PDA

View Full Version : Vaz Te

since90plustwo
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I know his attitude is maybe not brilliant, but i think this guy really needs to be signed up for next season, only player we have that seems to run at players through the middle and have a shot. Thoughts?

Brooster
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
He is lazy, shirks 50/50s and cant hit the target - he is one of the reasons we are getting rolled over every week, get rid for someone with pace, skill and grit.

Mikey
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Not for me. Some nice flicks but little end product.

Rattler
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I know his attitude is maybe not brilliant, but i think this guy really needs to be signed up for next season, only player we have that seems to run at players through the middle and have a shot. Thoughts?

Personally quite like him as a player. Shows a bit of much needed flair, although not to the extent that Zouma did. Think he could be a useful addition to the squad and could do worse.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Not for me. Some nice flicks but little end product.

sums up my feelings perfectly

basehibby
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM

I think he's been pretty good and a bit unlucky to have scored only one so far. He's certainly got a bit of flair about him and could do well in a team that's not gone for it's holidays already.

DH1875
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Not for me. I think he's utter kite and honestly can't see why some fans like him so much.

Jim44
12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I get the impression that a lot more people think Vaz Te is hopeless than otherwise. So is he another passenger in a useless team which an awful lot of people think is going to be transformed by two or three new players in summer? If that's the case, I think our prospects for next season are zilch. If Calderwood can't motivate a team, which had a good run of games, to beat any of the dross of the SPL in our last five or six matches, it'll likely be more of the same mediocrity next season. :bitchy:

ancient hibee
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I get the impression that a lot more people think Vaz Te is hopeless than otherwise. So is he another passenger in a useless team which an awful lot of people think is going to be transformed by two or three new players in summer? If that's the case, I think our prospects for next season are zilch. If Calderwood can't motivate a team, which had a good run of games, to beat any of the dross of the SPL in our last five or six matches, it'll likely be more of the same mediocrity next season. :bitchy:
You don't seem to realise that we ARE one of the dross of the SPL.

Franck is God
12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I think if he is offered a deal it will only be for a year which will either give him the opportunity to play at a decent level and show that he is capable of more or ends up doing nothing and disappears.

He definitely has talent and ability but as we've seen with lots of players that's not always enough.

Removed
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM

:agree: I've got mates at work who are st holders at other bottom 6 teams and they wish they could play us every week. Embarrasing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
We have not seen enough from him in the games that he has played IMO. If you were an outsider and were asked to say if you thought he was player at the end of a contract and being let go, or a player trying to win a longer contract, it would be a difficult choice.

Removed
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
We have not seen enough from him in the games that he has played IMO. If you were an outsider and were asked to say if you thought he was player at the end of a contract and being let go, or a player trying to win a longer contract, it would be a difficult choice.

In his defence he has looked like one of the few players actually putting any effort in at all.

Personally still on the fence about him though.

The Harp Awakes
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Whilst I think he's chicken hearted, too soft for Scottish football and flatters to deceive at times, the prospect of him being at ER next season is probably the only positive I can think of in my investment of £500 in season tickets.

Jim44
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM

What do you mean that I don't realise that we are one of the dross? I think my reference to how useless we are confirms my opinion. The point I'm making is that, with a steady run of results tucked away, we didn't have the professionalism, commitment or pride to put up a good show against fellow dross. I actually think that we are, despite league positions, the worst team, certainly the easiest team to beat, in the SPL. How we alter the perception that all other clubs have of us is a major problem for Calderwood next season and if, as has been suggested, he will only bring in two or three new players to make a squad of 20, he and the team will be proverbally farting against thunder. Without major surgery I can see us being relegated next season.

Sodje_18
12-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Wouldn't pay big wages for the guy, being an ex prem player I don't think he'd be worth what he brings to our side. Although over the past few games I've been to he's been the only exciting player in a hibs strip :agree:

truehibernian
13-05-2011, 12:43 AM
He is lazy, shirks 50/50s and cant hit the target - he is one of the reasons we are getting rolled over every week, get rid for someone with pace, skill and grit.

