PDA

View Full Version : Riordan

Liam89
14-05-2011, 02:36 PM
derek_riordan83 Derek Riordan
Last game today, lets make it a good one. GGTH!
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

If this is his real twitter account then does this mean the speculation is correct?

SRHibs
14-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Last game today, lets make it a good one. GGTH!
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

If this is his real twitter account then does this mean the speculation is correct?

Although we're all expecting him to be on his way, he could just be meaning last game of the season, as opposed to his last game for Hibs.

Liam89
14-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Although we're all expecting him to be on his way, he could just be meaning last game of the season, as opposed to his last game for Hibs.

I was thinking that. When all the rumours are leaning towards him leaving he should really make his meaning clearer! :wink:

Number69
14-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone who thinks that's Derek Riordan needs to get a grip.

moggie
14-05-2011, 05:08 PM
As Calderwood said after the game " the chances of derek staying are very very slim"

weonlywon6-2
14-05-2011, 05:11 PM
As Calderwood said after the game " the chances of derek staying are very very slim"

did bbc scotland not mention that he was possibly going to st johnstone ???

Hibs7
14-05-2011, 05:13 PM
If that is true then Hibs are finished, we can't even compete with st j for removed sake.

moggie
14-05-2011, 05:25 PM
If that is true then Hibs are finished, we can't even compete with st j for removed sake.

finished ???? should we just shut the club down now then ?

sixtwo
14-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Derek Riordan is quality. If he leaves I wish him every success. If he stays I hope he gets the quality players to work with to help him showcase his talents!

Best goalscorer i have seen in 32 years following hibs!:not worth

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 05:26 PM

I sincerely hope that's not true - for his sake and ours. What little credibility we have left would truly be shot.

Mind you, St Johnstone have signed Robertson from Dun Utd, a player who would walk into the Hibs team right now.

Winston Ingram
14-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Sounds like he's off...

Dire result, thanks for everything Hibees.

Liam89
14-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Sounds like he's off...

If him, it appears so!

At The Edge
14-05-2011, 05:56 PM

going by the text report i think its Imrie from the Buddies that could be super Js bound.

Deek i think will be a championship player next season i think.

micka_weer
14-05-2011, 05:59 PM
If him, it appears so!

Calderwood said on radio Scotland that the signs of him staying were positive

Removed
14-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Calderwood said on radio Scotland that the signs of him staying were positive

When? Not today he never

moggie
14-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Derek Riordan is quality. If he leaves I wish him every success. If he stays I hope he gets the quality players to work with to help him showcase his talents!

Best goalscorer i have seen in 32 years following hibs!:not worth

I think theres more than that needed to help him.

Aldo
14-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Nish is defo off to the Pars......

Jim44
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I hope Riordan disappears down south and doesn't come back to haunt us. I can't see him getting enough money from any club outside the Old Firm, except the Jambos. As for Miller, however.......... :rolleyes:

Removed
14-05-2011, 06:42 PM
As for Miller, however.......... :rolleyes:

:agree:

If Miller had shown the same passion when he ended up getting booked in the rest of the game, and just about every other game, he'd be the player he should be.

micka_weer
14-05-2011, 08:41 PM
When? Not today he never

Was pretty sure I heard him say, "Derek, the signs are positive that he'll be here next year"

Granted, I was shouting at the weans at the time, but pretty sure that's what he said? Maybe a case of wishful thinking, eh?

Removed
14-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Was pretty sure I heard him say, "Derek, the signs are positive that he'll be here next year"

Granted, I was shouting at the weans at the time, but pretty sure that's what he said? Maybe a case of wishful thinking, eh?

I'm 100% sure it was the exact opposite I'm afraid.

(And Hibbys have bairns, Rantic have weans :wink:)

frazeHFC
14-05-2011, 08:47 PM
A friend played golf with a neighbour of Riordan who had said Riordan would like to go to Crystal Palace who are after him.

TPAKA
14-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Anyone who thinks that's Derek Riordan needs to get a grip.

:agree: Indeed. Derek Riordan posts on no social networking sites.

Purehibee_MYB
15-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Just listened to the interview with Calderwood, and he says chances are very slim...

LeithWalkHibby
15-05-2011, 12:27 AM
A friend played golf with a neighbour of Riordan who had said Riordan would like to go to Crystal Palace who are after him.

Top tenuous

Haymaker
15-05-2011, 01:30 AM

I hope not, Palace are a ***** club in a ***** area.

I should know, I grew up in Croydon.

Springbank
15-05-2011, 01:32 AM

this is like that theory we are all just seven connections removed from everyone on the planet.

your friend
plays golf
on a golf course
with a neighbour of
Derek Riordan
who in turn has spilled the Palace beans to this golfing neighbour
and this has been read by
Springbank!

Job Done!

Leishy1995
15-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Forget the result today, we saw what might be his last ever goal for Hibs. Trust Derek to do it like that. Anyone who wants that kind of talent to leave doesn't deserve the right to manage Hibs, Calderwood isn't blind.

micka_weer
15-05-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm 100% sure it was the exact opposite I'm afraid.

(And Hibbys have bairns, Rantic have weans :wink:)

Depends where you're from bud, here in Ayrshire hibbys have weans

RoxburghHibs
15-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Depends where you're from bud, here in Ayrshire hibbys have weans

Why do west coasters call their kids weans? Is this a whine version of wee ones?

Sorry but I'll never call my kids 'weans', or allow anyone to refer to them by that term as they are too good for that.

:soapbox:

:greengrin

Back on topic: Did Riordan or any players, show any sign that they had played their last game for Hibs, at full time yesterday?

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Forget the result today, we saw what might be his last ever goal for Hibs. Trust Derek to do it like that. Anyone who wants that kind of talent to leave doesn't deserve the right to manage Hibs, Calderwood isn't blind.

How often has DR done that this season???

His wages wil be the stumbling block........

225-EasterRd
15-05-2011, 10:13 AM
OK so he has not had his best season, i feel he was due a poor one, he has also been part off a very poor team.
He is one off the best finishers in the game.
He is one off our own.:aok:
I am not a DR fan, but feel we need to keep our better players at Easter rd, you cant take away his goals tally for us.
I hope he stays for another season at least, if he has another poor season next year then that could be the time to say our good byes.:agree::flag:

The Voice Of Reason
15-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Don't take this personally, but are you on drugs ?!?!? Your post sums up the dangers of message boards.....he said exactly the opposite of what you posted !

The Headline Banner is "Hibs boss Calderwood resigned to losing Derek Riordan"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13401596.stm

In summary, it would be difficult to be more wrong than you were with your post :aok:

sixtwo
15-05-2011, 10:31 AM
It's just a hunch but I think he will be an Aberdeen or Dundee united player next season. I am aware of the fact that neither club have much money to spend, however, Deeks on a free will be too good an oportunity to turn down.

This is total speculation on my part, but here are my thoughts. I reckon he would have been on something like £4k per week at hibs. I reckon he would sign again for a similar pay packet although he would be hoping for a wee increase -and would look for a signing on fee again. Hibs board have probably looked at what they have got for their money this season and offered him less than he was on.

Although DUFC and Aberdeen are cutting costs, I reckon they will see this as a chance to get a proven goalscorer at a good price. Both teams are getting rid of a number of players which will free up wage budgets. Dufc may have more money if they get the £2m they are looking for for goodwillie

Deeks is number three on the spl all time goalscoring charts. Any spl manager who does not think about signing him is probably not doing their job properly.

SteveHFC
15-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Hibs striker Derek Riordan says poor crowds and the monotony of visiting the same grounds have convinced him to look for a new challenge. (Sunday Herald)

Dunbar Hibee
15-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Hibs striker Derek Riordan says poor crowds and the monotony of visiting the same grounds have convinced him to look for a new challenge. (Sunday Herald)

Wonder why the crowds are poor, eh Derek....

Tyler Durden
15-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Reading Riordan's comments in the papers today it seems clear he's on his way. Seems as though he's finally matured a bit and realised that staying in Scotland is only holding him back. Obviously he's turned down moves to Cardiff, Germany, Russia in the past. His comments today confirm he turned down Houston Dynamo but he doesnt seem to rule out the US now the season is over. So it appears he's finally manned up enough to broaden his horizons and move abroad.

