PDA

View Full Version : Can We Please Be Spared Any Lap Of Honour At FT Sat?

smurf
11-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Unless they are all walking round the ground with 'Sorry' T-shirts.

I'm only going on Saturday to pay my respects to Eddie Turnbull.

Please Hibs don't insult us with any lap of honour...

oldbutdim
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I take your point - nothing at all to boast about this season.
But is it not the players 'applauding the fans' rather than a lap of honour?

That's more acceptable.

In fact they shouldn't be applauding me, they should be plying me with drink or offering me a night with their girlfriend/wife to make up for the horror shows of this season.

Unless Michael Mols has signed.

I'd need to be plied with drink before.........

Never mind.

NO LAP OF HONOUR
:aok:

Sammy7nil
11-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I agree they should have SORRY on the front of the T shirt and " I am a wage thief" on the back :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:wink:

hibs0666
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM

What's wrong with the players applauding the supporters for sticking with the team after the total pish they've produced this season?

smurf
11-05-2011, 11:28 PM
What's wrong with the players applauding the supporters for sticking with the team after the total pish they've produced this season?

And we can reciprocate and all go home happy as larry...

Yet come on here and rightly moan and despair at the shambles we are.

Yes we deserve applause but that lot don't IMHO.

RickyS
11-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I agree they should have SORRY on the front of the T shirt and " I am a wage thief" on the back :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:wink:

brilliant mate:top marks

hibs0666
11-05-2011, 11:42 PM
And we can reciprocate and all go home happy as larry...

Yet come on here and rightly moan and despair at the shambles we are.

Yes we deserve applause but that lot don't IMHO.

But we're not the ones doing the lap of honour. Like you I will be out the ground like a shot at the end of the game but there's nothing wrong with the players doing their thing and saying a big that you for the support during this wretched season.

Gala Foxes
12-05-2011, 04:46 AM
The current team should applaud the fans from the Centre at FT and should then leave the field with haste - the day should be left as a day to celebrate a Hibs legend, not a team that has been posted missing for 75% of a dire season & who are , with a very few exceptions, not fit to lace Turnbull or Turnbulls Tornado's boots

hibee92
12-05-2011, 05:07 AM
hows derek riordan gonna get all the way around the pitch? lazy bassa :devil:

Steve-O
12-05-2011, 07:31 AM
They players have shown they don't care about the fans one bit so any 'applause of the fans' would be rather hollow.

HibbyKeith
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
They players have shown they don't care about the fans one bit so any 'applause of the fans' would be rather hollow.

Have to agree with that, last night only victor palsson came over to applaud us, the rest were caught up in the Sodjie/tokley handbags then buggered off down the tunnel. If they can't applaud the 100 or so that were at Inverness last night they can stick their Saturday applause up their arse.

truehibernian
12-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I am looking forward to the lap of honour. It will no doubt be one of the very few occasions we see the players showing genuine pace :greengrin

Duffys13
12-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I am worried if the players get too close, one of us might produce another incident similar to the one last night involving Lennon!!!!(Onli Joking before I get a lecture from the admin!)

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
The whole crowd should get up and leave 10 minutes from the end so that the ground is empty at full time. I bet the sheep fans would be up for that too, coz they have been as gash as us this season.

A lap of contrition would be more appropriate from our lot. I would spare Booth and a couple of others who are just bairns and cant be blamed ( at this stage ) the rest can GTF.

To not make the top 6 can happen, but to be as totally rubbish as they have been in the bottom 6 fixtures is unacceptable and if it continues into the first half of next season we will be relegated next year.

:confused:

Sir David Gray
12-05-2011, 11:01 AM
The whole crowd should get up and leave 10 minutes from the end so that the ground is empty at full time. I bet the sheep fans would be up for that too, coz they have been as gash as us this season.

A lap of contrition would be more appropriate from our lot. I would spare Booth and a couple of others who are just bairns and cant be blamed ( at this stage ) the rest can GTF.

To not make the top 6 can happen, but to be as totally rubbish as they have been in the bottom 6 fixtures is unacceptable and if it continues into the first half of next season we will be relegated next year.

I certainly think it's possible, if things don't improve.

I expect Dunfermline to be stronger next season than Hamilton were this season and if we lose on Saturday, the only other side that we'll have finished above will be St Mirren so it could be between the pair of us, if we don't make some drastic changes in the summer.

I'm just glad that it looks as if we won't be moving to a 10 team league at the end of next season.

HibeeMcGinn1
12-05-2011, 11:06 AM

How about just leaving after the game so you don't see any lap? Instead of moaning on here how you hope they don't.

Franck is God
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Win or lose on Saturday I'd be very disappointed if the players don't lap the pitch after the game. Its not a lap of honour its to say thank you for the support over the course of the season and all teams do it at the end of their final home game.

If you're not interested then leave on the final whistle.

smurf
12-05-2011, 11:39 AM
How about just leaving after the game so you don't see any lap? Instead of moaning on here how you hope they don't.

Just expressing my POV. Others share my opinion on this.

Franck is God
12-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Well share it with them on the way out the gound

.Sean.
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
How about just leaving after the game so you don't see any lap? Instead of moaning on here how you hope they don't.I'll not be staying behind to applaud any of them either - They've been gash all season and surely don't need an applause to recognise this.

Hibs Class
12-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Win or lose on Saturday I'd be very disappointed if the players don't lap the pitch after the game. Its not a lap of honour its to say thank you for the support over the course of the season and all teams do it at the end of their final home game.

If you're not interested then leave on the final whistle.

:agree: There are some players who deserve applause for their efforts this year, others less so. Best to err on the side of caution and applaud - it hardly matters if some mistakenly think it's for them, and CC is hardly likely to take our applause as a signal we're all happy with how the season has gone.

FranckSuzy
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM

That's more acceptable.

In fact they shouldn't be applauding me, they should be plying me with drink or offering me a night with their girlfriend/wife to make up for the horror shows of this season.

Never mind.

NO LAP OF HONOUR

:faf:

Moulin Yarns
12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
The whole crowd should get up and leave 10 minutes from the end

NOOOOOOO! I've got to make a quick getaway, and if everybody else is doing the same I'll get caught up in the traffic.

Greentinted
12-05-2011, 12:41 PM

That's more acceptable.

Never mind.

NO LAP OF HONOUR

I'm thinking you would be more interested in a Lap-dance of honour...come to think of it :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Pointless though. Just looking for an argument or for people to agree with you.

I'll not be staying behind to applaud any of them either - They've been gash all season and surely don't need an applause to recognise this.

Fair point shuggles :greengrin

Liam89
12-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Last night there were posters on here saying that it was awful that the Hibs players did not applaud the fans.

Today, we have fans warning the players not to applaud us as they do not deserve to even look at us hibs fans! Maybe they should just walk down the tunnel with their heads down without acknowledging anyone. :rolleyes:

Beefster
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM

Well share it with them on the way out the gound

Nee naw, nee naw, nee naw. Hands up everyone, the Topic Police are here now.

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM

:top marks 100% correct, they should be wearing masks!

HibeeMcGinn1
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Nee naw, nee naw, nee naw. Hands up everyone, the Topic Police are here now.

That was crap

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
After all the dross we've had to watch this season, we should be the ones giving them autographs and posing for photos.

Beefster
12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
That was crap

Awww. I was hoping for mediocre.

trev the hat
12-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Saturday is a chance for the current squad (and any potential new signings)to see what size of crowd can be achieved at ER if commitment & attacking football is on offer.(take note CC)
Also if anyone is doing laps of honour it should be the likes of :not worthReilly,Stanton,Harper,Blackley,Cropley:not worth etc and certainly not any of the players on show on Saturday.
This game is about Eddie & HFC as a club & i am looking forward to it as if it were a cup final.::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Personally, I am treating this game as if it's the last one we see Deek in a Hibs shirt. For that reason alone, I will be delighted to stand and applaud him in thanks for all the entertainment he's given me.

So dinny get in my way if you're hurrying out of the stadium... :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
The only folk who should be doing a lap of honour are the fans. We could have one big conga.

HibsMax
12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Seems like, again, the Hibs players cannot win. Here we have people NOT wanting them to acknowledge the fans yet less than 24 hours ago they were being slated for doing just that. Ignore the fans - villains. Applaud the fans - villains.

One thing that strikes me as a little unfair is that poor performances are being attributed to not caring. That, to me, is unsubstantiated crap. It's opinion, not fact. It might be true in some / all cases, but it's a risky association to make. My pool team has underperformed for the last two sessions and I can tell you it has nothing to do with lack of passion or desire to win. Good players play bad sometimes. Sometimes that spell runs for more than just one match. What causes it? I haven't a foggiest but I do know that the more you lose the harder it is to win.....and that's without people all over my back giving me grief.

I say let the boys take a lap and acknowledge their appreciation for your support. It's up to you whether or not you believe they are being genuine or just going through the motions. I can only speak as an individual but I really doubt that this season has been easy on anyone.

Craig_in_Prague
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Full time whistle goes, all fans, players, get out ASAP, lights off, end of season. Thank you muchly.

lyonhibs
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
The current team should applaud the fans from the Centre at FT and should then leave the field with haste - the day should be left as a day to celebrate a Hibs legend, not a team that has been posted missing for 75% of a dire season & who are , with a very few exceptions, not fit to lace Turnbull or Turnbulls Tornado's boots

Pray tell, who are the exceptions? Not a single one of those overpaid muppets is even close to lacing the boots of either Turnbull or Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Gala Foxes
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Pray tell, who are the exceptions? Not a single one of those overpaid muppets is even close to lacing the boots of either Turnbull or Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Callum Booth

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Callum Booth

You can't be serious. Maybe in time but certainly not yet.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Full time whistle goes, all fans, players, get out ASAP, lights off, end of season. Thank you muchly.

Who could you trust to turn the lights out?

TrinityHibs
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
hows derek riordan gonna get all the way around the pitch? lazy bassa :devil:

He'll be carried by the rest of the team?:dunno:

Removed
12-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Who could you trust to turn the lights out?

Only one man anywhere near qualified for that job. Tam :coolhib:

sleeping giant
12-05-2011, 08:57 PM
He'll be carried by the rest of the team?:dunno:

:hilarious

silverhibee
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Personally, I am treating this game as if it's the last one we see Deek in a Hibs shirt. For that reason alone, I will be delighted to stand and applaud him in thanks for all the entertainment he's given me.

So dinny get in my way if you're hurrying out of the stadium... :greengrin

Looking very much like it will be Deeks last game in a Hibs jersey on Saturday.

I know this day is to remember Mr Turnbull and everything he brought to Hibs in his time with the club, but it would be nice if Derek got a nice wee send of to for his time at Hibs too, i know its not been his best season but he has been a good servant to the club in both spells with the club, a good Hibby who's dreams came true and got the chance to play for the club he supported as a boy, and go on to score 103 goals for the club.

:not worth :hibees :flag: :cgwa :not worth

DaveF
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Looking very much like it will be Deeks last game in a Hibs jersey on Saturday.

I know this day is to remember Mr Turnbull and everything he brought to Hibs in his time with the club, but it would be nice if Derek got a nice wee send of to for his time at Hibs too, i know its not been his best season but he has been a good servant to the club in both spells with the club, a good Hibby who's dreams came true and got the chance to play for the club he supported as a boy, and go on to score 103 goals for the club.

:not worth :hibees :flag: :cgwa :not worth

If selected :greengrin

silverhibee
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
If selected :greengrin

:wink: :thumbsup: