PDA

View Full Version : NHC George Galloway`s blog on last nights events at Tynecastle.

Carheenlea
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Thought I`d share George Galloway`s blog on last nights incident and his views on sectarianism and bigotry in Scotland for those that may not read his facebook page.

I thought it was very one sided, and with it a glaring lack of any understanding of how football fans find songs he labels "rebel songs" as equally offensive as the sectarian bile that spews out of Rangers and Hearts fans. Still, always nice to see a couple of blows aimed in George Foulke`s direction..
I`ve copied and pasted for non FB users.

Dying of shame: The bigotry which dare not speak its name.
by George Galloway MP on Thursday, 12 May 2011 at 17:10.

Forget that rather facile comment by a legendary manager about football being more important than life or death, to a present-day one it is about just that. Or rather more specifically, death.

Neil Lennon, the manager of Celtic, is a Catholic, a republican and courageously outspoken. It shouldn’t be necessary to append these adjectives to his name but it is because of them that he has received his latest live death threat, a bullet in the post. Prior to that there have been deadly letter bombs and more bullets, his home in Glasgow’s West End is bristling with security devices, his wife has to go to a safe house with their child when Celtic are travelling and Lennon is under police protection, but clearly of the most cursory nature. On Wednesday evening as he stood on the touchline guiding his team to victory over Hearts at Tynecastle a home supporter leaped the wall scampered past what is laughably known as security and landed a blow before being overpowered by Lennon’s coaching assistants. His assailant hasn’t appeared in court yet but you couldn’t get odds anywhere that the man is anything other than a virulent and violent Protestant bigot.

If Neil Lennon decides at the end of this week and the league campaign that he’s chucking it in then no one would blame him. Scotland, however, would die of shame.

The reaction in Scotland has been curiously muted. It’s as if that because we’ve lived with anti-Catholic bigotry for so long it’s not unexpected, if slightly over the top. Some have even turned it onto the victims, that it’s really the Tims’ fault for maintaining separate schools. If those letter-bombers or that attacker had just shared a sandwich with a Catholic at play times if would never have come to this.

Some even went further. George Foulkes, Baron Foulkes of Cumnock, is a former chairman of Hearts, the club the attacker follows. He’s a lickspittle Labour man with a despicable record. In 1993, he was forced to resign as Shadow Defence Minister after being convicted of being drunk and disorderly during in incident in which he struck a Police officer. And in September last year he, along with 54 other public figures, signed an open letter stating their opposition to the Pope’s state visit to the UK. On Sky News on the day after the Lennon attack Foulkes joked that if Celtic moved to the Irish league that would solve the problem.

Bigotry is clearly in the genes too. His son Alex, another Hearts supporter, is a sectarian football hooligan. He was convicted of hurling abuse at Celtic fans – the longest and most sustained police officers had witnessed - and when arrested told the police they’d be in trouble because his father was an MP and his mother was on the police board.

No one would argue that Celtic fans are spotless – one was jailed this week for racial abuse of a Rangers’ player – but they have never been guilty of the sustained, anthemic, sectarian chanting and singing that the Rangers support has disgraced itself over more than a century (Rangers will have to play their next European away game supporterless because of it). Their songs are rebel ones about their heritage, rather than foul abuse at the other half of the Old Firm’s religion. And it was only in the mid-1980s that Rangers signed its first Catholic player. Pele couldn’t have got into the team before then.

It took UEFA, the football authority, to bring the first official sanction on Rangers. Rafts of politicians, councillors and sheriffs could have done it for aeons before, but didn’t. And the police have traditionally stood back and allowed the support to ‘**** the Pope’ and bathe in ‘Fenian blood’, despite the flagrant breaches of at least two laws. Only in the last match between the two sides, after what us Scots would call a previous touchline stramash, have the police promised zero tolerance.

Where were they when this crazed numpty, who could have been carrying a knife, jumped over the barrier and launched his attack on Lennon? Given the previous history plod should have been in the dugout with him, or at least hovering in the technical area. And what about the stewards who are meant to stop these incursions? Missing in inaction! Tynecastle, Hearts ground, should now be closed until there are guarantees that such an incident can never re-occur. As should Ibrox, Rangers ground, at the first chirrup of what used to be called a party song but is better described as sectarian bile.

It isn’t just the authorities who have been craven over the decades in the face of this, the left are equally guilty. In the wake of the last letter bomb to Lennon I tried to organise an anti-sectarian rally in Glasgow’s George Square but my erstwhile political colleagues deliberately scuppered it. There had to be a ‘balanced slate’, you see, not just Catholics or Celtic supporters – presumably a Church of Scotland minister and a former ‘Gers player who had recanted! – because it couldn’t just be about the victims. It wasn’t intended to be, but why the hell not! If Lennon had been black or Asian, or a Sighthill asylum seeker they’d have been out on the streets at the drop of a leaflet.

Scottish piety about being a tolerant country has been exploded by the sustained sectarian attacks on Lennon. It’s the bigotry which dare not speak its name. To his credit the First Minister Alex Salmond, another Hearts supporter, has condemned the attack. But until there’s drastic action against these sick-making Protestant hate-merchants it’s just so much mouthwash. We all need to stand behind Neil Lennon. Or, perhaps more accurately, in front of him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lofarl
12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
What a clown he is. He is as bigotted as any Celtic fan. Rebel songs, gimme a break. If he is going to mention the songs that Celtic song, then call them what they are. Songs glorifying terrorism. Calling songs like Ohh ahh up the Ra a rebel song is akin to calling the Horst Wessel Song a song about diversity and tolerance.

His hatred of Rangers and the Establishment is palpable. Particulary of Fatty Foulkes, what has his various sordid run-ins with the law have to do with what happened at Tynie last night. More to the point his sons? He makes the assumption the guy who ran at Lennon last night was some rabid foaming at the mouth Orangeman. More than likely it was a guy who was drinking on a empty head.

I can't believe this clown has got me defending Hearts fans here. Galloways fawing over Lennon is sickening. He says Scotland would die of shame if Lennon were to quit. I'll take that bet George, or should that be gorgeous George, or perhaps shameless George. Remember your outright support for Palestine. I wonder if he has raised this thorny issue with Berham Kyal. Where has all your Palestinian flag waving hordes dissappered to now?

"Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-Quds [until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem"

Short memory there me thinks. He makes not one valid point in his bigoted slaverings. Not one. They kind of people who agree with this halfwit are the kind of people who go on X-factor or listen to Coldplay.

silverhibee
12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
He forgets to mention when talking about shutting grounds down that a celtc fan came on to the pitch during a champions league game and assaulted AC Milans goalkeeper Dida at parkhead, maybe he forgot to mention that.

A horrible man.

EH6 Hibby
12-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Are you sure that was George Galloway and not Fatty Foulkes? Sounds just like the sort of rubbish he used to come out with. :jamboak:

Minus the bit about Fatty and Fatty junior obviously. :doh:

Saorsa
12-05-2011, 08:07 PM
There's nowt like a fair, well balanced and unbiased appraisal of the situation.....

.....and that's nowt like a fair, well balanced and unbiased appraisal of the situation,

what a clown. :agree:

500miles
12-05-2011, 08:08 PM
He forgets to mention when talking about shutting grounds down that a celtc fan came on to the pitch during a champions league game and assaulted AC Milans goalkeeper Dida at parkhead, maybe he forgot to mention that.

A horrible man.

.......can we please stop clutching at straws with the Dida comparisons. That was about as much of an assault as getting bumped into on a crowded bus. In fact, considerably less of an assault than that experienced when the fat bird at the back of the 44 gets off at Meadowbank at the height of rush hour.

Bishop Hibee
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
One sided certainly but I'd agree with his comments on that odious fool Foulkes and his catholic-hating son.

There is no place for pro-IRA songs in Scottish football and Celtc need to clean up their act although these are NOT anti-protestant songs bar one or two changed lines and I'm not sure how prevalent they are.

