PDA

View Full Version : CC & Hibs next season

hibee bouncer
11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
CC will have us finishing in the top 6 next season. Once he's got his own signings in over the summer, we'll be a different & better team. Specifically starting a new thread as fed up hearing how poor CC is.......with another mans squad bar a few players.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2011, 10:27 PM
CC will have us finishing in the top 6 next season. Once he's got his own signings in over the summer, we'll be a different & better team. Specifically starting a new thread as fed up hearing how poor CC is.......with another mans squad bar a few players.

:greengrin people have been locked up for less

Kaiser1962
11-05-2011, 10:36 PM
:greengrin people have been locked up for less

They may even have been shot for much less :greengrin

ElginHibbie
11-05-2011, 10:45 PM

:agree:

I have almost stopped coming on here after games just cause I know it will be all "Clueless Colin" talk.

The man did the job he needed to this season, avoid relegation. And while performances have been far from what we would like, it is crazy to think CC will be sitting there without a plan for next season. He just can't put that plan into affect until the transfer window.

But if it comes to December and we are the same position as we were last December, I will happily admit that I am wrong.

Removed
11-05-2011, 10:49 PM

I have almost stopped coming on here after games just cause I know it will be all "Clueless Colin" talk.

The man did the job he needed to this season, avoid relegation. And while performances have been far from what we would like, it is crazy to think CC will be sitting there without a plan for next season. He just can't put that plan into affect until the transfer window.

But if it comes to December and we are the same position as we were last December, I will happily admit that I am wrong.

:faf: after 2 and a half months and 14 posts. Almost but you haven't. Brilliant.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM

and if we are comfy in 8th place :rolleyes:

ElginHibbie
11-05-2011, 10:53 PM
and if we are comfy in 8th place :rolleyes:

I would give him the January transfer window and then if things did not improve would start to think of looking elsewhere.

With the SPL the way it is these days, a team in 8th in December would probably still have responsible shout of qualifying for Europe.

chrisski33
11-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Sorry but i think he should go now

ElginHibbie
11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
:faf: after 2 and a half months and 14 posts. Almost but you haven't. Brilliant.

Was on long before registering. And as I don't post 50 times a day I am not entitled to an opinion is what you are saying?

Removed
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Was on long before registering. And as I don't post 50 times a day I am not entitled to an opinion is what you are saying?

Name me someone who does post 50 times a day?

So you've been looking in for long time, then decide to join. You must have known how the board works, but because others post their opinion about CC you say you nearly stopped coming on. Bizarre.

Post away, everyones opinions welcome. I look forward to reading yours :agree:

Mikeystewart
12-05-2011, 10:40 AM

:top marks

Liam89
12-05-2011, 10:45 AM
When Hughes was in charge Hibs.net was literally filled with posts saying that Hibs were certain to go down and there was no way back. CC comes in and avoids relegation with a lovely bit of form. We narrowly miss out on top 6 and have meaningless games to fill the space until next season, motivation loss hits the players and others are released.

At least give the guy a chance, give him another transfer window and if there is no turnaround within the first 10 games next season then, realistically, we can start calling for his head!

Stevie Reid
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
When Hughes was in charge Hibs.net was literally filled with posts saying that Hibs were certain to go down and there was no way back. CC comes in and avoids relegation with a lovely bit of form. We narrowly miss out on top 6 and have meaningless games to fill the space until next season, motivation loss hits the players and others are released.

At least give the guy a chance, give him another transfer window and if there is no turnaround within the first 10 games next season then, realistically, we can start calling for his head!

Brilliant. 18 losses in 31 games is a lovely bit of form right enough.

And we didn't narrowly miss out on the top 6 - Inverness could legitimately make that claim, but we certainly can't. Incredibly inaccurate appraisal of Calderwood's performance IMO.

St. Johnstone have won their last 3 games after Derek McInnes said that the team had come to the end of the road - how come they haven't suffered from 'motivation loss'? Inverness have been pretty motivated too.

Liam89
12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Brilliant. 18 losses in 31 games is a lovely bit of form right enough.

And we didn't narrowly miss out on the top 6 - Inverness could legitimately make that claim, but we certainly can't. Incredibly inaccurate appraisal of Calderwood's performance IMO.

What was it, 5 or 6 wins in a row? IMO, thats a lovely bit of form. Okay, fair enough, but at one point the odds of us finishing in the top 6 were 80/1 and a few weeks later they were drastically shortened.

Stevie Reid
12-05-2011, 11:02 AM
What was it, 5 or 6 wins in a row? IMO, thats a lovely bit of form. Okay, fair enough, but at one point the odds of us finishing in the top 6 were 80/1 and a few weeks later they were drastically shortened.

We won 5 in a row that effectively ended the very real threat of relegation that our previous form under Calderwood had presented - those wins were very, very welcome, but it looks increasingly like we were given a short term boost by new blood, allied with a very favourable run of fixtures.

Any credit he took from that run has long, long disappeared, and to use those 5 victories as the defining point of Calderwood's tenure is inaccurate IMO, especially when he has won 8 out of 31 overall.

Craig_in_Prague
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I envisage another painful season.

The club needs a complete overhaul, top to bottom.

ahibby
13-05-2011, 08:27 AM
It's fair to say that he has been blooding young players which has contributed to our lack of wins. According to the official website the average age of a Hibs player in the game against Inverness was 21.5 years. I have always said that you need experience in your team for consistency and when we won the points to safeguard us against relegation it wasn't with a team with the average age of 21.5, that's for sure. You can see what is happening at ER. Secured the points, then players told they can leave and then blooding more youngsters. Whats more important since securing our SPL place, getting youngsters ready for next season or simpling winning games with players who won't be here. I can see that but I still have a tinge of pity for those who forked out the cash for season tickets believing that the club would always put out the best players available to them. I understand that CC has to get players he will use ready for next season but the club once again shows some contempt or at least inconsideration to season ticket holders. My hope now is that the sacrifice made since the break pays off in wins next season, it is my hope but I also think he will return to winning ways for the new season.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-05-2011, 08:31 AM
It's fair to say that he has been blooding young players which has contributed to our lack of wins. According to the official website the average age of a Hibs player in the game against Inverness was 21.5 years. I have always said that you need experience in your team for consistency and when we won the points to safeguard us against relegation it wasn't with a team with the average age of 21.5, that's for sure. You can see what is happening at ER. Secured the points, then players told they can leave and then blooding more youngsters. Whats more important since securing our SPL place, getting youngsters ready for next season or simpling winning games with players who won't be here. I can see that but I still have a tinge of pity for those who forked out the cash for season tickets believing that the club would always put out the best players available to them. I understand that CC has to get players he will use ready for next season but the club once again shows some contempt or at least inconsideration to season ticket holders. My hope now is that the sacrifice made since the break pays off in wins next season, it is my hope but I also think he will return to winning ways for the new season.