PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates *****Hibs v Aberdeen*****

Hibs Class
14-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Making a pitch for match thread starter! Bright and breezy day in Edinburgh for the last match in a season we'll be glad to see the back of. Let's turn out in numbers and give Eddie Turnbull :not worth the send-off he deserves and then hope for a game with the kind of football he would have enjoyed.

Any team news yet?

:thumbsup:

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Making a pitch for match thread starter! Bright and breezy day in Edinburgh for the last match in a season we'll be glad to see the back of. Let's turn out in numbers and give Eddie Turnbull :not worth the send-off he deserves and then hope for a game with the kind of football he would have enjoyed.

Any team news yet?

:thumbsup:

Booth is out with food poisoning I think?

Dunbar Hibee
14-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Booth is out with food poisoning I think?

Boothy is definitely out due to illness.

Dunbar Hibee
14-05-2011, 11:59 AM
And Danny Handling on the bench again, all I know.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2011, 12:17 PM
would have liked to pay my last respects to Eddie Turnbull, but decided against paying more than 25p to watch that pile of crap masquerading as a football team :boo hoo:

anyway, mon the hibs, and gie the baw tae Reilly :greengrin

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Was gutted I couldnae go today, I imagine the atmosphere will be good:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-05-2011, 12:56 PM
would have liked to pay my last respects to Eddie Turnbull, but decided against paying more than 25p to watch that pile of crap masquerading as a football team :boo hoo:

anyway, mon the hibs, and gie the baw tae Reilly :greengrin

With respect you're mIssing the point.
Decent numbers waitng outside the gates stilltime to geton down surely

HH81
14-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Wish I could have been up today.... east coast trains :grr:

Just passed my test so didn't fancy the drive up on the M6.

Hope Hibs can sign off in style, mon Hibs. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2011, 01:03 PM
With respect you're mIssing the point.
Decent numbers waitng outside the gates stilltime to geton down surely

i've left it far too late to get through(as per) :greengrin

Zorro
14-05-2011, 02:00 PM
just listened to the minute's applause for Eddie Turnbull on the radio - sounded fantastic. :not worth

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 02:09 PM
A bit late but the team today is

Brown

Taggart
Stephens
Hanlon
Stevenson

Vaz Te
Miller
Towell
Wotherspoon

Sodje
Riordan

Whats the crowd like today?

HH81
14-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Whats the crowd like today?

Quite loud :greengrin:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2011, 02:20 PM
deeks 1-0 :greengrin 'piece of magic'

hibeedonald
1-0 deek. keep him!!!
vaz te hit the post aswell.
good performance aswell.

nonshinyfinish
Nice one Deek.

R'Albin
:flag::flag: 1-0 a peach from deeks!

DAVE1875
14-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Doesn't help that theres not even Gillette Soccer Saturday on

PeeJay
Cracking goal from Riordan!:greengrin

Betty Boop
Deek !!!! Hope its not his last goal ! :flag:

Juice-Terry
WONDERFUL strike from Riordan!

Twiglet
What's going on in the east?

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 02:24 PM
WONDERFUL strike from Riordan!

I have £10 on Deeks to score firstgoal on his final game for the club :flag:

BroxburnHibee
14-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Quite a few fans being removed by the police

No idea why

chrisski33
14-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Wouldnt it be typical of deeks to sign off with a hatrick?

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Quite a few fans being removed by the police

No idea why

Home or away?

Twiglet
14-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Home or away?

Home. East stand.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Home. East stand.

Oh, weird?

HH81
14-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Home. East stand.

Radio has not mentioned anything. If it was serious I'm sure they would.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Derek Riordan is now the third top goalscorer in SPL history as he volleys past Jamie Langfield with his left foot, with the ball sitting up perfectly for the forward.

1525: Only Kris Boyd and Henrik Larsson have scored more SPL goals than Derek Riordan. He may not put in a shift each week but the lad has real talent. Where will be playing next season and will Bruce the dog be going with him? On thing for sure is that Hibs fans will miss him.

:greengrin

ScottB
14-05-2011, 02:41 PM
From the look of the line up, are we playing with 5 attacking players?

A fitting tribute if true!

Juice-Terry
14-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I have £10 on Deeks to score firstgoal on his final game for the club :flag:
Nice one!

MountcastleHibs
14-05-2011, 03:01 PM
What's with the two stadium announcers today? Anyone know?