The hoopla that surrounded the Papal visit gave succor to those bigots who suddenly found they no longer had to hide their hatred of all things catholic. The vile attacks on Lennon are a manifestation of this even if last night's perpetrator is not bright enough to realise that himself.

PaulSmith
12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
I think he's there or there abouts to be fair, the issue of anti Irishness and Catholicism has been brushed under the carpet for too many decades.
If it takes the closing of Tynecastle or the imprisoning of several offenders at the next Hibs or Celtic V Hearts game then so be it.
By punishing the guilty with severity the normal folk will soon follow suit.
It worked with the abuse of blacks and Asians where its now seen as wholly unnacceptable and it should be the same with anti Irish and Catholicism.

Rougier45
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
As found in the law courts of scotland-ant catholic songs are-why is it an offence for Lennon to be outspoken?

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
A self absorbed and grandstanding me publicist. Openly admitted that despite being from Lochee he follows a football team for a non-football reason. That is the fundamental problem with our game, and why we get in a ridiculous situation of pub fights and domestic abuse hundreds of miles away from Glasgow on old firm day. The staple arguement of the entrenched sectarian apologist is that their songs are traditional and it is their upbringing and background. Where he sees free speech and moral high ground, I see yet another bigot, as deep as any die of the **** he is trying to condem.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM

A horrible man.

:faf: :faf:

1min 52sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7f7ae0G0Io

Think you'll find that Dida cheated and was subsequently banned for two champions league matches.

Rougier45
12-05-2011, 08:45 PM
No Nelson mandella songs/books/films they glorify terrorism/Che,Bobby s et al should lie down to the establisHment.

We should follow Scotland accept religious apartheid

Joe
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
It really is a bad day when George Galloway is attacking you from the moral high ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWNXEtwHUc

He is a ******* of unspeakable proportions.

Sir David Gray
12-05-2011, 08:58 PM
What an absolute numpty, but then I'm not surprised that George Galloway has come out with nonsense like this.

To say, and I quote,

"No one would argue that Celtic fans are spotless – one was jailed this week for racial abuse of a Rangers’ player – but they have never been guilty of the sustained, anthemic, sectarian chanting and singing that the Rangers support has disgraced itself over more than a century (Rangers will have to play their next European away game supporterless because of it). Their songs are rebel ones about their heritage, rather than foul abuse at the other half of the Old Firm’s religion."

is quite staggering for a man who is a former MP and is supposed to be an intelligent person.

What about the song the Celtic fans used to sing about Nacho Novo being killed by a bullet from the IRA?

What about the disgusting protest that they held last year on Remembrance Day protesting against Celtic wearing the poppy on their shirts?

What about the singing of "The Boys of the Old Brigade"?

What about the general pro-IRA stance that many of their fans take, where they laud murderers who are part of a terrorist organisation?

Galloway's right to highlight the seriousness of the situation and to condemn what happened last night but to try and downplay and, in my opinion, sort of trivialise the role that Celtic FC plays in all of this is not on in my book and actually demeans his argument which, up until that point, was all quite valid.

I'm not at all surprised that he made such comments though.

One Day Soon
12-05-2011, 09:05 PM
No Nelson mandella songs/books/films they glorify terrorism/Che,Bobby s et al should lie down to the establisHment.

We should follow Scotland accept religious apartheid

Religious apartheid?

Joe
12-05-2011, 09:08 PM
George Galloway described the collapse of the Soviet Union as the wrost day of his life, is an appologist for the most terrible crimes of the Ba'ath party and in 2005 appeared on Syrian televison to tell the people that they were lucky to have a man such as Bashir "the hangman of Damascus" Assad as their president.

Such people have nothing to say about morality worth listening to.

One Day Soon
12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Galloway comes pretty close to defining the term 'Cant' politically. A self regarding foghorn vainly in search of a purpose.

Isn't it Jack Regan time round about now?

Sir David Gray
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
George Galloway described the collapse of the Soviet Union as the wrost day of his life, is an appologist for the most terrible crimes of the Ba'ath party and in 2005 appeared on Syrian televison to tell the people that they were lucky to have a man such as Bashir "the hangman of Damascus" Assad as their president.