Clearly he's had an awful season as I'm sure he'd be the first to admit. But I personally wish him all the best wherever he goes. People on here that claim he'd struggle in the Championship for example, don't have a clue IMHO. He'll score goals wherever he goes.

We can only hope that his wages are used wisely. The more I see of Calderwood the more I doubt that happening.

BEEJ
15-05-2011, 12:18 PM
This is an aspect of the proposed 10 team SPL that has been largely ignored.

The players themselves are heartily sick of the repetitive fixtures in the 12 team league. A 10 team SPL format would only make this worse.

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Wonder why the crowds are poor, eh Derek....

It's too expensive.

Dunbar Hibee
15-05-2011, 12:28 PM
It's too expensive.

Or the standard of football to watch on the pitch is ****.

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:20 PM
I hope Riordan disappears down south and doesn't come back to haunt us. I can't see him getting enough money from any club outside the Old Firm, except the Jambos. As for Miller, however.......... :rolleyes:

I hope does sign for another SPL club and comes back and bends us over and gives us one, as a club Hibernian Fc would fully deserve it

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I hope does sign for another SPL club and comes back and bends us over and gives us one, as a club Hibernian Fc would fully deserve it

Why would we deserve it?

Removed
15-05-2011, 01:22 PM

That is a bizarre point of view imo.

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:23 PM
This is an aspect of the proposed 10 team SPL that has been largely ignored.

The players themselves are heartily sick of the repetitive fixtures in the 12 team league. A 10 team SPL format would only make this worse.

I don't get that?

Do we not play each other 4 times a season just now?
Only not them all, just who is in your half of a split league.

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Why would we deserve it?

Not the fans, the club would.

Let me think now, we get told lies by the bucketload, they show absolute no ambition, our board only care about our money, or do you think the club do us proud?
CC said yesterday that Deeks might not be here next season, but he will be back in a Hibs shirt for a Third time, WTF is that all about?????
Not good enough just now, but maybe later in his career??
IMO they made a complete hash of a special occasion yesterday, no acknowledgements of players that were on the pitch, no mention of ET at Aberdeen, ffs they bring players on the pitch and do not bother to tell anyone who they were, ignorant or just plain stupid?

A complete amateur club in the whole, but only for our board to take out nearly 500k a year.

Just my opinion though and i have already got my son and i a season book for next year, sick as a sickly dug i am

Speedway
15-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Or the standard of football to watch on the pitch is ****.

And always will be whilst the crowds are poor.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Not the fans, the club would.

Let me think now, we get told lies by the bucketload, Which lies?

they show absolute no ambition, How would you define ambition?

CC said yesterday that Deeks might not be here next season, but he will be back in a Hibs shirt for a Third time, WTF is that all about????? He said he "might" be back again.

IMO they made a complete hash of a special occasion yesterday, no mention of ET at Aberdeen, Yes they did. At least twice.

A complete amateur club in the whole, but only for our board to take out nearly 500k a year. This one has been done to death many times.

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:35 PM
That is a bizarre point of view imo.

Maybe, but when you care more about taking money from people rather than looking to build a decent team, what do you expect.

No way in a million years will we bring in any quality over the summer.

Ivan Sproule:faf:

Get rid of Deeks but keep Sodje:faf: is the most bizarre piece of business i have ever seen, a backward club to say the least.
If we released Deek and he came back to haunt us, would you not say it served the board right?? Or CC whoever wants rid

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:37 PM

Which lies_ well the one where the club say Deeks was happy to wait till the end of the season to talk about his contract= Big fat lie, fact/

Ambition_ certainly not a team, sorry just about a whole squad of scottish first division players.

So they did mention aberdeen, at least twice you say, well then, tell me the all the players names they mentioned that came on the park for the tribute then??

Last point not true then?

:rudolph

Dunbar Hibee
15-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Maybe, but when you care more about taking money from people rather than looking to build a decent team, what do you expect.

Get rid of Deeks but keep Sodje:faf: is the most bizarre piece of business i have ever seen, a backward club to say the least.
If we released Deek and he came back to haunt us, would you not say it served the board right?? Or CC whoever wants rid

Nonsense.