PeeJay
14-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Hnaong aka Hanlon gives away a stupid corner - which we cannot defend - 1-1

nonshinyfinish
14-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hnaong gives away a stupid corner - which we cannot defend - 1-1

Typical crap from Hnaong. :bitchy:

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Typical crap from Hnaong. :bitchy:

You would of thought that after his call up to the Vietnamese national team he would be trying hard to keep his place in the team??? :greengrin

Haymaker
14-05-2011, 03:11 PM
You would of thought that after his call up to the Vietnamese national team he would be trying hard to keep his place in the team??? :greengrin

Obviously it has gone to his head.

Hibs7
14-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Hibs cannot defend set pieces, absolute abysmal, CC get it sorted or removed off.

stokesmessiah
14-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Im obviously not at the game but it sounds like Deek may well be having a farewell game?? Pulling it all out the bag today. Maybe i am just reading too much into him having a good game.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 03:31 PM
**** off hibs, 2-1 the sheep.

cabbageandribs1875
get it sorted calderwood :agree: junior teams could beat us at ER nowadays, just shows how low this clubs football teams have sunk

HH81
Losing 3-1 :grr:

blindsummit
14-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Make that three

PeeJay
3-1 !

R'Albin
What a ****ing load of ***** 3-1. this is ****ing awful!

chrisski33
Ffs 1-3

Zorro
14-05-2011, 03:33 PM
thank f*** this season is nearly over.

SteveHFC
14-05-2011, 03:37 PM
What a bunch of F****** Wage Thieves. All of the Squad except Booth, Hanlon, Stephens and Wotherspoon can all F*** Off.

Hibs7
14-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Absolute garbage, CC will have a month at the beginning of next season to show vast improvements especially in defence. If not he can pack his bags, cannot win one game in the bottom 6 and if Aberdeen go above us he has cost the club 80,000 pounds.
PATHETIC. DISGRACEFUL, UNACCEPTABLE, AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY THE HIBS SUPPORT NEXT SEASON.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Colin Calderwood is a joke of a boss.

Get rid now. Why wait? He'll destroy Hibs next season. Hibs are SO lucky to stay up this season. They wont be next season with thismug at the helm.

Have you ever seen a boss less unconcerned post-match defeat ?

Go to go. GO NOW Calderwood.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Colin Calderwood is a joke of a boss.

Get rid now. Why wait? He'll destroy Hibs next season. Hibs are SO lucky to stay up this season. They wont be next season with thismug at the helm.

Have you ever seen a boss less unconcerned post-match defeat ?

Go to go. GO NOW Calderwood.

This will be hurting CC more than anyone, no doubt.

We need to stick with CC, give him a summer transfer window and we desperately need some stability.

Danny Handling on for someone, missed who though.

Juice-Terry
14-05-2011, 03:47 PM
There are many negative things one can say about Hibs this season, but one thing that stands out very clearly is the fact that we are PAINFULLY slow...and we have been for many years now. At least FOUR quality signings are needed over the summer or we'll face another dreadful season. :rolleyes:

ScottB
14-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Pathetic. Given the occasion and what today would have meant to us if we'd won, that says it all.

As for folk saying Deek has really 'pulled it out' for his last game. Well that tells you exactly why this is his last game.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 03:48 PM
ft 1-3. Thank god the season is over!

The Voice Of Reason
Calderwood's record is DREADFUL to be fair..........worrying times.

He sees fit to offer a new contract to Lewis Stevenson FFS.......doubt he woulld get a game for any other SPL club.....sums up our predicament.

Bunch of Goons the lot of them.

Elephant Stone
Absolute garbage, CC will have a month at the beginning of next season to show vast improvements especially in defence. If not he can pack his bags, cannot win one game in the bottom 6 and if Aberdeen go above us he has cost the club 80,000 pounds.
PATHETIC. DISGRACEFUL, UNACCEPTABLE, AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED BY THE HIBS SUPPORT NEXT SEASON.

He deserves time but it's going to be a massive gamble for us- he has the job of laying the foundations of what will be our squad for the immediate future, can he be trusted?

Jim44
14-05-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think CC is going to bring in enough quality to make much difference to the garbage that's already there. He himself said that, today, he wants the fans to see a little bit of what we'll have next season ................. : :confused: bitchy: enough said. With Riordan and Miller away, there's little quality to build on. Survival will be the name of the game again next season.

hibeesdude
14-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Never thought I'd hear myself say this but thank **** that's finished. New season ticket looks unlikely what an underperforming underable shower

Houchy
14-05-2011, 04:21 PM
He deserves time but it's going to be a massive gamble for us- he has the job of laying the foundations of what will be our squad for the immediate future, can he be trusted?