Such people have nothing to say about morality worth listening to.

Not to mention his incessant support of Hamas and Hezbollah as well.

It would seem that Galloway is quite happy to promote violence, as long as it's "his kind" of violence.

Thank God he wasn't elected as an MSP last week.

givescotlandfreedom
12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Does he even go to games?

By the way, how can an anti-capitalist like Celtic? They buy power, try to destroy the competition, flog lies (ie history and myths), make money out of predjudice and are one half of Scottish football's establishment. As a leftist myself I chuckle at the idiots at Celtic game with Che Guevara flags with shirts made by slaves on drinking Coca Cola and eating McDonalds.

The Harp
12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
George having a go at Foulkes and Foulkes junior is fine with me. I agree with some of his other utterances, but not them all. Celtic aren't blameless in all this. The board at Parkhead are obviously frightened to take a tough line with supporters glorifying the IRA in song for fear of a backlash.

hibsbollah
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM

By the way, how can an anti-capitalist like Celtic? They buy power, try to destroy the competition, flog lies (ie history and myths), make money out of predjudice and are one half of Scottish football's establishment. As a leftist myself I chuckle at the idiots at Celtic game with Che Guevara flags with shirts made by slaves on drinking Coca Cola and eating McDonalds.

great point:agree:

I dont have a problem with most of Galloway says in this blog to be honest though.

givescotlandfreedom
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
George Galloway described the collapse of the Soviet Union as the wrost day of his life.

The quote goes mentions he felt that as an anti-imperialist clearly forgetting people in every country except Russia were in an empire they didn't want to be in and all the other Warsaw Pact countries were in reality under the control of a small group of me in contrast to what their people wanted.:crazy:

ScottB
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
George Galloway is one of the most loathsome 'politicians' to ever drag them self out of the swamp.

Utterly delighted he failed to get elected.

jacomo
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM

:aok: Nailed it.

jacomo
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Neil Lennon is a t**t. John Reid is worse.

The Celtc support are a dumb cash cow for aggressive capitalists.

The death threats / bullets / bombs / last night's Yamattack are despicable and utterly without justification.

Er, that's it.

Oh, Foulkes is a t**t too.

The Harp Awakes
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
George's ramblings are so one sided it's laughable. I think Celtic fan's songs will be pretty offensive to many and the excuse that they are just singing about their heritage is ridiculous.

What he is right about though is Foulkes and this:

The reaction in Scotland has been curiously muted. It’s as if that because we’ve lived with anti-Catholic bigotry for so long it’s not unexpected

Anti catholic bigotry has been tolerated by the authorities in the UK for ages and still is today. Somehow it is acceptable in the 21st Century that a British monarch is not allowed to marry a catholic; Rangers were allowed to participate in Scottish football for most of the 20th Century whilst refusing to sign a catholic; hundreds of orange walks with their open displays of bigotry against catholics are not only tolerated every year in Scotland, but are seen by many as a great spectacle and a good day out.

Years of denial, heads buried in the sand and general dis-interest in the sectarianism which is alive and kicking in our country is about to come home to roost.

In a perverse way, the nutter that had a go at Lennon last night at Tynecastle may end up being our saviour as it may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

cabbageandribs1875
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM

A horrible man.

aye ok :LOL:

The Tubs
12-05-2011, 10:21 PM
He's got "personality", which goes a long way in this country nowadays: especially for the lack of it amongst UK leaders.

I was attracted to Hibs, and still am, because it connects me to where I'm from. I remember my dear departed dad taking me through to Hampden in 1991 and meeting loads of Hearts fans who wanted to cheer on an Edinburgh team at a national final.

Oh how times have changed! I think it would be worth - especially as Hibs are pish poor - cancelling Scottish fitba' for one year and getting to grips with what the fans really want.

We want fitba'llers, like the one that died last week, rather than tabloid social hooliganism. If it's our national game, let's make it work for us.

Please read: http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Fares-Land-Tony-Judt/dp/0143118765/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2. Let's bring the country together again.

The Harp Awakes
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by silverhibee

A horrible man.

aye ok :LOL:

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story eh:hyper:

AK86
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
"nobody would argue that smeltic fans are spotless":greengrin, plukey bassas :na na:

Lennon got a slap last night cause he is a wee runt. Hee haw to do with his religon
Some **** numpty trying to make a name for himself. Lets not dress it up to something thats its not

And back to GG, if he thinks the green stealers dont sing dodgy songs then he dosent go to games .:agree:

Hibs Class
12-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I assume he used the term "lickspittle" for foulkes to prove that he wrote this pish himself on the basis that no-one else has ever used that word. Ever.

The Tubs
12-05-2011, 10:40 PM
"nobody would argue that smeltic fans are spotless":greengrin, plukey bassas :na na:

Lennon got a slap last night cause he is a wee runt. Hee haw to do with his religon
Some **** numpty trying to make a name for himself. Lets not dress it up to something thats its not

And back to GG, if he thinks the green stealers dont sing dodgy songs then he dosent go to games .:agree:

Nah brother, it's been sold to the jambos so long the it has eventually become part of the culture; ****bos v celtic never used to be like that.

FranckSuzy
12-05-2011, 10:48 PM

Said on NL thread that I'm not condoning it at all but I'm with you on that one. Aberdeen v Rangers used to be a grudge game (Durrant/Simpson) and Hearts v Celtic has been since, IIRC, John Hartson and his antics. Players fans love to hate. Goram was attacked in his goals was he not? Mind you, probably a bad example...:devil:

hibsbollah
13-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Not to mention his incessant support of Hamas and Hezbollah as well.

It would seem that Galloway is quite happy to promote violence, as long as it's "his kind" of violence.

Thank God he wasn't elected as an MSP last week.

What a ridiculous comment. Supporting those organisations doesnt make Galloway any less fit to comment on sectarianism. Same as your constant support for Israeli mass murderers doesnt preclude you from doing so. Save your ill-informed prejudices for the Holy Ground eh?

down the slope
13-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Just thank your lucky stars that Captain windbag was not elected recently , there is only one thing in life that george is interested in and it's himself.

khib70
13-05-2011, 08:18 AM
What a ridiculous comment. Supporting those organisations doesnt make Galloway any less fit to comment on sectarianism. Same as your constant support for Israeli mass murderers doesnt preclude you from doing so. Save your ill-informed prejudices for the Holy Ground eh?
Absolutely. Why should open support of two organisations riddled with anti-semitism and Holocaust denial disqualify you from sounding off about sectarianism? Any more than working for the TV station run by the Holocaust denying Iranian theocracy should? Honestly, poor George - he just can't win!

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Do you think the bullets in the post are 'cause he is a wee runt' as well?

(That's a genuine question, by the way.)

ulises_trotter
13-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm in agreement, he got attacked by a Hearts fan because he is a fandan.. Just like riordan got attacked at the PBS, nothing to do with any sectarianism!

Bullets in the Post and Bomb threats are completely despicable but you wonder why he is such a target, Martin O'Neill never had anything like this, surely he would be as much as or as big a target as he actually won titles and was Northern Irish, etc?

millarco
13-05-2011, 09:07 AM
.......can we please stop clutching at straws with the Dida comparisons. That was about as much of an assault as getting bumped into on a crowded bus. In fact, considerably less of an assault than that experienced when the fat bird at the back of the 44 gets off at Meadowbank at the height of rush hour.

The 'assault' comparison is wide of the mark but the situations were very similar in terms of a fan running on the pitch and confronting a player/manager. If Hearts are to blame for the incident on Wednesday night then Celtic are equally to blame for the Dida incident; the fan could have easily assaulted Dida and the policing was nowhere to be seen.

johnrebus
13-05-2011, 09:45 AM
After his appearance on Big Brother a couple of years ago, I doubt if anyone takes anything Gorgeous George seriosly.

:rolleyes:

Greentinted
13-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Galloway is merely a rabble-rousing magniloquent mouthpiece who is now an apologist for the lowest of the low. Best ignored, he may go away!

basehibby
13-05-2011, 11:02 AM

You're making assumptions here as much as those that are jumping to the conclusion that it was sectarian motivated assault.

The Yamtard assailant could easily have been motivated by Lennon's post Rangers vs Hearts comments and he could equally be a slavering bigot - or it could easily be, given the apparent dull wittedness of the creature, a mixture of both.

As far as Gorgeous George's allegations of Smeltic's purity of soul is concerned - we all know just how laughable that is. Although his romanticised black and white view of politics has often lead him to make pacts with the devil in the past (Sadam Hussein anyone?) so perhaps we shouldn't be too surprised at that.

That aside I haven't got a problem with what he's saying - and on a wider note in fact, perhaps this new victim of Casper has done us all a favour in a round about way.

Sectarian motives or not, the Yam clown's fresh air swipe has kept the serious issue of escalating sectarianism in Scotland at the forefront of national and indeed world attention, and with the SNP having just won Holyrood by a landslide, surely this presents an ideal opportunity for them to show the world they mean business by taking a long overdue lead in stamping OUT this disgusting scourge once and for all.

Alex Salmond is famously a follower of the Maroon Balloons and (as if it's needed) this should provide extra motivation for him to focus on combating what is acurately labelled as Scotland's shame, and is demonstrably not just a west of Scotland problem given the reality of the increased prevalence of Ulster related flags in the stands at Tynie in recent seasons.

I would like to see intense pressure applied from Holyrood onto the SFA/SPL to impose draconian measures including large fines and leading quickly to points deductions for any incidence of sectarian garbage indulged in by a club's supporters - home or away!

I am certain that this would give decent supporters of the clubs concerned all the motivation they needed to weed out and eliminate the perpetrators from their supports and thus give us all a rest (permanently!) from much of the odious garbage we've been subjected to for all our football supporting lives.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 11:56 AM

I think if Galloway is going to get on his high horse about issues relating to religious hatred, making reference to his support for two organisations who are quite open about their own form of religious hatred is quite a relevant point, in my opinion of course.

I was merely adding to an earlier point made by someone else who made reference to his support for Syria's President Assad, who is currently murdering hundreds, if not thousands, of his own people, whose worst crime was that they disagreed with him.

I thought that it was a pertinent point to make, not ill-informed as you've said and it's hardly my fault this thread is on the main forum.

jabis
13-05-2011, 12:11 PM
may that odious self-serving cretin,gg,crawl under the stone from whence he came,and leave us in peace.

IndieHibby
13-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I think if Galloway is going to get on his high horse about issues relating to religious hatred, making reference to his support for two organisations who are quite open about their own form of religious hatred is quite a relevant point, in my opinion of course.

I was merely adding to an earlier point made by someone else who made reference to his support for Syria's President Assad, who is currently murdering hundreds, if not thousands, of his own people, whose worst crime was that they disagreed with him.

I thought that it was a pertinent point to make, not ill-informed as you've said and it's hardly my fault this thread is on the main forum.

I'm glad you said this - it saved me saying it myself.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Hardly your fault?
You've never made a pertinent point in your puff. In my opion of course.
The trouble with you and your use of this forum is that you continuously make it read like the Daily Mail letters page with your sickened outrage and disgust.

Most people on here will know about football and a bit about Neil Lennon.

You might know a bit about 'religious hatred' if your previous posts are much to go by.

But, what the **** do you know about Hamas or Hezbollah? You wouldn't last 5 seconds on Question Time never mind the West Bank.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Hardly your fault?
You've never made a pertinent point in your puff. In my opion of course.
The trouble with you and your use of this forum is that you continuously make it read like the Daily Mail letters page with your sickened outrage and disgust.

Most people on here will know about football and a bit about Neil Lennon.

You might know a bit about 'religious hatred' if your previous posts are much to go by.

But, what the **** do you know about Hamas or Hezbollah? You wouldn't last 5 seconds on Question Time never mind the West Bank.

I won't be continuing this discussion on this thread as it's going way off the topic that the OP intended.

However, I will be only too happy to carry this discussion on with you on the Holy Ground and I'll let you know how much I know about Hamas and Hezbollah on there.

:aok:

hibs0666
13-05-2011, 09:20 PM
may that odious self-serving cretin,gg,crawl under the stone from whence he came,and leave us in peace.

You may not like his views but Galloway is anything but a cretin.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I won't be continuing this discussion on this thread as it's going way off the topic that the OP intended.

However, I will be only too happy to carry this discussion on with you on the Holy Ground and I'll let you know how much I know about Hamas and Hezbollah on there.

:aok:

To venture on to the 'Holy Ground' (you do know where the name comes from I trust?) to discuss this would suggest that I had any interest in reading any more of your right wing haverings.

Edit: Broke my own rule there and read your wayward views on FR's 'Isreali Scamps' thread. You appear to spout as much pish on there as you do on this side. No thanks.

khib70
13-05-2011, 09:51 PM
To venture on to the 'Holy Ground' (you do know where the name comes from I trust?) to discuss this would suggest that I had any interest in reading any more of your right wing haverings.

Edit: Broke my own rule there and read your wayward views on FR's 'Isreali Scamps' thread. You appear to spout as much pish on there as you do on this side. No thanks.
Hmmm, obviously left wing. Definite tendency to argue purely in terms of blustering personal abuse.......you are George Galoway, aren't you.

Sorry if some of us don't share your views. In any situation run by the organisations you obviously admire, I know we wouldn't be allowed to dissent from the party line. FH was making a perfectly valid point about GG's hypocrisy in condemning religious hatred.

And although I disagree with him on a lot of key points about the Middle East, I would bet he knows a lot more about Hamas and Hizbollah than you do. Not that we'll ever find out how much you know about anything, since your posts appear to consist entirely of playground name-calling.

Iggy Pope
13-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Hmmm, obviously left wing. Definite tendency to argue purely in terms of blustering personal abuse.......you are George Galoway, aren't you.

Sorry if some of us don't share your views. In any situation run by the organisations you obviously admire, I know we wouldn't be allowed to dissent from the party line. FH was making a perfectly valid point about GG's hypocrisy in condemning religious hatred.

And although I disagree with him on a lot of key points about the Middle East, I would bet he knows a lot more about Hamas and Hizbollah than you do. Not that we'll ever find out how much you know about anything, since your posts appear to consist entirely of playground name-calling.

Firstly - double 'L' in Galloway.

I wouldn't expect everyone to share my views. You don't appear to be expressing a view about anything except your perception of my politics.

I have no admiration for either of the organisations he pulled at random into the discussion.
I do know that neither of those (political) organisations have anything to do with Neil Lennon, Celtic, Hearts or Wednesday night's episode and that 'FH' was using the thread as another excuse to clamber on to his badly balanced soap box.

I haven't called anyone any names on this subject and wouldn't advise you to bet on anything you would lose money on.

stokesmessiah
13-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Its all a bit handbags on this thread!!!

I reckon if they were in a playground right now jackets would be taken off to a chorus of "Ma Da's bigger than yur Da".

May i suggest if you guys cant play nicely then maybe leave the heavy conversation alone !!!!

Pete
14-05-2011, 12:00 AM
What about the singing of "The Boys of the Old Brigade"?

What about the general pro-IRA stance that many of their fans take, where they laud murderers who are part of a terrorist organisation?

What about it? You might not like it and many others might be offended by it but they aren't breaking any laws.

Maybe Mr. Galloway is a little smarter than you think.

pacorosssco
14-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Do you think the bullets in the post are 'cause he is a wee runt' as well?

(That's a genuine question, by the way.)

Firstly I don't condone a man being harassed to the extend of death or the threat off it

I think it is two things. He is massively unpopular of no other player/manager I remember including Souness and is a wee runt and IMO his actions/words have caused/contributed to this on a personal little ginger upstart celtic bassa type situ and secondly it is most likely on top of this people in our Country and others have seized on the fact in addition to the above he has the unfortunate circumstance of being a political/religous hotbed to those with interests outwith football

This is a great question .This is open to many interpretations IMO

Nobody ever deserves to be murdered over football that is absolutely correct but this may be about football it may not.There is in my opinion no place for politics or religion in football however both OF clubs have courted this. Neil Lennon could be a victim of this or he could be a victim of this and another agenda or simply has pushed the boundaries of unpopularity

I cant speak for the senders and I dont wont to! but this maybe is bigger than football or for that matter our country. It is possible this has all come from problems outwith our shores and the battlefield has moved to a new vacuum sadly in Scotland football or it could be small minded people with an axe to grind have taken onfield conduct and rivalries to a new level or something completely else.

jabis
14-05-2011, 07:55 AM
You may not like his views but Galloway is anything but a cretin.

ok then,he's a crock...that better ?

hibs0666
14-05-2011, 09:43 AM
ok then,he's a crock...that better ?

I guess you meant crook, and you're referring to the oil-for-food programme. However, after a four-year inquiry, the House of Commons Select Committee on Standards and Privileges committee concluded that there was "no evidence" that Galloway gained any personal benefit from either the former Iraqi regime, or from the Oil-for-Food Programme.

ginger_rice
14-05-2011, 10:28 AM
What about it? You might not like it and many others might be offended by it but they aren't breaking any laws.

That's true however what place does it have at a football match?

I don't know about your circumstances, but mine are very similar to those Celtic supporters GG alludes to. I know these songs, I can sing the Rising of the Moon word perfect, "it's my background and upbringing", (as it is with a sizable number of the Hibs support), however we choose not to have any truck at Easter Road with the kind of sectarian nonsense which blights much of Scottish Football. Hibs actually took action many years ago to eradicate this, remember Tom Hart banning tri-colours, IIRC "Hibs colours are green and white" was the quote used.

There is a lot of truth in George Galloway's article, but unfortunately it's written with green tinted specs, which doesn't make it balanced.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2011, 08:43 PM

I'm pretty certain that since they are a banned terrorist organisation in the UK, singing songs in support of the PIRA (and other similar Irish Republican groups) is a criminal offence.

I've never said that Galloway isn't smart. I think he is an intelligent person but he has his own agenda and puts points across which fit that agenda.

jabis
14-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I guess you meant crook, and you're referring to the oil-for-food programme. However, after a four-year inquiry, the House of Commons Select Committee on Standards and Privileges committee concluded that there was "no evidence" that Galloway gained any personal benefit from either the former Iraqi regime, or from the Oil-for-Food Programme.

no,I meant CROCK,look it up in the dictionary.

as for your post,:faf::faf:

RESPECT my :asshole:

the guy's such a slimey CRETIN (there I've said it again)it's a surprise he hasn't slid up his own butt.....but then again,it would get him in the gutter press again.
EDIT...why not mention the Dundee finances...or....the british soldiers deserve getting killed......or his iraq wife buggering off,when she realised she was getting used.
you probably know many more,as you're such a fandan :smile:

FarmerTweedy
14-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Neil Lennon is a t**t. John Reid is worse.

The Celtc support are a dumb cash cow for aggressive capitalists.

The death threats / bullets / bombs / last night's Yamattack are despicable and utterly without justification.

Er, that's it.

Oh, Foulkes is a t**t too.

Speaking as a jambo, I can't argue with any of this!

And Galloway is utter pondlife!

Actually, that's unfair on pondlife!

hibs0666
15-05-2011, 08:37 AM

the guy's such a slimey CRETIN (there I've said it again)it's a surprise he hasn't slid up his own butt.....but then again,it would get him in the gutter press again.
EDIT...why not mention the Dundee finances...or....the british soldiers deserve getting killed......or his iraq wife buggering off,when she realised she was getting used.

Do you always dish out the personal abuse when someone takes a slightly different view from you? Classy.

Tell me a bit more about the Dundee finances issue and th British soldiers deserving to be killed comment.

Galloway has been married twice - first wife was Palestinian and second wife was Lebanese. Galloway is not, and has never been married, to an Iraqi.

Betty Boop
15-05-2011, 08:52 AM

What wife was that then ? GG has never had an Iraqi wife.