PDA

View Full Version : Media Dickoh set to stay?

R'Albin
11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-ready-to-drive-a.6766179.jp

"While others are biding their time and have always stated a desire to see out the season before making any decision, Calderwood says that Francis Dickoh has made it clear he would like to stay."

and also intersestingly

"Ivan Sproule is expected to be the first of several new additions to sign up, with the Hibs manager claiming that, while nothing is "set in stone", it is "quite far down the line", but he is also still keen to retain the services of Derek Riordan, Liam Miller, Graham Stack and Dickoh."

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Wasn't convinced by him at first, but then after our good run he looked pretty solid alongside Hanlon, and was subsequently disappointed when it was stated by many on here that he wanted away. However, after his performances in the last 2 months, I am now quite disappointed that it looks like he won't be leaving.

Hibs7
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Would rather he left.

thebakerboy
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
CC also said he wasn't going to be used by players in a bidding war , one offer on the table for 2 to 5 days and if not accepted he will move on. Hope this works but knowing players and their agents unsure of how they will respond , hopefully with the player employment situation he will be successful an new faces will be seen sooner rather than later.

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2011, 10:55 AM
He's hopeless and we need better, otherwise we'll continue to be keek at the back and lose too many goals.

CC haven been a central defender, will surely think we can get better .......:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I was told he hadn't settled so it seems quite a turnaround. I am really worried for us next season if he stays on, Miller stays on and we sign Sproule....Ifs and buts I know at the moment, but these are not players who I would see helping us get the 4th spot which is apparently the Club's ambition:confused:

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
It's worth pointing out that the last game that we won was at Pittodrie with Hanlon and Stephens at CH and Stephens was MOM. Dropping him to bring Dickoh back has been a missed opportunity as well as detrimental to the team, and was a poor management by CC.

JimBHibees
11-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Wasn't convinced by him at first, but then after our good run he looked pretty solid alongside Hanlon, and was subsequently disappointed when it was stated by many on here that he wanted away. However, after his performances in the last 2 months, I am now quite disappointed that it looks like he won't be leaving.

Agree think he is rank to be honest.

Ray_
11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Agree think he is rank to be honest.

IMOH, worst since PC & should be emptied for stupidity alone, given that red card on Saturday.

JimBHibees
11-05-2011, 11:23 AM
IMOH, worst since PC & should be emptied for stupidity alone, given that red card on Saturday.

Agree I am starting to get worried if the quality of players we are looking at is retaining Dickoh and signing Tade.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2011, 11:34 AM
In some games he has looked quite good I thought, albeit, he was made to look a bit of an erse by that Hasslehoff boy from Hamilton. Previously we had heard that he wasn't settled and wanted away and now we hear different? Mabe he had things in his home life that were impacting on his recent form? Either way, I think that he is worth another deal, but my middle two for next season would be Hanlon and Stephens.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Agree I am starting to get worried if the quality of players we are looking at is retaining Dickoh and signing Tade.

I would be worried too, but let's see what happens - remember the several page thread last close season filled with outraged posters fuming at us signing Burton O'Brien?!

GreenPJ
11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't have a problem in keeping Dickoh and still looking to get in an experienced commanding centre half. Both Hanlon and Stephens are still young and are likely to go through dips in form, as is Dickoh so would have him as a good squad player along with Stephens trying to fight to get first team position.

WindyMiller
11-05-2011, 11:46 AM

"While others are biding their time and have always stated a desire to see out the season before making any decision, Calderwood says that Francis Dickoh has made it clear he would like to stay."

and also intersestingly

"Ivan Sproule is expected to be the first of several new additions to sign up, with the Hibs manager claiming that, while nothing is "set in stone", it is "quite far down the line", but he is also still keen to retain the services of Derek Riordan, Liam Miller, Graham Stack and Dickoh."

The bit in bold scares me.
I was hoping for a big clear out with some fresh faces.

patlowe
11-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Would accept him signing on again as a squad player but never good enough long term. He's inconsistent and lacks composure.

Bad Martini
11-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Dearie me. He's one of the worst players (from the back to the front) I've seen in a Green and White shirt in a long time. I'm sure he'll be happy to stay but if we're to aim any higher than "getting by" players like him need emptied.

Bichrist, there's defending badly and making mistakes and there's crass stupidity, proved last week, there's being too slow continually in terms of pace and decision making and finally, there's a generally poor touch. Indeed, he's scored some goals too.....but, thats no saviour for his poor defending.

Luna_Asylum
11-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Not such bad news:

Happy enough if Dickoh stays.
More than happy if Ivan signs.
For the rest if they want to stay that's OK too.

Devine
11-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Dickoh wants to stay SHOCK HORROR!

That might possibly be because hes realised that he cant get a gig anywhere else and he quite likes his kushty wee number at Easter Road. He is absolutely useless, he is positionally all over the place, lacks pace and cant tackle a fish supper he is not even good enough to fill a place in the squad.

If Calderwood decides to keep this imposter then I will start to seriously question his judgement!

Spike Mandela
11-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Hibs playing hardball? Great! Hibs say take it or leave it will have players agents quaking in their boots ............NOT!

Players that are in a wee bit more demand than your average journeyman are hardly going to panic about losing out on a Hibs offer if other similar clubs are also chasing him. I fear the worst.:confused:

Dunbar Hibee
11-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Personally don't rate Dickoh one bit..

3pm
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM
If Hanlon and Booth are going to play we need a real good CH and a good RB. Neither Dickoh or Towell fit the bill in my view.

500miles
11-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I didn't like Dickoh when he first played. I thought he lacked the aggression and decisiveness of a good SPL centre half. However, his form was excellent after the new year. As soon as he got turned inside out by Hasselbaink though, there were cries of derision from the crowd, as if the previous two months never happened. Personally I was more miffed as to why Towell hadn't tucked in, and Palsson wasn't dropping into centre
His form has dropped off a bit again, but I don't think its any coincidence that this has happened when Palsson hasn't been winning his battles, and Towell and Wotherspoon have been guilty of losing their man.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Hibs playing hardball? Great! Hibs say take it or leave it will have players agents quaking in their boots ............NOT!

Players that are in a wee bit more demand than your average journeyman are hardly going to panic about losing out on a Hibs offer if other similar clubs are also chasing him. I fear the worst.:confused:

To be fair, loads on here have criticised Hibs for not making signings quickly enough - as everything depends on whether our current crop stay or go, surely it's only sensible to seek a quick decision and move on to the next target if the answer is no.

JimBHibees
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
In some games he has looked quite good I thought, albeit, he was made to look a bit of an erse by that Hasslehoff boy from Hamilton. Previously we had heard that he wasn't settled and wanted away and now we hear different? Mabe he had things in his home life that were impacting on his recent form? Either way, I think that he is worth another deal, but my middle two for next season would be Hanlon and Stephens.

Dont agree I think we are screaming out for a solid, experienced, commanding centre half who can organise those around him like Hanlon or Stephens.

BSEJVT
11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
If dickoh actually put a tackle in when the ball was on the ground he would be okay.

Fine winning headers, but far too happy to run alongside people when the ball is at their feet.

Doesnt block shots or crosses.

Not for me thanks

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Dont agree I think we are screaming out for a solid, experienced, commanding centre half who can organise those around him like Hanlon or Stephens.

I think that Divis has the potential to do this behind the back two.

JimBHibees
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I think that Divis has the potential to do this behind the back two.

Not sure about that from what I have seen and when I said experienced I also meant better than the other two. A Davie Weir figure if you like. Not sure if someone like Christian Dailly could do a short term job for Hibs, his attitude is exactly what we need.

IanM
12-05-2011, 11:19 AM
would a season deal for Duberry be an answer? still seems to have something.. noticed he will prob be away at the end of the season

ahibby
12-05-2011, 11:25 AM
From the little I have seen of Dicoh I thought he was a decent footballer for a CH. Good control, therefore can dribble a bit, decent passer and last ditch tackler, so I am quite happy for him to stay. Opinions eh.

Saorsa
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM

and also intersestingly

"Ivan Sproule is expected to be the first of several new additions to sign up, with the Hibs manager claiming that, while nothing is "set in stone", it is "quite far down the line", but he is also still keen to retain the services of Derek Riordan, Liam Miller, Graham Stack and Dickoh."I'd rather he was one of those out the door TBH.

Ed De Gramo
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
would a season deal for Duberry be an answer? still seems to have something.. noticed he will prob be away at the end of the season

He's homesick and has been granted leave a couple of times this season.

He'll be heading down south...FACT

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Gramo;2800270]He's homesick and has been granted leave a couple of times this season.

He'll be heading down south...

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Spoket

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Spoke today on phone and away home

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Just found out today Dickoh will return, can pm a admin but dpa restricts me saying more.

Scooter
13-05-2011, 05:14 PM
He's homesick and has been granted leave a couple of times this season.

He'll be heading down south...FACT

He is still based down south and doesnt train with the team most days of the week.

Scooter
13-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Just found out today Dickoh will return, can pm a admin but dpa restricts me saying more.

whats that?

GordonHFC
13-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Think its the Data Protection Act

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Sorry just getting used to my phone.
Through work lately I've spoken to C Nish, Rudi Skacel & Dickoh inetersting chat I have had with all data protection does come into this but will share as pm :aok:

marinello59
13-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Through work lately I've spoken to C Nish, Rudi Skacel & Dickoh inetersting chat I have had with all data protection does come into this but will share as pm :aok:

You'll still be breaking the Data Protection Act and you have advertised that on a public forum. A bit stupid, no?

Arch Stanton
13-05-2011, 06:52 PM

And they agreed to do a short lifestyle survey for you? Doubt it.

delthehibee
13-05-2011, 07:11 PM
No saying you have spoken to blah is not a breach, sharing the info is.

HNA12
13-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Well don't share it on here then whether it is by PM or not.

essexhibee
14-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I hope he goes home he is slower than a week in jail.

MyJo
14-05-2011, 07:47 AM

which is what your doing via PM. Depending on who you work for and if the information came to you via your job then your probably breaching confidentiality rules that would be considered gross misconduct with the majority of companies. :wink:

down-the-slope
14-05-2011, 08:05 AM
:rolleyes: the usual polar opposite .net opinions....

Teams that do well generally have settled defence..particulary CH's & keeper..the sooner we have a fixed first choice 3 the better.

For what its worth FD has been very good when team has been settled with solid formation (and when midfield has provided some cover) Wins well in the air, has pace, and does block well & is good in box attacking. Along with team poor at defending set plays, and not so good against small mobile players.