PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v A'deen Crowd (Ned Tribute)

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know about this one. Would love it to sell out for Ned, and any other time I think the home stands would have been full.

This season though, has been such a militant snorefest, I feel that too many of our fans have followed the players example and switched off for the season.

Stevie Reid
09-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Would love to be wrong but even given the occasion I reckon that we'll do well to break 10,000.

basehibby
09-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Ever the brazen optimist, I think the fans will make an effort for this one - I expect a respectable crowd of 12,000 plus - would have been a bumper crowd had not both sides been in such dismal form

Golden Bear
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I would think that the Dons will have a sizeable support and the home crowd will be bigger than normally expected simply because of the ET factor.

I'll go for 12,632.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
15,000 - 16,000.

Chuck Rhoades
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM
According to e-ticketing there are only 2,860 remaining. The whole away section is shown as sold out, so im guessing the full stand is going to the Dons.

Either way there are 2,860 for us Hibbys to snap up and belt out tribute songs to Ned!

For all of those constantly moaning about ticket prices, £5 child, £10 Adult - no excuses!

Vini1875
09-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm sure the away also shows as sold out since it is not for Hibs supporters.

California-Hibs
09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
If there are only 3,000 odd tickets left then that means in the region of 17,500 have been sold already and we still have 5 days till the game. Would love it if that was the case, but surely those figures are wrong. Cmon guys, get down to show how much Turnbull ment to our club. No excuses with it bring 10 and 5 pound. Poor form doesnt matter, he DESERVES the best send off possible.

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Gutted I'm going to miss this but I'll be in The Dam for my stag weekend.
I'll be raising more than one glass to Ned.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
If there are only 3,000 odd tickets left then that means in the region of 17,500 have been sold already and we still have 5 days till the game. Would love it if that was the case, but surely those figures are wrong. Cmon guys, get down to show how much Turnbull ment to our club. No excuses with it bring 10 and 5 pound. Poor form doesnt matter, he DESERVES the best send off possible.

Aberdeen have been allocated the entire South Stand which will have cash gates on the day as well as them being able to buy tickets in advance. I don't for one minute expect, even with the reduced prices of £10 and £5, that they will even get anywhere near filling half of it. If they do then that would be a magnificent effort on their part considering it is a pretty much a meaningless fixture in terms of league placings.

There's about 2,900 seats still available in the other three stands however IIRC there are somewhere in the region of 1,500 corporate/missing seats in the West and FF stands that are not available for sale online. Maybe even a bit more than that.

I suppose what I am really saying is it's anyone's guess how many will turn up. I would be surprised if it's below 15,000 and will keep my fingers crossed that the figure will be a lot higher than that. Also depends on how many season ticket holders don't turn up although I would hope that they may pass their ticket onto someone if they are not using it themselves. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
record attendance for the season coming up :agree:

Aldo
09-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Could well see a record attendance IMHO but that will depend on how many sheepy fans travel south.

They have been given the whole away end and can either buy tickets from their ticket office or pay at the gate on the day.

I think the attendance will be just short of 18,000

PiemanP
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Would love a big crowd, however I'm not sure we will even realistically break the 10K barrier.

yes Eddie Turnbull was a legend for the club, but I can't see that adding 5-10k people onto the gate compared against the last 3 home games.

Aberdeen fans will bring around 1000 i reckon. Both teams support has hugely dropped in the latter parts of the season.

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Ideally his name alone would be enough to prompt a sold out Hibs section. Even with £10 tickets, that's clearly not going to be the case now. The prices are spot on from Hibs, but they really need to make it a proper event especially as recent entertainment has been so rotten. Has there been anything actually publicised yet? If they announced guest appearances etc tomorrow, they might just have a chance of breaking 15-16k with a couple of thousand of Aberdeen fans.

Sad to say, the state of both clubs means the actual footballing side of promoting Saturday's game couldn't have been any more of a failure.

Keith_M
09-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Despite tickets sales going well (if that is the case) there were 3-4,000 Season Ticket holders that didn't turn up for the last two home matches. Don't be surprised if the crowd is poor. It would be a shame if it is though, considering who this game is a tribute to.

What would be really nice would be if the players showed some respect by making the fare on offer fit for the occasion. Neither teams have anything to lose so why not go out there and show us what you can do.

Franck is God
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Aberdeen will pretty much fill their end, they know how to show respect to a great man in their history.

