PDA

View Full Version : A Wee Helping Hand

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm trying to find out the goal scorers from a couple of Hibs games. First was against Clyde on 24/04/71 and we won 5-1. Second was against Dumbarton on 03/03/73 and we won 5-0. Can anyone help or at least point me in the direction where I could find out?

Barney McGrew
09-05-2011, 08:05 AM
I'm trying to find out the goal scorers from a couple of Hibs games. First was against Clyde on 24/04/71 and we won 5-1. Second was against Dumbarton on 03/03/73 and we won 5-0. Can anyone help or at least point me in the direction where I could find out?

Have you tried ihibs.co.uk?

Sherlock Jones
09-05-2011, 08:09 AM

www.ihibs.co.uk is a great site and it's linked at the top of these pages.

Clyde on 24/04/71
Jimmy ORourke hat-trick (2 penalties)
John Hazel
Joe Baker

Dumbarton on 03/03/73
Alex Cropley (2)
Johnny Hamilton
Alan Gordon
Arthur Duncan

ihibs.co.uk gives all sorts of stats and you can do several kinds of searches.

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 08:47 AM
www.ihibs.co.uk is a great site and it's linked at the top of these pages.

Clyde on 24/04/71
Jimmy ORourke hat-trick (2 penalties)
John Hazel
Joe Baker

Dumbarton on 03/03/73
Alex Cropley (2)
Johnny Hamilton
Alan Gordon
Arthur Duncan

ihibs.co.uk gives all sorts of stats and you can do several kinds of searches.

Have you tried ihibs.co.uk?

Cheers guys will check it out.

heretoday
09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
I used to keep a journal in those days and my rather sparse, end-of-season entry for the Clyde match reports that Hibs started shakily!

Cropley was man of the match.

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Turns out the Clyde game I was looking for was on 03/11/73 in which Pat Stanton scored a hat-trick. The other was indeed the game you gave me the stats for Saltire. Those were my first 2 Hibs games. I was only 10 and my father (not a footballing man) took me to them. I remember being somewhat annoyed he didn't take me regularly although now I realise just what a wrench it was for him to take me at all since he never enjoyed the experience in the slightest lol.

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I used to keep a journal in those days and my rather sparse, end-of-season entry for the Clyde match reports that Hibs started shakily!

Cropley was man of the match.

Ha cheers mate. My eternal memories from those two games are Cropley and Stanton. Weirdly though I remembered the score of the Clyde game wrongly. I thought it was 6-1. It was 38 years ago mind and my memory is failing fast. :confused:

Sherlock Jones
09-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Turns out the Clyde game I was looking for was on 03/11/73 in which Pat Stanton scored a hat-trick. The other was indeed the game you gave me the stats for Saltire. Those were my first 2 Hibs games. I was only 10 and my father (not a footballing man) took me to them. I remember being somewhat annoyed he didn't take me regularly although now I realise just what a wrench it was for him to take me at all since he never enjoyed the experience in the slightest lol.

Not a bad couple of results to start off your Hibs supporting years :greengrin

A Pat Stanton hat-trick :not worth

stanton_4
09-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Not a bad couple of results to start off your Hibs supporting years :greengrin

A Pat Stanton hat-trick :not worth

Indeed... how could I not be a Hibby after those games.
Incidentally I named my band after the great man. He signed his Dream Team book to Stanton from Stanton. To say I was chuffed would be an understatement. :greengrin