PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood preparing the fans for Riordan leaving perhaps?

Leith Green
14-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Reading between the lines, makes me wonder wether this is Calderwood preparing us for Riordans departure..

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/05/13/colin-calderwood-still-unsure-over-derek-riordan-s-hibernian-future-86908-23128516/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/05/13/colin-calderwood-still-unsure-over-derek-riordan-s-hibernian-future-86908-23128516/)

After reading this, I'm definetly expecting Riordan to be leaving now it saddens me to say.

mim
14-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I think that, in the simplest terms, what CC is saying is:

Deek is giving everything he has that he is aware of, but he can't give the extra bit that he has, because he doesn't know he has it. :confused:

Is that clear now? :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2011, 09:32 AM
As CC has said before, offers will be made, put on the table, and then withdrawn if not accepted. Not left as a bargaining tool. I don't see how it should be any different for Riordan. But until, his conract runs out, I suppose this article is factually correct.

moredun
14-05-2011, 09:35 AM
THe daily ****** knows as much about what is going on at ER as i do about the finer points of breaking the Atom

RIP
14-05-2011, 09:35 AM
At Hibs the manager is the last to know if a player is going to sign. Some players go months without ever speaking to the manager

It's not the way I'd like Hibs to be run but what can supporters do about it?

Mikey
14-05-2011, 09:44 AM
At Hibs the manager is the last to know if a player is going to sign. Some players go months without ever speaking to the manager

You actually believe that, don't you.

The Falcon
14-05-2011, 10:30 AM

You can buy the shares then you can run it how you want to.

Do you honestly think that Hibs managers are total pussies and would allow themselves to be dictated to like this? CC may have his faults but, like Yogi, Mixu, Collins and Mowbray before them, being somebody's bitch isnt one of them.

If you think this you can challenge him and tell him this. He's in Edinburgh today I believe. If he's allowed that is. :rolleyes:

Seveno
14-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Maybe we should play all our matches at East Mains so that we can get the best out of Derek ?

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2011, 10:52 AM
At least if Riordan does go it will keep a lot of the posters on here happy. Then they will be able to move on to someone else of course.

ancient hibee
14-05-2011, 11:14 AM
At least if Riordan does go it will keep a lot of the posters on here happy. Then they will be able to move on to someone else of course.
It'll be Booth next season.

Dunbar Hibee
14-05-2011, 11:16 AM
It'll be Booth next season.

Doubt that highly my friend.

aberhibsfc
14-05-2011, 11:32 AM
THe daily ****** knows as much about what is going on at ER as i do about the finer points of breaking the Atom

You are probably an intelligent chap going by the theory in your post, at the risk of causing upset, I understand what you mean.

It's more about filling a tricky wee square on a page every now and again, that's when they pay their token visit to news of non-old firm clubs. They know very little and also not that interested in the goings on at ER. Much is garnered from forums such as this, edited and then spouted as in the know.

Many of the pressmen calling for forums to be curtailed, like turkeys voting for christmas, privately it takes some leg work and expenditure out their day. Alternitively, they gripe about forums as they are annonymous (so your name's not on the line as is theirs, but we know Traynor's depressing and Chic plain name dropping annoying (re: Chic Young, he put's himself across as some sort of friend to the stars and deals in tittle tattle, he doesn't really ever indulge in pure football chat)) and it is competition to fans reading and paying for whatever scraps they want to throw our way.

I do however think they are bang on when it comes to sectarian etc postings, there's no place for it. But again they can't wrap up every negative comment as sectarian eg the post on here about Neil Lennon being a shaved orangutang, a bit naughty and quietly funny but no real harm I think.

Talking of Lennon, the abuse he gets religiously, ethnically etc is wholely out of order and needs stamping out.

One thing I will say, the boy see's himself as a winner and in many eyes he's the football equivelant of marmite. Celtic adore him, others applore him, not for his status or background, but certainly for the way he carries himself, for that, he does need knocked off his pedestal.

I know that there are people out there that don't like him for the wrong reasons. I don't like him because as a player, he was regularly putting boots in and getting away with it. I remember a game at ER where he hid behind the ref and put the boot in a Hibs player when the game was stopped. As usual, he got away with it. The Celtic fans have a point with some of the torment Lennon gets, but they can't wrap everthing up in the same parcel and say anyone who doesn't like Lennon is anti this and that and not celtic minded.

Lennon situation is being muddied by the press, the ones indulging in the bile that's spouted deserve to be brought to book. Just don't tarnish everyone that isn't a Celtic fan with the same brush.

As always, I'm away to lie down.