PDA

View Full Version : 146

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Well done to each and every one of the 146 Hibs fans there last night.... Yet again the players lacked courage and conviction.....If only the players have the same passion and committment as the support......

AndersonGGTTH
12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Well done to each and every one of the 146 Hibs fans there last night.... Yet again the players lacked courage and conviction.....If only the players have the same passion and committment as the support......

Thank you :)

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
While i agree with the sentiment, 146 fans is hardly our support showing commitment?

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
While i agree with the sentiment, 146 fans is hardly our support showing commitment?

The ones that went showed plenty committment........

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 08:28 AM
The ones that went showed plenty committment........

And the 146 who did go deserve a medal, those thousands who did not go showed just how they feel at this moment in time.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
And the 146 who did go deserve a medal, those thousands who did not go showed just how they feel at this moment in time.

No disputing the general apathy amongst the support but 146 is woeful, considering about 15 or 20 were highlands based.......

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 08:53 AM
No disputing the general apathy amongst the support but 146 is woeful, considering about 15 or 20 were highlands based.......

I agree with you about ET, but in your original post you said you wished the team had the same commitment as the fans.

Well 146 fans shows just how commited our support actually is now. in fact i'd say the support are showing the same commitment as the team deserve.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree with you about ET, but in your original post you said you wished the team had the same commitment as the fans.

Well 146 fans shows just how commited our support actually is now. in fact i'd say the support are showing the same commitment as the team deserve.

No matter how many fans go G, they are still paying good money to watch, and deserve to be shown respect by players, by giving 100% effort in matches

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
No matter how many fans go G, they are still paying good money to watch, and deserve to be shown respect by players, by giving 100% effort in matches

:agree:

green&left
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
One thing that pissed me off last night was the players at the end of the match.

Took a half day at work, spent £50+ on the day/night, got to my kip at 2am, up four and a half hours later for an 8.00am start and not one Hibs player could be @rsed walking 30 yards towards the small band of Hibs fans left at the end to give them an applause. Good to see our efforts are appreciated...

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
One thing that pissed me off last night was the players at the end of the match.

Took a half day at work, spent £50+ on the day/night, got to my kip at 2am, up four and a half hours later for an 8.00am start and not one Hibs player could be @rsed walking 30 yards towards the small band of Hibs fans left at the end to give them an applause. Good to see our efforts are appreciated...

Therein lies the problem Scott, the players and officials don't give a flying one about the fans....

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Very commendable, although nobody made you go, you didnt have to do any of that.

The players have been abused most weeks in print or on matchdays at the games. I have no doubt they were getting stick last night too. Maybe they were embarrased, maybe they dont give a toss, but its double standards to slate the players then ask them to aknowledge the fans at the end of a game after another defeat imo.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Very commendable, although nobody made you go, you didnt have to do any of that.

The players have been abused most weeks in print or on matchdays at the games. I have no doubt they were getting stick last night too. Maybe they were embarrased, maybe they dont give a toss, but its double standards to slate the players then ask them to aknowledge the fans at the end of a game after another defeat imo.

He went because he is a Hibs SUPPORTER.....The team need support....

I don't recall much slating of players last night, maybe they were all too embarrassed to acknowledge the fans for another gutless and inept performance

Sharon
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM

145 - one was a Hearts fan:wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 11:04 AM
He went because he is a Hibs SUPPORTER.....The team need support....

I don't recall much slating of players last night, maybe they were all too embarrassed to acknowledge the fans for another gutless and inept performance

So there was some? If you get stick for a long time, why would you aknowledge those who are giving it?:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
So there was some? If you get stick for a long time, why would you aknowledge those who are giving it?:confused:

Come on Gary, they get stick because they are under achievers....The team never got much stick last night, because people are now resigned to losing....Only the players can get themselves out of this mess, perform better....

That was a long trek for us last night in midweek, that should have been acknowledged

LancashireHibby
12-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Midweek game with nothing riding on it and only a few weeks notice? Not too shabby, I'd say.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Come on Gary, they get stick because they are under achievers....The team never got much stick last night, because people are now resigned to losing....Only the players can get themselves out of this mess, perform better....

That was a long trek for us last night in midweek, that should have been acknowledged

They are underachievers, they have been for a long long time. I think they should be giving the fans some sort of recognition for their effort in making that journey, in fact they should all come to me and the lads who travel a lot further. :wink:

I understand though why they are pissed off, they dont like losing, they ARE probably embarrased, and they are fed up with taking the stick they have had. They probably cant wait to get the hell away from Hibs, and most of us fans feel the same.

basehibby
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM
The 146 Hibs crowd at Inverness is actually a very clear reflection of the effort and commitment shown by the team in recent weeks.

Max Hibs would take to Inverness would be about 1000 (?) so that means the current Hibs team are attracting less than 15% of the potential crowd to Inverness - and lets be honest - it's probably MORE than they deserve!

Jack
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM

I think we should call for a recount, it looked more than that to me. Could it be the under 16s, 2 were allowed in free for each paying adult, weren’t counted? I brought 2 of them along, although TBF one wasn’t strictly speaking mine.

I cant recall any sustained barracking of the players, the odd shout encouraging them to get their fingers oot. The Hibs support started quite vocally actually – well I was standing next to the Goliath that is Gramo – and very supportive. As the game went on however it seemed it was like pissing in the wind and the vocal support became quite subdued and sporadic.

Mixed feelings about the players coming over at the end. The fact as they were involved in an ‘incident’ at the end probably meant their wee footballing brains were fully used up and unable to consider anything else.

And even if that didn’t happen then they were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.

Saturday cant come and, more importantly go, soon enough for me which suggests, despite Hibs best efforts, I have retained a modicum of sanity (which even Scott Lindsay called into question in a light-hearted exchange earlier in the week) which I will cherish, nurture and cultivate for next season.

My daughter, at her first away game, suggested next season will be better. I didn’t have the heart to tell her those have been my thoughts at the end of the season for some 40 years – surely next year though. Eh?

Rory89
12-05-2011, 01:11 PM
145 - one was a Hearts fan:wink:

Two of them were also Caley fans, and another was a Newcastle fan. Oh and according to a Caley fan I was with two were Ross County players. All in all I'd say about 6 or 7 were Hibby's. :greengrin

Sharon
12-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Agree with the above.

It cost 3 of us in excess of £100 with travel to go and watch that not to mention the time it took. I know nobody forced us to go but we took my nephew as it was the last away game of the season.

My husband supports hearts but is a fan of all football. His observation of last night was that we are poor with no leader on the park and that the whole team lacks confidence. He also commented on Colin Calderwoods's body language and thought that he looked a lonely figure on the touchline.

You can sense the apathy at Easter Road these days - it used to hurt when we got beat but now it doesn't seem to matter. The fans have grown to expect poor performances and defeat and the players, whether it is a reaction to the abuse from the stands or not, seem happy to oblige

Ed De Gramo
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I think we should call for a recount, it looked more than that to me. Could it be the under 16s, 2 were allowed in free for each paying adult, weren’t counted? I brought 2 of them along, although TBF one wasn’t strictly speaking mine.

I cant recall any sustained barracking of the players, the odd shout encouraging them to get their fingers oot. The Hibs support started quite vocally actually – well I was standing next to the Goliath that is Gramo – and very supportive. As the game went on however it seemed it was like pissing in the wind and the vocal support became quite subdued and sporadic.

Mixed feelings about the players coming over at the end. The fact as they were involved in an ‘incident’ at the end probably meant their wee footballing brains were fully used up and unable to consider anything else.

And even if that didn’t happen then they were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.

Saturday cant come and, more importantly go, soon enough for me which suggests, despite Hibs best efforts, I have retained a modicum of sanity (which even Scott Lindsay called into question in a light-hearted exchange earlier in the week) which I will cherish, nurture and cultivate for next season.

My daughter, at her first away game, suggested next season will be better. I didn’t have the heart to tell her those have been my thoughts at the end of the season for some 40 years – surely next year though. Eh?

:greengrin

throat is quite sore this morning

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 01:41 PM

so is my head....Noisy bugger

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Agree with the above.

It cost 3 of us in excess of £100 with travel to go and watch that not to mention the time it took. I know nobody forced us to go but we took my nephew as it was the last away game of the season.

My husband supports hearts but is a fan of all football. His observation of last night was that we are poor with no leader on the park and that the whole team lacks confidence. He also commented on Colin Calderwoods's body language and thought that he looked a lonely figure on the touchline.

You can sense the apathy at Easter Road these days - it used to hurt when we got beat but now it doesn't seem to matter. The fans have grown to expect poor performances and defeat and the players, whether it is a reaction to the abuse from the stands or not, seem happy to oblige

I agree with your Husband's observations....

Keith_M
12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure if I want to say congratulations to the 146 that went or not, and that's not meant as a slight on those fans, but on the team. My feeling is that it's 146 supporters more than they deserved.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Hows that like? Something to do with that party you were singing about last night!

Must have been a belter! :party:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2011, 06:01 PM

Were are all off our heads mate. Bus back was the best bit of the day,great laugh! I wonder if Spuds shoes are still wet. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Were are all off our heads mate. Bus back was the best bit of the day,great laugh! I wonder if Spuds shoes are still wet. :wink:

:greengrin:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Hows that like? Something to do with that party you were singing about last night!

Must have been a belter! :party:

Party? That was Macar :wink:

Removed
12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I was standing next to the Goliath that is Gramo

:agree: It's shocking how chubby he is these days :wink:

Ed De Gramo
12-05-2011, 07:12 PM
:agree: It's shocking how chubby he is these days :wink:

:chop: :wink: :greengrin

HibbyKeith
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

bad man :greengrin :top marks

there is always consequences to falling asleep in the company of bored people..