View Full Version : NHC Gun Alert at Celtic training ground

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Things are going from bad to worse.

:crazy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13345655

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
WTF is going on with that bunch of ******s.

Sylar
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I can't decide if it's actually a bit of a non-story to be honest.

Other than the fact that it seemed to happen outside Lennoxtown, the BBC article makes no reference to recent events surrounding Neil Lennon or indeed a mention of the Club, other than the proximity to their training facility.

It's not likely that the players/coaches/staff would have been there anyway, seeing as they were playing in Kilmarnock through the day and would probably have all gone home upon return to Glasgow.

Dangerous journalism IMO :agree:

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I can't decide if it's actually a bit of a non-story to be honest.

Other than the fact that it seemed to happen outside Lennoxtown, the BBC article makes no reference to recent events surrounding Neil Lennon or indeed a mention of the Club, other than the proximity to their training facility.

It's not likely that the players/coaches/staff would have been there anyway, seeing as they were playing in Kilmarnock through the day and would probably have all gone home upon return to Glasgow.

Dangerous journalism IMO :agree:

Tend to agree with that, more likely a few young folks jaked mucking about with an air gun. 5 of the 7 were women. I think there are times when the press should be much more careful in the way they report things.

PaulSmith
10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Tend to agree with that, more likely a few young folks jaked mucking about with an air gun. 5 of the 7 were women. I think there are times when the press should be much more careful in the way they report things.

Agree 100%. Media reaction here is terrible but linking a gun to Celtic gives them a great headline even if it were a spud gun, a toy or some other non lethal device.

Doesn't even say that they found a gun BTW, someone spotted one.

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
STv reporting that it was an imitation weapon.

The fact that seven arrests were made however suggests that the Police have considered the incident to be potentially serious.

Kojock
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Agree 100%. Media reaction here is terrible but linking a gun to Celtic gives them a great headline even if it were a spud gun, a toy or some other non lethal device.

Doesn't even say that they found a gun BTW, someone spotted one.

Total non story, this happened Sunday night, if it was serious they would have been locked up and appeared at court Monday morning and every newspaper would be using it as a lead story.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 10:47 AM

The fact that seven arrests were made however suggests that the Police have considered the incident to be potentially serious.

Was it plastic?

dangermouse
10-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Was Lee Wallace passing by :wink:

Sylar
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Maybe so, but it still doesn't escape from the fact that the link to Celtic Football Club is almost non-existent.

Edit: That isn't a go at you for posting the story by the way - more at the lazy/attempt at sensationalist journalism.

Rougier45
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Using the tem ****** is a disgrace

non story why ?

Hotshot Hamish I think detained does mean locked up

most of the idots are the resapondees oon this thread lazy journalism

Sylar
10-05-2011, 10:56 AM

non story why ?

Where to start...

Rougier45
10-05-2011, 10:59 AM
What is sensaniolist about it ? Its a news report ?

Kojock
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM

non story why ?

Detained means they were taken to a Police Station and questioned.

"They are expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court" means that the journalsit doesn't even know if anybody has been charged with any offences.

In light of recent events any story about Celtc and a gun would have a helluva lot more coverage than a supposed story 3 days later.

Typical Daily Record sensationalism

Sylar
10-05-2011, 11:04 AM

"They are expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court" means that the journalsit doesn't even know if anybody has been charged with any offences.

In light of recent events any story about Celtc and a gun would have a helluva lot more coverage than a supposed story 3 days later.

And why was there a need to mention "draped flags at the gates" :confused:

Sylar
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
What is sensaniolist about it ? Its a news report ?

Please tell me your age is numbered the wrong way and you're really 14.

It would clear a lot up :agree:

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Another version

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/248305-seven-in-court-over-celtic-training-ground-firearms-incident/

Ok there's no direct link with Celtic and similarily there is nothing to suggest that those arrested are Rangers fans but recent events are proof that incidents such as this can't be treated lightly by the Police.

Kojock
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Maybe the alleged firearm was the cane they had removed from the flag.:confused:

Peevemor
10-05-2011, 11:11 AM

Could it have been a bunch of huns posing for a wind up photo. :dunno:

bawheid
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM

non story why ?

Please tell me your age is numbered the wrong way and you're really 14.

It would clear a lot up :agree:

Bit harsh is it not?

There's not that much wrong with Hessenhibee's post. I agree with his first sentence, certainly.

Kojock
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Another version

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/248305-seven-in-court-over-celtic-training-ground-firearms-incident/

Ok there's no direct link with Celtic and similarily there is nothing to suggest that those arrested are Rangers fans but recent events are proof that incidents such as this can't be treated lightly by the Police.

Any mention of a firearm and the Police will treat it as a major incident. They cannot afford to take chances

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
It's like the pish threads on here designed to mislead and draw you in.

Hibs to sign Boyd etc. People posting that crap know what they're doing.