the songs. I am a very vocal supporter. I just do not agree with the choreographed flag waving. I do not agree with the continuous singing of **** songs. There is no passion there. There is no feeling there. It is a bunch of boys and pathetic old men who think they are better hibbies if the sing continuously.

In the old hibs terracing, they would have been laughed at. chants of 'solo, solo' would be heard. Today it was tolerated that one man would sing verse after verse of the wallace mercer song. ****ing ridiculous. On a day of respect for a legend that had passed away, the singing section (12th man) were singing and rejoicing about a mans death. I was embarrassed.

I have been going to easter road for 32 years. 9 times out of 10 i'll go to the east. The fake atmosphere now is pathetic. It's a bunch of specky wee twats with no feeling or passion singing songs they have made up when they should have been in school!

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

Is absolute tosh. A total and utter embarrasment to all things hibs! The baldy 40 odd year old englishman that was singing it (with the support of his pre pubescent army) made me cringe. I walked out feeling dead inside. The team and the support were pathetic!

I can see where you're coming from, but I think it's worth noting that this is the 12th Man's first season, and the first season that the singing section has been active.

For me, it just becomes noise after a while - not atmosphere. Atmosphere is something different. it comes from the whole ground and drives the team on.

How do you cultivate a good atmosphere? I don't know, but I would think much depends on the players and what's happening on the pitch. Take the St Mirren game in February as an example. The atmosphere that night was brilliant, a real and naturally occurring atmosphere that played a big part in securing us the win that night. I don't think that the singing section had much to do with creating the atmosphere that night, though they played a role in keeping it going.

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 11:01 PM
I can see where you're coming from, but I think it's worth noting that this is the 12th Man's first season, and the first season that the singing section has been active.

For me, it just becomes noise after a while - not atmosphere. Atmosphere is something different. it comes from the whole ground and drives the team on.

How do you cultivate a good atmosphere? I don't know, but I would think much depends on the players and what's happening on the pitch. Take the St Mirren game in February as an example. The atmosphere that night was brilliant, a real and naturally occurring atmosphere that played a big part in securing us the win that night. I don't think that the singing section had much to do with creating the atmosphere that night, though they played a role in keeping it going.

Matty, I think a good atmosphere comes from the players and the staff. If there is a good team on the park the fans turn up and support. It's basic but it's true. A decent, hard working and reasonably successful team will get the fans out in force.
I went to school (porty) wi you and know that you are a decent hibby that doesn't need a song sheet or need anyone to tell you what to do and when.

The reason i got so pissed off today was I went to the game with 3 mates who i went to games with every week when i was younger. Everyone of us were taken aback by the fake atmosphere. It is not real at all and it is pathetic in comparison with the old terracing. Not only did my maes walk out today thinking that things had irrevocably changed for the worse, my son left with a sense of apathy which hurt me more!

RickyS
14-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Matty, I think a good atmosphere comes from the players and the staff. If there is a good team on the park the fans turn up and support. It's basic but it's true. A decent, hard working and reasonably successful team will get the fans out in force.
I went to school (porty) wi you and know that you are a decent hibby that doesn't need a song sheet or need anyone to tell you what to do and when.

The reason i got so pissed off today was I went to the game with 3 mates who i went to games with every week when i was younger. Everyone of us were taken aback by the fake atmosphere. It is not real at all and it is pathetic in comparison with the old terracing. Not only did my maes walk out today thinking that things had irrevocably changed for the worse, my son left with a sense of apathy which hurt me more!

my two boys are 7&9 and decided they would rather watch Man City v Stoke cos "they will get beat anyway" what could i say? and when i got home what did they say......"told you"

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 11:40 PM
So.

Lets analyse this.

You appear to hate the team and hate the fans that support it.

You begrudge giving Hibs money and you have an overwhelming desire to commit acts of violence towards Hibbies.

Hmmm.

I love hibs and have followed them for 32 years. I made a special effort to buy tickets for three others who would not have normally attended this game.

If it was overwhelming I would have done it!

Your analytical skills lacking. A bit like the fake, pathetic noise that passes for atmosphere in the singing section!

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote the whole post if you are going to question me. Otherwise it looks as if you are twisting my words!:wink:

madabouthibs
14-05-2011, 11:50 PM
:confused: Reading some of the pish in here, I can't understand why some people go to games to be honest!
If one wants to sing, then learn the witty and cheesy tunes, or even make up your own for all to share, and go sit in the singing section.
If all you want to do is sit and watch the game, then fine, go sit in the prawn buffet section. :greengrin

I love the singing section, sometimes I'm there or thereabouts, other times I sit elsewhere (oh dear, not a ST holder then?? :rolleyes: ), but either way I'm there to support Hibs, not analyse and critisise the supporters that give the place a wee bit of atmosphere! :not worth :flag:

gf77
14-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Divis stayed.

Scott gave his training trousers (but not his shorts) and his boots to some kids in the west.

Divis gave his shirt to a wee fan also, nice touch :agree:

ForrieGreen
15-05-2011, 12:08 AM
:confused: Reading some of the pish in here, I can't understand why some people go to games to be honest!
If one wants to sing, then learn the witty and cheesy tunes, or even make up your own for all to share, and go sit in the singing section.
If all you want to do is sit and watch the game, then fine, go sit in the prawn buffet section. :greengrin

I love the singing section, sometimes I'm there or thereabouts, other times I sit elsewhere (oh dear, not a ST holder then?? :rolleyes: ), but either way I'm there to support Hibs, not analyse and critisise the supporters that give the place a wee bit of atmosphere! :not worth :flag:

well said mate

ForrieGreen
15-05-2011, 12:25 AM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

2 words SHUT UP.
your not doing yourself any favours so just think again before you come on and start complaining about everyone who makes an effort.

Saorsa
15-05-2011, 12:33 AM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

I have never wanted to punch a fellow hibby so much in my life! A total embarrassment to the terracing!sorry but, :hilarious :thumbsup:

Springbank
15-05-2011, 01:27 AM
if this was all we had to worry about, we'd be doing well.

the 12th man is not the problem at ER.

i can understand the criticism but, on the whole, they are making a welcome positive contribution.

at least we dont have a brass band (yet) unlike Ibrox and Wembley (thank the good lord)

Steve-O
15-05-2011, 02:02 AM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

:faf:

Your posts are making me laugh :greengrin

To be fair, that song you quote does sound pish! :agree:

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Divis gave his shirt to a wee fan also, nice touch :agree:

see no one on here mentioned that, only the bad things our players do seem to get noted.

Rossco1875
15-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

would you rather everyone sat down arms crossed ?

the 12th man has been brilliant in its debut season and there is a bit of work still needed in perfecting it to your standards but we will get there.

Hibby D
15-05-2011, 08:26 AM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

mickki40
15-05-2011, 09:08 AM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

As I have always said in the past... the singing section will always have it's critics. However if you wish to start the singing and bring in new songs to the stands feel free. Derry Thomson got the Eddie Turnbull flag made because he could be bothered to do something about it. He did not post on a forum whinging about about it, he actually did something about it. He made it happen. So the challenge for you is to get into the east stand every game next season and start the singing that people will follow. I have so far asked 24 people who were in the east stand if they heard the Mercer song today and 24 say they didn't maybe it was 1 person next to you. I am that stout baldy Englishman ( fat ???? surely not) amd I do not lead any army. The people in section 43 singing section are quite capable of leading the singing themselves. I do suspect though that you are not a regular attender in sec 43 this season due to your lack of knowledge of songs that have been sung for at least the last 10-15 games. I am sure you would have criticised in earlier posts the " I believe" tune. That song has now been going ages in the east. Like I said, Make the difference and be a part of it all. As for middle aged men with flags, I as a hibs fan and supporter, appreciate the efforts of all those who brought the flags onto the terraces and made more colour than what we have seen since green day. The Guys such as Jamie from the bounce Mikey.net Gogs Derry Thomson Put a lot of effort in aquiring flags and displaying them throughout the season. To you guys I salute you. Like I said" Make the difference" Get involved and affect change if you are not happy with what goes on" It's supporters that make the difference. GGTTH

mickki40
15-05-2011, 09:10 AM
if this was all we had to worry about, we'd be doing well.

the 12th man is not the problem at ER.

i can understand the criticism but, on the whole, they are making a welcome positive contribution.

at least we dont have a brass band (yet) unlike Ibrox and Wembley (thank the good lord)

Damn That scuppered my next suggestion to the club.

mickki40
15-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I stood aghast that the impostors could clap the support, finishing 10this totally unacceptable.....

Absolutley:thumbsup:

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 09:25 AM
As I have always said in the past... the singing section will always have it's critics. However if you wish to start the singing and bring in new songs to the stands feel free. Derry Thomson got the Eddie Turnbull flag made because he could be bothered to do something about it. He did not post on a forum whinging about about it, he actually did something about it. He made it happen. So the challenge for you is to get into the east stand every game next season and start the singing that people will follow. I have so far asked 24 people who were in the east stand if they heard the Mercer song today and 24 say they didn't maybe it was 1 person next to you. I am that stout baldy Englishman ( fat ???? surely not) amd I do not lead any army. The people in section 43 singing section are quite capable of leading the singing themselves. I do suspect though that you are not a regular attender in sec 43 this season due to your lack of knowledge of songs that have been sung for at least the last 10-15 games. I am sure you would have criticised in earlier posts the " I believe" tune. That song has now been going ages in the east. Like I said, Make the difference and be a part of it all. As for middle aged men with flags, I as a hibs fan and supporter, appreciate the efforts of all those who brought the flags onto the terraces and made more colour than what we have seen since green day. The Guys such as Jamie from the bounce Mikey.net Gogs Derry Thomson Put a lot of effort in aquiring flags and displaying them throughout the season. To you guys I salute you. Like I said" Make the difference" Get involved and affect change if you are not happy with what goes on" It's supporters that make the difference. GGTTH

Fair enough. I have perhaps been a little disrespectful in my comments. Perhaps I over reacted to a poor performance. I agree that something needed to be done as the atmosphere in the east was deteriorating. I apologise for getting personal to those involved.
I do stand by a few things tho. It is too choreographed.The songs are relentless and repetitive. Perhaps if there was a bit of space between songs more people would join in? At one point (10 mins after the goal) there were 4 different songs being sung in the section i was sitting in. I'm all for fans being enthusiastic but it seems one teenager is trying to out-do another a few seats away!!

The 'I believe song' must stop and never ever be sung at easter road again. Everything about it is ridiculous and cringe worthy.

Hibby D
15-05-2011, 09:38 AM

At the end of what can only be described as the worst season in over a decade the singing section has just about been the highlight of most home games for me.

No it's not perfect, and yes some of the songs sung haven't been the best, but I'll take that any day over the tumbleweed atmosphere of seasons past.

On days like yesterday, nothing short of a miracle would have lifted the atmosphere once Aberdeen went in front. Section 43 tried and didn't stop trying even when they themselves could probably have done with sitting down like the rest of us with their heads in their hands wondering where it all went wrong; or indeed walking out after their 3rd like a large chunk of the Hibs support chose to do (as was their right). But the singing section didn't. They (mostly) stayed on to the end to do what they set out to do and for me they get nothing but praise.

No way do they deserve the level of criticism (and personal abuse) thrown at them by sixtwo.

From this Hibs fan, albeit a fairly fed up one, you guys have my thanks and continued encouragement.

Haste ye back next season :aok:

ArabHibee
15-05-2011, 09:39 AM
i think i remember about 3 seasons ago hogg jumped up to the east to have words with a guy after a game was that a last game of the season or just after a bad performance

Just a bad performance.

:agree: There should have been no 'lap of honour' yesterday. They should have just gone down the tunnel after the game ended.

scoopyboy
15-05-2011, 09:40 AM

Did you think Hibs were bad in the first half?

Out of curiosity I am asking cos I thought they were ok.

ArabHibee
15-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Good post Matty, especially the bit in bold. Sixtwo makes some valid points. I know the Singing Section are trying their best but if the product on the park is ****, then how do you get fans to join in? I think that's when it gets tedious and sounds manufactured. Obviously the singing sounds louder if you are sitting near them in the East but because they are still only a small section, you can't really hear what they are singing from where I sit.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2011, 09:48 AM

As did i and quite a few others it would seem.

mickki40
15-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Fair enough. I have perhaps been a little disrespectful in my comments. Perhaps I over reacted to a poor performance. I agree that something needed to be done as the atmosphere in the east was deteriorating. I apologise for getting personal to those involved.
I do stand by a few things tho. It is too choreographed.The songs are relentless and repetitive. Perhaps if there was a bit of space between songs more people would join in? At one point (10 mins after the goal) there were 4 different songs being sung in the section i was sitting in. I'm all for fans being enthusiastic but it seems one teenager is trying to out-do another a few seats away!!

The 'I believe song' must stop and never ever be sung at easter road again. Everything about it is ridiculous and cringe worthy.

You see that wasn't so bad eh!!!! That's called constructive criticism. Thats the best type to give, because people usually act upon it in an organised way. We asked the club for a mega phone to be used to ensure there are not different songs being sung in the same section. The club will not allow this. Next season A capo has been suggested for the Singing section to lead the singing in a more co-ordinated way. The Mercer song has practically died away this season. A list of songs will be taken to games so there are not too much repeating of the same stuff. What Hibs needs is a tune to sing between songs. Like the type Poznan have. That keeps songs going for ages with a tune in between. E.G. A tune, 3 hibs songs then revert back to tune for 3 mins then back to another 3 hibs songs. Rome was not built in a day. That was the end of a very difficult season for Hibs supporters. I could have walked out numerous times but never did. I could have criticised the singing section but never did. I will defend it more than most I suppose because I see what goes on in the background a bit more than most. There are people working behind scenes for next season already, pre season is eagerly awaited by Us all, Go on you know you wanna be up there at the top of 43 singing yer head off like everyone else, Make the difference. GGTTH

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 10:02 AM
You see that wasn't so bad eh!!!! That's called constructive criticism. Thats the best type to give, because people usually act upon it in an organised way. We asked the club for a mega phone to be used to ensure there are not different songs being sung in the same section. The club will not allow this. Next season A capo has been suggested for the Singing section to lead the singing in a more co-ordinated way. The Mercer song has practically died away this season. A list of songs will be taken to games so there are not too much repeating of the same stuff. What Hibs needs is a tune to sing between songs. Like the type Poznan have. That keeps songs going for ages with a tune in between. E.G. A tune, 3 hibs songs then revert back to tune for 3 mins then back to another 3 hibs songs. Rome was not built in a day. That was the end of a very difficult season for Hibs supporters. I could have walked out numerous times but never did. I could have criticised the singing section but never did. I will defend it more than most I suppose because I see what goes on in the background a bit more than most. There are people working behind scenes for next season already, pre season is eagerly awaited by Us all, Go on you know you wanna be up there at the top of 43 singing yer head off like everyone else, Make the difference. GGTTH

I'll be there.......only if you promise to never, ever sing that ridiculous song again!:greengrin

At The Edge
15-05-2011, 10:19 AM

i thought in the first half was the best i'd seen Hibs play in a long time this season, some good movement, clever passing, players who showed some of the skill they have in abundance.

bar the result it was probably the most i've enjoyed a game over the last few weeks.

:cgwa

Removed
15-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I'll be there.......only if you promise to never, ever sing that ridiculous song again!:greengrin

That's why they want a capo :wink:

hibee_patty
15-05-2011, 02:31 PM
what some people are saying about the singing section are full of spotty,specky teenagers singing cringeworthy songs is bull and should take a look at yourselfs. Fair enough some of the songs could do with a bit of work and some shouldnt be sung but at the end of the day these fans are trying to generate an atmosphere not for their own good but for the team, they are SUPPORTING the team and trying to spur them on. Too many fans at ER in the past sing during old firm games or derbys but soon as it comes to other games never hear a whisper. How you expect the players to bring work rate and passion on the pitch when fans moan at mistakes and sit doing nothing. Some fans are happy to support the team when they are winning but soon as we have a bad run/season they stop. I havent been to many games this year due to funds but when i have been i have been in the singing section with my "Spotty" mates and i do join in songs and support the team. Some people in the hibs support moan about the 12th man and singing songs but ask the players how much an atmosphere means to them and the difference it makes on the pitch if you have people supporting you and urging you on gives you a spring in your step and working harder becomes much easier. Imagine being at work and getting constantly critisized for every little mistake. Anyone that knows football knows that the support are important to any player and can be the difference in a result.

Removed
15-05-2011, 02:36 PM
It's made hee haw difference for most of the season. If the club actually thought it worked then they would be bending over backwards to help the singing section. I don't get the impression that's the case though :dunno:

silverhibee
15-05-2011, 02:53 PM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

You are an idiot. :aok:

Lofarl
15-05-2011, 02:55 PM
As a member of section 43. I hereby pledge never to sing Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Ra, or the I believe chant. This only applies when we are at home and I am sober. The I believe chant may be sung due to irony when we are getting pumped 3-0 by Dunfermline however.

Both of them are bad tbh.t

silverhibee
15-05-2011, 03:00 PM

They were good first half.

Hamish
15-05-2011, 03:07 PM
First half was in patches was decent. Even second half apart from a ridiculous 10/15 minutes was ok.

As an aside Miller is so frustrating. Appears to have masses of ability but only seen in brief flashes.

Green forever
15-05-2011, 03:31 PM

It was on the tannoy about sticking around at the end of the game but when the game finished (and a fair few fans had left) there seemed to be an air of uncertainty as to what would be happening, some players hung around others left.
Would have thought an announcement over the tannoy just after the final whistle would have have helped but agree that all backroom staff and players should have at least acknowledged the crowd whether a "lap of honour" was appropriate is another question.

Iggy Pope
15-05-2011, 04:12 PM

The i believe
I believe that
I believe that hibs will

I left on the full time whistle. I would have loved you try to punch me in the face.

delthehibee
15-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Well keep out the east if u feel like that Try the south stand.

Do you sing or is that You"re problem?

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2011, 04:29 PM

When we had breakfast the other week Mick, i was going to mention you had put on a bit of timber mate, but good manners prevented me from doing so. :wink:

Twa Cairpets
15-05-2011, 04:38 PM
I love hibs and have followed them for 32 years. I made a special effort to buy tickets for three others who would not have normally attended this game.

If it was overwhelming I would have done it!

Your analytical skills lacking. A bit like the fake, pathetic noise that passes for atmosphere in the singing section!

My analystical skills arent lacking. I wasnt suggesting you're anything but a Hibby.

However, it would be fair to suggest that when you look at your initial post (and the ones that came afterwards), you have a very weird way of getting pleasure from what you tell us is a thing you love.

You seem to be deeply intolerant of anyone enjoying a game in anything other than other than the way you would deem to be "genuine".

I think the Mercer song is utterly demeaning as well, and I wish it wasn't sung, but other people trying to cajole other fans into singing other songs about Hibs is fine by me - better than sitting in a library, awaiting approval from yourself for a song that would be deemed acceptable and sufficiently heartfelt.

NAE NOOKIE
15-05-2011, 05:07 PM
I think the players were in a no win situation. Stay on and get it in the neck for daring to do a lap of honour at the end of a rubbish season. Leave at the final whistle and get it for disrespecting the fans. IMO the sooner the last season is forgotten the better.

As for the criticism of the singing section ( spotty youths, fat blokes, rubbish songs etc ) for goodness sake !

I agree that sometimes the songs are repetitive and sometimes not very good. But at least these guys are trying to bring something to the matches at ER and lets face it, we were all spotty youths at one time. Anyway Sunshine on Leith is a song that isnt very easy to sing without the music coz of the instramental breaks in it and perhaps coz of that shouldnt be attempted.

But as a slightly rotund :greengrin 50ish ex spotty youth myself all I can say is keep it up boys and girls I think most supporters if not yet at the stage of joining in at least appreciate the effort.

:cgwa

hibsbollah
15-05-2011, 05:43 PM
I think the singing section should have a vetting process to establish they are the right age/nationality/waist measurement/skin type before letting them join in. If anyone doesnt fit the eugenic profile sixtwo or a similar minded old skool fan should be allowed to punch them square in the nose.

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I think the singing section should have a vetting process to establish they are the right age/nationality/waist measurement/skin type before letting them join in. If anyone doesnt fit the eugenic profile sixtwo or a similar minded old skool fan should be allowed to punch them square in the nose.

Sounds like a plan:wink:

Removed
15-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a plan:wink:

Gramo to get a batch of oxy 10 and J&J daily disposables to hand out for starters :agree:

If someone can organise hair transplants for us middle aged baldies then I might join :wink:

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Gramo to get a batch of oxy 10 and J&J daily disposables to hand out for starters :agree:

If someone can organise hair transplants for us middle aged baldies then I might join :wink:

I'll let you off with a hat. Just remember to hold your belly in when walking to your seat:greengrin

Removed
15-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll let you off with a hat. Just remember to hold your belly in when walking to your seat:greengrin

:greengrin

Let's hope we get a black change strip for the slimming effect :tee hee:

The Sea-gull
16-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Thats 2 seasons in a row there has been no lap of "honour"/appreciation.

They never, understandably, came out to do one last season after we'd lost a late goal to lose 2-1 at in the derby.

Sometimes, unfortunately, it is just not appropriate for the players to come out if feelings are running a bit high in the support.

The last two home games of the last two seasons fall into these categories.

The Gorf
16-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I think it is right.

i believe

i believe hibs

i beleive hibs will win

I thought we were all the 12th man :confused: