View Full Version : NHC Penny Arcade

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Played at Ibrox all the time, why?!!

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Penny_Arcade

Catchy wee number until it gets to The Sash which obviously isn't in the Roy Orbison version.

cabbageandribs1875
12-05-2011, 11:51 PM
from swallowswallow

Penny Arcade is back and storming the charts again!

Buy it now and help Erskine!

Penny Arcade is back in the UK charts at number 58 Itunes after Tuesday night’s championship rendition at Ibrox Park. All downloads recount now, with a big push tonight we will hit top 20 again, just in time for our championship battle.

In some charts - HMV Downloads for instance - it is back up to number one!

they have been pushing this for several weeks now, used to like roy orbison singing it until they hijacked it :boo hoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRvWBHtDdo

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Still a bit of an odd choice. Better than other tunes they belt out I suppose!

greenginger
13-05-2011, 07:27 AM

Penny Arcade ? Is it where the Blue Noses will be shopping soon ! :greengrin

Jazza
13-05-2011, 10:06 AM

My mate from through the West who is a current bun said that it is an anniversary of a orange apprentice flute band. He sent me a link where I watched it, you probably will find it somewhere on youtube

Hibbyradge
13-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I thought it was something to do with a catholic being killed in a penny arcade.

I do know the "bouncy bouncy" celebrates a catholic in Ulster being jumped on to death.

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2011, 10:27 AM
My mate from through the West who is a current bun said that it is an anniversary of a orange apprentice flute band. He sent me a link where I watched it, you probably will find it somewhere on youtube

I thought it was something to do with a catholic being killed in a penny arcade.

I do know the "bouncy bouncy" celebrates a catholic in Ulster being jumped on to death.

There's always something vile with them :bitchy:

Sylar
13-05-2011, 10:30 AM

One paranoid Celtc fan tried to put this out as a reason why Rangers sing it - I've heard some laughable stretches as to what is and what isn't sectarian, but that REALLY takes some beating.

http://onlyanexcuse.com/blog/2011/02/14/celtic-fan-campaigns-for-ban-of-penny-arcade-over-sectarian-claims/1170/

basehibby
13-05-2011, 11:42 AM
http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/Penny_Arcade

Catchy wee number until it gets to The Sash which obviously isn't in the Roy Orbison version.

Ugh! Disagree! What a pishy tinny load of crap! Suits those classless numpties down to the ground I suppose and definately an improvement on their usual repetoire. But still - ugggh :sick:

JeMeSouviens
13-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Ugh! Disagree! What a pishy tinny load of crap! Suits those classless numpties down to the ground I suppose and definately an improvement on their usual repetoire. But still - ugggh :sick:

:agree:

Musical crimplene.

blueisthecolour
13-05-2011, 02:18 PM

u say u know the bouncy is about jumping on a catholics head, how u know this or do u just listen to a celtic fan tell u this and think it must be true? The stroy u speak of happened after rangers fans done the bouncy, so slight flaw in that story and even if true does the story changee when the celtic fans dn the bouncy at ibrox or were they jumpin on a catholics head to? Penny arcade is sung by sammy king who wrote the song.

lapsedhibee
13-05-2011, 02:27 PM
The stroy u speak of happened after rangers fans done the bouncy, so slight flaw in that story

So r u sayin that the arra people who jumped on the kafflick's head did so in honour of the song, likes. :dunno:

PaulSmith
13-05-2011, 03:00 PM

After doing the bouncy on the east terrace many a time in the late 80's I'm now disgusted to 'learn' that this was in fact glorifying the death of a catholic... When did this man get kicked to death btw?

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Think its just down to the lyrics in the song, heard it about 3 weeks ago, load of pash

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2011, 03:19 PM
u say u know the bouncy is about jumping on a catholics head, how u know this or do u just listen to a celtic fan tell u this and think it must be true? The stroy u speak of happened after rangers fans done the bouncy, so slight flaw in that story and even if true does the story changee when the celtic fans dn the bouncy at ibrox or were they jumpin on a catholics head to? Penny arcade is sung by sammy king who wrote the song.

Not really the Queen's English. Do you sing the "The Billy Boys" and party tunes with "add ons" or are you one of the minority at Ipox who don't? Do you believe Lennon deserves all he gets?

GordonHFC
13-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Rangerspedia has a subtle ring to it don't you think.

blueisthecolour
13-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Not really the Queen's English. Do you sing the "The Billy Boys" and party tunes with "add ons" or are you one of the minority at Ipox who don't? Do you believe Lennon deserves all he gets?

I dont sing songs with add ons and the likes, I believe lennon deserves all the verbal abuse he gets at games at just about every football ground he goes to, but being attacked and mail bombs ect noone deserves, but what has that got to do wit h the penny arcade song?

brog
13-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Roy Orbison is one of my heroes & this is by far his worst ever song, of course as previously pointed out Roy did not write it - the Huns are welcome to it.
Ironically though the 2nd line goes, " Blue turns into green " !!! Now why would the Ibrox cretins want to sing that?

Beefster
13-05-2011, 04:39 PM

This is nonsense btw. The song was sung long before the late 1990's (when the guy you're referring to was murdered).

Hibbyradge
13-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Maybe he was on the wind up, but it was a Rangers fan who told me about the bouncy.

blueisthecolour
14-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe he was on the wind up, but it was a Rangers fan who told me about the bouncy.

it's a bit like the myth the red in our socks represents up to our knees in fenian blood and celtic are the first team to wear hoops god Rangers wore hoops before them, it seems if a story is told often enough people believe it.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2011, 09:08 AM
it's a bit like the myth the red in our socks represents up to our knees in fenian blood and celtic are the first team to wear hoops god Rangers wore hoops before them, it seems if a story is told often enough people believe it.

and hibs wore hoops before both of ya