PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan's last ever game for Hibs ??

GreenCastle
14-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Will the Aberdeen game tomorrow 14th May be the last time we see DR at Easter Road playing for Hibs :confused:

Hibrandenburg
14-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah, when was it?

NthCarolinaHibs
14-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Ayep,,done well,,scored some crackers but up there with Stanton, or other greats...naw, no really...ran to sellick to look for sheckals, and then.:confused::confused:.good luck to him tho...waste of what 'could have been'....that's all...GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 03:44 AM
The best finisher I have seen at ER since Jimmy O'Rourke, so I shall definitely pay my respects.

marinello59
14-05-2011, 06:02 AM
He has given us some magical moments during both spells with us, moments that will live with us forever. If it is his last game then he is well worthy of special applause.

matty_f
14-05-2011, 06:51 AM
The best finisher I have seen at ER since Jimmy O'Rourke, so I shall definitely pay my respects.

I don't think his finishing is that great, but what he can do (and does do) is score spectacular goals. I wouldn't put my house on him finishing a one on one, and he's missed lots of chances over the years that a typical penalty box striker would have put away, however in terms of striking a ball accurately enough to hit the target so frequently and with such success I don't think anyone's come close to his quality in my time watching Hibs.

He has given us some magical moments during both spells with us, moments that will live with us forever. If it is his last game then he is well worthy of special applause.

Definitely. For all I think that it's the right time for him to move on, he's been a terrific player for us over the years.:agree:

Tricla
14-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Will the Aberdeen game tomorrow 14th May be the last time we see DR at Easter Road playing for Hibs :confused:

I sure hope not.

:not worth

H18sry
14-05-2011, 07:37 AM
It may be for a couple of years but I'm sure he will be back :agree:

Aldo
14-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Not sure if it will or wont be.

Not much mentioned about him looking to go elsewhere but you never know in Football.

If it is then thanks for the memories Deek.

Jim44
14-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Calderwood has more or less said that this will be his last game for Hibs for a period of time. I hope his leaving will mean the introduction of someone who has ability and wants to give 100% commitment, 100% of the time .............. something that Riordan has failed to do recently. The gnawing thing is that he will probably go to another club and play his socks off to justify his position. Good luck to the guy but his leaving Hibs this time leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth

new malkyhib
14-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Calderwood has more or less said that this will be his last game for Hibs for a period of time. I hope his leaving will mean the introduction of someone who has ability and wants to give 100% commitment, 100% of the time .............. something that Riordan has failed to do recently. The gnawing thing is that he will probably go to another club and play his socks off to justify his position. Good luck to the guy but his leaving Hibs this time leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth

I maintain that with a good pre-season under his belt and the signing of a decent CF that can hold the ball up and do Riordan's foraging for him we might get another turn out of him.

I just hope that if he does go we get a proven scorer as a replacement, and not the likes of Trakys and Duffy who've contributed 0 goals between them.

Chuck Rhoades
14-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I am sure we will see from his reactions after the game whether or not he is leaving ER.

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I hope not, but if it is he deserves a huge 'he's one of our own' imo :agree: Cheers for all the memories Deeko! :not worth

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm right in thinking that one more Goal R01rdan becomes 3rd top goalscorer in SPL history he jumps ahead of Scott McDonald.......i'm sure I read that somewhere or was I dreaming.

HibbyAndy
14-05-2011, 11:50 AM
My favourite EVER player of all time.

He's one of our own.....