PDA

View Full Version : NHC Suspicious package found at Celtic Park

hibee_girl
12-05-2011, 12:04 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/248975-suspicious-package-found-at-celtic-park/

Sir David Gray
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Sky News now reporting that it was a bullet that was addressed to Lennon and sent to Celtic's training ground in Lennoxtown.

Absolute madness. :bitchy:

Betty Boop
12-05-2011, 12:17 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/248975-suspicious-package-found-at-celtic-park/

Sky News are reporting that the package addressed to Neil Lennon, contains a bullet.

Jones28
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
What is going on with the world when this is becoming almost regular?

The worrying thing is that I can see this being from more than one seperate faction

Greentinted
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Time to go Neil:
for your sanity and your family.

If that seems to be pandering to the undesirable element in society it may be a price worth paying. It's going too far and surely even he won't be so pig-headed to keep toughing it out.

Bad times in our game. :bitchy:

Keith_M
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Apparently there's also been a couple of arrests over previous packages. That at least is good news.

I'm not saying they will be but I wouldn't be surprised if those arrested in Ayrshire were from NI. There seem to be have been a number moved over to the SW of Scotland after the loyalist feud a few years ago.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Time to go Neil:

If that seems to be pandering to the undesirable element in society it may be a price worth paying. It's going too far and surely even he won't be so pig-headed to keep toughing it out.

:agree::top marks

hibsbollah
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Dont make the mistake of thinking hibs wont get tarred with the same brush, especially down south. People will assume the same issues affect us, ive already heard hibs being described as 'the edinburgh tims' today. Sick of it.

LancashireHibby
12-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Apparently there's also been a couple of arrests over previous packages. That at least is good news.

I'm not saying they will be but I wouldn't be surprised if those arrested in Ayrshire were from NI. There seem to be have been a number moved over to the SW of Scotland after the loyalist feud a few years ago.

Plenty of non-NI in that region who hold much the same loyalties (excuse the pun). I think the saddest thing about this is that there can't be many people who are genuinely surprised by this.

Keith_M
12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Plenty of non-NI in that region who hold much the same loyalties (excuse the pun).

I agree with that and it is indeed a sad fact.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Apparently there was a suspicious package found at easter road today, turns out it was a set of football nets.

GloryGlory
12-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Time to go Neil:

IS pandering. I agree that Neil Lennon needs to learn to act with more grace and dignity, but you're not seriously suggesting that he should have to give up his job to stop criminals in our society behaving as they do. That's one very dangerous slippery slope.

Greentinted
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
IS pandering. I agree that Neil Lennon needs to learn to act with more grace and dignity, but you're not seriously suggesting that he should have to give up his job to stop criminals in our society behaving as they do. That's one very dangerous slippery slope.

If it was my health and the safety of those I purport to love being placed in jeopardy for the sake of a job, then yes that is indeed what I am seriously suggesting.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Time to go Neil:

The decision may not be down to Neil Lennon if the huns win the title at the weekend and Motherwell spoil their Scottish Cup party.

Either way I think he should just leave the country. He's a bad advert for the Scottish game although I'm not condoning all the nonsense that's been happening lately.

weonlywon6-2
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Time to go Neil:

yep, i think he needs to pull the plug before someone else gets hurt instead of him. a sad day if it happens but there is just to much hatred involved in all this and it wont go away even if arrest after arrest is made.

not the sort of highlights we need for scottish football,its bad enough without this

Killiehibbie
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Apparently there was a suspicious package found at easter road today, turns out it was a set of football nets.It was an envelope marked win bonus. Turns out none of the present squad had ever seen one.

GloryGlory
12-05-2011, 02:56 PM
If it was my health and the safety of those I purport to love being placed in jeopardy for the sake of a job, then yes that is indeed what I am seriously suggesting.

I would prefer to live in a country that respects the rule of law and order, myself, not one where it is ever acceptable to threaten, abuse and intimidate someone out of a job (and effectively out of the country) because you don't like him or you don't like his religion or you don't like the football club he manages or any other spurious reason that could be put forward to "justify" these criminals' actions.

Neil Lennon is entitled to go about his lawful business without fear for himself or his family. To me it is just not acceptable to say if he gives up his job, the problem caused by criminals will go away, therefore the solution is for him to give up his job. What sort of society would we be living in if this were the norm?

I hope the police and the prosecuting authorities throw the book at those responsible.

Greentinted
12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I would prefer to live in a country that respects the rule of law and order, myself, not one where it is ever acceptable to threaten, abuse and intimidate someone out of a job (and effectively out of the country) because you don't like him or you don't like his religion or you don't like the football club he manages or any other spurious reason that could be put forward to "justify" these criminals' actions.

Neil Lennon is entitled to go about his lawful business without fear for himself or his family. To me it is just not acceptable to say if he gives up his job, the problem caused by criminals will go away, therefore the solution is for him to give up his job. What sort of society would we be living in if this were the norm?

I hope the police and the prosecuting authorities throw the book at those responsible.

I totally and absolutely agree with this but sadly, as we all know, the real world doesn't always fall into the correct compartments.
My thoughts are with the people who are being directly affected by this disgusting criminal behaviour on a micro-level. Idealistic acceptability is irrelevant here, whether he goes or not wouldn't herald a triumph over serious crime and an utopian society. I daresay Lennon couldn't care less about a societal overview, I sure as hell wouldn't - I'd be long gone because the problem will continue for as long as I do (in that specific capacity).
It truly is tragic but perhaps needn't have come to this if the so-called upholders of law and order and other authorities governing our sport had had the spine to deal with all this sectarian fueled toxicity a long long time ago.

Jones28
12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Proof, if any more were needed, that Scottish Football is ruined by the Old Firm