PDA

View Full Version : Who has been your favourite player over the last three years?

matty_f
09-05-2011, 06:07 PM
A wee thread to see if there are still such a thing as fan's favourites at Hibs, and if so, who they are!

Not interested in having loads of "he's pish" or "they're aw murder" type posts, just want to hear who's been your favourite, and why.

My vote would go for Steven Fletcher.

For all the criticism Fletcher got for being one-footed (and at the time he was with Hibs, he was notoriously bad on his right foot), he had loads going for him and when he got the role as our main striker I thought he really came into his own.

I think he's gone on to show what a player he is by becoming the record signing for his last two clubs. The fact that he came through our youth system merely cements his position as my favourite.

If I was to pick one from the current side, I'd probably plump for Booth. Watched him a lot in the 19s and was always impressed, and I've been really impressed with how he's made the step up into the first team.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
A wee thread to see if there are still such a thing as fan's favourites at Hibs, and if so, who they are!

Not interested in having loads of "he's pish" or "they're aw murder" type posts, just want to hear who's been your favourite, and why.

My vote would go for Steven Fletcher.

For all the criticism Fletcher got for being one-footed (and at the time he was with Hibs, he was notoriously bad on his right foot), he had loads going for him and when he got the role as our main striker I thought he really came into his own.

I think he's gone on to show what a player he is by becoming the record signing for his last two clubs. The fact that he came through our youth system merely cements his position as my favourite.

If I was to pick one from the current side, I'd probably plump for Booth. Watched him a lot in the 19s and was always impressed, and I've been really impressed with how he's made the step up into the first team.

Zemmama. I was going to say he rather sums up Hibs' recent history, but that would make out there were frequent moments of excitement.

matty_f
09-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Zemmama. I was going to say he rather sums up Hibs' recent history, but that would make out there were frequent moments of excitement.

I thought about picking Zemmama, but I took him out of the equation because out of the last three years he spent ages injured, or away on loan, or sold!

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 06:17 PM
I thought about picking Zemmama, but I took him out of the equation because out of the last three years he spent ages injured, or away on loan, or sold!

So he underachieved, wasn't there when we needed him, and just about provided enough hope that he was worth persevering with....

Aye, sounds about right for Hibs :greengrin

matty_f
09-05-2011, 06:19 PM
So he underachieved, wasn't there when we needed him, and just about provided enough hope that he was worth persevering with....

Aye, sounds about right for Hibs :greengrin
:thumbsup:

AndersonGGTTH
09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
For me it is quite simply DR10

matty_f
09-05-2011, 06:44 PM
For me it is quite simply DR10

As good a choice as any :agree: - why did you pick him?

R'Albin
09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Always liked Deano, always put in 100% or maybe David Murphy:agree:

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Always liked Deano, always put in 100% or maybe David Murphy:agree:

With the lack of quality that we've had to suffer in the last 3 years, it's absolutely heartbreaking to think that we let him go for a nominal fee - scored some superb goals for us, would take him back in a minute.

Steve20
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
There's not many contenders, but it would have to be Riordan.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Shocking season by his standards but Derek Riordan for me.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Zemmama (when fit and on form which wasn't that often)
Murphy
Fletcher

18/03/07
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Roirdan 01,just for that goal and result at the PBS(casper)

dangermouse
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Last 3 years... has to be Deek. The ability to produce a moment of magic from nothing when you least expect it. Wouldn't put it past him to score a hat trick tomorrow night to finally break our Inverness hoodoo. Not putting my mortgage on it though! :wink:

3pm
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Boruc.

hibsbollah
10-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Zemmama.

smurf
10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Poorer season from him but definitely Derek Riordan.

JE89
10-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Murphy for me. Probably my all time favourite player at Hibs. His touch is unreal

Elephant Stone
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I think Bamba was our best player over the last three years and I'd choose him.

soproni1
10-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Been good seeing Hanlon and Wotherspoon progress into (u21) international footballers - apart from that a couple of great goals here and there from Riordan

Geo_1875
10-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I think Bamba was our best player over the last three years and I'd choose him.

Not the best, but never a dull moment with him. Also liked the way he took the ball forward thinking he was Maradonna, then realised he was more like Nade.

Lofarl
10-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Nade

smurf
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Murphy for me. Probably my all time favourite player at Hibs. His touch is unreal

Pedantic alert... unfortunately Murphy is outwith 3 years...

Elephant Stone
10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Not the best, but never a dull moment with him. Also liked the way he took the ball forward thinking he was Maradonna, then realised he was more like Nade.

Don't be silly.

erin go bragh
10-05-2011, 04:31 PM
deeks only been back for two years and this year he has had his poorest ever season with us . so does deeks deserve it for one season? does zemmama deserve it for half a season[away on loan and injured] or should stokes get it for one season [ 23 goals]
pretty slim pickings trying to pick a player over the last three seasons tbh.
deeks but not much competition .
ggtth

HibbyAndy
10-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Derek Riordan.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-05-2011, 11:15 PM
:not worth:not worth:not worth

zlatan
10-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Sol Bamba

Purehibee_MYB
11-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I think mine is Sol Bamba, purely because he used to cheer me up when we were playing terrible with his mazy runs forward and unorthodox techniques!

Phil MaGlass
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Hanlon and Wotherspoon for me, breath of fresh air, I would have chosen Bamba but with all the bigger club talk, put me off a wee bit.

Dont forget Murray, although(as some say) he is a wee bit slower, has been absolutely solid.

Forza Fred
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Ian Murray.

He may be nearing the end of his HIbs career now, but thinking backover that nominated time frame he's put in some sterling performances.

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Stokes.

Franck is God
11-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Colin Nish.

Despite the constant bashing from the terraces he never moaned and always gave his best. Played alongside Stephen Fletcher, Derek Riordan, Anthony Stokes, Kris Boyd, Stevie Naysmith and they all gave him huge credit for their success and he scored a lot of winners and important goals for Hibs in his short time at the club.

This is not a joke post and quite frankly don't care if nobody else agrees.