:agree: It's taken years for us to get to this position where we are able to get rid of so much dead wood. We really, really need to make sure the dead wood is replaced with quality this time and not just journeymen to take us over the next 4seasons or so with the same level of mediocrity. The rumours are that CC is being given a "war chest" not seen since days of McLeish... can CC be trusted to spend it wisely?

BleedGreen
14-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Was tough viewing that.

Pressure really is on CC next season, right from the off.

A win today would really have been beneficial IMO.

truehibernian
14-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Trying to be as positive as I can, we had more than a few guilt edged chances to go more than one up. The undoing today was our utter inability to defend properly.

Hanlon had a shocker today. Too slow, edged off balls, often lucky to get break of the ball, and three times conceding needless corners one of which led to a goal.

Dickoh - just a poor defender full stop.

Stephens wanted days on the ball, caught napping second half, hopefully learns from it.

Perplexed by the substitution of Vaz Te. After that our play down the left vanished. Riordan drifted out there and became as ever ineffectual.

Pass marks today for Sodje, Vaz Te and Towell for me. Palsson would have got a little praise but the big fella let himself down big time IMHO after their third went in and he turned to the east and shrugged his shoulders at the fans leaving. Do something to make them stay Victor, or take your anger out on the opposition.

The fans that left got a hard time. You pays your money, you can do as you please. I stayed, but I certainly don't blame any for leaving. The product is woeful - glimpses of good stuff, drowned in abysmal, comical defending.

Pace, strikers, and experience at the back. Without that, its a long long road ahead my Hibee chums........you can never underestimate the importance of leadership and experience. We have none of it. Pace......seems to be a thing of the past too. That's what won the Dons the game in the end.....and what defeats Hibs time and time again.

Never been so happy to see the end to a season.

Houchy
14-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Was tough viewing that.

Pressure really is on CC next season, right from the off.

A win today would really have been beneficial IMO.

As someone previously alluded to, around £80k more beneficial.:rolleyes:

Surely CC must have known the value of a win today.

If the £80k per place figure is correct, how much of his transfer budget has CC p*ssed away already over the last 5 "matches".

Hibs Class
14-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Trying to be as positive as I can, we had more than a few guilt edged chances to go more than one up. The undoing today was our utter inability to defend properly.

Hanlon had a shocker today. Too slow, edged off balls, often lucky to get break of the ball, and three times conceding needless corners one of which led to a goal.

Dickoh - just a poor defender full stop.

Stephens wanted days on the ball, caught napping second half, hopefully learns from it.

Perplexed by the substitution of Vaz Te. After that our play down the left vanished. Riordan drifted out there and became as ever ineffectual.

Pass marks today for Sodje, Vaz Te and Towell for me. Palsson would have got a little praise but the big fella let himself down big time IMHO after their third went in and he turned to the east and shrugged his shoulders at the fans leaving. Do something to make them stay Victor, or take your anger out on the opposition.

The fans that left got a hard time. You pays your money, you can do as you please. I stayed, but I certainly don't blame any for leaving. The product is woeful - glimpses of good stuff, drowned in abysmal, comical defending.

Pace, strikers, and experience at the back. Without that, its a long long road ahead my Hibee chums........you can never underestimate the importance of leadership and experience. We have none of it. Pace......seems to be a thing of the past too. That's what won the Dons the game in the end.....and what defeats Hibs time and time again.

Never been so happy to see the end to a season.

I wondered if it was because he'd been booked. Collum had a few mystifying decisions today. Whilst Miller couldn't complain about being booked for dissent the whole ground could see that it was the second time Collum gave against Hibs when it was clearly the Aberdeen player backing in and falling over. Last thing we wanted was to be starting next season with players unnecessarily suspended.

Frazerbob
14-05-2011, 05:54 PM
As someone previously alluded to, around £80k more beneficial.:rolleyes:

Surely CC must have known the value of a win today.

If the £80k per place figure is correct, how much of his transfer budget has CC p*ssed away already over the last 5 "matches".

How much would we have paid out in win bonuses had we won? :devil:

renato
14-05-2011, 09:57 PM
The product is woeful - glimpses of good stuff, drowned in abysmal, comical defending.

Great post, agree with everything you say there. I think the bit above especially sums up what we've had to endure this season....fingers crossed there's a vast improvement in the near future.