PDA

View Full Version : Celtic and Hearts Face Sectarian Chant Charges

Sylar
13-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Glad to see the idiot who attacked Neil Lennon hasn't deflected from all of the other nonsense which was quite audible throughout the 90 minutes at Tynecastle:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/05/13/celtic-and-hearts-set-for-the-dock-over-bigoted-songs-during-night-of-hate-at-tynecastle-86908-23127142/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dccf21021ffef01%2C0

Celtic and Hearts being charged for their fans singing sectarian chants and the match report also noted the "pro-IRA" chanting from the Celtic fans.

The SPL are also looking into "scuffles" between Celtic fans, police and security personnel in the Roseburn stand.

BoltonHibee
13-05-2011, 09:30 AM
They are unlikely to take any action are they. Could you imagine the uproar if action was taken, as the SPL have done nothing with Rangers for similar offences.

Hibernia Na Eir
13-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Finally Hearts being broght to book:-

Red hand salutes/Red Hand flags/Nazi salutes/Billy Boy ditties/Up to their knees in Fenian blood ditties/various party ditties/numerous smoke bombs/hooligan fans/fans abusing players and managers and now boardroom staff (John Reid)......

All went unnoticed over the years.:confused:

Punish them hard.

Their £39k profit will be wiped out after this. Take note Romanov. You club reeks from top to bottom. Always has.:agree:

Frazerbob
13-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Footage of The Greatest Fans In The World attacking stewards & police with VERY loud IRA chants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebrjKfJ9f9M&feature=player_embedded#at=141

pacorosssco
13-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Footage of The Greatest Fans In The World attacking stewards & police with VERY loud IRA chants.

Celtic deserve to get hammered more than Hearts for this. What is worse. I think the above is worse than the attack on Lennon.

Sylar
13-05-2011, 10:14 AM

That was the incident I missed on the TV and heard on the radio when I nipped out on Wednesday night.

Shameful - I'd agree that the incident is worse than the Lennon one - one idiot vs a mob of hateful tims beating on police and security staff (their OWN security staff).

Cancerous club :agree:

easty
13-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Celtic deserve to get hammered more than Hearts for this. What is worse. I think the above is worse than the attack on Lennon.

Aye but this is one video from the Hearts end of the Celtic end. Did anyone in the Celtic end have a camera videoing the Yams fans and what they were doing?

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Aye but this is one video from the Hearts end of the Celtic end. Did anyone in the Celtic end have a camera videoing the Yams fans and what they were doing?

I don't think there have any reports of the Yams fighting with the stewards or police. Sure there were nasty shouts and loads of gestures but no violence I don't think.

Aldo
13-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Totally and utterly out of order. In view of this they should all be hunted down and banned from entering a football ground for life.

Loads of them jumping in and taking swipes at Police and stewards.

Heres one for you

For every Cat A game you must provide your details or have your details on a data base. Thats well and good if you are in your seat and causing bother. This sort of behaviour could and possibly should make you have your photo taken (and an up to date one at that) and if you cause bother then you will be identified through that.

Yes you could say its against your Human Rights but guys/gals doin their jobs dont deserve to be hassled like that by guys who cannot behave properly and thus putting loads of folk at risk from injury.

I wouldnt have a problem whatsoever providing a photograph to the club for that reason...this might make us ADULTS behave a bit better.

this is just my opinion on the matter.

JeMeSouviens
13-05-2011, 11:26 AM
"The fall-out from Gorgie is being investigated by the SPL and SFA after a night which shamed Scottish football across the globe."

"Hearts fans guilty of sectarian singing"

Wtf? The SPL and SFA suddenly grow a pair (of ears :wink:) the first time Der Hun aren't involved. Shockeroony. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2011, 11:42 AM
One of the quotes from the ******, its all a conspiracy you know?

rendo wrote:
Whilst I am ashamed of the Celtic supporters that have disgraced their club by doing this; it's funny how the SFA finally act on bigotry when it doesn't involve Rangers. They make me laugh; everyone knows we are mild in comparison to Rangers fans, yet what action did they take against Rangers fans for the sectarian singing at a major cup final, that would have been watched by far more fans around the world.

heretoday
13-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Nobody is ever going to get done for sectarian singing.

Dinkydoo
13-05-2011, 12:06 PM
One of the quotes from the ******, its all a conspiracy you know?

rendo wrote:
Whilst I am ashamed of the Celtic supporters that have disgraced their club by doing this; it's funny how the SFA finally act on bigotry when it doesn't involve Rangers. They make me laugh; everyone knows we are mild in comparison to Rangers fans, yet what action did they take against Rangers fans for the sectarian singing at a major cup final, that would have been watched by far more fans around the world.

I almost despise Celtic more than Rangers (almost, but not quite :wink:) for this "poor wee catholics getting picked on again" mentality, I wish they'd just stop deluding themselves that the whole bloody world is 'pro Rangers' or 'anti Celtic'.

The smellies, although not as bad as the Huns when it comes to secterian signing, they certainly don't do anything to try to rise above it all and defuse the situation - in fact, by complaining about every decision, bullying referee's and giving it the old "best fans in the word", it's quite the opposite.

The end result is wound up mentalists trying to send bombs and god knows else to NL and trying to assualt him on the sidelines.

Although being a whingy wee tit doesn't quite merit having a nail bomb explode in your face, it just makes matters so much worse.

Come on Celtic, do yourself a favour and cut out this victim mentality which is present from the bottom to the top of your establishment.

Luna_Asylum
13-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Nobody is ever going to get done for sectarian singing.

And I very much doubt Casper the 2nd will end up getting done for the "aggravated by religious prejudice" part of his charges

Aldo
13-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry they are as bad as each other and the Yams are not far behind (some minority sections).

Doesnt wear with me TBH.... they should all get hammered and if not then close their grounds.

Uefa have taken their stance against 1 side of the OF so at the end of the day the Smellies fans have nothing to gripe about.

Glad I dont support/follow any of the above TBH.

heretoday
13-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I almost despise Celtic more than Rangers (almost, but not quite :wink:) for this "poor wee catholics getting picked on again" mentality, I wish they'd just stop deluding themselves that the whole bloody world is 'pro Rangers' or 'anti Celtic'.

The smellies, although not as bad as the Huns when it comes to secterian signing, they certainly don't do anything to try to rise above it all and defuse the situation - in fact, by complaining about every decision, bullying referee's and giving it the old "best fans in the word", it's quite the opposite.

The end result is wound up mentalists trying to send bombs and god knows else to NL and trying to assualt him on the sidelines.

Although being a whingy wee tit doesn't quite merit having a nail bomb explode in your face, it just makes matters so much worse.

Come on Celtic, do yourself a favour and cut out this victim mentality which is present from the bottom to the top of your establishment.

I don't think Celtic as a club have a"victim" mentality. They are too big for that.

What they must do is reach out to Rangers and get friendly with them.

I'm sorry but it's the only way.

Tyler Durden
13-05-2011, 12:26 PM
And I very much doubt Casper the 2nd will end up getting done for the "aggravated by religious prejudice" part of his charges

And quite right too. Where's the evidence to say that had anything to do with him assaulting Lennon?

Maybe like most people in Scotland, he just thinks Lennon is a tube.

Luna_Asylum
13-05-2011, 12:30 PM
And quite right too. Where's the evidence to say that had anything to do with him assaulting Lennon?

I agree and I doubt there is any evidence - hence my opinion.

CropleyWasGod

.. and maybe he said something offensive when he attacked Lennon. You, and I, aren't in a position to say whether or not there is any evidence.

Sir David Gray

Disgraceful. :bitchy:

Aldo
13-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I think wot gets me about this vid is that there are dozens of them getting involved and stuck in. There is one of them running down the stairs to get involved.

I really do hope no one was hurt (and I mean Police or Stewards)

the more is see it the worse it looks

.Sean.
13-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Disgraceful. :bitchy:
:agree: It's absolutely deplorable FH.

Spitting on people? What an absolute abortion of a person that particular lowlife is.

GreenCastle
13-05-2011, 01:53 PM
http://youtu.be/8FOOJAC5ffg - be warned some strong language - also posted by a Rangers fan :confused:

http://youtu.be/qTGV_9xmGjc - Hearts fans singing Rule Britannia - with some interesting salutes and

http://youtu.be/pj0WWLGvxHU - more vile

Found these 3 after only a quick search - I am sure there are more out there :rolleyes:

Scottish Football / Culture has major problems.

There are many things that can be done (points deduction / fans ban / close areas of the PBS) but a simple thing would be to ban all national flags from stadiums.

Dinkydoo
13-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think Celtic as a club have a"victim" mentality. They are too big for that.

What they must do is reach out to Rangers and get friendly with them.

I'm sorry but it's the only way.

Don't apologise - even though the thought of being friendly with huns is enough to churn anyones stomach :wink: - it's a good idea, but one that would unfortunately, never be sustained IMO.

Hmmmmm not too sure about the "too big for that" comment to be honest, John Reid, Lennon and Hooper have all came out and said publically that they think Celtic get a harder time than anyone else from referee's this season.

However, if the star player, Manager and chairman all spout the same bollocks about not geting decisions then you can hardly blame the masses (no pun intended) for jumping on the proverbial bandwagon.

Frazerbob
13-05-2011, 03:00 PM
In the the interests of fair reporting, here is tHh reaction from the "notorious" Gorgie Loyal to the Celtic fans kicking off. Note the chants of "Rule Britania" and "U, U, UDA"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0WWLGvxHU&feature=related

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 03:07 PM
In the the interests of fair reporting, here is tHh reaction from the "notorious" Gorgie Loyal to the Celtic fans kicking off. Note the chants of "Rule Britania2 and "U, U, UDA"

They truly are the horrible side of Edinburgh.

Makes me extremely happy to have chosen to support Hibs all those years ago.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 03:18 PM
In the the interests of fair reporting, here is tHh reaction from the "notorious" Gorgie Loyal to the Celtic fans kicking off. Note the chants of "Rule Britania" and "U, U, UDA"

Not too sure that anyone can (or should) be punished for singing Rule Britannia but any songs in support of the UDA (a banned terrorist organisation) are completely unacceptable.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Not too sure that anyone can (or should) be punished for singing Rule Britannia but any songs in support of the UDA (a banned terrorist organisation) are completely unacceptable.

Wouldn't matter if they were only singing ring a ring a roses. They are still vile. :agree:

SkintHibby
13-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Correct!

I cannot stand Lennon and could not care less what religion he is.

Martin O'Neill is an Irish Catholic but I did not remember people venting their hatred for him when he was Celtic manager.:rolleyes:

Dirkster23
13-05-2011, 04:05 PM

You don't know what he said to the police when being interviewed. There must be some evidence suggesting it was based on religion or they wouldn't have charged him with it.

hibiedude
13-05-2011, 04:15 PM
This video doesn’t tell us anything new and I agree with the view that this is worse than Lennon being attacked, but the media don’t want to talk about the Celtic supporters because they are the best supporters in the world. :wink:

The Glasgow media only want to talk about Scotland’s shame- it’s not our shame that’s ruining Scottish football the old-firm ruined it years ago

The amount of rubbish being printed about Lennon being a victim is laughable because he brought all this bullets, bombs and now being attacked on himself.

brog
13-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Shoot me down if you like but while I want Yams to lose every single game I feel a tad sorry for their many decent fans in this debacle. Of course they have some morons in their support & possibly more than any other club outside Rantic, but to compare them to the OF is laughable. I've lost count of the violence I've seen at Hibs games perpetrated by either of the uglies & I now rarely attend any OF fixture, I loathe everything to do with them.
Of course the antics of this one idiot allows our pathetic press to break off from their slavish adoration of the OF & utter sanctimonious slaverings about Scotland's shame. Utter garbage, get rid of the OF & the problem goes with it, the hatred & the nonsense withers without the daily feeding frenzy. Please, please can some league take them!!!

GreenCastle
13-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Shoot me down if you like but while I want Yams to lose every single game I feel a tad sorry for their many decent fans in this debacle. Of course they have some morons in their support & possibly more than any other club outside Rantic, but to compare them to the OF is laughable. I've lost count of the violence I've seen at Hibs games perpetrated by either of the uglies & I now rarely attend any OF fixture, I loathe everything to do with them.
Of course the antics of this one idiot allows our pathetic press to break off from their slavish adoration of the OF & utter sanctimonious slaverings about Scotland's shame. Utter garbage, get rid of the OF & the problem goes with it, the hatred & the nonsense withers without the daily feeding frenzy. Please, please can some league take them!!!

I do agree all teams have elements of vile.

The old firm are a massive problem within Scottish Football and no one knows what to do about it / them.

They have been getting away with it for years but only recently with youtube videos / social media have people realised how often it happens.

What are realistic solutions ?

johnbc70
13-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Would like to see Lawells response to this. No doubt he will be silent.

snooky
13-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the FA for calling Howard Webb "the best referee in the country".

The world's gone insane. Thousands of people chant obscenities in chorus every week an a guy gets charged for praising a referee. Go figure!????????

We, as a nation, deserve all we get because we've let the 'blue'n'tics' take over the asylum.

Hibby D
13-05-2011, 05:09 PM
This video doesn’t tell us anything new and I agree with the view that this is worse than Lennon being attacked, but the media don’t want to talk about the Celtic supporters because they are the best supporters in the world. :wink:

The Glasgow media only want to talk about Scotland’s shame- it’s not our shame that’s ruining Scottish football the old-firm ruined it years ago

The amount of rubbish being printed about Lennon being a victim is laughable because he brought all this bullets, bombs and now being attacked on himself.

Sorry but that's just wrong! Nothing, and I mean nothing, warrants Neil Lennon and his family being the targets of such vile behaviour!

He's a torn faced ****-stirrer yes so maybe a gag during press conferences to give all our ears a break, but attempted murder???? Assault??? Nope, totally wrong!

GreenCastle
13-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the FA for calling Howard Webb "the best referee in the country".

The world's gone insane. Thousands of people chant obsenities in chorus every week an a guy gets charged for praising a referee. Go figure!????????

We, as a nation, we deserve all we get because we've let the 'blue'n'tics' take over the asylum.

Pretty true - the people running Scottish Football are old firm biased and so blinded to really see the state of the game on and off the pitch.

skipster7
13-05-2011, 05:39 PM

The world's gone insane. Thousands of people chant obsenities in chorus every week an a guy gets charged for praising a referee. Go figure!????????

We, as a nation, we deserve all we get because we've let the 'blue'n'tics' take over the asylum.
fergie want on to say that chelsea had a lot of luck in the other games and hoped it was utds turn for "luck " this weekend.i think thats what they took exception to.

hibiedude
13-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry but that's just wrong! Nothing, and I mean nothing, warrants Neil Lennon and his family being the targets of such vile behaviour!

He's a torn faced ****-stirrer yes so maybe a gag during press conferences to give all our ears a break, but attempted murder???? Assault??? Nope, totally wrong!

Any normal person would take a step back and look at their own behaviour and see if they might have contributed to the problems Lennon is facing at present, but No Lennon starts to come out with rubbish claiming other teams are not trying when they play Rangers.

Any sane guy been through what Lennon has had to suffer would have kept a low profile don’t you think?

And were did I say attempted murder and assault was acceptable? what I said was Lennon brought this on himself.

Greentinted
13-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I do agree all teams have elements of vile.

The old firm are a massive problem within Scottish Football and no one knows what to do about it / them.

They have been getting away with it for years but only recently with youtube videos / social media have people realised how often it happens.

What are realistic solutions ?

Solutions can either be directed by those who administrate our game or emanate from people who feel moved to address the problem properly. It is clear that, hitherto, the former has been disappointing at best so surely the member clubs can deliver an ultimatum to the governing bodies.

ALL non-OF/Hearts (as lets not kid ourselves and distill their profligate, sectarian credentials into a 'minority' and underestimate the scale of their increasingly significant poisonous problem) clubs could threaten to withdraw the playing personnel from the pitch if there is ANY sectarian behaviour (religious or political) manifest in the stands relinquishing the points to them (no big deal as the Glasgow Bigots win most of their games by fair means or foul anyway) and actually do it when the inevitable happens. If all member clubs subscribed to this they automatically claim the power-base as without us there is no competition leaving the Bigot Triplets in a major quandry. I would aver that it would never come to that as it affords the real football supporter the opportunity to stand up and walk the walk instead of all the behind screen hand-wringing and proxy indignation.

It's time to be rigorously re-active to this cancerous scourge and adopt a zero-tolerance attitude to it instead of just talking the talk.
Perhaps this seems a tad fanciful and would no doubt be fraught with problems, but why not do something radical and very public which would highlight and embarrass Rangers, Celtic and Hearts as Scotland's Sectarian Shame and the SFA, SPL, various police forces and the Scottish Government if need be into some kind of action - action which they should have taken a long long time ago.

Hibs Class
13-05-2011, 06:22 PM
fergie want on to say that chelsea had a lot of luck in the other games and hoped it was utds turn for "luck " this weekend.i think thats what they took exception to.

FA rules are that managers cannot talk about refs before a game. That's why he's been charged, regardless of what he said or what anyone thinks he really meant by what he said.

one day maybe...
13-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I have advocted for years that the only way for the authorities to eradicate this problem is by the way of a points deduction. If the so called good fans that attend these games sang their vile ditties, then they would ultimately know the damage that they were doing to the clubs they supposedly support. The loss of three points in any game they partake, when these songs can be heard loud and clear should be mandatory, sing the songs understand the consequences.

I am not on about two or ten numpties trying to sing these songs, but when it is sung on mass and can be clearly heard then the points should be deducted. The powers that be can sanction this but they won't, hopefully though UEFA will do the SFA's job for them.
There is no place for bigotry in football, just as there is no room for any other forms of discrimination.

crash
13-05-2011, 06:36 PM

A Yam I know was at the match with his son and he left after Lennon was attacked. He said the scenes were the worst he had witnessed at a football match, there was fighting in all four stands, loads of families were leaving at that point. A guy behind him was singing anti-catholic songs all through the game, eventually he turned round to him and asked him what his songs had to do with football, the reply was "If you dont like it ****** off to Easter Road!."

IWasThere2016
13-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Haven't seen the YouTube vid - I'll look later - is it as vile as the Huns in Manchester? What did the Scottish authorities do about that?

Hibby D
13-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Any normal person would take a step back and look at their own behaviour and see if they might have contributed to the problems Lennon is facing at present, but No Lennon starts to come out with rubbish claiming other teams are not trying when they play Rangers.

Any sane guy been through what Lennon has had to suffer would have kept a low profile don’t you think?

And were did I say attempted murder and assault was acceptable? what I said was Lennon brought this on himself.

You didn't say it was acceptable and I didn't accuse you of saying that!

What you said (twice now) is that he brought this on himself. No he didn't! Sectarian bigots and a lowlife Hertz fan brought it on him. I'm sorry but I just can't make the leap that a few well chosen gripes (whether they be designed to annoy or not) in any way justifies the actions of any of these lowlifes towards Lennon or his family.

Anyway what are 'letter bombs and being attacked by a radge hertz fan' if they aren't "attempted murder and assault"?

Solutions can either be directed by those who administrate our game or emanate from people who feel moved to address the problem properly. It is clear that, hitherto, the former has been disappointing at best so surely the member clubs can deliver an ultimatum to the governing bodies.

ALL non-OF/Hearts (as lets not kid ourselves and distill their profligate, sectarian credentials into a 'minority' and underestimate the scale of their increasingly significant poisonous problem) clubs could threaten to withdraw the playing personnel from the pitch if there is ANY sectarian behaviour (religious or political) manifest in the stands relinquishing the points to them (no big deal as they win most of their games by fair means or foul anyway) and actually do it when the inevitable happens. If all member clubs subscribed to this they automatically claim the power-base as without us there is no competition leaving the Bigot Triplets in a major quandry. I would aver that it would never come to that as it affords the real football supporter the opportunity to stand up and walk the walk instead of all the behind screen hand-wringing and proxy indignation.

It's time to be rigorously re-active to this cancerous scourge and adopt a zero-tolerance attitude to it instead of just talking the talk.
Perhaps this seems a tad fanciful and would no doubt be fraught with problems, but why not do something radical and very public which would highlight and embarrass Rangers, Celtic and Hearts as Scotland's Sectarian Shame and the SFA, SPL, various police forces and the Scottish Government if need be into some kind of action - action which they should have taken a long long time ago.

All excellent suggestions :top marks and exactly the same as I suggested earlier this evening whilst discussing the same issue on another forum. It's up to us now but we can't do it without the backing of the clubs and the SFA :agree:

Smiggy 7-0
13-05-2011, 08:58 PM
footage of the greatest fans in the world attacking stewards & police with very loud ira chants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebrjkfj9f9m&feature=player_embedded#at=141

absolutely disgraceful
spl have to take action against **** like this

Smiggy 7-0
13-05-2011, 09:00 PM
http://youtu.be/8foojac5ffg - be warned some strong language - also posted by a rangers fan :confused:

http://youtu.be/qtgv_9xmgjc - hearts fans singing rule britannia - with some interesting salutes and

http://youtu.be/pj0wwlgvxhu - more vile

found these 3 after only a quick search - i am sure there are more out there :rolleyes:

Scottish football / culture has major problems.

There are many things that can be done (points deduction / fans ban / close areas of the pbs) but a simple thing would be to ban all national flags from stadiums.

some more disgusting footage.

Both lots should be hammered.

Gatecrasher
13-05-2011, 09:10 PM
all 3 videos in nj hibees post have been removed :hmmm:

(or at least they are no longer working for me)

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 09:12 PM

How about singing Rule Britannia with your right arm raised out straight like that? Punishable? I think so.
After their forefathers falling in 2 world wars as well. Were they showing solidarity with the Celtic fans' 'disgusting' poppy day protest?

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 09:16 PM

I would agree with that by and large but their disease is spreading.

snooky
13-05-2011, 09:36 PM
As far as Scottish football goes, I think we've almost hit the bottom of the pit this season.
e.g. Quality of play :boo hoo:/crowd trouble :tin hat:/toothless SFA :hide:/pricing :bandit:/refereeing standards :clown:/10 team league :crazy:/glezgy polis :sairhead:/stewarding :asshole: .... where do I stop?

Major surgery required NOW ..... or we're doomed, I tell you.

Horse
13-05-2011, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=Hibby D;2801472]You didn't say it was acceptable and I didn't accuse you of saying that!

What you said (twice now) is that he brought this on himself. No he didn't! Sectarian bigots and a lowlife Hertz fan brought it on him. I'm sorry but I just can't make the leap that a few well chosen gripes (whether they be designed to annoy or not) in any way justifies the actions of any of these lowlifes towards Lennon or his family.

Anyway what are 'letter bombs and being attacked by a radge hertz fan' if they aren't "attempted murder and assault"?

Very true. It's not Lennon's fault that inbred mutants send him parcel bombs and attack him on the pitch, it's those mutants that are responsible for their own pathetic actions. I agree that Lennon is extremely annoying in football terms and would say that any football related "banter" he receives during games is justified due to his football persona- I'm sure Lennon doesn't mind taking a bit of stick from normal football fans who rib him, that's the nature of the game, a bit like a pantomime we all have our heros and villains. What is totally unacceptable is the sectarian violence and crap that is aimed at Lennon and to say Lennon deserves that is just wrong. To somehow vindicate the **** that perpetrate these crimes by suggesting the Lennon has brought it on himself is just ridiculous. Neil Lennon has been a victim of countless sectarian incidents, all shameful and none of them can be justified in any way. Christ the guy done a great job for Northern Ireland and had to quit due to death threats. There is no place in society, let alone football for the **** that follow Rangers, Celtic and Hearts (apologies to the Jambos I know who aren't like the **** who shamed you the other night), unfortunately I can't see them disappearing from football or society any time soon.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 10:11 PM
How about singing Rule Britannia with your right arm raised out straight like that? Punishable? I think so.
After their forefathers falling in 2 world wars as well. Were they showing solidarity with the Celtic fans' 'disgusting' poppy day protest?

If they were doing Nazi salutes then they should be prosecuted, regardless of what they were or were not singing.

The person I replied to seemed to be suggesting that their "crime" was singing Rule Britannia, he didn't mention any salute or gesture being made, and all I said was that someone could not be punished for singing Rule Britannia.

hibsbollah
13-05-2011, 10:11 PM
As far as Scottish football goes, I think we've almost hit the bottom of the pit this season.
e.g. Quality of play :boo hoo:/crowd trouble :tin hat:/toothless SFA :hide:/pricing :bandit:/refereeing standards :clown:/10 team league :crazy:/glezgy polis :sairhead:/stewarding :asshole: .... where do I stop?

Major surgery required NOW ..... or we're doomed, I tell you.

Best use of assorted smilies award. Ever. 10/10.

Tyler Durden
13-05-2011, 10:13 PM
.. and maybe he said something offensive when he attacked Lennon. You, and I, aren't in a position to say whether or not there is any evidence.

Fair point. Personally I just find it annoying that much of the distate for Lennon is attributed to sectarianism when actually folk just think he's a cock.

Clearly bullets, bombs etc is another matter but the general loathing of the man from non OF fans is due to his own behaviour over a period of 10 years.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 10:22 PM
If they were doing Nazi salutes then they should be prosecuted, regardless of what they were or were not singing.

The person I replied to seemed to be suggesting that their "crime" was singing Rule Britannia, he didn't mention any salute or gesture being made, and all I said was that someone could not be punished for singing Rule Britannia.

You pasted the video evidence in your reply - I naturally assumed you had viewed it.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 10:25 PM
You pasted the video evidence in your reply - I naturally assumed you had viewed it.

I did. After I had posted my comments.

My mistake.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I did. After I had posted my comments.

My mistake.

You viewed the video you quoted only after you had attached it to your comment?

Lesson to be learned there for all of us.

Pete
13-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Absolute tripe.

I'm sick to the back teeth of reading comments like this. He's done nothing but show passion for his club and play football mind games and he deserves bullets, bombs and assaults??

I suppose it's his own fault for not "adjusting his behaviour". Bollocks...it's the people who are offended by his "actions" that need to adjust their behaviour.
The fact is that he is everything they hate personified: An outspoken Norhern Irish catholic who is a republican and who is also blessed with the typically Irish ginger hair and green eyes. It makes their orange blood boil.

Open your eyes and see that anti-catholic bigotry is rife in Scotland. In my line of work I hear conversations, songs and chants nearly every week that disgust me...and it's all one-way.

All this stuff about the Celtic fans scuffles with the police being worse than a fan running onto the pitch and assaulting a manager is also crap. It's not good but it doesn't even compare considering there are scuffles like that in grounds every week up and down Britain. Maybe they were reacting to their manager being assaulted?

These videos also prove that simply getting rid of the old firm isn't the answer. You'd have to lump Hearts in with them.

Getting rid of anti-catholic bigotry would be a start but it's probably too ingrained in our culture for anyone to even aknowledge it. They prefer to refer to it as an "old-firm" problem. If this issue was tackled then you never know, Celtic and their supporters might stop "acting" like victims.

snooky
13-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Best use of assorted smilies award. Ever. 10/10.
:blushie:

Greentinted
13-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Was sent this video in an email which highlights exactly what's being discussed on this thread, taken from the odious 'Section N' during Wednesdays bigot-fest. It leaves little doubt as to the extent of the problem Hearts should be addressing and of course we all know about the poor wee victims fi Darkheid they are goading; both as bad as each other. (In an ironic twist which says so much there is a gentleman who goes by the sobriquet 'Bigot' making an appearance in the foreground)

THE BLOCKED U-BEND OF THE RANCID TOILET THAT IS TYNECASTLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0WWLGvxHU)

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 12:14 AM
My mate in Canada has just sent me an email, asking wtf is going on. The fact that the news has reached him, someone who only has a passing interest in fitba, is depressing enough. I tried to rationalise it for him, and that just made it even more depressing.... this is my response to him...

where do I start?

I've had a few tonight, so I may ramble a bit.

Welcome to the 21st Century Scotland. Whilst the nasties in Northern Ireland have put their guns down, and are actually talking to each other, bigotry is still alive and well in good ole Caledonia.

Neil Lennon is a wee *****. He was a moaning ***** as a player, and has continued that as a manager. He has played all the paranoid cards that the so-called "Celtic-minded" play in football terms... we are oppressed by the Protestant establishment and we will sing whatever we want to celebrate our Irish origins, even if that does glorify the freedom fighters that fight for our dear country....blah blah blah.

However, he's had death threats, bullets in the post and a parcel bomb. He's had the courage to speak out, against the backdrop of the macho Scottish culture, about his battle with depression. He is also, according to people that know him, quite a decent guy "in real life".

..... all this over ****ing fitba????

Outside of Glasgow, we tend to be a bit smug about the sectarian stuff.... "it's a weegie problem, Rangers and Celtic are two cheeks of the same arse". And then this muppet does this the other night,..... in one fell swoop labelling all Hearts supporters as Orange *******s and, by the same twisted logic, all Hibbies as diet-fenians.

The fact that you have commented on it from afar, and that it has been national news in the UK, makes me think that we are now seen as a neanderthal and intolerant country....

The way I am feeling, as a passionate football man and Scot, that's a pretty fair assessment just now. On the back of the election, when we seem to have had the courage to stand up and say "actually, we're sick of the status quo and being an add-on to the English establishment", one week later we're ***** again.

Two hundred years ago, we shipped all our anti-social elements off to Oz. Maybe it's time to resurrect that. Problem is, who would actually take these ******s??

Be happy you are where you are..... :0)

Removed
14-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Was sent this video in an email which highlights exactly what's being discussed on this thread, taken from the odious 'Section N' during Wednesdays bigot-fest. It leaves little doubt as to the extent of the problem Hearts should be addressing and of course we all know about the poor wee victims fi Darkheid they are goading; both as bad as each other. (In an ironic twist which says so much there is a gentleman who goes by the sobriquet 'Bigot' making an appearance in the foreground)

THE BLOCKED U-BEND OF THE RANCID TOILET THAT IS TYNECASTLE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0WWLGvxHU)

Fairly shocked by that tbh. And police standing not more that 20 feet away. Why are they there if they are not going to tell these idiots to sit down and shut up unless they are going to support their team? If they don't then start arresting them.

That's Where the problem lies. Let's get the police to start enforcing the announcements that are made at EVERY game about bigotry and racism else what's the point of even saying it. If it doesn't stop then close that section down.

monktonharp
14-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Fairly shocked by that tbh. And police standing not more that 20 feet away. Why are they there if they are not going to tell these idiots to sit down and shut up unless they are going to support their team? If they don't then start arresting them.

That's Where the problem lies. Let's get the police to start enforcing the announcements that are made at EVERY game about bigotry and racism else what's the point of even saying it. If it doesn't stop then close that section down. my thoughts too, after watching a few of the clips, never saw any polis action at the roseburn melee, and only a young rookie polis staring at the facist morons in the pondlife section o' gorgie.

joebakerforever
14-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Lets be realistic about what the polis could do in these circumstances when they appeared to be significantly outnumbered by the criminal elements from both clubs.

Just like the mass rioting in London when the Union march was hijacked by the anarchists, containment was more feasible than mass arrests for the cops at the time.

However afterwards, by acting on video evidence, some of the prominent offenders were identified, arrested and charged.

Well if L & B, & Strathclyde polis care to browse the video stuff appearing on the web, I'm sure they could be giving some of these neds an early morning courtesy call .

GreenCastle
14-05-2011, 01:40 AM
all 3 videos in nj hibees post have been removed :hmmm:

(or at least they are no longer working for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTGV_9xmGjc&feature=related

I agree with several posts on here about the authorities have to take more control.

The people who are in charge of football in Scotland and the police.

I would ban fans from stadiums / ban areas of the stadium which are likely to lead to trouble. Ban flags and any racist / sectarian singing etc be zero tolerance. Minority or majority it doesn't matter. Fine the clubs and then lets see how they react.

Scottish football is in it's on little bubble with press coverage but people have to act as the game has just been full of controversy recently. I would come out with a new campaign for 2011 - 2012 season during the summer.

The news was worldwide - I've had people asking me what is going on and it's made the game even more of a laughing stock :rolleyes:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/05/12/portlands-spencer-attack-celtic-manager-embarrassing-scots

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTGV_9xmGjc&feature=related

Did I see Nazi salutes in the rule brittania video? :confused: Or am I just looking for these kind of things? :greengrin

Sodje_18
14-05-2011, 01:49 AM
About ****ing time the SFA take action, this will cause an uproar though and septic will moan about the huns not getting the book thrown at them for all their sectarian singing. All 3 of them deserve massive fines, points deducted and certain games behind closed doors imo, absolutely disgusting.

GreenCastle
14-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Did I see Nazi salutes in the rule brittania video? :confused: Or am I just looking for these kind of things? :greengrin

First 15 secs looks like it..

If you ever go to Tynie to see the yams v Hibs - Section N always has fans giving them out - not quite sure why it's never delt with and if the people involved actually know what they are even doing ? :rolleyes:

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Absolute tripe.

I'm sick to the back teeth of reading comments like this. He's done nothing but show passion for his club and play football mind games and he deserves bullets, bombs and assaults??

I suppose it's his own fault for not "adjusting his behaviour". Bollocks...it's the people who are offended by his "actions" that need to adjust their behaviour.
The fact is that he is everything they hate personified: An outspoken Norhern Irish catholic who is a republican and who is also blessed with the typically Irish ginger hair and green eyes. It makes their orange blood boil.

Open your eyes and see that anti-catholic bigotry is rife in Scotland. In my line of work I hear conversations, songs and chants nearly every week that disgust me...and it's all one-way.

All this stuff about the Celtic fans scuffles with the police being worse than a fan running onto the pitch and assaulting a manager is also crap. It's not good but it doesn't even compare considering there are scuffles like that in grounds every week up and down Britain. Maybe they were reacting to their manager being assaulted?

These videos also prove that simply getting rid of the old firm isn't the answer. You'd have to lump Hearts in with them.

Getting rid of anti-catholic bigotry would be a start but it's probably too ingrained in our culture for anyone to even aknowledge it. They prefer to refer to it as an "old-firm" problem. If this issue was tackled then you never know, Celtic and their supporters might stop "acting" like victims.

Sorry I don't go in for rubbishing other peoples opinions

You say He's done nothing wrong but show passion for his club… he accuses other teams of not trying when they play the Huns, he verbally and physically attacks the officials and other mangers on the touchline you might call that passion I call it stupidly.

And if its passion why don’t we see other mangers getting in to trouble in the SPL- surly they passionate about there clubs.

And let me make this clear, getting Bullets and Bombs and death threats is totally unacceptable in any walk of life.

Yes I do believe Lennon has brought this trouble on himself, I’m not saying its right but he has played his part no question.

Celtic had Martin O’Neil as Manager and never got this flack, surly it just can’t be down to because he’s outspoken Northern Irish catholic who is a republican and who is also blessed with the typically Irish ginger hair and green eyes.

I think it’s more to do with O’Neil having the savvy to handle the pressure better than Lennon, O’Neil on and off the field was a totally professional something Lennon lacks.

I live in the west so my eyes are constantly open :greengrin and anti-Catholic bigotry where I live and work is rife I never said it doesn’t happen else’s where but lets not put Edinburgh and Glasgow in the same bracket.

Getting rid of anti-Catholic bigotry will never happen because as you correctly say, it’s ingrained in their culture unfortunately and it should have been dealt with long time ago.

Let’s go down the point’s deduction route because I will show that the trouble we have seen off late won’t be tolerated under any circumstances. Fining clubs like the old firm have no impact were taking points off them or any other club will.

Aldo
14-05-2011, 07:58 AM
First 15 secs looks like it..

If you ever go to Tynie to see the yams v Hibs - Section N always has fans giving them out - not quite sure why it's never delt with and if the people involved actually know what they are even doing ? :rolleyes:

Nazi salutes/red hands doesnt make any difference. There is a minority in every support but this has gone to far. Has someone sent the vid to the SFA/Neil Doncaster or the boy Regan.

O and wot does a Red Hand of Ulster ie the NI flag have to do with Hearts????

Rankgers have had their fans banned and their ground closed for sectarianism so why shouldnt the Yams.

Friends of mine are Yams (yes I have friends) and they are season ticket holders. They got up and left (along with 6 year old son and 9 year old niece) and have sent a letter to Mad Vlad telling him they want a refund of next seasons ST's they had bought just last week.

They are staunch Yams and would never of expected this from them. They see their world through maroon tinted specks and there is no if's but's or maybe's. They are totally and utterly ashamed at the scenes both inside and outside the ground and really feared for their own and kids safety...and thats just from their own fans.

Football has gone back to the 80's and its only a matter of time before someone is serious hurt or killed as a result of this.

Fantic
14-05-2011, 08:21 AM

He's the manager of a football team, why should him and his family live in constant fear. The sustained campaign against him by large sections of Scotland is disgraceful, this isn't ****n Bosnia and if him or his family are hurt/ killed or forced out of Scotland they'll have brought it on themselves right enough:rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
14-05-2011, 10:17 AM
He's the manager of a football team, why should him and his family live in constant fear. The sustained campaign against him by large sections of Scotland is disgraceful, this isn't ****n Bosnia and if him or his family are hurt/ killed or forced out of Scotland they'll have brought it on themselves right enough:rolleyes:

No, believing that there has been a "sustained" campaign against him by a significant proportion of the country is deluded IMO.

How have we managed to go from a few idiots trying to send him parcel bombs to there being a large proportion of the country 'out to get him'......

Jesus Christ, has Lennon not managed to pull of the switcheroo of the century?

Gone from abusing officials - physically and verbally - to the point where one has handed in thier resignation, repeatedly suggest that the whole country is against
him and his club and pretty much come out and call all Jambos mini huns in the media, to being the poor guy who has been through hell, is only showing passion for his club and just so happens to be a NI Catholic.....etc, etc

I'm not in any way justifying explosives being sent to anyone because that is just wrong but this whole situation seems to remind me of the school yard bully, who pushes his luck time and time again until some idiot decided to retlaliate by doing something aggressive back.

The bully then goes running greeting to the teachers and all of a sudden become the poor little soul who has been being pick on.

It's obvious (to most people anyway) that both sides are wrong but the guy who has went from tormentor to victim doesn't suddenly have the sun shinning out of thier arse either.

This post isn't entirely aimed at you btw but, as a nation we tend to try to label everything we can as being black or white, and life in general certainly is not.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Wrong, He's the manager of Celtic Football club in case you haven’t noticed; there is a difference both Managers know what the implications are when they take on this job.

Why Does Walter Smith never gets involved in the nonsense that Lennon does?
It simply goes back to Lennon antics on and off the field.

If Lennon or his family get hurt, let’s hope that doesn’t happen, but if it does then he would have played a part.

And Remember being the Manager of the old firm is not the same as managing any another team in the UK because of the religious element because the consequences on the terraces and on the streets could mean someone losing their life and not just Lennon’s life.

Fantic
14-05-2011, 10:45 AM
nah, sorry there's something wrong when someone is targetted with bombs, bullets etc , they're family are under police protection, and half the country is saying he brought on himself.

Betty Boop
14-05-2011, 10:56 AM
nah, sorry there's something wrong when someone is targetted with bombs, bullets etc , they're family are under police protection, and half the country is saying he brought on himself.

:agree: Absolutely, sinister IMO.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Off course its wrong no one is saying any different but you can’t say that one day half the country woke up one morning and decided to make Lennon’s life a misery.

So you have to ask yourself, why now and why Neil Lennon, why not Walter Smith.

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Wrong, He's the manager of Celtic Football club in case you haven’t noticed; there is a difference both Managers know what the implications are when they take on this job.

Why Does Walter Smith never gets involved in the nonsense that Lennon does?
It simply goes back to Lennon antics on and off the field.

If Lennon or his family get hurt, let’s hope that doesn’t happen, but if it does then he would have played a part.

And Remember being the Manager of the old firm is not the same as managing any another team in the UK because of the religious element because the consequences on the terraces and on the streets could mean someone losing their life and not just Lennon’s life.

Unbelievable.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Unbelievable.

Why not comment on the other points made :confused:

Why not give your opinion on why Lennon is facing the problems he is at present.

Why has no other old firm manager been threatened ever in the manner Lennon has?

Do you not think these points are valid?

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Why not comment on the other points made :confused:

Why not give your opinion on why Lennon is facing the problems he is at present.

Why has no other old firm manager been threatened ever in the manner Lennon has?

Do you not think these points are valid?

You didn't make any points worth replying to. You say that because Neil Lennon gets this and no one else does he must have done something to justify it, you haven't said what.

I'm interested to hear what you think he's done to deserve it though, do have a go.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 02:53 PM
You didn't make any points worth replying to. You say that because Neil Lennon gets this and no one else does he must have done something to justify it, you haven't said what.

I'm interested to hear what you think he's done to deserve it though, do have a go.

I gave reasons above why not read them?

And why do I want to have go, :confused: I leave that to people still at school :greengrin

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 03:07 PM
I gave reasons above why not read them?

And why do I want to have go, :confused: I leave that to people still at school :greengrin

Because trying to justify a football manager being sent bombs is quite a task, even if you're really old and experienced, and congratulations on being born before me, good job. It's as shame you haven't used your time to grasp any sense of how people should be treated.

Dinkydoo
14-05-2011, 03:15 PM

I didn't say there wasn't, in fact I pretty much said the same: I'm not in any way justifying explosives being sent to anyone because that is just wrong

You really have to ask yourself why "half the country are saying he brought it on himself" then don't you?

There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding on here on the difference between saying "he's brought it upon himself by his idiotic behaviour." and "He deserves it.".

There is a difference

FWIW, I don't think anyone on here is saying he does deserve it - you'd have to be a real fruit loop to think he does - but there seems to be an element of posters absolutely dying to jump on the first person who doesny sympathise with him.

It's quite sad really.

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I didn't say there wasn't, in fact I pretty much said the same: I'm not in any way justifying explosives being sent to anyone because that is just wrong

You really have to ask yourself why "half the country are saying he brought it on himself" then don't you?

There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding on here on the difference between saying "he's brought it upon himself by his idiotic behaviour." and "He deserves it.".

There is a difference

FWIW, I don't think anyone on here is saying he does deserve it - you'd have to be a real fruit loop to think he does - but there seems to be an element of posters absolutely dying to jump on the first person who doesny sympathise with him.

It's quite sad really.

How does saying he's brought it on himself differ from saying he deserves it? If you think he's brought it on himself you must think that what's going on is proportionate retribution for what he's done himself, which is essentially the same thing.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Because trying to justify a football manager being sent bombs is quite a task, even if you're really old and experienced, and congratulations on being born before me, good job. It's as shame you haven't used your time to grasp any sense of how people should be treated.

I’m not trying to justify anything mate, but the facts are managing Celtic or Rangers must be the hardest job in world football because of the sectarian elements that follow both clubs.

Having said that why any manager would make it harder for themselves in the manner Neil Lennon has is beyond me.

As for me been born before you, that something you’ll need to take up with my Dad because I had know say in it. :greengrin

As a father of 3 boys I have no difficulty knowing how to treat people

And for the record 50 is not old :wink:

Dinkydoo
14-05-2011, 03:24 PM
How does saying he's brought it on himself differ from saying he deserves it? If you think he's brought it on himself you must think that what's going on is proportionate retribution for what he's done himself, which is essentially the same thing.

:confused:

He's brought is on himself refers to him making stupid decisions which were bound to cause some kind of trouble; entirely different from saying he deserves it.

Similar to the phrase, 'he's done himsel no favours' :wink:

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 03:27 PM
I’m not trying to justify anything mate, but the facts are managing Celtic or Rangers must be the hardest job in world football because of the sectarian elements that follow both clubs.

Having said that why any manager would make it harder for themselves in the manner Neil Lennon has is beyond me.

As for me been born before you, that something you’ll need to take up with my Dad because I had know say in it. :greengrin

As a father of 3 boys I have no difficulty knowing how to treat people

And for the record 50 is not old :wink:

Of course it's a hard job and of course Lennon has made things harder for himself by being irritating and disrespectful. He deserves to get a hard time from fans but I really can't agree with any idea that he's brought this level of absolute madness upon himself in any way.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 03:30 PM
[B]

Of course it's a hard job and of course Lennon has made things harder for himself by being irritating and disrespectful. He deserves to get a hard time from fans but I really can't agree with any idea that he's brought this level of absolute madness upon himself in any way.

Has Lennon antics on and off the field this season helped ?

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Has Lennon antics on and off the field this season helped ?

Of course it hasn't, it was naive cupping his ears at Ibrox and you would expect him to be a bit more moderate given what's going on. It's not done him any favours but it absolutely hasn't given what's going on any justification.

Dinkydoo
14-05-2011, 03:48 PM
[B]

Whoa hold on there mate.

You say there isn't a difference between saying he's brought it upon himself and he deserves it yet you comfortably come out with: He deserves to get a hard time from fans but I really can't agree with any idea that he's brought this level of absolute madness upon himself in any way.

I'm not looking to start an arguement (honest :greengrin) but you do sound a little confused; considering this is exactly what a lot of posters are getting a hard time for coming out with.

hibiedude
14-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Of course it hasn't, it was naive cupping his ears at Ibrox and you would expect him to be a bit more moderate given what's going on. It's not done him any favours but it absolutely hasn't given what's going on any justification.

I live in the west and see first hand just how a simple conversation in a pub can get out of hand when you mention the old firm, as said when people are brought up with hatred and bigotry it doesn’t take much for things to explode, pardon the pun.

The last old firm match had an additional 2000 police attend that game because they were needed to keep both supports separated.

Another issue to take into account is Celtic and Rangers played each other 7 times this season and one of them ended in both managers fighting on the touchline.

Lennon as you said cupping his ears at Ibrox was stupid because it could mean someone in the wrong place at the wrong time in Glasgow could be stabbed or seriously injured because of Lennon antics.

Now for me that’s wrong, so Lennon's behaviour does effect how supporters react on the street and in their homes and workplace,,,,,,it shouldn't but it does

Elephant Stone
14-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Whoa hold on there mate.

You say there isn't a difference between saying he's brought it upon himself and he deserves it yet you comfortably come out with: He deserves to get a hard time from fans but I really can't agree with any idea that he's brought this level of absolute madness upon himself in any way.

I'm not looking to start an arguement (honest :greengrin) but you do sound a little confused; considering this is exactly what a lot of posters are getting a hard time for coming out with.

I'm not really sure what your point is. I think Lennon deserves to get verbal stick from supporters a little more than most but I absolutely deplore threats of violence to him and his family.

LancashireHibby
14-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Lets be realistic about what the polis could do in these circumstances when they appeared to be significantly outnumbered by the criminal elements from both clubs.

Just like the mass rioting in London when the Union march was hijacked by the anarchists, containment was more feasible than mass arrests for the cops at the time.

However afterwards, by acting on video evidence, some of the prominent offenders were identified, arrested and charged.

Well if L & B, & Strathclyde polis care to browse the video stuff appearing on the web, I'm sure they could be giving some of these neds an early morning courtesy call .

Exactly right. If the polis stepped in whilst it was going on then it would be ten times worse than the shenanigans in the Celtic end. There finally seems to be a harder line on this sort of thing so there might be a few early morning wake up calls in Gorgie over the coming weeks.

Dinkydoo
14-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm not really sure what your point is. I think Lennon deserves to get verbal stick from supporters a little more than most but I absolutely deplore threats of violence to him and his family.

You're bit more clear about what you actually meant it in this post, where before, you'd only said he deserves supporters getting on his back - or words to that effect. :greengrin

The point I was trying to make (although, probably not very well) was that you were pulling Hibiedude up for saying things like "Lennon has brought this on upon himself" yet it really wasn't very different to what you said in your last post; the interpretation by yourself was really the only difference.

I honestly don't believe anyone on this thread actually thinks Lennon deserves to have a bomb explode in his face - some people seem to be getting a little carried away, IMO.

Opinions eh :wink:

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 05:53 PM
The fallout continues....

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Family-driven-out-by-Neil.6768163.jp

Removed
14-05-2011, 05:57 PM

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Family-driven-out-by-Neil.6768163.jp

What a screwed up country we live in :embarrass

CropleyWasGod
14-05-2011, 06:00 PM
What a screwed up country we live in :embarrass

Indeed. I was quite proud of the country a week ago, without wanting to start a political debate again. Now, it just feels that we're, in the words of that American politician Pat?? Robertson a while back, "a dark land".

hibsbollah
14-05-2011, 06:39 PM

about as depressing as it gets.

hibiedude
15-05-2011, 05:57 AM

All this over a game of football, I really feel for this family.

their world has been turned upside down with threatening phone calls, with idiots saying they're coming to slash their throats, coming to bomb them, coming to rape them and coming to get them. Then they have had idiots phoning to congratulate John Wilson and offer to take him for a pint.

we live in strange times

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 09:37 AM
All this over a game of football, I really feel for this family.

their world has been turned upside down with threatening phone calls, with idiots saying they're coming to slash their throats, coming to bomb them, coming to rape them and coming to get them. Then they have had idiots phoning to congratulate John Wilson and offer to take him for a pint.

we live in strange times

Do you think any will call to apologise for getting the wrong number? :rolleyes:

hibiedude
15-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Do you think any will call to apologise for getting the wrong number? :rolleyes:

They would be wasting their time and money if they did because she's moved going by what the papers say

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2011, 12:10 PM
They would be wasting their time and money if they did because she's moved going by what the papers say

They could leave a voicemail and offer to buy her a curry by way of an apology. :rolleyes:

hibiedude
15-05-2011, 12:19 PM
They could leave a voicemail and offer to buy her a curry by way of an apology. :rolleyes:

If someone threatend to rape my daughter I don't thing buying me a curry as a way of an apology would sufice.

Hibs Class
15-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Now that Rangers have won the league and Celtic are comfortably second, it would be good to see the authorities deduct points for Wednesday's behaviour. It would be far less controversial now as it wouldn't affect the season-end standings but it would finally enable the SFA/SPL to set down a marker that this type of behaviour won't be tolerated any longer.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2011, 04:22 PM
While no manager of either team deserves bombs or bullets sent to them, i find it kind of funny how both clubs have lived off this sectarian hatred year after year, doing very little to curb it, knowing full well their fans enjoy the hatred it brings. FFS Walter smith even admitted he used to sing the songs.

Now when its getting a little more serious, they wonder why?