PDA

View Full Version : Chris Porter (Ex-Motherwell)

Lmc2105
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Just seen that he is to be released by Derby County

If my memory serves me right this guy scored for fun in the spl and is quite a good target man.

Surely maye we could push the wages for this

Would anyone think he would be worth the wages?

with the names we are being linked with ad rather have Porter than Tade :greengrin

KWJ
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
If he can do what he did with Motherwell he most surely would.

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Think he has had major injuries.

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Was saying to my Dad recently that he may be available soon. Would be a great Bosman, but will probably get better wage offers from League One - however, his positive experiences in the SPL before may tempt him back. I'm sure Hearts will have an eye too, mind you.

HibbyAndy
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Was a very decent player for Motherwell IIRC..Was strong in the air too.Would be a welcome addition but again wages IMO would be the down fall.

hibee92
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
yes please :agree: only 27 as well.

Lmc2105
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Was saying to my Dad recently that he may be available soon. Would be a great Bosman, but will probably get better wage offers from League One - however, his positive experiences in the SPL before may tempt him back. I'm sure Hearts will have an eye too, mind you.

That would be a surprise eh :rolleyes:

Aldo
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Did alrite at Well but would prefer Sutton TBH but after the season he has I have a funny feeling he will be heading south or for the Yams as a replacement for Kyle.

keep the faith
10-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Were that lot not after him before he went down south?

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Were that lot not after him before he went down south?

Think they were linked but he went for around £400K IIRC, meaning they were ruled out as serious bidders.

I remember Levein wanted him for Dundee Utd and put a deadline on when he wanted a decision from Porter after speaking to him - the deadline passed and Levein told him to bolt, and Porter signed for Motherwell. Not one of his better calls.

darwenhibby
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
We won't go wrong with a good Darwen Lad in the team.:wink:

Maybe make it a double and get Louis Almond from Blackpool too:aok: