PDA

View Full Version : sectarianism Deanos dad

JimBHibees
13-05-2011, 09:29 PM
www.heraldscotland.com

Got to be said an excellent article about the current problem by Kenny Shiels which cuts across the complete nonsense of it all. Bearing in mind his brother was killed in the troubles I think he is in a position to give his considered opinion on it.

You cam access it via the above link under the sports section.

IWasThere2016
13-05-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com:80/mobile/sport/spl/celtic/sectarian-problem-is-worse-in-scotland-than-northern-ireland-now-says-shiels-1.1101165

Wise words.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Excellent first hand commentary that puts a lot of the worthless garbage spouted on here about the situation into perspective.

"My God, they haven't a clue".

And he produced Deano. Give the man a Knighthood.

db03
13-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Spot on Mr Shiels :top marks

The Harp
13-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Good to read a well-written article by someone who actually knows about the situation and has been directly affected by it. It's just a pity the numpties who are so keen to get caught up in this sectarian nonsense won't read it.

jacomo
13-05-2011, 10:48 PM
If you take the isolated incidents of violence or theatened violence out of the equation (remember the copper killed by a bomb just a few weeks ago in N.I.?) then sectarianism may be worse here than there at the moment... and it is bred through ignorance.

How about the people who DO have a clue, though? The most unbelievable thing this season hasn't been about Lennon, for me - it was John Reid playing the sectarian card when speculating about the "unfair" treatment Celtc have had from referees.

Deliberately inflammatory, in my view, and he should be ashamed of himself.

pacorosssco
13-05-2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com:80/mobile/sport/spl/celtic/sectarian-problem-is-worse-in-scotland-than-northern-ireland-now-says-shiels-1.1101165

Wise words.

Very much agreed. I have long argued this is nothing to do with the majority of either fans of the Old Firm and is first class Hypocrisy.

Well said form a man from outwith our shores speaking about first hand experience of his life and his troubles in his country. I have no brother but to lose a member of your family in this manner must make the current shenanigans pale into insignificance.

He has done very well for speaking out about a sensitive subject to him and opening old scars but at the same time put the current squables where they belong and it isnt here

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Well said Shiels:top marks
I very much dislike Neil Lennon, but some people just need to realise he's only doing his job. Also if all these bigots knew what they were singing about I'm sure half of them would stop doing it and realise how disgusting it is. Thats presuming they have any form of human decency, which is doubtful.

JimBHibees
14-05-2011, 06:26 AM
they sing the songs because of their insecurities how spot on is that.

Drew
14-05-2011, 07:01 AM
For what it's worth, David Shiels was killed by the IRA in a case of mistaken identity - they thought (wrongly) that he was in the security forces. Bravo to Kenny Shiels for speaking up - for all the nonsense and despicable events of recent weeks, Neil Lennon has yet to experience sectarian violence as deeply the Shiels family did.

DaveF
14-05-2011, 07:39 AM
For what it's worth, David Shiels was killed by the IRA in a case of mistaken identity - they thought (wrongly) that he was in the security forces. Bravo to Kenny Shiels for speaking up - for all the nonsense and despicable events of recent weeks, Neil Lennon has yet to experience sectarian violence as deeply the Shiels family did.

It's not worth mentioning at all IMO.

There have many, many murders by ****bags on both sides - Men, Women and Children so I fail to see what your 'point' actually is.

Murder is murder - It makes no difference to the family who have been bereaved I'd have thought?

Drew
14-05-2011, 11:51 AM
It's not worth mentioning at all IMO.

There have many, many murders by ****bags on both sides - Men, Women and Children so I fail to see what your 'point' actually is.

Murder is murder - It makes no difference to the family who have been bereaved I'd have thought?

I don't really know what you didn't understand about my post. Perhaps I should have said "apparent case of mistaken identity", but the point I was making is obvious from the rest of it.