PDA

View Full Version : Hibs set to sign Boyd

SkintHibby
09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Not been on Hibs.net for a wee while so apologies if already posted.

Hibs are set to sign a highly rated player from Ross County called 'Boyd'. A Google search brings up Scott Boyd - not sure if it's him though.

Source 100% accurate.:agree:

JimBHibees
09-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Seems like we are linked with every Ross County player.

Think he is a centre back thought he was getting on a bit.

SkintHibby
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Person told me he was a full back - things can get confusing with drink though.:wink:

Seemingly deal 100% done and dusted.

Beefster
09-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Not been on Hibs.net for a wee while so apologies if already posted.

Hibs are set to sign a highly rated player from Ross County called 'Boyd'. A Google search brings up Scott Boyd - not sure if it's him though.

Source 100% accurate.:agree:

Person told me he was a full back - things can get confusing with drink though.:wink:

Seemingly deal 100% done and dusted.

100% accurate but you don't know exactly what player we're signing and you're not sure of his position?

Golden Bear
09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
This guy?

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/squad/1st-team/scott-boyd.aspx

JimBHibees
09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
This guy?

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/squad/1st-team/scott-boyd.aspx

The Ginger Pele, brilliant. :thumbsup:

SkintHibby
09-05-2011, 03:36 PM
100% accurate but you don't know exactly what player we're signing and you're not sure of his position?

I'm not interested if you don't believe me.

I'm only reporting what I was told (but was told to keep it quiet:greengrin).

Golden Bear
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Just wait for it -------------------------------

:blah:

Stevie Reid
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Linked to Gregory Tade in the EN as well.

Hamish
09-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Saw that about Tade (pronounced Tad(eh). I have seen him a few times. Never impressed me, struck me as First Div. being his level. But hey what do I know?

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM
gtf wae more ross county players fer gawd sake :brickwall or are we actually preparing for life in div 1 at the end of next season :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
gtf wae more ross county players fer gawd sake :brickwall or are we actually preparing for life in div 1 at the end of next season :rolleyes:

Gone are the heady days of signing players from Falkirk. :devil:

Hermit Crab
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Its only speculation ffs. Wait until the official site announce it!:rolleyes:

FromTheCapital
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Thought you ment Kris Boyd...:rolleyes:

ac1
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Gone are the heady days of signing players from Falkirk. :devil:

:greengrin They were the days!

Gatecrasher
09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Saw that about Tade (pronounced Tad(eh). I have seen him a few times. Never impressed me, struck me as First Div. being his level. But hey what do I know?

As long as he has a better scoring record that Nade (pronounced PISH)

Franck is God
09-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I see no issues at all bringing in this type of player. Our first choice next season is likely to be Hanlon and Stephens so we need players that want to be part of a squad and push for places in the team.

As for Tade, always heard good things about him although I'd heard that Butcher was looking to him as a replacement for Rooney at ICT.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Asked a Raith supporting pal of mine, who said:

"favourite player, absolutely gutted hes left. Worst striker of the ball I've ever seen, although he does score the occasional screamer. But he runs for 90minutes and terrifys defences, so long as there is someone up front with him who can kick the ball, it's a good system. Also he's a really nice guy, always smiling and never plays dirty"

Ollie Reed
09-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Asked a Raith supporting pal of mine, who said:

"favourite player, absolutely gutted hes left. Worst striker of the ball I've ever seen, although he does score the occasional screamer. But he runs for 90minutes and terrifys defences, so long as there is someone up front with him who can kick the ball, it's a good system. Also he's a really nice guy, always smiling and never plays dirty"

On that alone, sign him up noo.

Lmc2105
09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Don't really know much about either of them tbh ..

but will give them a chance all the same

Hopefully we do go for a few others

Wouldn't mind Jamie Hamill and Rooney to or am a asking to much from the board :greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Is Scott Boyd not responsible for THAT gut-wrenching moment in Dingwall?

brydekirk
09-05-2011, 09:55 PM
:agree:

Hiber-nation
09-05-2011, 10:01 PM
So that leaves Tam McManus, Austin McCann and Kevin McBride as the only 1st division players we haven't been linked with.

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM

That was Graeme Smith was it not. :rolleyes:

bingo70
10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
So that leaves Tam McManus, Austin McCann and Kevin McBride as the only 1st division players we haven't been linked with.

:greengrin

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=9440

They sound pretty gutted to be losing him which isn't always the case with players we've been linked with, however if we do sign him i'd hope it's as a squad player, what we and paul hanlon in particular need is an experienced no nonsense centre half that will help organise the defence, another inexperienced untried centre half is the last thing we need IMO.

delbert
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Yes, why would we want to sign any players from Ross County, they are 1st Division so must be crap, after all last twice we played them we absolutely pissed all ove............ oh wait a minute !!

bingo70
10-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes, why would we want to sign any players from Ross County, they are 1st Division so must be crap, after all last twice we played them we absolutely pissed all ove............ oh wait a minute !!

The fact they are first division means that they are worse than us and we're crap, despite the fact they beat us once last season.

I'm not saying because of that this guy is no good, however i can understand the concerns, especially if it's true we're going for a squad of aound 20 players next season so we can get quality over quantity.

Albion Hibs
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
My main concern with this guy and a few others is we are tapping guys in the lower leagues in there mid twenties, how much better can they actually get in there professional careers?

When Scott came to Hibs some came out with a ridiculous comparison to Scott Brown, a player that at the same age was going from Hibs to Celtic, not the lower leagues to Hibs.

I would be a lot more excited if it was a player in his late teens who actually looked like a prospect for the future. I would however say I have never paid any attention to them or seen the play really.....as they are in the league below us.

KWJ
10-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Mind watching him in their games v Dundee United and he stood out as a good player.

Sylar
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
If it's the same Scott Boyd who was at Livingston as a youngster, he certainly looked a very capable young defender.

Needed an experienced head next to him in those days, or he went AWOL on occasion, but he's probably grown up quite a bit since those days.

Livingston are renowned for having one of the best youth development programs in Scotland, so these guys have a good caliber about them (as we've seen since Scott joined Hibs).

JimBHibees
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
If it's the same Scott Boyd who was at Livingston as a youngster, he certainly looked a very capable young defender.

Needed an experienced head next to him in those days, or he went AWOL on occasion, but he's probably grown up quite a bit since those days.

Livingston are renowned for having one of the best youth development programs in Scotland, so these guys have a good caliber about them (as we've seen since Scott joined Hibs).

It is.

IWasThere2016
10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Good player. We will sign decent/experienced players also - no doubt in my mind.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Good player. We will sign decent/experienced players also - no doubt in my mind.

And hopefully some players with pace, and also creative / exciting players.

Watching Hibs for quite a while now has been mind numbing.

TowerHibs
10-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Know and played with Boyd since we were teenagers - not worth a fee or wages (regardless of how small)

Shocked that we don't have a youth coming through will better quality. Hanlon and Boyd at the back next year spells distaster