If we don't fill all our seats as a tribute to a legend such as Turnbull that gave a huge chunk of his life in the service of Hibs then quite frankly it's pathetic and will be yet another embarrassment along the lines of all our empty seats at Hampden against them.

iwasthere1972
09-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Despite tickets sales going well (if that is the case) there were 3-4,000 Season Ticket holders that didn't turn up for the last two home matches. Don't be surprised if the crowd is poor. It would be a shame if it is though, considering who this game is a tribute to.

What would be really nice would be if the players showed some respect by making the fare on offer fit for the occasion. Neither teams have anything to lose so why not go out there and show us what you can do.

I would expect that a large percentage of them would attend Easter Road to at least pay their respects to Eddie Turnbull. They may even be tempted to grab a seat and take in the football that's on offer.

Ollie Reed
09-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Ideally his name alone would be enough to prompt a sold out Hibs section. Even with £10 tickets, that's clearly not going to be the case now. The prices are spot on from Hibs, but they really need to make it a proper event especially as recent entertainment has been so rotten. Has there been anything actually publicised yet? If they announced guest appearances etc tomorrow, they might just have a chance of breaking 15-16k with a couple of thousand of Aberdeen fans.

Sad to say, the state of both clubs means the actual footballing side of promoting Saturday's game couldn't have been any more of a failure.

I'd imagine Richey, there'll be a few faces from the Tornadoes days and Eddie's football playing days making an appearance at HT or before.

Think we may be a wee bit pessimistic in regards to the attendance and be quite close to filling the stadium on the day.

HibbyKeith
09-05-2011, 06:49 PM
End of season affair that would usually be drab and worthless to many now has a significant purpose, showing thanks to a great Hibernian man!

With the gate prices dropped there is no excuses. He gave his fooballing life to our beloved club and everyone and his dug should be at this game if possible.

Lets give Ned an easter road send off that he rightly deserves and one his family will remember forever.

Glory Glory

Codheed
09-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Coming up for only my second ever game - got a ticket for somewhere in middle of East Stand ! Can't wait - like a bloody big daft kid waiting for Christmas - only 5 more sleeps !

Moulin Yarns
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Wouldn't it be great if there was a trophy to play for in his memory. Probably not enough time to organise something fitting though.

AndersonGGTTH
09-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Coming up for only my second ever game - got a ticket for somewhere in middle of East Stand ! Can't wait - like a bloody big daft kid waiting for Christmas - only 5 more sleeps !

There is optimism out there i see :greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd imagine Richey, there'll be a few faces from the Tornadoes days and Eddie's football playing days making an appearance at HT or before.
Think we may be a wee bit pessimistic in regards to the attendance and be quite close to filling the stadium on the day.

I'd think that too, but they'd do themselves a lot of favours if they gave some sort of itinerary by the middle of the week. Without that, people might just think they're missing a minutes applause and a rotten game of football. If Stanton, Edwards, Reilly, Brownlie etc are known to be taking part in proceedings though - bums on seats.

Anyone remember the reception Turnbull for the Gordon Smith tribute game at Tynecastle? Magic :agree:

seanraff07
09-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Hoping to break the 18k barrier for the first time since the new East was built :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Could Ivan play as a trialst?

... Thought not :greengrin

The Harp
09-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Aberdeen will pretty much fill their end, they know how to show respect to a great man in their history.

If we don't fill all our seats as a tribute to a legend such as Turnbull that gave a huge chunk of his life in the service of Hibs then quite frankly it's pathetic and will be yet another embarrassment along the lines of all our empty seats at Hampden against them.

I'd be very surprised if the Aberdeen end is more than half full. Even that would be a fair turn out from them considering their attendances lately and the fact that it's the last game of the season, and the distance involved.

francobaresi
09-05-2011, 11:24 PM
good day for a few shandies and see ET off in style... football comes 2nd on Saturday...

Pretty Boy
09-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Can't make it because i'm working, gutted i can't be there.

Know a fair few guys going though who haven't been to ER since the Mowbray/Collins days. I reckon there will be a crowd that will surprise a few folk.

Sticking my neck out and saying 17K plus.

LamontHFC©
10-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm going to be there :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin.

Home on Wednesday from the big US of A for the summer. Excited for my first Hibs game since the derby at Christmas :rolleyes:.

Getting up every weekend to watch to us this season has been painful though!

rossi
10-05-2011, 02:57 AM
What time does the FA cup final kick off?:wink:

AndersonGGTTH
10-05-2011, 07:14 AM
What time does the FA cup final kick off?:wink:

never mind that... Hibernian F.C -v- Aberdeen F.C sat 15th may !! All you need to know :wink:

Aldo
10-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Taking my 6 year old daughter to her 1st Hibs game on Sat. She cannot stop going on about it TBH.

Hope she likes it cos this might persuade her mum to let us go a bit more often????

CMON folk its only a tenner for adults and a fiver for everyone else.....come out and show yir respects for a great man.

hibeeleicester
10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
WISH I WAS THERE :fuming:

Phil MaGlass
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Good chance Aberdeen will bring a big support, due to it being the last game of the season and a few beers in Edinburgh. Lets hope the weather is good.
I would hope for 17,000

RIP
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM

There's a big difference now mate. In those days Hearts Marketing team were shifting tickets in up to groups of 4 to every applicant. Hibs FC were RESTRICTING tickets to 1 per applicant, based on either being a Hibs ST or having a quarter final ticket stub. Their glory hunters could go in numbers, ours were unable to get a ticket

It's five years ago but I still can't believe the true facts of this game are so easily forgotten. Fife Hyland has improved ticket marketing substantially since then.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 10:19 AM
There's a big difference now mate. In those days Hearts Marketing team were shifting tickets in up to groups of 4 to every applicant. Hibs FC were RESTRICTING tickets to 1 per applicant, based on either being a Hibs ST or having a quarter final ticket stub. Their glory hunters could go in numbers, ours were unable to get a ticket

It's five years ago but I still can't believe the true facts of this game are so easily forgotten

Were also able to get a ticket if you attended (and kept your ticket stub) the Hibs v Dundee United game on the 4th March 2006. http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=4806

I managed to get 3 stubs :wink: and Hibs won the game that day 3-1. Nearly 16,500 turned up so a good marketing plan by Hibs. There were a fair number of Hibs fans who paid to get in and left without even seeing a ball getting kicked. However they went away happy (with their ticket stub) knowing they were assured of a ticket for Hampden.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
For anyone who is interested.

According to e-ticketing there are now only 2846 tickets available in the home stands.

West 1353
FF 988
East 505

:flag: :flag:

Over and out. :aok:

Dashing Bob S
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Aberdeen will pretty much fill their end, they know how to show respect to a great man in their history.If we don't fill all our seats as a tribute to a legend such as Turnbull that gave a huge chunk of his life in the service of Hibs then quite frankly it's pathetic and will be yet another embarrassment along the lines of all our empty seats at Hampden against them.

You wot?

I'll be surprised if it's anywhere near half-full.

RIP
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Were also able to get a ticket if you attended (and kept your ticket stub) the Hibs v Dundee United game on the 4th March 2006. http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=4806

I managed to get 3 stubs :wink: and Hibs won the game that day 3-1. Nearly 16,500 turned up so a good marketing plan by Hibs. There were a fair number of Hibs fans who paid to get in and left without even seeing a ball getting kicked. However they went away happy (with their ticket stub) knowing they were assured of a ticket for Hampden.

Well remembered.

The big difference I remember is my Hearts chums went out and bought groups of tickets for extra family members, work colleagues, mates from the pub and they made a day of it. We had to be organised with our stubs. Our regular supporters went to the trouble but the one for one approach still prevented all but the best organised amongst us (you were clearly one) from buying tickets for mates.

It took a few supporters forums and complaints to Ian Spence before anything was done to sort out the Ticketing side.

Mind you given the situation that day with O'Connor, Riordan and Sproule I'm sure the 5000 additional fans that could have gone were grateful they were spared the pain :greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Well remembered.

The big difference I remember is my Hearts chums went out and bought groups of tickets for extra family members, work colleagues, mates from the pub and they made a day of it. We had to be organised with our stubs. Our regular supporters went to the trouble but the one for one approach still prevented all but the best organised amongst us (you were clearly one) from buying tickets for mates.

It took a few supporters forums and complaints to Ian Spence before anything was done to sort out the Ticketing side.

Mind you given the situation that day with O'Connor, Riordan and Sproule I'm sure the 5000 additional fans that could have gone were grateful they were spared the pain :greengrin

I also remember the 4 hour wait in the freezing cold at Easter Road one morning queuing to get the tickets for the semi final. My legs haven't been the same since. :greengrin Good job we didn't get to the final because I wouldn't have done it again.

IIRC a certain guy called Goodwillie scored his first goal for Dundee United in the game I mentioned previously. I wonder what became of him.

Chuck Rhoades
10-05-2011, 12:08 PM
According to e-ticketing.

2,817 seats left.

Away end plus corporate availability shown online = 4,840

Capacity is 20,421

So before any away fans/executive boxes, we have sold 12,764 for the home end.

Think the Sheep will bring at least 2,000 so attendance should already be over 15,000 assuming all ticket holders attend the game.

iwasthere1972
10-05-2011, 12:45 PM
According to e-ticketing.

2,817 seats left.

Away end plus corporate availability shown online = 4,840

Capacity is 20,421

So before any away fans/executive boxes, we have sold 12,764 for the home end.

Think the Sheep will bring at least 2,000 so attendance should already be over 15,000 assuming all ticket holders attend the game.

Too much time on my hands at the moment. :agree:

Think if you count the actual seats sold (excluding hospitality and the away stand) the figure is nearer 11774. For some reason that are quite a number of seats in the west stand that aren't included in the plan. Can't remember the actual figure but it's in the hundreds. It could be as many as 500 and there are 250 corporate/hospitality seats in the FF.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Anything 15500 + would be an Excellent crowd

.Sean.
10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
You wot?

I'll be surprised if it's anywhere near half-full. I can only remember twice when Aberdeen have came anywere near filling their end - a game when McManus scored a beuty and a 2-1 win in the aftermath of Hicham Zerouali's death.

mon the cabbage
10-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Im going.

Westie1875
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Any news yet on what's actually happening on Sat (other than the match being played obviously), minutes silence? Players from Eddie's Aberdeen & Hibs teams appearing? Etc, etc.... ?

Cabbage East
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Im going.

Great stuff.

madgoalie87
10-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I can only remember twice when Aberdeen have came anywere near filling their end - a game when McManus scored a beuty and a 2-1 win in the aftermath of Hicham Zerouali's death.

Aberdeen used to always sell out not that long ago bud. I remember when the new stands opened they always brought as big a suport as hearts and the ugly sisters

FranckSuzy
10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
never mind that... Hibernian F.C -v- Aberdeen F.C sat 15th may !! All you need to know :wink:

You'll find the stadium will be empty then :wink:

Peevemor
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Aberdeen used to always sell out not that long ago bud. I remember when the new stands opened they always brought as big a suport as hearts and the ugly sisters

I don't think so. Maybe about 1/2 - 2/3 but not more than that.

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
2,685 remaining for the home end (excluding corporate seats).

Sales been quite slow the last 3 days, not much marketing from Hibs either I presume?

WellingtonHibby
11-05-2011, 10:55 AM
hibs are quite right to liimit the marketing of this game IMHO. Hawking tickets on the back of the death of a great would be tawdry as. definitely not Hibs Class.

DaveF
11-05-2011, 12:04 PM
hibs are quite right to liimit the marketing of this game IMHO. Hawking tickets on the back of the death of a great would be tawdry as. definitely not Hibs Class.

Think that's a great point and would certainly have been in the thoughts of the PR people at the club.

It's not as if there hasn't been hefty coverage of ET's passing in the media over the last week so Hibs didn't have to (or want to) do anything extra.

marinello59
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Good chance Aberdeen will bring a big support, due to it being the last game of the season and a few beers in Edinburgh. Lets hope the weather is good.
I would hope for 17,000

I would doubt that. There was less than 6000 in their own stadium last night for their last appearance there this season. They gave up on their team months ago.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I would doubt that. There was less than 6000 in their own stadium last night for their last appearance there this season. They gave up on their team months ago.

:agree:

11 home defeats this season, apparently.

Broken Gnome
11-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Think that's a great point and would certainly have been in the thoughts of the PR people at the club.

It's not as if there hasn't been hefty coverage of ET's passing in the media over the last week so Hibs didn't have to (or want to) do anything extra.

I know we don't know his families wishes or what Hibs have considered, but it would've been quite easy to promote former player appearances etc. in a dignified manner. It's a difficult one, but surely Hibs could've done a wee bit more this week to make sure the attendance was befitting of the occasion. It's in everyones interests for the ground to be as full as possible surely?

Not a criticism of any negligence by Hibs given the circumstances, just think any marketing could have been done well within the realms of good taste and respect.

marinello59
11-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I know we don't know his families wishes or what Hibs have considered, but it would've been quite easy to promote former player appearances etc. in a dignified manner. It's a difficult one, but surely Hibs could've done a wee bit more this week to make sure the attendance was befitting of the occasion. It's in everyones interests for the ground to be as full as possible surely?

Not a criticism of any negligence by Hibs given the circumstances, just think any marketing could have been done well within the realms of good taste and respect.

Are there any Hibs fans unaware that this game is being played as a tribute to Eddie Turnbull? The club have dropped admission prices substantially and have issued regular updates on the Official site. I don't really think the club can do any more to get the ground full. That's down to us as fans now.

Broken Gnome
11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Are there any Hibs fans unaware that this game is being played as a tribute to Eddie Turnbull? The club have dropped admission prices substantially and have issued regular updates on the Official site. I don't really think the club can do any more to get the ground full. That's down to us as fans now.

Think the unsold tickets show, rightly or wrongly, that we need all the incentives we can get to actually attend a game at present. A properly publicised event would doubtless attract more people along. The tenner entrance fee and Eddie's passing should be enough, course it should, but it's not going to attract more than 15k along by the looks of things. Sad but seemingly true.

Edit - as highlighted by the new information in the other thread, I'll just pipe down now...

Frazerbob
11-05-2011, 01:30 PM

5500 at Todders last night meaning a few thousand sheep ST holders couldn't be arsed going to a game they'd already paid for at their home ground. This suggests that £10 tickets for Saturday won't exactly entice thousands to flock to a meaningless game 3 hours down the road.

I don't expect a crowd significantly bigger than the last couple of pre-pre-season friendlies.

erin go bragh
11-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Any news yet on what's actually happening on Sat (other than the match being played obviously), minutes silence? Players from Eddie's Aberdeen & Hibs teams appearing? Etc, etc.... ?
Hibs players are wearing a commemorative strip with eddie turnbull, 1923 - 2011 under the badge, us fans can leave written tributes to the great man at the west stand reception up until fri at 5pm,then all tributes will be bound in a book and presented to e t family .
ggtth

thebakerboy
11-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Hibs players are wearing a commemorative strip with eddie turnbull, 1923 - 2011 under the badge, us fans can leave written tributes to the great man at the west stand reception up until fri at 5pm,then all tributes will be bound in a book and presented to e t family .
ggtth
There will also be books open in all concourses on Saturday plus members of the Tornadoes and other ex players from both clubs leading tribute before game and all music to be Hibs orientated culminating with Ned's favorite Sunshine on Leith according to official site.

trev the hat
12-05-2011, 02:06 PM
As it stands there is -206 seats left in the East
916 in the FF
1,247 West
Total available-2,369

So if all sheep,seasons & corporate turn up a highly respectable 18k plus crowd would be fantastic for Eddie.:flag:

Capacity- 20,421:hibees

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
916 in the FF
1,247 West
Total available-2,369

So if all sheep,seasons & corporate turn up a highly respectable 18k plus crowd would be fantastic for Eddie.:flag:

I checked the availabilty late last night (well 1am this morning :greengrin) and there were 2674 seats available. Over 300 seats (240 in the east stand) sold this morning . :thumbsup:

No way it will be full on Saturday but certainly well over the 10-12K that some folk have predicted.

IWasThere2016
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
916 in the FF
1,247 West
Total available-2,369

Booking mine tonight .. there is not a lot left!

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
hope ER is full for Eddie...
the current team deserve a crowd of Zero...

madhibby
12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I am assuming the game is not all ticket and fans will be able to turn up on the day and just enter via the pay turnstiles?

So hopefully that will boost numbers and Hibs will promote this option.

I would be very surprised if Aberdeen have over 1,000 fans and with the South stand holding 3,900 and gaps in hospitality a very good crowd will be anything over 16,000.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I am assuming the game is not all ticket and fans will be able to turn up on the day and just enter via the pay turnstiles?

So hopefully that will boost numbers and Hibs will promote this option.

I would be very surprised if Aberdeen have over 1,000 fans and with the South stand holding 3,900 and gaps in hospitality a very good crowd will be anything over 16,000.

I'm not so sure about that although I do know that there will be cash gates for Aberdeen fans.

At the recent Hamilton match at Easter Road I couldn't recall seeing any cash gates in the East Stand. Don't know if that was the same for the FF and West Stand.

trev the hat
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Taken from the sheep website -

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110504/hibernian-v-aberdeen-last-game-of-season_2217950_2348565

Bobo
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not so sure about that although I do know that there will be cash gates for Aberdeen fans.

At the recent Hamilton match at Easter Road I couldn't recall seeing any cash gates in the East Stand. Don't know if that was the same for the FF and West Stand.

Cash was being taken at the turnstiles at the St. Johnstone game and the tickets handed out as you went through the gate.

I'd imagine something similar will be in place on Saturday to prevent folk from having to queue up at the ticket office windows. I think they've also started selling match tickets over the counter in the club shop as well?

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
2309 seats now available.

1222 West Stand
903 Famous Five
184 East Stand

Over and out. :aok:

RIP
12-05-2011, 07:15 PM
In recent home games we have had 3 to 4,000 missing season ticket holders

Our crowd on Saturday depends more on how many ST's show face than how many walkups appear

iwasthere1972
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
In recent home games we have had 3 to 4,000 missing season ticket holders

Our crowd on Saturday depends more on how many ST's show face than how many walkups appear

I couldn't agree more. e-ticketing sales are on a par with what they were last month for the visit of the Yams. If everyone turns up then I would say there would be a crowd of 14,000-14,500 plus what Aberdeen bring.

GreenCastle
12-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Think Aberdeen are only selling tickets for the lower of the South Stand

IWasThere2016
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Settled for HH - the penultimate row of the Upper West - a great view of proceedings!

The teams had better put a show on for Ned!

Mon the Hibees! :thumbsup:

RIP
13-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Settled for HH - the penultimate row of the Upper West - a great view of proceedings!

The teams had better put a show on for Ned!

Mon the Hibees! :thumbsup:

Right G - mind and take your camera then - to take a photie of Hibs12thMan's flag display

IWasThere2016
13-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Right G - mind and take your camera then - to take a photie of Hibs12thMan's flag display

My bro is the arty/photographer type - so consider it done.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Seat Availability Update

West Stand 610
Famous Five 568
East Stand 148

Total 1326

Either there's been a glitch overnight with the e-booking system or there's now a mad scramble for tickets.

Looking very promising for a great turnout. Hope the players do their part to make it a memorable day.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

GreenCastle
13-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Seat Availability Update

West Stand 610
Famous Five 568
East Stand 148

Total 1326

Either there's been a glitch overnight with the e-booking system or there's now a mad scramble for tickets.

Looking very promising for a great turnout. Hope the players do their part to make it a memorable day.

1st ever East Sellout....maybe..

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 02:30 PM
1st ever East Sellout....maybe..

That would be brilliant. All we need now is for all the season ticket holders (or the majority of them) to turn up plus all the corporate/hospitality seating to be full. I would think that Aberdeen are capable of at least filling the lower tier of the South Stand seeing as it's the last match of the season and it's to remember one of their former managers who I'm sure lots hold in high esteem.

moredun
13-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Seat Availability Update

West Stand 610
Famous Five 568
East Stand 148

Total 1326

It's now showing

East stand - 149
West stand - 356
FF stand - 417

Total - 992

As an aside, it is an all-ticket match or can Hibs fans pay at the gate?
I was thinking if you can pay at the gate, they might have left a section or 2 or certain amount of seats available and not sold those seats, would go with the fact that 44 and 45 sections were "unavailable" early on, maybe not though, hopefully they have sold the tickets for them.
It is looking to be a cracking Hibs crowd at least:aok:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 02:39 PM
It's now showing

East stand - 149
West stand - 356
FF stand - 417

Total - 992

As an aside, it is an all-ticket match or can Hibs fans pay at the gate?
I was thinking if you can pay at the gate, they might have left a section or 2 or certain amount of seats available and not sold those seats, would go with the fact that 44 and 45 sections were "unavailable" early on, maybe not though, hopefully they have sold the tickets for them.
It is looking to be a cracking Hibs crowd at least:aok:

Your total should read 922. :wink:

Anyway it's now
West 339
FF 417
East 148

Total 904

Something going on. :confused:

moredun
13-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Your total should read 922. :wink:

Anyway it's now
West 339
FF 417
East 148

Total 904

Something going on. :confused:

:doh:
What a turnip eh :greengrin

East stand now 39!!

Now 24 lol

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 02:55 PM

East stand now 39!!

Now 24 lol

Whose going to tell the sheep that we cannae accommodate any of them due to the extraordinary demand for tickets by Hibs fans or some office junior at the ticket office has been tampering with the computer. :greengrin

moredun
13-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Whose going to tell the sheep that we cannae accommodate any of them due to the extraordinary demand for tickets by Hibs fans or some office junior at the ticket office has been tampering with the computer. :greengrin

Well since your post at 3.10 and now, in that hour we have sold another - 602

FF stand - 409
West stand - 294
East stand -21

Total left - 724

Hopefully a sell out from the Hibs fans:aok:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 03:12 PM

East stand now 39!!

Now 24 lol

East Stand 21 :thumbsup:
West Stand 322
FF Stand 409

Total 752

Chuck Rhoades
13-05-2011, 03:16 PM
East Stand 21 :thumbsup:
West Stand 322
FF Stand 409

Total 752

Surely these cannot be accurate figures, literally hundreds have been sold at the end sections of the west in the last two hours, people aren’t going to choose to sit there as there first choice. I reckon they have taken a chunk of tickets from each section for PATG. The end two sections of East towards were the Away End were sold-out on Monday. But Section 43 (singing section, and more central) still isn’t. I really don’t think we can trust what we are seeing on e-ticketing.

I will go for 15,010 at the game.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Surely these cannot be accurate figures, literally hundreds have been sold at the end sections of the west in the last two hours, people aren’t going to choose to sit there as there first choice. I reckon they have taken a chunk of tickets from each section for PATG. The end two sections of East towards were the Away End were sold-out on Monday. But Section 43 (singing section, and more central) still isn’t. I really don’t think we can trust what we are seeing on e-ticketing.

Me neither.

RoxburghHibs
13-05-2011, 03:25 PM

But can you actually do that anymore?

I thought you had to purchase tickets at the ticket office on the day? Any time I have done this they use the same system to purchase your ticket.

So I reckon this is accurate as to tickets sold + season tickets. How many actually turn up on the day is another question entirely.

BarneyBreslin
13-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Me neither.

Just spoke to the Aussie lass, reason its showing the east with no availability is because they have printed off tomorrow walk up tickets for the turnstyles. She did say sales have been good tho.

RoxburghHibs
13-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Just spoke to the Aussie lass, reason its showing the east with no availability is because they have printed off tomorrow walk up tickets for the turnstyles. She did say sales have been good tho.

Ok I thought you could only get tickets at the three windows outside the ticket office.

So they are allowing you to purchase tickets on the gate - that's good to know.

iwasthere1972
13-05-2011, 03:44 PM

:aok:

moredun
13-05-2011, 04:12 PM

See with that though, if you look online it says no availability, so anyone looking will think it has sold out, as it doesn't say if their is patg for Hibs fans on the fishy site, it should be made clear their is tickets available at the turnstyles.
So if people try to book online, they are getting told "none left" when there actually is, hence they might not end up going, surely they could print out tickets and still
have them available showing online.

Dashing Bob S
14-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Looks like it shall be a jolly good turnout for Ned.

I shall certainly raise a glass of gin to him.

Chin chin!

Hakim Sar
14-05-2011, 08:39 AM

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Latest figures ?

hibbymac
14-05-2011, 09:08 AM

:confused: ..... mins. since Hibs won a game? ...... steps in the East stand? ..... press-ups Sodje will do before the K.O. ?

GGTTH :flag:

Wembley67
14-05-2011, 09:20 AM
What is the recent fascination with crowds pre-game? Is this influencing people if they will go or not? e.g if it's going to be a big turnout then heh ho, I may as well go along as well.

Closet yams :wink:

moredun
14-05-2011, 09:38 AM
What is the recent fascination with crowds pre-game? Is this influencing people if they will go or not? e.g if it's going to be a big turnout then heh ho, I may as well go along as well.

Sorry, will run it by you next time

Offended, are you a manc?:wink:

moredun
14-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Latest figures ?

651 by my count

12 left in the East

Ringothedog
14-05-2011, 09:59 AM
651 by my count

12 left in the East

plus at least 2500 tickets which will be available for PATG fans. I will be surprised if the crowd gets anywhere near 15000. Aberdeen might bring 2000 fans. That leaves 2000 empty seats in their end and I think we will have about 12000 fans, that would be 4000 empty seats in our end. Not all ST holders will turn up.

Still an excellent crowd considering how bad both teams have been this season

RIP
14-05-2011, 10:00 AM
The crowd, the attendance, filling seats, people dressed as seats, wee team big team :rolleyes:

I went to a concert last week. I also went to the cinema. I went to a birthday party week before.

But I wouldn't have gone if they hadn't been well attended

iwasthere1972
14-05-2011, 10:01 AM

I find it more exciting than the games nowadays. :agree:

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 10:03 AM
The crowd, the attendance, filling seats, people dressed as seats, wee team big team :rolleyes:

I think it looks good to have your stadium packed and it would be a good tribute to Eddie.

RIP
14-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I think it looks good to have your stadium packed and it would be a good tribute to Eddie.

