PDA

View Full Version : CC stay or go?

R'Albin
13-05-2011, 06:52 PM
It was suggested that I reinstate this poll, so I will!:greengrin

For the record I think cc should stay, but I just want to see what everyones opinion is.

sleeping giant
13-05-2011, 06:55 PM
FFF Not another bloody poll. How many do you need Ralban FFS.
Troublemaker :na na:

Dinkydoo
13-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I'll post this again then eh :greengrin

He's only just begun the rebuilding job he was employed to do so......no.

I think he should be given until next xmas before being sacked if we stil haven't improved.

MrSmith
13-05-2011, 07:01 PM
de-ja-vu lol ;)

As said previously: I had written off this season anyway. I kinda see it like an auditor coming into a business to find out the good, bad and indifferent, make recommendations enabling the current owners to make change and move forward.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-05-2011, 07:18 PM
He better get his act together during the close season and make sure he sign's the right players, he's got plenty time to do this and must get it right.

Frankly I am becoming more and more uninterested in Hibs due to this penny pinching board.

Sorry about the rant but after 51 years of following them the flame is slowly burning out.

:worried:

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Has anybody given any thought as to who they would replace him with?

IWasThere2016
13-05-2011, 07:22 PM
FFF Not another bloody poll. How many do you need Ralban FFS.
Troublemaker :na na:

Vote one way in one, and one in the other. Just pretend it is AV :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
13-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Steve Clarke or Alan Kernaghan.

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:24 PM
He better get his act together during the close season and make sure he sign's the right players, he's got plenty time to do this and must get it right.

Frankly I am becoming more and more uninterested in Hibs due to this penny pinching board.

Sorry about the rant but after 51 years of following them the flame is slowly burning out.

:worried:

Like me you're not going to give up now, we're getting to auld or to stupid to ken any better:greengrin

We've been through worse and this is just the latest instalment :devil:

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Steve Clarke or Alan Kernaghan.

And what experience has Steve Clarke got again?

And Alan Kernaghan for that matter?

Though we werent wanting rookies?

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:30 PM
A player's meeting to pick the team with some sort of even semi-structured order couldn't do any worse!

Yeah. That helps a lot.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 07:32 PM
With the way I feel just now about all things Hibs, where's the "don't care" option? :dunno:

jdships
13-05-2011, 07:35 PM
de-ja-vu lol ;)

As said previously: I had written off this season anyway. I kinda see it like an auditor coming into a business to find out the good, bad and indifferent, make recommendations enabling the current owners to make change and move forward.

That's it for me :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
13-05-2011, 07:39 PM
.. weren't ..

weren't - you need a grammar lesson, Kaiser :wink: :greengrin

The man needs time - Yogi got 3 windows and achieved Europe and the worst ever home form. His cup 'record' was poor also, and we were on the slide.

CC should get time, and he needs Board support also.

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:41 PM
weren't - you need a grammar lesson, Kaiser :wink: :greengrin

The man needs time - Yogi got 3 windows and achieved Europe and the worst ever home form. His cup 'record' was poor also, and we were on the slide.

CC should get time, and he needs Board support also.

:not worth

Thats cheered me up!

JimBHibees
13-05-2011, 07:44 PM
joke poll. How about a poll are some Hibs fans the worst on the planet.

Keith_M
13-05-2011, 07:45 PM
That's what we'll do, sack another second rate manager and replace him with.....

....yep, that's right, yet another second rate manager.

Tell me, how successful has that been after Mixu and then Yogi were "mutually consented"? Do you think the board are going to suddenly have an epiphany and work out what a good manager looks like. For that matter be willing to pay the kind of money it takes for a good manager?

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 07:48 PM
That's what we'll do, sack another second rate manager and replace him with.....

....yep, that's right, yet another second rate manager.

Tell me, how successful has that been after Mixu and then Yogi were "mutually consented"? Do you think the board are going to suddenly have an epiphany and work out what a good manager looks like. For that matter be willing to pay the kind of money it takes for a good manager?

Ancelloti might be available soon. Is he any good:dunno:

R'Albin
13-05-2011, 07:53 PM

I wasnt saying I want him to go, I was simply wondering what peoples opinions were.

Keith_M
13-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Ancelloti might be available soon. Is he any good:dunno:

Does he have his own web-site? Is his grammar, diction and vocabulary in any way suspect? Has he ever looked moody and lost on the touchline? Is he Hibs class?

Finally, has he been okayed by the fish-man whilst buying his steak bakes in Greggs?

These are all questions we MUST have the answer to first!!!!

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 07:55 PM

For the record I think cc should stay, but I just want to see what everyones opinion is.

You know it makes sense. ;)

There is no such thing as a useless poll. If a person deems a poll to be useless all they need to do is:
1. not open the thread, or
2. if the thread is already open, close the thread and never open it again, and
3. ignore the results.

I think everyone knows, or should know, that the results of these polls are not scientific and cannot be (or should not) be used as evidence to back up your opinion. But the results are interesting, especially if you make the results public. ;)

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2011, 07:56 PM

so why the noise up of a poll ?

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 07:57 PM
so why the noise up of a poll ?

A poll on its own causes no noise. If it's not your thing, ignore it and move along. There is FAR more noise caused by the daily "CC must go"-type threads.

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Why is it a joke poll? I think a joke poll would be more along the lines of:

Which do you prefer:
a. knock-knock,
b. am Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman...
c. "take my wife....please!"

No?

R'Albin
13-05-2011, 07:59 PM
You know it makes sense. ;)

There is no such thing as a useless poll. If a person deems a poll to be useless all they need to do is:
1. not open the thread, or
2. if the thread is already open, close the thread and never open it again, and
3. ignore the results.

I think everyone knows, or should know, that the results of these polls are not scientific and cannot be (or should not) be used as evidence to back up your opinion. But the results are interesting, especially if you make the results public. ;)

Exactly, and I forgot to !:greengrin

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Exactly, and I forgot to !:greengrin

Start a 3rd poll. You know that's exactly what the masses want!

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2011, 08:04 PM
A poll on its own causes no noise. If it's not your thing, ignore it and move along. There is FAR more noise caused by the daily "CC must go"-type threads.

aye and this poll imo gives the "cc must go" posters more firewood, so naw a wont move along

R'Albin
13-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Start a 3rd poll. You know that's exactly what the masses want!

:greengrin

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 08:16 PM
aye and this poll imo gives the "cc must go" posters more firewood, so naw a wont move along
I didn't ask you (personally) to move along. I suggested that people who have no interest in polls, or threads on ANY topic, avoid them.

It doesn't give anyone, on either side, any firewood at all. It just gives remote fans an opportunity to see how some Hibs fans feel in general without getting embroiled in a running street fight which many of these threads tend to do. The results should not be taken as absolute fact.

Makes sense to me.

erin go bragh
13-05-2011, 08:19 PM
At the end of january cc`s job was to keep us in the spl , job done so lets let him get his own players in and then judge him next season .
ggtth

Ernie Cobra
13-05-2011, 08:20 PM
has to stay, has to be given the chance, but i was never filled with enthusiasm with him getting the job. However we cant change managers like we are, need to have some stability. albeit his football is not pretty

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I didn't ask you (personally) to move along. I suggested that people who have no interest in polls, or threads on ANY topic, avoid them.

It doesn't give anyone, on either side, any firewood at all. It just gives remote fans an opportunity to see how some Hibs fans feel in general without getting embroiled in a running street fight which many of these threads tend to do. The results should not be taken as absolute fact.

Makes sense to me.

imo its a nonsense poll , that makes me an interested party to this thread, that is a fact

JimBHibees
13-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Why is it a joke poll? I think a joke poll would be more along the lines of:

Which do you prefer:
a. knock-knock,
b. am Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman...
c. "take my wife....please!"

No?

Boom, boom. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-05-2011, 08:29 PM

Gordon Strachan

:duck:

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Like me you're not going to give up now, we're getting to auld or to stupid to ken any better:greengrin

We've been through worse and this is just the latest instalment :devil:

:wink:

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
13-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Warning, if you attempt to post anything on here that does not tickle the funny bones of certain admins, it may be deleted.

I would like to state here and now that I intend from this point on to only post on serious matters, as per the new rules of Hibs.net.

I'll be gone for the evening and shall return tomorrow to see if I've been evicted. Farewell all.

:not worth

Judas Iscariot
13-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Aye..

I'd dae it :agree:

HNA6
13-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Warning, if you attempt to post anything on here that does not tickle the funny bones of certain admins, it may be deleted.

I would like to state here and now that I intend from this point on to only post on serious matters, as per the new rules of Hibs.net.

I'll be gone for the evening and shall return tomorrow to see if I've been evicted. Farewell all.

:not worthAw dry yer eyes eh ...:faf:..plenty funny threads on here ,,yours wasnt though ..

HibsMax
13-05-2011, 08:49 PM
imo its a nonsense poll , that makes me an interested party to this thread, that is a fact
That makes little sense to me but you read whatever nonsense you like. ;)

EDIT : by the way, I would be interested to hear why you think it's a nonsense poll? I mean, what's wrong with asking people to take a vote on something? I'm genuinely interested.

SmokieJoe
13-05-2011, 08:54 PM
:confused:Oops.. the thread question and the poll question are not the same, Admin, can you turn my vote to a stay, i may have clicked wrongly!!!!!:confused:

Westie1875
13-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Should have made it a public poll, that would have been interesting. :greengrin:devil:

And no, he should not be sacked.

HNA6
13-05-2011, 08:58 PM
:confused:Oops.. the thread question and the poll question are not the same, Admin, can you turn my vote to a stay, i may have clicked wrongly!!!!!:confused:Cant do that ..we dont want accused of fiddling wi the votes ..:greengrin

Piqué
13-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Stay. Needs one more transfer window at least surely.

MyJo
13-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Before he took over we were quite seriously contemplating the prospect of a relegation battle with a genuine fear that we would be the ones getting relegated.

He's done a patchwork job on the squad in January bringing in some decent players for the future in the shape of Palsson, Thornhill and Towell (if we can get him signed up), quick fixes in Scott and Sodje who have done the jobs they needed to do, ie kick anything that moves in midfield and get the ball in the back of the net and although there are question marks over Divis and Vaz Te they are short term deals and being given gametime to give them the opportunity to show they deserve a longer contract.

Thanks to his work we've gone from relegation candidates to being in with a shot of top 6 until just a couple of weeks before the split. We didn't make it but we're secure from being relegated and with the amount of upheaval in the squad to come over the summer and a bit of experimentation with the team from Calderwood in the last few week its fair to say the foot has been taken off the gas a bit and the season has been a write off since before Calderwood came in IMO so who can really blame them.

he has emptied an entire team of players that have all been almost universally panned by us for the past couple of years and i dont think anyone has shed any tears or disagreed with any of the decisions he has made on that front.

Players like Hanlon and Booth are in the first team on a regular basis since he took over with other youngsters getting blooded towards the end of the season and forming a big part of next seasons squad with more opportunities likely to be presented.

He seems to know what we are needing in the team based on the rumours of signing targets leaking out of the club, strength, pace and goalscorers.

all in all I dont think he has done too badly in just 6 or 7 months, yes the results haven't gone our way and some of the defeats we've endured are nothing short of embarrasing but i honestly dont think that even Jose Mourinho sitting in the dugout would be able to get any better results given the circumstances and players at his disposal.

roll on the summer and the clearing of the decks in preparation for a, hopefully fruitful transfer window and fresh season to follow.

Hank Schrader
13-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Before he took over we were quite seriously contemplating the prospect of a relegation battle with a genuine fear that we would be the ones getting relegated.

He's done a patchwork job on the squad in January bringing in some decent players for the future in the shape of Palsson, Thornhill and Towell (if we can get him signed up), quick fixes in Scott and Sodje who have done the jobs they needed to do, ie kick anything that moves in midfield and get the ball in the back of the net and although there are question marks over Divis and Vaz Te they are short term deals and being given gametime to give them the opportunity to show they deserve a longer contract.

Thanks to his work we've gone from relegation candidates to being in with a shot of top 6 until just a couple of weeks before the split. We didn't make it but we're secure from being relegated and with the amount of upheaval in the squad to come over the summer and a bit of experimentation with the team from Calderwood in the last few week its fair to say the foot has been taken off the gas a bit and the season has been a write off since before Calderwood came in IMO so who can really blame them.

he has emptied an entire team of players that have all been almost universally panned by us for the past couple of years and i dont think anyone has shed any tears or disagreed with any of the decisions he has made on that front.

Players like Hanlon and Booth are in the first team on a regular basis since he took over with other youngsters getting blooded towards the end of the season and forming a big part of next seasons squad with more opportunities likely to be presented.

He seems to know what we are needing in the team based on the rumours of signing targets leaking out of the club, strength, pace and goalscorers.

all in all I dont think he has done too badly in just 6 or 7 months, yes the results haven't gone our way and some of the defeats we've endured are nothing short of embarrasing but i honestly dont think that even Jose Mourinho sitting in the dugout would be able to get any better results given the circumstances and players at his disposal.

roll on the summer and the clearing of the decks in preparation for a, hopefully fruitful transfer window and fresh season to follow.

Absolutely spot on MyJo :top marks

Kaiser1962
13-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Aye..

I'd dae it :agree:

Your just after the pay off. :greengrin

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 12:55 AM

:top marks