Is that Derek or Ricardo brooster......both are equally culpable of that

ahibby
13-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I've no idea what the background of this guy is but I don't see the level of professionalism from him on the pitch that we have come to expect from our home grown young players. The jury is still out on him but I'd keep him out of curiosity for another season to see if he blossoms but I fear it may take longer, if ever he does.

basehibby
13-05-2011, 11:28 AM

A couple of real quality signings CAN make a massive difference - remember the Sauzee/Latapy effect on McLeish's team? Without that pair, that side had a distinctly mediocre look to it although with them both they could be quite devastating.
I am reserving judgement on Calderwood. I agree that the last month or so has been very disappointing - nothing games or not - and the performances vs Ayr in the SC hardly suggest he is an expert motivator. But the fact remains that Calderwood has passed his biggest challenge so far - that of staving off relegation - with flying colours. And he did so primarily through the influence of his own signings, none of whom cost a fortune.
I would hope that with a decent budget and the objective of forming a smallish squad, that CC can put the maxim of quality over quantity into great effect. He certainly has the perfect opportunity given the massive clearout on the horizon. Once he's had that opportunity and the new season has started in earnest I think we'll all be able to form a clearer picture of his overall abilities.

Stevie Reid
13-05-2011, 11:45 AM
A couple of real quality signings CAN make a massive difference - remember the Sauzee/Latapy effect on McLeish's team? Without that pair, that side had a distinctly mediocre look to it although with them both they could be quite devastating.
I am reserving judgement on Calderwood. I agree that the last month or so has been very disappointing - nothing games or not - and the performances vs Ayr in the SC hardly suggest he is an expert motivator. But the fact remains that Calderwood has passed his biggest challenge so far - that of staving off relegation - with flying colours. And he did so primarily through the influence of his own signings, none of whom cost a fortune.
I would hope that with a decent budget and the objective of forming a smallish squad, that CC can put the maxim of quality over quantity into great effect. He certainly has the perfect opportunity given the massive clearout on the horizon. Once he's had that opportunity and the new season has started in earnest I think we'll all be able to form a clearer picture of his overall abilities.

Calderwood and this side have done nothing with flying colours - and our objective was never just staying in the league until Calderwood took us into a relegation battle.

RE: Vaz Te, he looks capable of producing something special, but not with the regularity that would justify a long contract.

Golden Bear
13-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I've no idea what the background of this guy is but I don't see the level of professionalism from him on the pitch that we have come to expect from our home grown young players. The jury is still out on him but I'd keep him out of curiosity for another season to see if he blossoms but I fear it may take longer, if ever he does.

:agree:

We've had too many passengers in the team this season and I suspect that Vaz Te could fall into the same category if he's ever offered a contract.

sahib
13-05-2011, 07:23 PM
:agree:

We've had too many passengers in the team this season and I suspect that Vaz Te could fall into the same category if he's ever offered a contract.

Vazte is worth taking a risk on imho. If he hits decent form, he would become a saleable asset. He obviously has major faults or he would not have slipped to our level ( I am taking about wages and league position, here, not denigrating the club and it's history). He is the only flair player left in the squad and looks quite quick to me.
While I am on, I would also like to take exception to the posters who lump Galbraith in with the failures. This is a guy who is trying to regain form and get a promising career back on track, his performances were good enough to get him back in the national side - ok I accept we are pretty pish at all levels. He is also one of the few players who can go past his man and I have never seen a team that was any good, that didn't have players capable of doing that. In short, these are the type of players I like to see and although, they may not be the finest examples of the breed we have ever had, I vote to keep them, unless we can get better.

Don Giovanni
13-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Vaz Te has flattered to deceive in IMO. Big Sodje has been a better signing. More impact on the pitch. More influence on the team and the way CC has us playing.

Players dont need to be "good" (i.e. skillfull) to make it in the SPL. They simply have to be effective.
So far Akpo is.
Ricardo isnae.
Not sure Id use up a decent wage on the laddie...

hibs4eve
13-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Not atall remember last time we sold a young okay striker he's now league 1ns top goalscorer

SmokieJoe
13-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Personally quite like him as a player. Shows a bit of much needed flair, although not to the extent that Zouma did. Think he could be a useful addition to the squad and could do worse.

Agree, Zouma on stilts. he has been out of form and fitness before he came to us in late Feb '11. would it be a mistake to give him a 1 year contract, and pre season training?