It will be a good tribute to Eddie because of the sentiments expressed

The amount of people there today is completely irrelevant and lengthy discussion on that topic merely trivialises the importance of the occasion

We may never pack our stadium. We didn't before and now there's an extra 3500 seats it's even less likely

We seriously need to change the record

Wembley67
14-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Crowd is 3.7 million to satisfy you fetish lovers.

Judas Iscariot
14-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Crowd is 3.7 million to satisfy you fetish lovers.

Not that you'd of been in it though :rolleyes:

Wembley67
14-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Not that you'd of been in it though :rolleyes:

Nut, **** that. I'm clever and went to the pub.

Dashing Bob S
14-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Garbage crowd but more than we deserve.

R'Albin
14-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Garbage crowd but more than we deserve.

What was the figures?

ozzie
14-05-2011, 04:55 PM
anybody know the official attendance

TheEastTerrace
14-05-2011, 04:57 PM
anybody know the official attendance

11767 according to BBC

Broken Gnome
14-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Could they not have introduced the ex-players? Didn't have a scoob who was there.

joe breezy
14-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Have to consider how woeful the fare on the pitch has been from both teams recently though, would've been 7000 perhaps otherwise

Golden Bear
14-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Could they not have introduced the ex-players? Didn't have a scoob who was there.

I was a bit disappointed that the Club didn't make more of the occasion and it would have been fitting if a reference was made to ET's contribution at Aberdeen FC.

Broken Gnome
14-05-2011, 06:11 PM

I was a bit disappointed that the Club didn't make more of the occasion and it would have been fitting if a reference was made to ET's contribution at Aberdeen FC.

Good, wasn't just me - all felt a bit throwaway. And there certainly should've been more of an Aberdeen acknowledgment.

Gatecrasher
14-05-2011, 06:31 PM
i took this video as the pre match, sorry about the quality but the iphone is pretty pish at that sort of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeodwWNL5c&feature=channel_video_title

Removed
14-05-2011, 06:33 PM

:agree: I thought that as well. Made out a few from where I was sat FF lower, Tony Higgins, Jackie Mac, Lawrie Reilly, but the least I expected was a roll call as they walked out. Not exactly hard :confused: and were there any ex Aberdeen players there as well :dunno:

jakki
14-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I found the thread about contributing to the flag too late to subscribe, but will subscibe to another for the surplus to be allocated.

I was so disappointed when the flag was brought onto the pitch that only the Westies could see it. Couldn't it have been shown to both the FF and East stand? It was there long enough to be rotated for all to see it?

I was also disappointed that our Eddie was not acknowledged about his history with Aberdeen FC.

Other than those points, I was glad to be there to show my appreciatrion of what he did during his playing carear and in management.

RIP Mr Turnbull

Nakedmanoncrack
15-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Can this be the last time we have people posting figures of the numbers of tickets supposedly left, fantasising about sell outs etc? Was never going to happen no matter how people tried to hype it up on here, thought attendance was respectable in the circumstances.

Codheed
15-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Must admit , I believed all the hype about the expected crowd size and was ultmnately disappointed with the attendance - but what happened to the 4-5k extra tickets that were supposed to have been sold ? - can't believe that many people would have bought them and then just not turned up - decent enough day after all .

Thought the crowd that did turn up were magnificent in their support , bit surprised at the mass exodus though with 15 mins to go - mind you I probably only stayed , because I had a couple of quid on Hibs scoring at least 3 goals , at 6/1 with Ladbrokes . :rolleyes:
When I mentioned that to the bloke next to me , just after Liam Miller's first minute effort , he just said " Aye , best of luck with that , pal " - clearly , a regular attendee !!!

snooky
15-05-2011, 10:32 AM
:agree: I thought that as well. Made out a few from where I was sat FF lower, Tony Higgins, Jackie Mac, Lawrie Reilly, but the least I expected was a roll call as they walked out. Not exactly hard :confused: and were there any ex Aberdeen players there as well :dunno:

Agreed. It would have been better to have brought the old players out individually and announced. Also, playing SoL about 20min before KO was puzzling to say the least.

DaveF
15-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Agreed. It would have been better to have brought the old players out individually and announced. Also, playing SoL about 20min before KO was puzzling to say the least.

Completely agree.

Though in keeping with our whole season the 'tribute' to ET lacked any sort of organisation and was amatuerish at best.

Moulin Yarns
15-05-2011, 11:29 AM
bit surprised at the mass exodus though with 15 mins to go

I admit I was one of those that left, but that's because I had to get home and then back down to Perth for the theatre "6 black Candles" by Des Dillon, was very entertaining.