PDA

View Full Version : Miller - Staying?

Westie1875
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6922925,00.html

Couldn't see this posted anywhere, looks like he has decided he wants to stay.

Andy74
09-05-2011, 05:35 PM

I hope so, he may not always play to the level he can but I'd rather have him around than not.

bingo70
09-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Thought he'd signed for hearts :confused:

iwasthere1972
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I hope so, he may not always play to the level he can but I'd rather have him around than not.

:agree:

matty_f
09-05-2011, 05:41 PM

I agree. Have been frustrated at times this season with Miller, but even allowing for a few frustrating games he is a good player and is one I'd rather have than be without.

California-Hibs
09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Great player. Will be DELIGHTED if he signs a new deal! We need to build our midfield around Liam Miller! :agree:

sahib
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Great player. Will be DELIGHTED if he signs a new deal! We need to build our midfield around Liam Miller! :agree:

I would rather have kept Rankin.

macca70
09-05-2011, 06:00 PM

He has been our weak link IMO, he's has had a lot more bad games than good. He's yet to put in a performance worth pass marks in a derby.

He's living on a reputation. He's probaly realised the standard club that he would end up at so that's made up his mind to stay!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Hope no...he's pish

aberhibsfc
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
:agree::agree:

Boris
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
An impostor - great skill & ability but the heart of a mouse. One of the key reasons why Hearts midfield have walked all over us in derby games in last couple of seasons. If he's staying at Hibs it can only be because nobody else wants him or he's decided its easy money at the East Mains holiday camp. Get rid.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I retain the eternal hope that a centre midfield core of Miller, Thornhill and Palsson WILL be a good one.

BEEJ
09-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Miller's performance on Saturday unfortunately sealed my view that we'd be better off if he moved on.

Undoubtedly has the ability and the experience but time and time again he fails to step up to the mark in the way that a senior player of his skill and status should.

Boris
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I retain the eternal hope that a centre midfield core of Miller, Thornhill and Palsson WILL be a good one.

I retain the eternal hope that Hibs will win the Scottish Cup or that Nigela Lawson will pop round one night & end up too tired out to cook my breakfast but neither of them scenarios is gonna happen any time soon either:boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
09-05-2011, 06:30 PM
:agree::agree:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

matty_f
09-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I retain the eternal hope that Hibs will win the Scottish Cup or that Nigela Lawson will pop round one night & end up too tired out to cook my breakfast but neither of them scenarios is gonna happen any time soon either:boo hoo:
:agree: Nigela's never too tired to cook.

ancient hibee
09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I think you've more chance with the cook.

Albion Hibs
09-05-2011, 06:47 PM

I would be delighted if Miller signed up. I think he has more ability than any hibs midfielder I can remember for quite some time.

As for the above, I would have to disagree, Thornhill still has a lot to prove, reminds me of Brebner as for Palsson, no thanks.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2011, 06:54 PM
An impostor - great skill & ability but the heart of a mouse. One of the key reasons why Hearts midfield have walked all over us in derby games in last couple of seasons. If he's staying at Hibs it can only be because nobody else wants him or he's decided its easy money at the East Mains holiday camp. Get rid.

TOTALLY AGREE he is afraid of his on shadow has he ever won a tackle in his time at E.R. please dont give me other players should protect him working in midfield he has to be able to tackle.

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2011, 07:10 PM
:agree: Nigela's never too tired to cook.

She would be if she popped into my house, I can guarantee she wouldn't get much sleep...

My wife says I can snore for Scotland. :greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Remember Miller was almost too aggressive when he first arrived? Walking red card in every game?

Liam Miller isn't a wimp. He might be overly timid, but everyone from the school of stand up tackling rather than thundering in everywhere gets grief. See Boozy. It looks soft, but he's more inclined to nick a ball away than make sure he nails a player. He could nutmeg a whole midfield, then Ian Murray could go through someone and nearly get sent off and we'd still sing the latter's name than the former.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Remember Miller was almost too aggressive when he first arrived? Walking red card in every game?

Liam Miller isn't a wimp. He might be overly timid, but everyone from the school of stand up tackling rather than thundering in everywhere gets grief. See Boozy. It looks soft, but he's more inclined to nick a ball away than make sure he nails a player. He could nutmeg a whole midfield, then Ian Murray could go through someone and nearly get sent off and we'd still sing the latter's name than the former.

I know what you mean but Zemamma never got the same critcism. Sorry I think Miller is a pansy :greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I know what you mean but Zemamma never got the same critcism. Sorry I think Miller is a pansy :greengrin

On occasion's I can totally see why. There's been a few occasions this season when he has been really physical. One game he came on as sub in the last 10 minutes in February, he was probably the main guy in closing out the game for us. There's a tackle on the Hamilton highlights that he wins really strongly as well.

But, as you say, there's very obvious times he leaves himself open to abuse, agreed.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 07:28 PM

Miller's performance on Saturday unfortunately sealed my view that we'd be better off if he moved on.

Undoubtedly has the ability and the experience but time and time again he fails to step up to the mark in the way that a senior player of his skill and status should.

Agree with both posts, the amount of challenges he has shirked out of during his Hibs tenure is incredible. Great skill but seen very little of it this season..... Not someone I would want in the trenches, get shot of

matty_f
09-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Excellent point.:agree:

BSEJVT
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Decent Footballer, no question, but usually in a dominant team, which isn't us at this time.

Probably the biggest crapper in a tackle I have seen at ER in 40 plus years.

Boozy was light years ahead of Miller as a "stand up" tackler and also a very good one.

Miller usually doesnt pull out of tackles or try and nick the ball away IMO.

He is just smart enough to never gets near enough to the ball to ever have to put a tackle in.

After months of defending him to my pals because of his ability, his last few home performances have truly sickened me.

Go and go now, he encapsulates IMO everything that has been wrong at ER for years, on a decent wedge but doesnt give a damn and seldom tries a leg.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
If we want Miller punted, the same Miller who was a stand-out in a good Hibs side rather than someone you'd want in the bottom six battle, is that not a bit negative? Does it not buy into the thought that Calderwood's sides have a tendancy towards boring hoofball rather that capable of being entertaining?

AlbertK86
09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
I would like to see Miller stay but he needs to get some consistency.

Best footballing brain at club and in a time where we have very little creativity I would rather we kept him.

Saw on another thread the mention of 3 ross county players coming to us.... Might have the endeavor but we are in danger of going down the Jim Duffy route ... buy a rake of 1st division players and we'll end up there. Don't get me wrong there are some good players there but as far as I see it......none of them have the ability Liam has.

If CC can boot LM's arse and get him the right players around him i believe he can be a big player.

I sometimes think he gets frustrated with his team mates as they don't read the openings as fast as him, so his passes go astray due to the lack of ability around him or he ends up holding on awaiting someone making the right move and ends up being caught in possession.

Very similar to when Stevie Archibald graced our stadium. The only one on the same wavelegnth and with the same speed of thought as him was Johnny Collins.

CC get a clever mob around him and we may yet get the best out of Liam

marinello59
09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
If we want Miller punted, the same Miller who was a stand-out in a good Hibs side rather than someone you'd want in the bottom six battle, is that not a bit negative? Does it not buy into the thought that Calderwood's sides have a tendancy towards boring hoofball rather that capable of being entertaining?

I am a bit confused here as well. Plenty of fans suggesting that the standard of football we have been watching doesn't justify the entrance money and we want to get shot of one of the few decent skillful footballers in the team.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I am a bit confused here as well. Plenty of fans suggesting that the standard of football we have been watching doesn't justify the entrance money and we want to get shot of one of the few decent skillful footballers in the team.

He may have skill in abundance but we rarely see it from him, and I detest players who shirk tackles.....

PISTOL1875
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM

Liam Miller is a bottle merchant.. You clearly haven't seen him like I have turn his back on 50/50's...........

BSEJVT
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
He may have skill in abundance but we rarely see it from him, and I detest players who shirk tackles.....

Me too, that and players patently not trying are unforgiveable for me.

Have never felt that way about guys who are just not good enough as I have always reasoned that its not their fault, but the managers fault for picking them.

If they are putting in tackles and a bit of effort then that's all you can ask from them and its up to the manager to remove them from the team.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Liam Miller is a bottle merchant.. You clearly haven't seen him like I have turn his back on 50/50's...........

See my post after. Yes I have.

Prawn Sandwich
10-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Liam Miller insists he'll stay at Hibs to help bring fans back to Easter Road

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/05/09/liam-miller-insists-he-ll-stay-at-hibs-to-help-bring-fans-back-to-easter-road-86908-23117986/

IWasThere2016
10-05-2011, 05:43 AM
She would be if she popped into my house, I can guarantee she wouldn't get much sleep...

My wife says I can snore for Scotland. :greengrin

She'd sleep at Matty's.

His wife says he bores for Scotland :greengrin

Beefster
10-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Hands up who thinks that Miller didn't get any decent offers from elsewhere?

If he signs on our terms, fine. I wouldn't be pushing out the boat for a good player who turns it on in no more than 25% of games though.

J-C
10-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Good player who needs players around him to do the hard tackling donkey work which allows him to do his creative stuff, also know his wife and kids love it here and are very settled which makes a difference.

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Too risky an investment as he only wants to play occassionally and has the heart of a dormouse.

It's a case of beggars can't be choosers and unfortunately he seems to have chosen us.

bingo70
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't buy into this idea he bottles it from tackles, IMO he tries to come away with the ball when he goes in for a tackle so when it doesn't work it looks like he's bottled it. I think a lot of the time he'd be better off just putting his foot through it and making sure the other team don't get the ball and i don't think tackling is one of his best attributes, however that's different from him bottling it from tackles the way Zemmama used to.

I actually wonder if his best position might be in the hole behind two forwards, he is a clever player and i like the way he's one of our few players that actually looks to go forward with the ball but i'm not convinced being in the centre of midfield is his best position.

GreenPJ
10-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Miller is the only one in the current squad who can actually pick out a pass (albeit he has not done it enough). We know he can do it its Cc's job to get him to do it consistently.

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I would be all for keeping him as he is probably the only one with a bit of creativity going forward. He isnt helped with the quality or lack of movement from some of the forward players. Good ability who needs good players around him which he hasnt had. A good preseaon with a few decent players brought in and he will be flying IMO.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
What we need is a hard tackling midfielder, who shows up week in week out and pushes the team on when things are not going their way, someone who doesnt
5hit himsel goin in for a tackle. If he could do that i would be happy to keep him, but he doesnt, so get rid. The amount of times he has played and hasnt made a meaningful contribution is staggering, for a seasoned pro thats earning a decent wage, just isnt good enough.

Jim44
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Taking into account both the reservations and also the positives, on balance, would you rather have Miller with us or against us, say with the Jambos? I know what I'd rather have.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Taking into account both the reservations and also the positives, on balance, would you rather have Miller with us or against us, say with the Jambos? I know what I'd rather have.

well, I would rather we didnt sign him and see him play for the yams and Murray going in to a 50/50 tackle with him.
change that even a 60/40 tackle.he,d still 5hit it.

bingo70
10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
well, I would rather we didnt sign him and see him play for the yams and Murray going in to a 50/50 tackle with him.
change that even a 60/40 tackle.he,d still 5hit it.

And Murray would probably still miss him.

I agree that we need people with a physical side to them in there but surely you want a footballer as well, not just a bunch of cloggers?

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 09:51 AM

I agree that we need people with a physical side to them in there but surely you want a footballer as well, not just a bunch of cloggers?

I would love to see a footballer at ER... have you seen any this season??

bingo70
10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I would love to see a footballer at ER... have you seen any this season??

No i think everyone has been more or less pish all season, however i still want people with the ability to pass a ball and create things in there and i think Miller has the ability to do that, you said earlier because he isn't a hard tackling midfielder we should get rid, i think there is more to a midfielder than being a hard tackler and i want a balance in there.

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I would also like a bit of balance but for most of the season he hasnt turned up, when he first came to us he looked good andsettled in well , now he looks like he isnt even doing enough just to get by, he has been very, very poor this season(as have others of course) and it cant all be the players around him to blame, if there was 1 person who should have stood up and been counted this season, it should have been him.(Deeks comes a close second).

matty_f
10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't buy into this idea he bottles it from tackles, IMO he tries to come away with the ball when he goes in for a tackle so when it doesn't work it looks like he's bottled it. I think a lot of the time he'd be better off just putting his foot through it and making sure the other team don't get the ball and i don't think tackling is one of his best attributes, however that's different from him bottling it from tackles the way Zemmama used to.

I actually wonder if his best position might be in the hole behind two forwards, he is a clever player and i like the way he's one of our few players that actually looks to go forward with the ball but i'm not convinced being in the centre of midfield is his best position.

:top marks for both posts.

bingo70
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I would also like a bit of balance but for most of the season he hasnt turned up, when he first came to us he looked good andsettled in well , now he looks like he isnt even doing enough just to get by, he has been very, very poor this season(as have others of course) and it cant all be the players around him to blame, if there was 1 person who should have stood up and been counted this season, it should have been him.(Deeks comes a close second).

I actually agree with that, he hasn't been consistant enough and i don't blame the players around him either, i just think he, like many others have had a poor season, however unlike many others he's proven in the past he has ability so i'd persevere with him, i wouldn't break the bank for him and if he leaves i wouldn't shed a tear but if we can come to an agreement with him and he stays i'd be happy enough with that.

Same applies with deeks BTW.

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
The Miller man falls into exactly the same category as DR.

Both are exasperating players with great abilities but unfortunately they just do not produce the goods any longer.

And therein lies a big part of this season's problems. It's time to move on I'm afraid.

GreenPJ
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
What we need is a hard tackling midfielder, who shows up week in week out and pushes the team on when things are not going their way, someone who doesnt
5hit himsel goin in for a tackle. If he could do that i would be happy to keep him, but he doesnt, so get rid. The amount of times he has played and hasnt made a meaningful contribution is staggering, for a seasoned pro thats earning a decent wage, just isnt good enough.

Scottish fitba at its best. How many hard tackling midfielders do we need? Surely that is the role of a Palsson, Stevenson, Scott even Thornhill to a certain extent? Miller should be the playmaker, yes he should not shirk out of tackles but he should not be the spoiler that is surely someone else's role.

bingo70
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Scottish fitba at its best. How many hard tackling midfielders do we need? Surely that is the role of a Palsson, Stevenson, Scott even Thornhill to a certain extent? Miller should be the playmaker, yes he should not shirk out of tackles but he should not be the spoiler that is surely someone else's role.

That's what i was trying to say :greengrin

Golden Bear
10-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Being a "more talented" player does not exclude you from the grafter's duties.
Look at Lionel Messi for instance - the guy works his socks off in every game.

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
The Miller enigma explained:

Decides to leave - better off without the bottle merchant/wage thief/lazy get.

Opts to stay - great to have secured the services of one of the game's most talented midfielders, will thrive when Calderwood surrounds him with grafters.

Simple really.

Spike Mandela
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Reads like the kind of statement we usually get from players just as a deal stalls with the player asking for more than Hibs can afford.

The player then leaves saying " I wanted to stay but Hibs wouldn't pay what I was worth".

Next please.

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
I won't exactly be greetin if he stays but I still believe that we can do better for the money that he is on - not a better pedigree necessarily, but someone who can bring more to the team and put in a good performance 75% of the time. Whilst he no doubt still has something to offer, there can be no denying that Liam Miller's career has been on a downward trajectory since he left Manchester United, and he has done nothing to arrest that at Hibs - in fact there's every suggestion that he's just gonna continue to drop, as opposed to finding his level with us.

His weekly wage could secure us a younger player on the way to becoming a very good player, as opposed to keeping hold of someone whose best days seem further and further away with every passing game in a Hibs shirt. Like with Riordan, the fact that we're even contemplating letting LM go after the excitement generated by his signing shows just how disappointing his 2 years have been.

Albion Hibs
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Totally agree with the bit in bold. Miller more often than not choses not to fly into a tackle/go to ground firstly because I think he looks to come away with the ball at his feet in an attempt to start an attack, and secondly because he knows he is not a good tackler.

We dont need a team of players who just tackle, look at Palsson, the only thing he has done since he arrived, in my mind, is one solid tackle in front of the west stand - is that really the trade off we as fans are looking for.

In any event, all teams have creative players that dont stick in a tackle, if they are generally good at one, they wont be the best at the other, unless of course we are talking about perhaps Gerrard - and lets be honest if they can do all of these things, they wont be playing for Hibs.

3pm
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I hope he leaves. He doesn't do anything and isn't effective.

RickyS
10-05-2011, 01:13 PM

he should be pissin this league and be one of the best midfielders in scotland but he disnae and he's not.

Perspective
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM

Agree he should do more, but he was the best player on the park when we won at Celtic last season and Rangers this year.

3pm
10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Agree he should do more, but he was the best player on the park when we won at Celtic last season and Rangers this year.

Which begs the question why he can piss over those 2 then go missing the rest of the time?!

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Which begs the question why he can piss over those 2 then go missing the rest of the time?!

It is probably linked to the fact that they are more likely to let him play rather than more in your face opponents in other teams.

Cabbage East
10-05-2011, 02:28 PM

Harsh.

He's been an important player in a lot more games than those two. Considering how thin our squad is on quality, keeping talented players should be a priority, irrespective of recent form.

Aldo
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
You dont sign for Man Utd, play in the EPL and become a pish player overnight.
For me he was doing a lot of the work himself in a crap MF.

He needs to play alongside players who will do the donkey work for him thus allowing him to play to his strengths which for me should be in the final 3rd and not in his own half.

Yes he is part of a team and has taken stick and rightly so but cmon...i know I would rather have him sign than leave for someone else ie the Dons or Yams.

If he wants to stay than thats okay with me.

WindyMiller
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
He has been our weak link IMO, he's has had a lot more bad games than good. He's yet to put in a performance worth pass marks in a derby.

He's living on a reputation. He's probaly realised the standard club that he would end up at so that's made up his mind to stay!!

:top marks

Probably not had any other offers.
The man has the heart the size of a pea; shirks every 50/50.

WindyMiller
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
You dont sign for Man Utd, play in the EPL and become a pish player overnight.
For me he was doing a lot of the work himself in a crap MF.

He needs to play alongside players who will do the donkey work for him thus allowing him to play to his strengths which for me should be in the final 3rd and not in his own half.

Yes he is part of a team and has taken stick and rightly so but cmon...i know I would rather have him sign than leave for someone else ie the Dons or Yams.

If he wants to stay than thats okay with me.

He played a total of 9 games!
He left Manure nearly 5 years ago.

Jack
10-05-2011, 05:05 PM
If he plays badly we play badly. Other teams recognise this and do what they can to take him out the game.

Interestingly that when the steel was added to midfield and was effective, Pallson and the others, Miller played the best he’s done for months. Pallson and others have an off game and Miller is off as well.

He’s part of a good team and plays his part in a good team.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd like him to be more consistent but let him go, naw there's a lot i'd bin before him.

Arch Stanton
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
If he plays badly we play badly. Other teams recognise this and do what they can to take him out the game.

Interestingly that when the steel was added to midfield and was effective, Pallson and the others, Miller played the best he’s done for months. Pallson and others have an off game and Miller is off as well.

He’s part of a good team and plays his part in a good team.

Thats exactly how I see it - and since the general hope is that we will have a strong team next season then we will benefit from his presence.

The best I remember him playing was in the midweek friendly for ROI a while back - he dominated midfield that game, so lets hope we can see some of that.

Aldo
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
He played a total of 9 games!
He left Manure nearly 5 years ago.

He played 57 times for Sunderland in the Championship and EPL, as well as on loan to Leeds and QPR (albeit brief ones)

His exerience is essential IMHO.

allezsauzee
10-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Between Palsson, Thornhill and Scott we have enough aggression in midfield. We need a player like Miller for that little bit of creativity and guile. However I think he needs a bit of movement ahead of him so he can play the passes. That's something we've not had much of in recent years....hopefully Ivan can help provide that on his return :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2011, 07:59 PM

How stupid - you'd be missing out on a really good breakfast! :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2011, 08:07 PM

:confused: Don't think I've seen Stevenson put in many hard tackles. I don't think he's a bottler; he's just pretty lightweight IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
10-05-2011, 08:11 PM
:confused: Don't think I've seen Stevenson put in many hard tackles. I don't think he's a bottler; he's just pretty lightweight IMO.

Stevenson has put his fair share of hard tackles in, that is what I like about him, he may be small, but he still gets fired in if need be.....

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Stevenson has put his fair share of hard tackles in, that is what I like about him, he may be small, but he still gets fired in if need be.....

I'm probably seeing him with jaded eyes, as I'm disappointed with how he's turning out, having originally looked so promising - again just my opinion.

snooky
10-05-2011, 08:33 PM
He played 57 times for Sunderland ........

...and the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz" (or at least so I'm told) :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
10-05-2011, 08:38 PM
...and the Tin Man in "The Wizard of Oz" (or at least so I'm told) :wink:

Not the cowardly lion or the straw man, then? :greengrin

Jack
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
How stupid - you'd be missing out on a really good breakfast! :greengrin

Lunch then?

sixtwo
10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Miller has failed to live up to his reputation. He has struggled to impress everywhere he has been since his purple patch at parkhead.

There is no doubt the boy has talent, he just doesn't show it often enough. Is that because he is playing in a rubbish team? perhaps.

I would be neither pleased or dissappointed if he stayed or went.

California-Hibs
10-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Total nonesence. Did you not watch the last derby?! :confused: Not only did he convert the penalty wonderfully, but he ran himself into the ground and was spraying nice passes around all day.

Albion Hibs
10-05-2011, 09:32 PM
It goes without saying that Miller attitude in his younger years affected is stay at the clubs he was at, that does not mean he is not a good player. The reality is if alex ferguson felt he was good enough, there are not many out there who can question that.

Millers first season at easter road was decent, he has not been as good this year, but lets be honest, who has? He has all season been suffering from the fact that he has nothing to pass to.

If the majority on here are after a player in the midfield who can fly into a challenge, then they should have been shouting to keep rankin. Miller has ability, he needs better players up front and out wide to pass to, to be the only player out of 11 that can pass is never going to be easy.

How many games he has had for Man U is irrelevant. He was good enough the be watched and secure a deal there like other prem clubs.

California-Hibs
10-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Well said, agreed! :agree:

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Total nonesence. Did you not watch the last derby?! :confused: Not only did he convert the penalty wonderfully, but he ran himself into the ground and was spraying nice passes around all day.

He played well in that game because Hearts were down to 10 men and he had time and space to spray passes around - like the rest of the team, he was anonymous when it was 11v11. He was also spraying passes around rather well against Hamilton when we were 2-0 as again, they sat back and had time and space. It is also worth pointing out that we didn't win either game.

I have already stated in this thread that I won't be upset if he stays, but there is a more compelling argument for him to be let go.