PDA

View Full Version : Do we now expect hibs to lose?

Cameron1875
11-05-2011, 08:31 PM
When we played hamilton away and then tonight i can safely say i didnt think we had a hope in hells chance of getting something. This team is the worst hibs side i;ve ever seen but the thing is i dont really seem to care about the results as much. People are asking me should they stick money on inverness/ hamilton etc and my reply is " go ahead, easy money". I know we dont have much to play for but calderwood and his team are sucking all the enthusiasm out of watching hibs.

I'll always support hibs but there is so much apathy being felt. Surely it cannot be allowed to continue for much longer.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Sums it for me too!

Capt Mainwaring
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
William Hill had a home win tonight at 10/11. Easiest money ever to be made.

Another shameful display tonight from our set of unprofessional, lazy, sub standard wage thieves who have no idea of the shame that they bring to the jersey and the supporters.

Utter embarrasment again.

DaveF
11-05-2011, 08:48 PM
To answer the OP's question - Yes.

HibbyAndy
11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Hamilton H

St.Mirren H

St.Johnstone H

Hamilton A

ICT A

15 points up for grabs and we take ONE point..From THOSE set of fixtures.

Not good enough.

sleeping giant
11-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Season finished weeks ago for me. Only reason i will be going at the weekend is for the tribute to Turnbull .

The Voice Of Reason
11-05-2011, 09:28 PM
YES - I expected us to lose tonight and therefore had £40 on ICT at Evens (easiest £40 I have ever made!)

Fear not though lads, we have the return of Edwin De Graaf to look forward to next season - that should boost Season Ticket sales! :bitchy:

HibsMax
11-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I'll give you the same answer as I would give if you asked me any of these:
1. do you expect to lose at pool tonight?
2. do you expect to lose at golf tomorrow?
3. do you expect the Heat to finish the Celtics tonight?
4. do you expect Hibs to lose?
and so on.

No. I never expect to lose. I go into everything with a positive, can-win attitude. I don't always win, especially when it comes to golf!, but if you expect to lose then you're already halfway there.

(and it's not "his" team yet :wink:).

new malkyhib
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I'll give you the same answer as I would give if you asked me any of these:
1. do you expect to lose at pool tonight?
2. do you expect to lose at golf tomorrow?
3. do you expect the Heat to finish the Celtics tonight?
4. do you expect Hibs to lose?
and so on.

No. I never expect to lose. I go into everything with a positive, can-win attitude. I don't always win, especially when it comes to golf!, but if you expect to lose then you're already halfway there.

(and it's not "his" team yet :wink:).

Which this Hibs team does. And it is "his" team now - another "safe" uninspiring appointment from he who will not be criticised. To think for another few quid and we could have had Clarke - who's being lauded by Liverpool players for playing a central part in their revival.

HibsMax
11-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Which this Hibs team does. And it is "his" team now - another "safe" uninspiring appointment from he who will not be criticised. To think for another few quid and we could have had Clarke - who's being lauded by Liverpool players for playing a central part in their revival.

Let's agree to disagree. It's his team because he's had one January window to rebuild? Fair enough, if that's the yardstick you're going to use, that's up to you. From this point onwards, any new appointment will only be given one month to totally rebuild the team (in terms of adding to the playing staff during appointed transfer windows).

I can't comment about the guys who "we could have had" because quite frankly, I don't know how many of them we really could have had.

Purehibee_MYB
11-05-2011, 10:16 PM
To be honest, I really don't care about Hibs losing at the moment...we have nothing to play for...the only thing I want is a win next week for ET and I'm happy, the squad is full of a lot of deadwood and therefore I think everyone is just looking to summer now to move on...its not good seeing hibs lose obviously...I have a £10 bet with my dons mate that we will finish above them and that bet was made at the start of the season, who knew it would come down to the last game!

allezsauzee
11-05-2011, 10:19 PM
We seem to be swinging from 1 extreme to the other. We were just about topping ourselves in January , then by March we were talking about a top 6 finish. At the end of the day, CC steadied the ship and we ended up having 7 meaningless games at the end of the season. I'd like to see him given the chance to rebuild the team, but Petrie needs to back him. We need some good quality signings rather than signing 7 or 8 journeymen....and i don't want to hear any pish fom Hibs about wage structures, if a player is class he gets paid well, the others can like it or lump it, they'll get more win bonuses on the back of the best players efforts so they should be happy to have the better players joining us.

RickyS
11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
yes.

matty_f
11-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Season finished weeks ago for me. Only reason i will be going at the weekend is for the tribute to Turnbull .

Same here, and in response to the OP's question, yes, I expected us to lose tonight.

On the flip side, with CC having a full summer window to bring players in and get the pre-season done, I'll be expecting a significantly higher points return than we're getting just now.

A midweek trip to Inverness should be one, even despite our record there, where we should expect to take points.

Removed
12-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Same here, and in response to the OP's question, yes, I expected us to lose tonight.

On the flip side, with CC having a full summer window to bring players in and get the pre-season done, I'll be expecting a significantly higher points return than we're getting just now.

A midweek trip to Inverness should be one, even despite our record there, where we should expect to take points.

He couldn't exactly do much worse though could he. Hand on heart how confident are you really? What would you be willing to put money on as a realistic bet for next season?

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 01:33 AM
When we played hamilton away and then tonight i can safely say i didnt think we had a hope in hells chance of getting something. This team is the worst hibs side i;ve ever seen but the thing is i dont really seem to care about the results as much. People are asking me should they stick money on inverness/ hamilton etc and my reply is " go ahead, easy money". I know we dont have much to play for but calderwood and his team are sucking all the enthusiasm out of watching hibs.

I'll always support hibs but there is so much apathy being felt. Surely it cannot be allowed to continue for much longer.

I would get rid of the training ground and sell it back to Farmer MacTavish for his cattle. At least he'll be able to pick up the sh*t at the end of the day as CC obviously can't.

Unless we make a few quality signings (and I don't mean raiding League 2 in England) then I don't hold out much hope for next season.

I'll be at Easter Road on Saturday but to be honest I probably wouldn't bother if it wasn't to say "thank you" to Eddie Turnbull.

Steve-O
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM

I put $5 on 2-0 ICT, and I also have a double on ICT / Aberdeen to beat us.

Sad, but true.

Aberdeen are on a shocker of a run...there's only one team to play when you want to end a run like that :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
To sum it up, I didnt even remember we were playing last nite???? And if I did I would have put money on ICT, onwards and upwards

Hibeesb0unc3
12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
At home i expect hibs to win or at least get something, but away from home i always expect hibs to lose, so when we do win away from home it's always a nice surprise:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2011, 09:52 AM

Yes we expect to be beaten becuase the players are A - not good enough, B - don't fulfil promise, C - the players are going through the motions.....

Anything other than a defeat these days is a bonus, we need to avoid defeat on Saturday to finish 9th.....

Keith_M
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes

Every single game.

I didn't read the match update threads, have not checked the scores in the newspapers but came on here today to read what everyone thought of our latest defeat. That's how sure I was that, in spite of not even hearing the score, we had got beat again. How sad is that.

I am REALLY p*ss*d off.

Phil MaGlass
12-05-2011, 11:31 AM
cant say Im pissed off, when i read it I though... oh? no real surprise.