PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Dundee United tonight

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
It's a tall order but they've already done over the huns at Ibrox this season. A win tonight for the Arabs will see them go only 2 points behind the Yam squeaky bums who on current form are more than likely to get a roasting from Celtic at Tynie tomorrow.

Could then go down to the wire in Dundee on Sunday with the Yams needing a draw to secure that 3rd spot. Well we know what happened the last time the Yams needed a point in Dundee.

C'mon the Arabs.

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 01:41 PM
It's a tall order but they've already done over the huns at Ibrox this season. A win tonight for the Arabs will see them go only 2 points behind the Yam squeaky bums who on current form are more than likely to get a roasting from Celtic at Tynie tomorrow.

Could then go down to the wire in Dundee on Sunday with the Yams needing a draw to secure that 3rd spot. Well we know what happened the last time the Yams needed a point in Dundee.

C'mon the Arabs.

Now that would be funny if that came to pass. Cant see it though as best they will get tonight is a point IMO.

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Hopefully the do it to obliterate rangers chances of champions league group stages next year.

lapsedhibee
10-05-2011, 02:04 PM

What? :dunno:

dangermouse
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
What? :dunno:

I believe they completed part one of a glorious double. Someone must have some video of it somewhere.

blueisthecolour
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Im sure all utd will be on top form tonight, they wont want neil lennon moaning at they in the dressing room oh wait he isnt their manager, mibe he should just make sure his own players are performing and leave utd players to mr Houston.

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Im sure all utd will be on top form tonight, they wont want neil lennon moaning at they in the dressing room oh wait he isnt their manager, mibe he should just make sure his own players are performing and leave utd players to mr Houston.

Would imagine they will want to do well for themselves and their own ambitions and not really care what the ned with a managers coat says. One of the most depressing things about an OF title run in especially with regard to the tabloids is the dissection of the opposition players and trying to link them with one or other half of the OF. Even if a certain player grew up as an OF supporter has absolutely jack to do with how hard he will try or otherwise against whoever they are going to play. It is hugely disrespectful and insulting to the players involved and personally think there is no need for it. United are on their day more than capable of beating either of the OF lets just see what happens and if they do win it wont be because Lennon has inspired them to do so.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Dont normally have a preference, but after this seasons shenanigans by lemon and his cronies, i'd rather the huns won the league.

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Dont normally have a preference, but after this seasons shenanigans by lemon and his cronies, i'd rather the huns won the league.

Same, their pathetic behaviour means that I would much rather the Buns took the title.

However, Dundee Utd winning tonight would be brilliant. It won't happen, but if Hearts were to somehow blow Europe now it would be an immensely beautiful end to an absolutely horrendous season.

Hibs Class
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM

I agree. TBH, Hearts deserve their Euro spot this season as well so I've no problem seeing them qualify.

Lofarl
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I see Blueisthecolor is back posting here again. When was the last time we saw his old pal Jack Regan?

hibiedude
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM

Have to agree BH Rangers to win the league wipping that smug look off Lennons face will do for me. :greengrin

Ollie Reed
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Considering they've already won there, have to win it themselves and what could be a nervy night for Rangers...14/1 for a Dundee Utd win with Vic Chandler is a cracking price.

ancienthibby
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2798408]Dont normally have a preference, but after this seasons shenanigans by lemon and his cronies, i'd rather the huns won the league.[/QUOTE

Lesser of two evils, frankly!

I have little respect for either organisation and while I feel that Lennon may be a good coach and identifier of players, he is grossly unfit to be a spokesman, as manager, of any football club.

Then there is the Govan branch of shame.

D Murray et al should be ashamed of themselves for the years and years they have allowed sectanianism to flourish at Ibrox!!

How on earth did it take Walter Smith who has been at I'Pox for over 20 years to condemn sectarian singing.

OK, right, now I remember, in his his final three months of drawing a paycheck!!

I really hope the Arabs turn them over tonight!!

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I see Blueisthecolor is back posting here again. When was the last time we saw his old pal Jack Regan?

Back when Celtc didnt get any soft penalties. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Considering they've already won there, have to win it themselves and what could be a nervy night for Rangers...14/1 for a Dundee Utd win with Vic Chandler is a cracking price.

15s on Betfair

mim
10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
15s on Betfair

That's a ludicrous price, especially bearing in mind that Utd beat them at Hunbrox a few weeks ago.

I actually think the Huns will win the game fairly comfortably, but I'm going to have a bit of the 15/1 Utd - it's just too big a price to ignore.

8/1 would be a much more accurate view of the chance of Utd winning.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Good luck Dundee utd.

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Good luck Dundee utd.

seconded

Hibernia Na Eir
10-05-2011, 06:09 PM
aye, they could make a lot of folk in Scotland unhappy tonight....including some on this very board :wink:

Double whammy, come on United !!!!!!!!!!

SteveHFC
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
1-0 Huns

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Conspiracy, they're not even trying!

SteveHFC
10-05-2011, 07:10 PM
2-0 Huns

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM
See what I mean!

FastEddieFelson
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
how whittaker hasn't been booked, is absolutely beyond me

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Hamilton losing 1-0 and down to ten men.....Looks like its ta ta :bye:

Man city 1 up v Spurs

Wotherspiniesta
10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Severin and Kenneth have got to be the slowest centre backs in the league.

And I include David Weir in that.

Absolute donkeys!

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Do people really think there are no unscrupulous players in the league that would give less than 100% to one of the OF if it meant they got one over on the other bigots?

What about the player celebrating in their own changing room for a Celtic goal? What about that bigot aberdeen player at ch?

Do you really think they'd make a last ditch tackle in the 93rd minute of the final game to cost their team the title? No chance.

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
St Mirren 1-0 up now....Hamilton are away..... Pity they had to record their only home win against us:devil:

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 08:15 PM
I agree. TBH, Hearts deserve their Euro spot this season as well so I've no problem seeing them qualify.

Hertz deserve nowt, horrible horrible club

Westie1875
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
St Mirren 1-0 up now....Hamilton are away..... Pity they had to record their only home win against us:devil:

Not necessarily, they're at home to ICT on the last day, you never know. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Not necessarily, they're at home to ICT on the last day, you never know. :wink:

True, we now have to win our remaining two games and hope St Johnstone lose to finish 8th. More likely finishing 9th......Poor poor season......

Jim44
10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
With Hamilton for the drop, the good news for us is that, in theory, we stand the chance of at least 6 more points next season. Mind you we'll probably struggle against Dunfermline as well.

Hibs90
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
With Hamilton for the drop, the good news for us is that, in theory, we stand the chance of at least 6 more points next season. Mind you we'll probably struggle against Dunfermline as well.

I remember the days of winning 4-1 against Dunfermline. :greengrin

Hibs Class
11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I remember the days of winning 4-1 against Dunfermline. :greengrin

I remember the days of us putting 9 past St Johnstone, 8 past Kilmarnock and 7 past Livi and some other wee team :greengrin