The_Horde
15-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Have you not taken into consideration that maybe DR doesn't want to stay? The SPL is gashtastic!

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Which lies_ well the one where the club say Deeks was happy to wait till the end of the season to talk about his contract= Big fat lie, fact/

Ambition_ certainly not a team, sorry just about a whole squad of scottish first division players.

So they did mention aberdeen, at least twice you say, well then, tell me the all the players names they mentioned that came on the park for the tribute then??

Last point not true then?

:rudolph

The last point is true in that the Board take out that much. A fair commercial rate, is the justification. The other point that has been discussed is that comparisons with other Boards are misleading, in that our key employees are on the Board, whereas they aren't at other clubs.

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Nonsense.
Nonsense

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:52 PM
;2803061']Have you not taken into consideration that maybe DR doesn't want to stay? The SPL is gashtastic!

The fact that he has actually said for most of the season he wants to stay maybe gives the game away me thinks.

Sorry, don't mean to be blunt.

Hibs just sicken me just now

moredun
15-05-2011, 01:53 PM
The last point is true in that the Board take out that much. A fair commercial rate, IMO. The main other point that has been discussed is that comparisons with other Boards are misleading, in that our key employees are on the Board, whereas they aren't at other clubs.

So you do acknowledge the lies then?
And you are kidding yourself on if you think that is the only one.

As pointed out to another poster, im just sick of Hibs, i don't mean to be so blunt

BEEJ
15-05-2011, 02:46 PM
I don't get that?

Do we not play each other 4 times a season just now?
Only not them all, just who is in your half of a split league.
Really quite simple and straightforward.

12 team league - 11 opposing sides during the campaign - players already find it 'monotonous'.

10 team league - just 9 opposing sides during the campaign - ...... unlikely to improve the situation, is it?

:wink:

Sammy7nil
15-05-2011, 03:23 PM
As poor as everyone says Derek has been this year

WE WILL MISS HIM AND HIS QUALITY.

Quality something that is lacking in all his team mates.

Good Luck Deek where every you go I have loved watching you in a Hibs shirt.

Deek for me as a Hibs player = :top marks:top marks:top marks

Dunbar Hibee
15-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Nonsense

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 04:27 PM
So you do acknowledge the lies then?
And you are kidding yourself on if you think that is the only one.

As pointed out to another poster, im just sick of Hibs, i don't mean to be so blunt

Actually, I don't acknowledge the lies.

You have given me one example. I have no view on whether or not that is a lie. If you have clear evidence, then I'd be happy to see it.

What others?

Beefster
15-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Further proof that some folk have more feeling for Riordan than Hibernian.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Are you a Hibs supporter or a DR supporter?...... Players come and go, it's life....

Anyway he stated in today's NOTW he is bored of SPL and wants a fresh challenge, so looks like your hopes will be dashed.....

IFONLY
15-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Are you a Hibs supporter or a DR supporter?...... Players come and go, it's life....

Anyway he stated in today's NOTW he is bored of SPL and wants a fresh challenge, so looks like your hopes will be dashed.....

My god the News of the World the bastion of the truth , must be true then.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 05:06 PM
My god the News of the World the bastion of the truth , must be true then.

It was an interview with said player, or do you think the whole interview was just made up....Wake up.....

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2011, 05:08 PM

c'mon now, behave, fer the luv o the wee man, jings

Sammy7nil
15-05-2011, 05:09 PM

I don't agree but just goes to show how poor Hibs have been recently if you think that is the case.

IFONLY
15-05-2011, 05:10 PM
It was an interview with said player, or do you think the whole interview was just made up....Wake up.....

Imagine me even thinking that the News of the World would ever make things up(never been known!!!!!)your right I must be asleep and dreaming that.

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2011, 05:10 PM

I don`t think that is fair comment at all. I think some of us are puzzled by the stick Riordan has taken on here which has only been surpassed by the dreadful treatment dished out to Colin Nish. Wotherspoon next, or will it be Hanlon?

Sammy7nil
15-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I don`t think that is fair comment at all. I think some of us are puzzled by the stick Riordan has taken on here which has only been surpassed by the dreadful treatment dished out to Colin Nish. Wotherspoon next, or will it be Hanlon?

For me Wotherspoon :wink::greengrin

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 05:14 PM
For me Wotherspoon :wink::greengrin

Yeah, I would go with that. The laddie has the potential to run about like a headless chicken, and to miss sitters. And he's a bit of a ginger, too. All the boy Hanlon has the potential to do is sell a goal or two every week.

Although that Thornhill's a good shout...

:greengrin

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:11 PM

To the extent that you'd want Hibs to suffer a defeat so that Riordan can get one over on us?

moredun
15-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Actually, I don't acknowledge the lies.

You have given me one example. I have no view on whether or not that is a lie. If you have clear evidence, then I'd be happy to see it.

What others?

I don't need to prove it on here, i know it is true, if you don't believe it then who cares.
I don't have to give other examples, as i have just showed an example, that was all that was needed, don't really care what you believe tbh.

moredun
15-05-2011, 06:29 PM
No just sick of the club that is Hibs, sick of the nasty cheap options most of the support seem to take as good enough for us.

Maybe i am wrong in thinking Hibs are a cheap skate club who's only ambition is to be a mid table team, and maybe qualify for europe every 10 years or so.
Maybe i should just accept the fact that that is what to expect.

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2011, 06:31 PM
To the extent that you'd want Hibs to suffer a defeat so that Riordan can get one over on us?

Did I say that? I remember one of the greatest Hibbys of all time, Jimmy O`Rourke scoring at ER in a 1-0 win for St Johnstone after being prematurely dumped and those of us who have stuck up for Riordan this season might see the irony in him coming back and doing the same .

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The last point is true in that the Board take out that much. A fair commercial rate, IMO. The main other point that has been discussed is that comparisons with other Boards are misleading, in that our key employees are on the Board, whereas they aren't at other clubs.

Irrespective of whether the executives are on the Board or not, I don't believe that there are any other clubs in Scotland where the 'executive team/board' is responsible for using up more than 10% of the total wage bill. Bearing in mind that two of the Board are non-executive (if you count the Chairman as an executive) so there are only four execs, it's even worse than it looks at first glance.

For a club with our turnover, wage bill and performance, the wages paid to those running the club are excessive. No question.

moredun
15-05-2011, 06:33 PM

A Hibby who thinks not trying to sign your easily best player as being odd, but yeha we have sodje, although a trier, he is never good enough for us, but whatever floats your boat

steakbake
15-05-2011, 06:34 PM
No just sick of the club that is Hibs, sick of the nasty cheap options most of the support seem to take as good enough for us.

Maybe i am wrong in thinking Hibs are a cheap skate club who's only ambition is to be a mid table team, and maybe qualify for europe every 10 years or so.
Maybe i should just accept the fact that that is what to expect.

How much do you think that the club should spend on players every year and where do you think we'd get that money from?

Sack the board, and you've got no board but 500k in your pocket. How many great players will we get for that?

Or do we literally go for bust and spend money we don't have and gamble on us getting a good position within a very short period of time?

moredun
15-05-2011, 06:38 PM
How much do you think that the club should spend on players every year and where do you think we'd get that money from?

Sack the board, and you've got no board but 500k in your pocket. How many great players will we get for that?

Or do we literally go for bust and spend money we don't have and gamble on us getting a good position within a very short period of time?

Why do Hibs spend more money in wages for the board per pound brought in than any other board in the spl then?
It must be because they get the best for their input then eh:rolleyes:

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:38 PM
A Hibby who thinks not trying to sign your easily best player as being odd, but yeha we have sodje, although a trier, he is never good enough for us, but whatever floats your boat

Sodje's scored a goal every second game (on average). Riordan's scored a goal every third game (on average). This season obviously.

I'm not saying Riordan doesn't contribute in other ways but your argument doesn't stack up.

moredun
15-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Sodje's scored a goal every second game (on average). Riordan's scored a goal every third game (on average). This season obviously.

I'm not saying Riordan doesn't contribute in other ways but your argument doesn't stack up.

Do you think Sodje can score over 20 goals in a season?
If you think Sodje is as good as or better than Deeks, then i am wasting my time here.
Never heard so much nonsense in all my life.

Sodje or Deeks:faf:

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't need to prove it on here, i know it is true, if you don't believe it then who cares.
I don't have to give other examples, as i have just showed an example, that was all that was needed, don't really care what you believe tbh.

Nice debating skills.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 06:54 PM

To be honest, I would like to see them both stay. Yesterday, albeit in flashes, there were signs of what they could be together. Providers and scorers.

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:55 PM
If you think Sodje is as good as or better than Deeks, then i am wasting my time here.

Which bit was nonsense? The facts about Sodje or the facts about Riordan?

Where did I say Sodje was better than Riordan?

Riordan scored over 20 goals in a season once, half a decade ago. You were the one that said Sodje was never good enough for Hibs. I was pointing out that his scoring average is better than Riordan's this season.

I suggest you try reading posts before you reply to them.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Irrespective of whether the executives are on the Board or not, I don't believe that there are any other clubs in Scotland where the 'executive team/board' is responsible for using up more than 10% of the total wage bill. Bearing in mind that two of the Board are non-executive (if you count the Chairman as an executive) so there are only four execs, it's even worse than it looks at first glance.

For a club with our turnover, wage bill and performance, the wages paid to those running the club are excessive. No question.

I am not disagreeing. Moredun asked me to summarise the gist of the argument, which has been discussed many times on here, without any consensus either way.

Beefster
15-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I am not disagreeing. Moredun asked me to summarise the gist of the argument, which has been discussed many times on here, without any consensus either way.

Ah right, apologies. I'm a sucker when I think I see a 'the board is value for money' post!

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Have you watched DR this season, do you think he merits a new contract?

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Yes

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Do you know that there is not another striker being lined up?

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes

really, on what basis?

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 07:23 PM
really, on what basis?

I think I would agree, on the basis of what appears to be the development of a decent partnership with Sodje. But, only if:-

1. he is played as a striker, and

2. there are at least two other strikers pushing him for his place.

moredun
15-05-2011, 07:29 PM

I have wached the team this season, Deeks has not been great i know.
But like yesterday, he is capable of scoring from anywhere, i know we don't get it every week, much less this season, but he did score 17 playing left midfield last season.
How many chances have been created for our forwards from midfield this season? How many times does he make a good run in behind the defence only not to receive the ball?
Even in a gash team and not being on form himself, he has still scored 11 goals.
Sodje had a wee streak, he would never be a success for Hibs over a season imo.
If Hibs were to let deeks go and bring in a striker with quality then no problem, but we all know we never replace the team with better quality, that is my gripe.
I would far rather have someone of Deeks quality in my team than not, simply because he is top quality on his day, imo he is as frustrated as the rest of us on here, but the service to him is simply non-existent.

If posters are happy with the level of Sodje then i am sorry, for me he is never a football player, 6 goals or not.
He had a shot yesterday that the fans in the east just started laughing at

moredun
15-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice debating skills.

Ok, i said the board told us lies, you said tell me when, i told you, but obviously you are not happy with what i said so you wanted more.
My point was i didn't need to tell you more as i had just told of one example which proved me right.

northgreen24
15-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I actually do like DR and would prefer him to stay as he clearly has more talent then most and is capable for playing at a highter lever (weather on not he does is a different question)

However when he makes comments like below it really annoys me

"Anywhere that's a new challenge is better for me, a fresh start.

"It drags on playing in the same bit all the time."

this lad forgets that after 5 years at hibs he had the opertunity to move down south or russsia and get that fresh challange but instead he chose to move 40 miles along the road and to a club that i think never really wanted him but cheap option at the time. He is now at the same crossroads no one came in for him with a year to go ala SF and SB and sometimes that tells its on story.

he ho I wish him all the best as gave me some great memories however unlike CC there will be no 3rd term for derek

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Ok, i said the board told us lies, you said tell me when, i told you, but obviously you are not happy with what i said so you wanted more.
My point was i didn't need to tell you more as i had just told of one example which proved me right.

My point was that you didn't provide any evidence of those lies. If you do, then maybe I can agree with you on that one example.

But I also asked for other examples, since you used the word "lies", plural.

Woody1985
15-05-2011, 07:42 PM
The fact that he has actually said for most of the season he wants to stay maybe gives the game away me thinks.

