PDA

View Full Version : When will players be shown the door?

Jim44
11-05-2011, 01:17 PM
With this weekend being effectively the end of the season, when will the the likes of Riordan, Miller, stack etc., who may be stalling on what we might have offered them and are looking for time to find another club, be shown the door? Presumably they might have until the 21st May, Cup Final Day, as (Stupid I know) we might have needed their services. :greengrin I'm sure Petrie won't relish the thought of these players hanging around picking up wages if they have no intention of signing new contracts. Give them their holiday wages now and ask them to leave the premises, I say. :bye:

Bobo
11-05-2011, 01:27 PM
With this weekend being effectively the end of the season, when will the the likes of Riordan, Miller, stack etc., who may be stalling on what we might have offered them and are looking for time to find another club, be shown the door? Presumably they might have until the 21st May, Cup Final Day, as (Stupid I know) we might have needed their services. :greengrin I'm sure Petrie won't relish the thought of these players hanging around picking up wages if they have no intention of signing new contracts. Give them their holiday wages now and ask them to leave the premises, I say. :bye:

Within five days of Saturday's game apparently:

Caldo: Take it or leave it with Hibs offers (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Caldo-Take-it-or-leave.6766380.jp)

jdships
11-05-2011, 02:40 PM

What exactly do you mean by " shown the door " ?
Players sign a contract which entitles them to be paid from date one until a date two .
They are therefore guaranteed wages up to and including the day their contract runs out
If their services are no longer required before that date a financial settlement is agreed as in a redundancy for people in "normal " jobs .
By what CC has apparently said if a player is offered a contract on , say, 28th May and his old contract ends on 31st he is effectively out of a job on that date until he signs a new contract with Hibs or another club.

:flag:

number9dream
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
The offers to Miller and Stack are on reduced terms, which is a bit of a slap in the face.
Hibs say like it or lump it, leaving the players with a gamble to take - unless agents have already lined something up.
I can't see clubs queuing up for Stack, given his injury record.
I'd hate to see Miller go, fail to find a club offering more, then end up with one of our SPL rivals on much the same as we are willing to pay.

I can understand the club's position in these "challenging economic times".
Cash flow at ER will be at its lowest level for a long time - falling attendances, no bumper transfer fees.
A reduction in wages would be no bad thing for the general health of football and there are sure to be a lot of available players over the summer.
Expect more brinksmanship than ever, with a glut of deals agreed late on and some nasty gazumping.

Jim44
11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
What exactly do you mean by " shown the door " ?
Players sign a contract which entitles them to be paid from date one until a date two .
They are therefore guaranteed wages up to and including the day their contract runs out
If their services are no longer required before that date a financial settlement is agreed as in a redundancy for people in "normal " jobs .
By what CC has apparently said if a player is offered a contract on , say, 28th May and his old contract ends on 31st he is effectively out of a job on that date until he signs a new contract with Hibs or another club.

:flag:

I didn't mean they should be shown the door without any recompense. I'm sayng that there's not much point in having people who have no intention of staying at ER hanging around just to technically fulfil a contract when their sevices are no longer required. So, in keeping with the bit in bold, will the likes of Riordan and Miller be released sooner rather than later?

coco22
11-05-2011, 06:28 PM
surely rod would rather they hing aboot and get what they are contractually obliged to, as opposed to a wee severance fee. do you mean a forthnights advance and get tae frock? despite expressed opinions of deek, he surely deserves a better ending than suggested.

Pedantic_Hibee
11-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I suspect the players will be on holiday after the final game anyway so there'll be naebody hanging about East Mains anyway.

Unless some wanted to come in for some voluntary traini....nah, what a silly suggestion. Ignore me.

Jim44
11-05-2011, 06:43 PM
surely rod would rather they hing aboot and get what they are contractually obliged to, as opposed to a wee severance fee. do you mean a forthnights advance and get tae frock? despite expressed opinions of deek, he surely deserves a better ending than suggested.

I'd have thought that they wouldn't have been contracted far beyond the Cup Final date anyway. It makes more sense to let them away from ER so that they could focus on looking for a new club. I'm not sure what 'better an ending' Riordan might expect.

jdships
11-05-2011, 07:15 PM

:thumbsup:
Agree with what you say !

jdships
11-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I didn't mean they should be shown the door without any recompense. I'm sayng that there's not much point in having people who have no intention of staying at ER hanging around just to technically fulfil a contract when their sevices are no longer required. So, in keeping with the bit in bold, will the likes of Riordan and Miller be released sooner rather than later?

I would think that depends on contract negotiations and how they pan out .
Agents who have a few "clients" are not always available on a daily basis and very few top players sign anything without consulting with their agent .
:greengrin