Sorry, don't mean to be blunt.

Hibs just sicken me just now

He's quoted in today's mail saying he was bored of playing the same ****ty teams and stadiums.

chrisski33
15-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Whilst most want hibs to keep deeks maybe he himself has said he wont be staying?

moredun
15-05-2011, 07:51 PM
He's quoted in today's mail saying he was bored of playing the same ****ty teams and stadiums.

Whilst most want hibs to keep deeks maybe he himself has said he wont be staying?

Doesn't surprise me now, after all the big players like Lewis Stevenson and Nish, Duffy Mcbride et al all found out exactly where they stood ages ago , but for some reason deeks was meant to be happy having to wait till the end of the season before basically finding out he was getting shoved out the door.
If i was him i would move as well

Broken Gnome
15-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Doesn't surprise me now, after all the big players like Lewis Stevenson and Nish, Duffy Mcbride et al all found out exactly where they stood ages ago , but for some reason deeks was meant to be happy having to wait till the end of the season before basically finding out he was getting shoved out the door.

Do you really genuinely think Derek and his agent had no idea if he would have a future at Hibs or otherwise until yesterday?

Jim44
15-05-2011, 08:33 PM

:confused: Do you honestly think he's being shoved out the door? More a case of him refusing to accept terms and slamming the door shut himself.

moredun
15-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Do you really genuinely think Derek and his agent had no idea if he would have a future at Hibs or otherwise until yesterday?

Do you really no more than Deeks and his agent?

As of last week he had not been offered any contract:coffee:

moredun
15-05-2011, 09:00 PM
:confused: Do you honestly think he's being shoved out the door? More a case of him refusing to accept terms and slamming the door shut himself.

How can he reject what he had not been offered:confused:

Up until last week.

Liam89
15-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I think I would agree, on the basis of what appears to be the development of a decent partnership with Sodje. But, only if:-

1. he is played as a striker, and

2. there are at least two other strikers pushing him for his place.

From what I've seen of Riordan playing as a striker, he is useless. I think he's far more effective when played as a left winger so he can cut in and use his best attribute which is hit accurate shot. Saying that, i think its time we parted ways with him as he just doesn't have enough pace and even most of his efforts are wayward these days.

Beefster
15-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Which can't be true taking into account the amount of posters claiming, for the last 12 months, that he was desperate to stay at Hibs but Hibs (in particular Rodders, Hughes and Calderwood) were forcing him out.

Hibs90
15-05-2011, 09:18 PM
How can he reject what he had not been offered:confused:

Up until last week.

How do you know this then?

Broken Gnome
15-05-2011, 09:20 PM

No, but if everyone, agent or club, was really oblivious to whether he was a) wanted or b) would be at Hibs next season until now, then no one would really have been doing their jobs very well.

Nothing may be decided, but it's not that farfeteched to think those involved are a bit more clued up than they've been letting on.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 09:24 PM

... and that ties in with what CC has been saying publicly for some weeks now. That nothing would be discussed until the season had ended.

Ernie Cobra
16-05-2011, 05:07 AM
My point was that you didn't provide any evidence of those lies. If you do, then maybe I can agree with you on that one example.

But I also asked for other examples, since you used the word "lies", plural.

tell me your not pulling him for being gramatically incorrect....he should have said the board lied to us.....woop de doo. That brings pedanticism to a new level.

For me it would be tata Deek, hes done nowt nad looks less and less likely to in the future. Thanks for the memories thoguh Del Boy, your a Legend!

Jim44
16-05-2011, 07:41 AM
... and that ties in with what CC has been saying publicly for some weeks now. That nothing would be discussed until the season had ended.

Riordan said he wanted to stay, now he sounds like he wants away. Calderwood said he wanted to keep Riordan but supposedly wouldn't make an offer to do so. Somebody's lying or being economic with the truth. Something fishy about the whole business.

CropleyWasGod
16-05-2011, 07:53 AM
tell me your not pulling him for being gramatically incorrect....he should have said the board lied to us.....woop de doo. That brings pedanticism to a new level.

For me it would be tata Deek, hes done nowt nad looks less and less likely to in the future. Thanks for the memories thoguh Del Boy, your a Legend!

I'm not.

AlbertK86
16-05-2011, 08:39 AM
IF Deek leaves then so be it. Can you really blame him.

He has been the best and most consistent goalscorer at Easter Road in decades

so

His own club would appear to want him to take a cut in wages

Yep he has not perfromed how we know he can this season but tell me who has.

Riordan has the ability that will undoubtedly lead to him getting offers from elsewhere that will pay far better. Even League 1 in England will pay better than Rod P.

The team he is in just now are miles worse than the teams he played in during his younger days at Hibs. I would be frustrated too especially as there is no sign that the board want to put us back to where we were even a few years ago when McLeish and Mowbray were in charge.

Do the management and board think the will get somebody of the same quality with the same goals return on the wages we offer ..... if so they are more deluded than I ever imagined.

I remember john robertson once having a poor season where he only scored about 11 or 12 goals for the jambos but they showed their faith in him and not surprisingly he came good again .... unfortunately for us.

Still think DR should be offered a deal to stay but the club would need to change there whole outlook and sign quality to play alongside him as i believe it is a combination of poor offer and poor current team that is driving him away.

Good Luck Deek... you'll score (spectacular) goals wherever you go

Arch Stanton
16-05-2011, 08:59 AM

That's not how I read it - CC said that they had agreed there would be no contract negotiations before the off season but, to me, that wouldn't preclude there already having been contract discussions which had ground to a halt. This would make more sense given that a lot of contract decisions had been made regarding other players.

Also, if either party had unilaterally refused to enter into any talks before the end of the season then they would be guilty of bad faith and I can't see how contract talks could have resumed after that.

Beefster
16-05-2011, 09:11 AM
IF Deek leaves then so be it. Can you really blame him.

He has been the best and most consistent goalscorer at Easter Road in decades

so

His own club would appear to want him to take a cut in wages

Yep he has not perfromed how we know he can this season but tell me who has.

Riordan has the ability that will undoubtedly lead to him getting offers from elsewhere that will pay far better. Even League 1 in England will pay better than Rod P.

The team he is in just now are miles worse than the teams he played in during his younger days at Hibs. I would be frustrated too especially as there is no sign that the board want to put us back to where we were even a few years ago when McLeish and Mowbray were in charge.

Do the management and board think the will get somebody of the same quality with the same goals return on the wages we offer ..... if so they are more deluded than I ever imagined.

I remember john robertson once having a poor season where he only scored about 11 or 12 goals for the jambos but they showed their faith in him and not surprisingly he came good again .... unfortunately for us.

Still think DR should be offered a deal to stay but the club would need to change there whole outlook and sign quality to play alongside him as i believe it is a combination of poor offer and poor current team that is driving him away.

Good Luck Deek... you'll score (spectacular) goals wherever you go

That argument for him not taking a paycut is akin to an office worker being told "Aye, Tommy, you've had a terrible year but Betty and Albert were just as bad so good news, I'm going to give you a big pay rise. Yay"

Riordan is bored of the SPL and wants to move outside the country anyway so how much we offered him is irrelevant to his staying or not.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2011, 11:16 AM
That argument for him not taking a paycut is akin to an office worker being told "Aye, Tommy, you've had a terrible year but Betty and Albert were just as bad so good news, I'm going to give you a big pay rise. Yay"

Riordan is bored of the SPL and wants to move outside the country anyway so how much we offered him is irrelevant to his staying or not.

Very well summed up Beefster, in a nutshell DR has done nothing to warrant a better or even the same contract.....

Like you say he wants a fresh challenge elsewhere.......

jws1875
16-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Not sure if anyone else seen this but he's saying that he is looking for another team because of the poor crowds and visiting the same grounds week in week out are getting boring :rolleyes:

Seveno
16-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Not sure if anyone else seen this but he's saying that he is looking for another team because of the poor crowds and visiting the same grounds week in week out are getting boring :rolleyes:

I can understand that. I too sat around watching what was going on and got bored. Now maybe if I had got more involved ...............................

ALF TUPPER
16-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm a fan of Derek's and would be happy to see him stay. However, if he isnt happy and wants to move on - then so be it. You leave with my thanks Deeks.

All the best son.
:agree: