PDA

View Full Version : Current Season Ticket Holders - Why have you not renewed?

Ants
08-05-2011, 07:53 PM
As an long established season ticket holder ((25 (minimum) years+)), I have yet to find a reason why to renew for the forthcoming season....

I will list my reasons below why, you can also add to these:-

1. Poor performances throughout the season.
2. Lack of inspiration from the current manager.
3. Manager playing players who will not be here next season.
4. No positive statement of intent/investment coming from directors.
5. Entertainment value is well below the prices asked for.
6. Reflecting on this season, why should I (along with x amount others) pay for a season ticket expecting a top 6 finish paying top 6 prices and get a bottom 6 finish, no value for money games (thanks to the SPL), no compensation from Hibs...... p!shy poor in my eyes.
7. We are expected to pay vast amounts of hard earned money upfront for a season ticket, without any guarantee of any quality...EH?

blairwallace
08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
9 pager

i've renewed, that's all

Hibs Class
08-05-2011, 08:00 PM
9 pager

i've renewed, that's all

I've renewed too. I feel such a fool now after reading the OP.

marinello59
08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I hate Hibs. And fitba. I really don't know why I had a season ticket in the first place.

Albion Hibs
08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
As an long established season ticket holder ((25 (minimum) years+)), I have yet to find a reason why to renew for the forthcoming season....

6. Reflecting on this season, why should I (along with x amount others) pay for a season ticket expecting a top 6 finish paying top 6 prices and get a bottom 6 finish, no value for money games (thanks to the SPL), no compensation from Hibs...... p!shy poor in my eyes.
7. We are expected to pay vast amounts of hard earned money upfront for a season ticket, without any guarantee of any quality...EH?

Because you are a hibs fan?

hibs0666
08-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I renewed.

1) Hibs FC is my club for better or worse. If me and others like me don't pitch in the dosh then there is no HIbernian Football Club for the generations yet to come.

Jay
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
We have renewed as well and have to admit there have been a few times since that I have thought of how much I could have done with that money but when it comes down to it its what we do on a saturday and have done for years. AND you just never know................:pray:

What I will say though is if Hibs dont look at giving the ST holders some benefit throughout the year it may come back and bite them on the bum. This season they took our money and forgot all about us - offering reduced prices and free tickets to non ST's a few times.

Westie1875
08-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I've renewed, I am hopeful for better next season but in order to get that the club need money from ticket sales.

matty_f
08-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I renewed. I get all the stuff about entertainment being crap and there being no value for money and that but...

I never, ever became a Hibs fan because we were an entertaining or particularly good side. My formative Hibs years were watching Miller's team.

If it was just about entertainment and value for money, I'd have given up on going to football a long, long time ago.

hibee_girl
08-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I've renewed too, didn't cross my mind not to do so.

woody47
08-05-2011, 08:14 PM
My son and I have both renewed because I hate shopping more than watching Hibs and that is what I would have to do if I didn't go to go to the games. :greengrin

Mikey
08-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I've renewed. Can't really expect the club to spend money they don't have so buying a season ticket helps give them that.

Antifa Hibs
08-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Comes down to ££££ for me. Stumping up £415 (:faf:) won't do anyone any favours in the long run. Our season ticket prices appear to increase over inflation most seasons. £415 for an SPL season ticket is nothing short of a farce. Our cheapest season ticket is twice the price of cheapest Bundesliga and Serie A season ticket. Its on par with alot of the mid-lower EPL teams and only slightly cheaper than some of your upper-middle EPL clubs.

Now I know they have multi billion pound TV deals at their disposal blah blah blah but forget all that, what I have mentioned above is FACT, and its a ridiculous fact that we are paying the same to watch Hibs v St Mirren as it would to see Leverkusen v Bremen or Milan v Lazio! There are plenty other small countries with pish leagues on the continent and I gurantee not one of them can claim that they pay the same as Inter Milan fans!

I've also fell out of love with the Scottish game. The pantomine that its been this season has been nothing short of an embarrassment, 10 team leagues, death threats, refs striking, break aways etc.

I also have zero faith in our board.

matty_f
08-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Comes down to ££££ for me. Stumping up £415 (:faf:) won't do anyone any favours in the long run. Our season ticket prices appear to increase over inflation most seasons. £415 for an SPL season ticket is nothing short of a farce. Our cheapest season ticket is twice the price of cheapest Bundesliga and Serie A season ticket. Its on par with alot of the mid-lower EPL teams and only slightly cheaper than some of your upper-middle EPL clubs.

Now I know they have multi billion pound TV deals at their disposal blah blah blah but forget all that, what I have mentioned above is FACT, and its a ridiculous fact that we are paying the same to watch Hibs v St Mirren as it would to see Leverkusen v Bremen or Milan v Lazio! There are plenty other small countries with pish leagues on the continent and I gurantee not one of them can claim that they pay the same as Inter Milan fans!

I've also fell out of love with the Scottish game. The pantomine that its been this season has been nothing short of an embarrassment, 10 team leagues, death threats, refs striking, break aways etc.

Still, at least you don't go on about it.:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I've renewed. Can't really expect the club to spend money they don't have so buying a season ticket helps give them that.

True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone. Our a business to have a manageable debt to go for growth, like 99% of businesses the world over.

For the money our loveable wonderful (useless) board take out of us every season, despite performances and league finishes, you could get a very good standard of player for that.

Antifa Hibs
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Still, at least you don't go on about it.:greengrin

I'm a consistnt moany bassa, you can give me that :greengrin

Should've stated that despite my rant i've missed about 2 games this season (home & away) and by paying at the gate, will probably have paid more in the long run. But by not getting a season ticket, after having on for 15+ years, its my own little protest.

greenlex
08-05-2011, 08:26 PM
True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone. Our a business to have a manageable debt to go for growth, like 99% of businesses the world over.

For the money our loveable wonderful (useless) board take out of us every season, despite performances and league finishes, you could get a very good standard of player for that.
You could always **** off to germany and give everyone peace?:rolleyes:

whiskyhibby
08-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I've renewed......Its all about supporting my home team town that I love!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag:

Antifa Hibs
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM

Good input :not worth

Scouse Hibee

Aye very good, you forgot one thing though................it's not the first time in the last 25 years your points have applied and yet by your own admission you've always renewed before!! So none of your points are valid, get over it and renew like you always do.

Iggy Pope

Away with this bollox. You could say the same about most of the 40 seasons I've been watching them. Get on with it.

john18722
08-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Because I would rather go on holiday this summer. £410 is a ridiculous price for what is seen on the pitch.

HibbyRod
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
I've renewed too, didn't cross my mind not to do so.

:agree:
What Hibee_girl said. Endof! :greengrin

hibsfan7
08-05-2011, 08:35 PM
i have done and always will do
lets face it we cannot be any worse next season than we have this

GGTTH

Keith_M
08-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I never, ever became a Hibs fan because we were an entertaining or particularly good side. My formative Hibs years were watching Miller's team.

My formative years were the tail end of Turnbull's era, then Willie Ormond and Bertie Auld's teams.

Compared to that, this lot are Barcelona! :greengrin

murray26
08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Probaly needing to work a few extra sats, 1.30 2 ish finish, probaly mean i would defo miss old firm home games and maybe Hearts, live in Falkirk and its a bit of a push to make the 3 pm k.o when am working, take into consideration the drivel we have to watch and the hassle doesn't seem worth it, i will go when am off on a sat and its a meaningful game but i will be reverting back to a pay at the gate fan along with 2 others.

bod
08-05-2011, 09:00 PM
not renewing next season.
ER will never sell out so will allways get a ticket.
Might even get a free game like others did earlier this season.
Might even get a reduced price game like others did earlier this season.
no happy with earlier KO times.
Hacked of with them shrinking the league instead of enlarging it.

macca70
08-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Have renewed but after the last 4 games, now totally regretting it.

Now Wishing I put my £450 towards a golf club membership so I can do something I enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.

I used to really enjoy going for beers before the game, heading to the match then heading out after but recently I have had no enthusiasm for it at all.

Mikey
08-05-2011, 09:04 PM
True. Can't expect a club to spend a penny despite taking in £20m+ in about 5 years on transfers alone.

Accounting is about debits and credits. You only ever want to see the credits.

Except the multi million pound sponsorship and TV deals that Germany gets that you always want to leave out of the equation.

Sir David Gray
08-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I've renewed because going to the football on a Saturday is what I've been doing since I was 5 years old and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I stopped going.

The football on offer is usually garbage and there's zero entertainment to be had but it's part of my routine and probably always will be.

Mikey
08-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll give up on hibs.net, as well as Hibs.

Saorsa
08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I've renewed because going to the football on a Saturday is what I've been doing since I was 5 years old and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I stopped going.

The football on offer is usually garbage and there's zero entertainment to be had but it's part of my routine and probably always will be.When it's on a Saturday!

murray26
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Sorry mate but if we enlarged the league there would be even more meaningless games, i.e the last 3 or 4 we've had to endure with large numbers of s/t holders not even bothering to turn up, not for me like.

bod
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry mate but if we enlarged the league there would be even more meaningless games, i.e the last 3 or 4 we've had to endure with large numbers of s/t holders not even bothering to turn up, not for me like.

each to their own

Mikey
08-05-2011, 09:22 PM
What I don't get is why some people are actively trying to encourage people not to renew. If you're done with Hibs fine, but why try to turn others away from the club?

bod
08-05-2011, 09:23 PM
name names

Jack
08-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't think it's relevant how many teams are in the league. I only go to watch one :-)

I've often thought I should get my season ticket half price!

Judas Iscariot
08-05-2011, 09:32 PM
The 2 ST's in my household haven't been renewed and won't be..

I'll probably still go most weeks but I'll not feel I HAVE to go cos I've already paid for it like this year with having a ST..

With the new East being built there's no chance I'll not get a ticket for any of the "big" games so that's not a worry..

The football CC will serve up will be the same as it is now and that makes my eyes bleed so that's the main reason for not renewing..

Mikeystewart
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM

I have seen quality this season, its just not been from hibs, the 3-0 thrashing from Celtic for starters. The two goals from hooper and stokes where magnificent.

Obviously I want hibs to win every game and play well to boot, but I cant say I haven't been entertained, there are two teams on the pitch, maybe if fans (Not just hibs fans) didn't always have such a one-sided view of a football game, more people would go.... and more people would enjoy it.

I also really enjoy watching people turn themselves inside out any time someone gives that ball away, its hilarious sometimes how worked up people get in the south west upper.

The highlights from a purely football point of view has to be the two goals from hooper and stokes Hasslebank's goal the other week and Templeton's mazing run and finish are just a few brilliant goals I've seen at easter road.

I also don't believe those can be written off as bad defending by hibs, as every time a goal is scored in the world, by any team vs any other team, the team conceding could always have done more to prevent it.

I would also hardly refer to football fans as "fans". Fans of any other interest such as music or golf don't boo there targets when they make mistakes, would you ever here the crowd hurl abuse at Keith Richards if he missed a note on Paint it Black, I don't think so. And they are paying more to see two hours of music than we are to see 25 hours of football

This opens up a much larger debate, to even try and rationalise football, and the behaviour of people who take part in it, is as futile as a fly bashing its head against a window, confused as to why it can see through it, but not pass through it. You cant rationalise football, as the sheer enormity to which it is followed and obsessed over in this world is as irrational as the actions of those who love it.

In short I think you show a poor understanding of what being a football supporter is.

I am first and foremost a football fan, then a hibs supporter.

Ryan91
08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm not renewing, but that's more down to the fact that I'm now at Uni in Glasgow and I didn't come back as often as I thought I would this season, I'll still be heading back for bigger games, but may now find myself going to Motherwell, Hamilton, St. Mirren, Celtic and Rangers when Hibs are away to them, money permitting. Still gonna be coming back for games like Celtic, Rangers and Hearts though.

Franck Stanton
08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I am 58yrs old [ ah ken an auld fart] and have had a season ticket since i was 5yrs old. During the Blobby years was, until now, the closest I ever came to seriously give any thought to not renewing, however did [ as usual ]. As it stands however, I am adamant that this is definately my last season. Why you may ask ? [ maybe no as you couldn't give a removed about me ] , could it be the keek we are and have been all season playing ? - Nope. Could it be the non-effort by the so-called players ? - Nope.
Could it be the ammount of wage thieves we have at the club ? - Nope. Over the years I have seen all these scenarios and still been steadfastly behind my Club - the answer is , FOR ME the directors in general, PETRIE in particular, are selling my Club, Yes MY CLUB, down the river. I am fed up with them raking in millions and millions of £'s in transfer fees and giving us keek to watch on a Sat/Sun. Now before all you happy-clappers come on and spout about the ground/training complex/financial state, yes that side has been an unqualified success, BUT, i go along on a Sat to watch the TEAM on the pitch, not read about how well off we are.
Petrie has penny-pinched for years, each and every manager he has appointed has been the " cheap option". Get a PROVEN manager in, back him [ obviously within reason/budget] because if you have an idiot at the helm , well we end up where we are now. So no, I will not renew my ticket this year. I will however still go to games, mostly away games as I am not giving my support to the current board. [ Sorry bfor being so long-winded}

cocopops1875
08-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I have renewed and can say the only reason I considered not renewing is the lack of 3pm Saturday kick-offs. Give football back to the fans we are the ones who matter

patlowe
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I no longer feel a sense of duty when it comes to watching hibs and I simply do not enjoy going to ER anymore. Even two years ago I would never have imagined myself saying this, as I consider myself a huge fan of the club. However, this is where high prices and diabolical football have left me. The whole 10-team debacle has only served to hasten this process.

Carheenlea
08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
How many people who are refusing to buy season tickets are ploughing a similar financial outlay straight into the pocket of the odious Rupert Murdoch with Sky subscriptions..?

Mikeystewart
08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
How many people who are refusing to buy season tickets are ploughing a similar financial outlay straight into the pocket of the odious Rupert Murdoch with Sky subscriptions..?

And in dooing so passing a large % of their fee to the EPL/Laliga/Championship, with a tiny chunk going to the SPL. Good effort Sky viewers :top marks <(irony)

Sammy7nil
08-05-2011, 10:36 PM

Yeah it is sad and a boycott of SKY would do us all good BUT about 10 games a week home and abroad plus lots of other sports working out at about £15 a week is not much more than a season ticket. You dont need to spend extra on travel or food that has to be better value than a season ticket.

moggie
08-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Ive not been along to our last few games as it felt more of a chore and thought of better things to do. Im not renewing for next season as i feel my love affair with hibs has ended, i actually feel a divorce coming on. However it may just be a mid life crisis, which in turn could have me returning after sampling something with a bit more shape to it, a tidy rear guard and a decent pair up top. :wink:

BEEJ
08-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I have seen quality this season, its just not been from hibs, the 3-0 thrashing from Celtic for starters. The two goals from hooper and stokes where magnificent.

Obviously I want hibs to win every game and play well to boot, but I cant say I haven't been entertained, there are two teams on the pitch, maybe if fans (Not just hibs fans) didn't always have such a one-sided view of a football game, more people would go.... and more people would enjoy it.

I also really enjoy watching people turn themselves inside out any time someone gives that ball away, its hilarious sometimes how worked up people get in the south west upper.

The highlights from a purely football point of view has to be the two goals from hooper and stokes Hasslebank's goal the other week and Templeton's mazing run and finish are just a few brilliant goals I've seen at easter road.
:wtf: How terribly open-minded of you!

In short I think you show a poor understanding of what being a football supporter is.
I'm pretty certain you don't have a wonderful grasp of the concept either.

:tee hee:

BEEJ
08-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah it is sad and a boycott of SKY would do us all good BUT about 10 games a week home and abroad plus lots of other sports working out at about £15 a week is not much more than a season ticket. You dont need to spend extra on travel or food that has to be better value than a season ticket.
So it's a case of saturation.

After watching, say, six televised matches through the week, why bother going along to watch a match at the weekend? Particularly when the quality on show is usually going to be inferior.

The game is slowly getting strangled to death.

Mikeystewart
08-05-2011, 10:51 PM
:wtf: How terribly open-minded of you!

I'm pretty certain you don't have a wonderful grasp of the concept either.

:tee hee:

Theirs always one eh?

Christ now my psycho analysis is being psycho analysed:confused:

Maybe my rational thinking mind is not suited to this forum or this sport.

Or maybe that's just pure snobbery

Now that has to be the only justifiable reason for not renewing....(I really wanted to put the short version of lots of laughter here but I was scared I would get kicked off lol)

BEEJ
08-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Christ now my psycho analysis is being psycho analysed:confused:

Maybe my rational thinking mind is not suited to this forum or this sport.

Or maybe that's just pure snobbery

Now that has to be the only justifiable reason for not renewing....
I never had you down as someone who would be in favour of renewing at ER anyway. :wink:

Carheenlea
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
So it's a case of saturation.

After watching, say, six televised matches through the week, why bother going along to watch a match at the weekend? Particularly when the quality on show is usually going to be inferior.

The game is slowly getting strangled to death.

Maybe because it`s your team that`s playing and the emotional attachment and interest that goes with it as opposed to random games that don`t have that same sense of importance :dunno:

Mikeystewart
08-05-2011, 11:01 PM
I never had you down as someone who would be in favour of renewing at ER anyway. :wink:

You know that's the first time anyone has made a joke like that, honestly you've won first prize at the hibs.net cliché competition.

Contact your chosen deity to claim your club shop voucher.

HIBERNIAN 1875
08-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Play football on Saturdays so won't be able to attend ER as often as i would like to, will go to all midweek and Sunday matches. :agree:

oldbutdim
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
I bought a 3 year ticket.

Just seemed easier.
:wink:

soupy
09-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Totally rooked, but you never know I might just manage it.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Renewed, I am a Hibs supporter and always will be........

Can't wait until we reach a Final when we have 6,000 season ticket holders and 30,000 will want tickets:devil:

hibs0666
09-05-2011, 08:05 AM

Can't wait until we reach a Final when we have 6,000 season ticket holders and 30,000 will want tickets:devil:

Nah - judging by the numbers here who have fallen out of love with the club, the 30,000 will be tuned into to the Premiership highlights instead. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2011, 08:18 AM
I can think of loads of reasons for not renewing and any rational human being would probably read the OP and think many of the points made are valid.

But I'm a Hibby / Football fan which exempts me from having to think rationally as a result of which I renewed last week.

I bet if you read the fan sites of any underperforming club Europe wide you will probably see threads like this.

For me the one thing that this season has tought me ( and I hope Hibs ) is that it is not an option to finish outside of the top 6 coz when there is no chance of relegation and no chance of Europe the football ( at least from Hibs :greengrin ) is brutal.

bod
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM

You might get the 30,000 wanting tickets for the semi

fife hfc
09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm not renewing and nothing to do with the quality on the pitch. I've decided to take up rugby again next season at the age of thirty eight! I will not be playing every week so if we are at home I'll go.

This decision has not gone down too well with my son who is demanding that I find somebody to take him as he is not missing out.

Arch Stanton
09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I've renewed as well - I certainly could not have handled coming on here and publicly giving my reasons why I didn't - it's a disgrace that you're made to do that, absolute disgrace. :agree:

smurf
09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I have renewed for me and my son. Also persuaded a family member to buy - having not been a season ticket holder for a few years - for himself and his son.

It was grudged though on all of us. Did it more out of duty than excitement.

Since 2007 we've been awful on and off the park.

Some on here are in denial. The absolute disenchantment within the support should not be underestimated. It has penetrated the hardcore of our support.

matty_f
09-05-2011, 09:46 AM
I have renewed for me and my son. Also persuaded a family member to buy - having not been a season ticket holder for a few years - for himself and his son.

It was grudged though on all of us. Did it more out of duty than excitement.

Since 2007 we've been awful on and off the park.

Some on here are in denial. The absolute disenchantment within the support should not be underestimated. It has penetrated the hardcore of our support.

Who do you think is in denial? From the posts I've read, most, if not all of us, agree that we have been terrible for ages. :confused:

smurf
09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Who do you think is in denial? From the posts I've read, most, if not all of us, agree that we have been terrible for ages. :confused:

Many are in denial just expecting others to dig deep in tough economic times just because they are doing so.

Many are in denial to the extent of the disenchantment within the support and the financial consequences of that to the club.

Individually many of us as supporters are doing all we can to persuade others to give commitment to our club. However, it's becoming increasingly more and more difficult to do so.

There is genuine and deep rooted apathy and anger within the support. Rightly or wrongly depending on your POV the perception is of an unambitious custodian and board of directors. There are nice words published now and again of intent and ambition etc but the results and product on the park are telling an entirely different story.

dangermouse
09-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Wonder how long it will be before the "I hate the close season" threads start on here. My son and I have renewed, no second thoughts although may struggle for some of the big games with his football kicking off at 2PM on a Sunday next season.

Makaveli
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree some people are in a form of denial about how disinterested a lot of real supporters are. Two years ago I would have been giving it the "entertainment isn't the issue, supporting the team is" etc... but now I'm struggling to care.

It's not just the team being gash. I went through Miller, Duffy, Williamson... traveled to the worst game ever - meaningless end of season game at Rugby Park under the guidance of Clark and McCabe and still renewed. Thousands of us committed to renew that season without even knowing who our manager would be. Those were dark days but these are as bad IMO.

It's the whole club, the whole of football. Easter Road isn't a fun place to be. It's a horrible cross between sanitisation and poison; 95% sit silently whilst 2% abuse the team and anyone who questions their right to do so. I don't know if people expect too much, they just need to vent or society is going down the pan but it didn't use to be like that. 10 team league (it's about fans being ignored as much as 10vs12), Old Firm pantomime, shockingly few Saturday 3PMs, hmmph.

Some people grew up with the Tornadoes, I had Sauzee and Mowbray's 2005 side. To think of the money we raked in from that and the return we've had on the park makes me sick. Petrie is at the helm and that's where the buck stops. He's a business man, which is fine for running a firm but not a football club. A money man like Petrie should be advising someone rather than calling the shots. Don't get me started on his spinelessness over JC... tbh I've moved from passion to apathy to anger quick sharp.

Still, at least the garbage we pay for can arse about in a nice training centre and play in front of a half-empty stand.

/rant

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Despite playing football on a Saturday(which is far more entertaining), I have once again renewed. Must be off my head. It's just what we do tho aint it? :agree:

matty_f
09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Many are in denial just expecting others to dig deep in tough economic times just because they are doing so.

Many are in denial to the extent of the disenchantment within the support and the financial consequences of that to the club.

Individually many of us as supporters are doing all we can to persuade others to give commitment to our club. However, it's becoming increasingly more and more difficult to do so.

There is genuine and deep rooted apathy and anger within the support. Rightly or wrongly depending on your POV the perception is of an unambitious custodian and board of directors. There are nice words published now and again of intent and ambition etc but the results and product on the park are telling an entirely different story.

I don't think I've read any posts where people are saying that they just expect people to dig deep in these economic times, in fact, I've read posts that say that nobody can complain if someone can't afford a ticket.

I agree about the deep rooted apathy and anger within the support, I see it week in/week out at Easter Road.

The problem I have with the people who say that the board are unambitious is that they don't take what I think is a fairly obvious economic reality into consideration. Many of them want the moon on a stick but aren't prepared to help fund it's acquisition.

And Mikey pointed out in a post yesterday, that it's easy for folk to say that x amount has been brought in in transfer fees and we've not made any ambitious signings, but these people ignore the costs for the club, they ignore the facts put out in the accounts which reflect that the club are spending as much as they can on the team without compromising it's position. They ignore that Banks aren't willing to just lend money to football clubs these days and so going into more debt just isn't an easy option any more.

They ignore that we HAVE made ambitious signings, Liam Miller, Stokes, Riordan, FFS even AOB and Ma-Kalambay were ambitious signings, they just turned out to be murder.

So yes, it is hard to convince people to stick their hands in their pockets for a season ticket when the product on the pitch is rank rotten. I think everyone from the board to the punters on here can see that, it's obvious.

I don't think anyone is in denial about that. It doesn't change the fact that if these people actually want to see some spending on the park, then they're going to have to contribute towards it. That, I think, is the argument.

hibs0666
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM

All I see is a group of people saying they will continue to fund the club because it is important to them, and another group saying that they have had enough.

I don't see anyone in denial about the serious issues facing the club. :confused:

Stevie Reid
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't think I've read any posts where people are saying that they just expect people to dig deep in these economic times, in fact, I've read posts that say that nobody can complain if someone can't afford a ticket.

I agree about the deep rooted apathy and anger within the support, I see it week in/week out at Easter Road.

The problem I have with the people who say that the board are unambitious is that they don't take what I think is a fairly obvious economic reality into consideration. Many of them want the moon on a stick but aren't prepared to help fund it's acquisition.

And Mikey pointed out in a post yesterday, that it's easy for folk to say that x amount has been brought in in transfer fees and we've not made any ambitious signings, but these people ignore the costs for the club, they ignore the facts put out in the accounts which reflect that the club are spending as much as they can on the team without compromising it's position. They ignore that Banks aren't willing to just lend money to football clubs these days and so going into more debt just isn't an easy option any more.

They ignore that we HAVE made ambitious signings, Liam Miller, Stokes, Riordan, FFS even AOB and Ma-Kalambay were ambitious signings, they just turned out to be murder.

So yes, it is hard to convince people to stick their hands in their pockets for a season ticket when the product on the pitch is rank rotten. I think everyone from the board to the punters on here can see that, it's obvious.

I don't think anyone is in denial about that. It doesn't change the fact that if these people actually want to see some spending on the park, then they're going to have to contribute towards it. That, I think, is the argument.

:agree: Good post Matty

superfurryhibby
09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Not renewing my ticket because....

1/ Too expensive and I have other priorities for my cash.

2/ The article on the pitch is torturous to watch (endure)

3/ Next season I shall pick and choose games, not like there's a shortage of seats

4/ The only way we might see some bigger investment in the team is if people vote with their feet.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2011, 12:10 PM

The problem I have with the people who say that the board are unambitious is that they don't take what I think is a fairly obvious economic reality into consideration. Many of them want the moon on a stick but aren't prepared to help fund it's acquisition. And Mikey pointed out in a post yesterday, that it's easy for folk to say that x amount has been brought in in transfer fees and we've not made any ambitious signings, but these people ignore the costs for the club, they ignore the facts put out in the accounts which reflect that the club are spending as much as they can on the team without compromising it's position. They ignore that Banks aren't willing to just lend money to football clubs these days and so going into more debt just isn't an easy option any more.

Good post but the bit in Bold is the problem.
Players and Agents are in denial ! They see the Premiership / Champs League and some how think Scottish Football is linked. SPL is a shambles same as most other leagues and until players agents chairman and owners get real and pay players a "good wage" rather than trying to cram 40 years work in to 10 we will all be in the *****. Players can get a job when they finishing playing there is no law against it. Demanding between £1000 - £6000 a week at ER is simply too much.

Twa Cairpets
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Comes down to ££££ for me. Stumping up £415 (:faf:) won't do anyone any favours in the long run. Our season ticket prices appear to increase over inflation most seasons. £415 for an SPL season ticket is nothing short of a farce. Our cheapest season ticket is twice the price of cheapest Bundesliga and Serie A season ticket. Its on par with alot of the mid-lower EPL teams and only slightly cheaper than some of your upper-middle EPL clubs.Now I know they have multi billion pound TV deals at their disposal blah blah blah but forget all that, what I have mentioned above is FACT, and its a ridiculous fact that we are paying the same to watch Hibs v St Mirren as it would to see Leverkusen v Bremen or Milan v Lazio! There are plenty other small countries with pish leagues on the continent and I gurantee not one of them can claim that they pay the same as Inter Milan fans!

Point is irrelevant as you dont live in Germany or Italy.

I've renewed because I take the Tam Cowan view - a season ticket isnt necessarily about having the ability to just walk up and get my same seat, it's an investment in the club.

I have almost zero expectation, 35 years or so of going to pretty much every home game at least has led me not to expect too much of being Hibby - being a fan of Hibs is (as it is with being a fan of every other every other team in Scotland outwith the OF) the perfect example of the triumph of hope over experience.

If you cant afford to renew because of say, economic circumstances or a changed personal situation (young kids maybe), fine, everyone should understand that. What really hacks me off is the kind of inverted pride that people take in saying "We're sh***!, I'm not going back until JC/Mixu/Yogi/CC has gone! I've got the moral high ground! Youse are all stupid for going! I'm not really a Hibby but some kind of Yam Troll in disguise!"

Last bit made up obviously but you have to wonder at why you would come on as a Hibs fan onto a Hibs board and say "Im not going back/renewing because the team I support are crap and never win anything". That defines being a supporter how precisely?

patlowe
09-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Last bit made up obviously but you have to wonder at why you would come on as a Hibs fan onto a Hibs board and say "Im not going back/renewing because the team I support are crap and never win anything". That defines being a supporter how precisely?

Not sure who's said that really, I think most people have just been worn down by the frankly outrageous disparity between the product on show and the cost of watching it. I've probably seen worse hibs teams than this (and winning things is not exactly what being a hibs fan is about) but never before have I felt so apathetic towards the club.

Gatecrasher
09-05-2011, 12:25 PM
As the clubs advertising campaign says "Together we are Stronger". Its the truth, the more people that buy a ST the stronger of a position the club is in.

I have renewed and happy to continue to invest in the club i support, if others dont then thats fine, If the club cant afford the players people want then at least you can moan about it on .net :aok:

bawheid
09-05-2011, 12:34 PM
There is genuine and deep rooted apathy and anger within the support. Rightly or wrongly depending on your POV the perception is of an unambitious custodian and board of directors.

I'm not so sure about that.

For me, it would be a start if they would stop sacking managers every 5 minutes on the back of a few boos at the ground and polls on Hibs.net.

The turnover of staff at Easter Road has been ridiculous, and has left me feeling a bit detached from the club. It's probably worse that most of those sacked have been good Hibs servants, mercilessly dumped alongside a hail of "Mixup", "Clown", "It was Mowbray's team anyway".

We've been lurching from one managerial appointment to the next and giving none of them the time to actually put their plans in place. I see some are calling for Calderwood's head already. I'm past even reacting.

I'm not really identifying with Hibs at the moment.

Twa Cairpets
09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Not sure who's said that really, I think most people have just been worn down by the frankly outrageous disparity between the product on show and the cost of watching it. I've probably seen worse hibs teams than this (and winning things is not exactly what being a hibs fan is about) but never before have I felt so apathetic towards the club.

If you allow for the paraphrasing in my post, then there are certainly people who do at least appear to be delighted not to be renewing/going. Whether or not they are wind up merchants I dont know, but its a strange thing being a football fan.

If you dont want to go because you dont like it, dont care anymore or are drowning in apathy, then what propels someone to post in anger about it?

I'm far from a happy clapper, and have missed quite a few games this season because frankly there have been other things Ive wanted to do more on a Saturday/Sunday, but if you still care enough about the club, why would you in one feel swoop deny yourself of the enjoyment of supporting your team and simultaneously deny the club the means of doing things better?

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 12:38 PM

I've renewed because I take the Tam Cowan view - a season ticket isnt necessarily about having the ability to just walk up and get my same seat, it's an investment in the club.

I have almost zero expectation, 35 years or so of going to pretty much every home game at least has led me not to expect too much of being Hibby - being a fan of Hibs is (as it is with being a fan of every other every other team in Scotland outwith the OF) the perfect example of the triumph of hope over experience.

If you cant afford to renew because of say, economic circumstances or a changed personal situation (young kids maybe), fine, everyone should understand that. What really hacks me off is the kind of inverted pride that people take in saying "We're sh***!, I'm not going back until JC/Mixu/Yogi/CC has gone! I've got the moral high ground! Youse are all stupid for going! I'm not really a Hibby but some kind of Yam Troll in disguise!"

:top marks:top marks

SneakersO'Toole
09-05-2011, 12:41 PM
The only way we might see some bigger investment in the team is if people vote with their feet.

Maths clearly wasn't your strong point at school if thats your logic.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 12:46 PM
4/ The only way we might see some bigger investment in the team is if people vote with their feet.

The Board have said on numerous occasions that they wont make knee jerk decisions, so they certainly will not splash cash on playing staff if crowds are poor, that is not their style.

AndersonGGTTH
09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Play football on Saturdays so won't be able to attend ER as often as i would like to, will go to all midweek and Sunday matches. :agree:

Looks like you will only miss out on a few then:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 12:54 PM
If you allow for the paraphrasing in my post, then there are certainly people who do at least appear to be delighted not to be renewing/going. Whether or not they are wind up merchants I dont know, but its a strange thing being a football fan.

If you dont want to go because you dont like it, dont care anymore or are drowning in apathy, then what propels someone to post in anger about it?

I'm far from a happy clapper, and have missed quite a few games this season because frankly there have been other things Ive wanted to do more on a Saturday/Sunday, but if you still care enough about the club, why would you in one feel swoop deny yourself of the enjoyment of supporting your team and simultaneously deny the club the means of doing things better?

Again I agree with you.... Look at the matchday threads on any game, and they are littered with "we are murder, rank, sheite, gash, garbage" quotes....Why bother posting if that is your feelings, just find another interest surely?

patlowe
09-05-2011, 12:56 PM

I understand your point but at the same time I think it's equally valid for someone to express their reasons for not renewing in a thread on the subject. It's important that people share their views on the issue (however rash) so that the club/fans do not fall into the assumption that there will always be a core group that renew however shoddy the performance. It's important to know your customers and at the moment I'd say they feel short-changed.

Baldy Foghorn
09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I understand your point but at the same time I think it's equally valid for someone to express their reasons for not renewing in a thread on the subject. It's important that people share their views on the issue (however rash) so that the club/fans do not fall into the assumption that there will always be a core group that renew however shoddy the performance. It's important to know your customers and at the moment I'd say they feel short-changed.

Does the club actually care about its customers, because at the moment it certainly does not feel like it.....

seanraff07
09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I've renewed. Not sure if I'll be able to afford it in 2 seasons time though when I'd be paying full adult price.

Twa Cairpets
09-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Fair points, but I suppose in my mind its a little like moaning about politicians if you cant be bothered getting of your erse and voting.

I think to an extent you forfeit your right to judge if you've made an active decision not to be involved any more.

The point about understanding their customers is very valid, and as a sporting institution Hibs, I think do not too bad. I've been entirley happy with the the times I've been involved directly with them from tickets to organising things for a kids football team. Every single Hibs fan wants a succesful team that is good to watch, and I can't believe for one minute that that isnt what the board want as well as that is their raison d'etre. However, the raw, unavoidable fact of the matter is that we are where we have pretty much always been - a big fish in a small pond which is sadly dominated by monstrous whales. We are in the right position for what we are and what our overall, general fan base is. While there will be individual variations season on season, we have for the past thirty years been in same general scrap as Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and maybe one or two others looking for a bit of luck in a cup or European qualifications, and that's it.

For all we quite rightly like to point and laugh at the madness of Vlad, the only reason they have been doing generally better than us since he's been there has been money. It's the same reason we have generally been better than say St Mirren, St Johnstone and ICT.

The propensity for knee jerk reactions, if .net is anything to go by, is staggering. If you want Hibs to at the very least stay where we are or improve, buy an ST. If you dont particularly care, or if you cant afford it, dont. But stop telling the world its because you are disenchanted with how we are doing and the quality of the product because it has, pretty much, always been thus.

patlowe
09-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Fair points, but I suppose in my mind its a little like moaning about politicians if you cant be bothered getting of your erse and voting.

I think to an extent you forfeit your right to judge if you've made an active decision not to be involved any more.

The point about understanding their customers is very valid, and as a sporting institution Hibs, I think do not too bad. I've been entirley happy with the the times I've been involved directly with them from tickets to organising things for a kids football team. Every single Hibs fan wants a succesful team that is good to watch, and I can't believe for one minute that that isnt what the board want as well as that is their raison d'etre. However, the raw, unavoidable fact of the matter is that we are where we have pretty much always been - a big fish in a small pond which is sadly dominated by monstrous whales. We are in the right position for what we are and what our overall, general fan base is. While there will be individual variations season on season, we have for the past thirty years been in same general scrap as Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and maybe one or two others looking for a bit of luck in a cup or European qualifications, and that's it.

For all we quite rightly like to point and laugh at the madness of Vlad, the only reason they have been doing generally better than us since he's been there has been money. It's the same reason we have generally been better than say St Mirren, St Johnstone and ICT.

The propensity for knee jerk reactions, if .net is anything to go by, is staggering. If you want Hibs to at the very least stay where we are or improve, buy an ST. If you dont particularly care, or if you cant afford it, dont. But stop telling the world its because you are disenchanted with how we are doing and the quality of the product because it has, pretty much, always been thus.

I wouldn't disagree with much of your post but this I will take issue with. I'm not out to have a go at the club here as that is a completely different argument but many of my hibs supporting friends have simply drifted away from the club in recent years. It's a wider issue than just hibs but supporter apathy should not be simply ignored or muzzled. As long as the discussion is measured and mature then analysis of who goes, why they do/don't go and what they expect is perfectly reasonable IMO.

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Wasn't planning to renew, but after reading your post and the one by Two Carpets, I felt the chest swell, the spine stiffen and the mantra of 'Glory to the Hibees' in the dulcet tones of Hector Nicol swim around in my head.

Matty, Two Carpets, and the rest of you who've turned my head with your positive posts, I heartily detest you all!

Sammy7nil
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM

People are voting - With their feet :boo hoo::boo hoo:

I have read most of this and I have been going for over 40 years. This year I am not renewing. When Hibs were gash there was always the social side meeting mates for pint having a laugh. One by one over 16 "fans" I know have drifted away so there is very little social side, that leaves the footbal and to be fair that has been worse than dire.

I think CC will steady the ship we will be a team of workmen and I really cant bring myself to watch average players run around trying to kick players or the ball what ever is in their way.

It makes me so ANGRY as fans we have been promised better for years and to arrive at yet another low point is very Frustrating. The quality is poor but the players still get paid a Very Good wage for doing what most of us would love to do. Hibs and SPL in general have to pay players what they deserve and charge fans what the games are worth we are not anywhere close to that.

I no longer enjoy the day as I once did I never thought that would I would say that. As I get older HIBS are no longer the most important thing to me. I am sad but hey I will be back for some games and who knows may return as a ST one day.

It is VITAL Hibs get feedback on why fans dont buy a season ticket.

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2011, 03:52 PM

:top marks

Hermit Crab
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM

It's always the same mate. The old sop story - "ive been a hibs fan aw ma days but i dont go now,by the way have you got a spare ticket for the semi because its being played at Tynecastle due to our low ST support" :agree:

Too many people turning on their laptops and PCs at 3pm instead of taking their seats at ER

Back on topic. Ive renewed and ive made the commitment end of. GG

matty_f
09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Not renewing my ticket because....

1/ Too expensive and I have other priorities for my cash.

2/ The article on the pitch is torturous to watch (endure)

3/ Next season I shall pick and choose games, not like there's a shortage of seats

That last point is possibly the most incorrect statement I've ever read on hibs.net. :agree:

The last thing that will help the club putting in bigger investment in the team is people depriving them of their cash. The cash they need to be able to pay competitive wages.

I get the point that people make about having had a season ticket for years and nothing changes. That's the trouble - nothing changes. To make a tangible, worthwhile difference to the quality of players we need the missing thousands to start to come back. A core of 10k season ticket holders gets us the level of player we've been watching the last few seasons, by and large.

Reducing the money that we've got means we need to take a step down from that level,, it certainly dosn't equate to a bigger spend as you're suggesting.

Magnifique
09-05-2011, 05:56 PM
I was thoroughly entertained this season fast flowing football and goals galore absolutely great year, unfortunately this was on sunday afternoons with my laddies u16 team on saturdays i was never so bored or watched so much crap in my life at easter road. I renewed for me and laddie last year after seeing new stand going up after an absence of around 10 years i will pick and choose next year when laddie isnae playing himself

WhileTheChief..
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Whilst I agree with most of what you say in your posts, surely the purpose of this thread is for feedback to be posted as to why some folk aren't renewing?

I'm not angry and don't blame the club / board for anything but I am having doubts about whether to renew next season.

I understand the logic behind the 'renew or youre part of the problem' argument but that only really holds for our core support of what, 8 - 10k?

What we really need is more walk up or 'fair weather' fans to become ST holders and nothing that they will have seen over the last season or 2 is going to encourage that.

I'll renew if we get rid of a few more of the current squad and bring in players of a higher standard that what we've got.

Winston Ingram
09-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I would have renewed under the early burd scheme but as the club hadn't worked out how to do this online I couldn't do it as I couldn't get away rom work. I'll wait til the last day now

Twa Cairpets
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't disagree with much of your post but this I will take issue with. I'm not out to have a go at the club here as that is a completely different argument but many of my hibs supporting friends have simply drifted away from the club in recent years. It's a wider issue than just hibs but supporter apathy should not be simply ignored or muzzled. As long as the discussion is measured and mature then analysis of who goes, why they do/don't go and what they expect is perfectly reasonable IMO.

Isn't part of the drift just to do with the fact that as people get older, their interest in going to the games drifts anyway? The whole "matchday experience" changes - you dont have a pint because youve got the kids, or you've got something on in the morning, or you just prefer actually going home than going out on the randan every Saturday. As the only point of going to the game becomes the actual going to the game bit, people tend to think "well, theres other things I could be doing that I enjoy more", and with the exception of the time of maybe Mowbrays team and a bit of McLeish's, you cant really blame anyone for thinking that.

Going to Hibs is still something I enjoy, so will keep doing it. If and when the cost and time and removal of opportunity to do other things outweigh the enjoyment gained, I'll stop going, simple as as that. This season I have missed a few games because my laddie plays U21s on a Saturday afternoon, and I enjoy watching those games - doubtless next year it'll be the same, and I'll maybe pick and choose which games to utilise my ST on, but I won't be blaming Hibs for the lack of quality or suddenly be less of a fan, it'll just be other things that come along that are maybe more important in my life, and Im sure a lot of older guys are like that too.

Antifa Hibs
09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll give up on hibs.net, as well as Hibs.

Hibs need more like me. I gurantee I will have been at more Hibs matches this season than 99% of this board. :smug:

c31
09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I use to be like that, every game and with out doubt we were even worse in some of these long forgotten seasons but it was the enjoyment of the whole day, pub game pub. But we all get older and things change in life style choices and although I have renewed I won't be going to away games and if the team don't improve or there is a ten team league I won't be parting with £405 next season. Let's hope CAlderwood gets it right and we can all get happy Saturday's back again.

Keith_M
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I now have another reason for not renewing. I'm not sure what country I'll be living in next season.

Does that give me a get out clause or am I a fairweather fan?

baltoi_hibs
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
i haven't renewed yet, only because i'm hoping to get a job in OZ in the next couple of months but if it wasn't for that i'd have my S/T by now and if i do go i am going to be gutted not getting to easter road to support Hibs no matter how bad it is just now

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Hibs need more like me. I gurantee I will have been at more Hibs matches this season than 99% of this board. :smug:

More people like you, you said you always pay at the gate at the start of this thread and therefore the club doesn't have the money up front and know the budget.

It's great if you do go for the club but more people like you would be inaccurate I'd say.

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I now have another reason for not renewing. I'm not sure what country I'll be living in next season.

Does that give me a get out clause or am I a fairweather fan?

If it's sunny in your country of choice then the weather is no excuse.:greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Missed gthe deadline for installments (my own fault) and couldnt afford to stump-up the lump sum (decided to book a holiday instead).

Will probably still end up getting one, but it will be last minute if i do - might just have a pay at the gate season though.

Main thing that puts me off (not our dross performances beleive it or not, had an ST all through Williamson era) but early kcik-offs and particuarly sunday kick-offs ruin it for me - can anyone tell me last time there was actually a good atmosphere big match that wasnt ruined by sky / ESPN (and no, i dont subscribe to either).

While i have had a ST for many years now, i do find gthe whole tyranny around STs a bit disconcerting - i dont see why not having one makes you less of a fan - not going makes you less of a fan, but i have a ST now and have missed two and a half of the last 4 home games through choice and not being bothered - does that make me better than a fan who decided to pay at the gate?

marinello59
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Missed gthe deadline for installments (my own fault) and couldnt afford to stump-up the lump sum (decided to book a holiday instead).

Will probably still end up getting one, but it will be last minute if i do - might just have a pay at the gate season though.

Main thing that puts me off (not our dross performances beleive it or not, had an ST all through Williamson era) but early kcik-offs and particuarly sunday kick-offs ruin it for me - can anyone tell me last time there was actually a good atmosphere big match that wasnt ruined by sky / ESPN (and no, i dont subscribe to either).

While i have had a ST for many years now, i do find gthe whole tyranny around STs a bit disconcerting - i dont see why not having one makes you less of a fan - not going makes you less of a fan, but i have a ST now and have missed two and a half of the last 4 home games through choice and not being bothered - does that make me better than a fan who decided to pay at the gate?

It doesn't. Nor does having one make you a better fan. I don't think many have suggested otherwise so perhaps tyranny is a rather strong word to use.

Phil MaGlass
11-05-2011, 09:45 AM

agree, If I was a regular ST holder then I wouldnt renew, all the above points are valid, Hibs will have to reduce prices for one or two games next season, fans find it no longer acceptable to pay the prices being asked for ST,s.
The stadium wont sell out, so you are guaranteed a ticket, watch one or two in the pub, dont have to go watch St.Midden and pay over the odds for it.
I would like to say (not patronising) a big well done to the folks who do renew.
Talk of ten team leagues does not help either, clubs need to do more to get the fans in. We could very easily and I mean easily have sellouts/full stadium every home game, lower ST prices by a couple of quid, invite schools and football clubs and put an area aside for them. Its not difficult, Ive seen it done in Holland.
The seats are not being used, fill them up by whatever means, it adds to the atmosphere, folk may keep coming back(especially kids) and you may sell more ST,s. Having a 8,000 seats empty for games is not on and doesnt help sell ST,s.
While were on filling the stadium, why not give Aberdeen fans who travel to the game this saturday half price tickets for the first home game against them next season? Great gesture. who knows, the favour may be returned and anything that can attract more away fans the better, you cant beat a healthy away support.

matty_f
11-05-2011, 09:55 AM
agree, If I was a regular ST holder then I wouldnt renew, all the above points are valid, Hibs will have to reduce prices for one or two games next season, fans find it no longer acceptable to pay the prices being asked for ST,s.
The stadium wont sell out, so you are guaranteed a ticket, watch one or two in the pub, dont have to go watch St.Midden and pay over the odds for it.
I would like to say (not patronising) a big well done to the folks who do renew.
Talk of ten team leagues does not help either, clubs need to do more to get the fans in. We could very easily and I mean easily have sellouts/full stadium every home game, lower ST prices by a couple of quid, invite schools and football clubs and put an area aside for them. Its not difficult, Ive seen it done in Holland.
The seats are not being used, fill them up by whatever means, it adds to the atmosphere, folk may keep coming back(especially kids) and you may sell more ST,s. Having a 8,000 seats empty for games is not on and doesnt help sell ST,s.
While were on filling the stadium, why not give Aberdeen fans who travel to the game this saturday half price tickets for the first home game against them next season? Great gesture. who knows, the favour may be returned and anything that can attract more away fans the better, you cant beat a healthy away support.

I think the sheep are getting in for £10/£5 the same as the home fans.

Hibs7
11-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Too many games on days when I can't make it, Midwest and most Sundays so not financially viable. All games on a Saturday at 3pm and season tickets would be more worthwhile.

Hibs7
11-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Midweek... stupid I phone !!!!!!

Franck is God
11-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I personally have renewed and took advantage of the payment scheme as there is no way I could afford one otherwise. I have no issue with those that don't renew or even those who like to call themselves Hibs fans but rarely go to games.

I do have an issue with the excuses because thats all they are. If you live in Edinburgh or the surrounds and you can afford a ticket but don't go there is no reason other than you just don't want to.

Joe Baker II
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Price not a factor per se but most of the above reasons have some validity:

Main reasons for me (know they have been highlighted above):

1 The amount of home and away games at early kick off times and therefore inferior atmosphere (one reason to buy was incentive to get priority for high-demand away games but we never have any now) without any corresponding price reduction;

2 The new East Stand has been a lot better than I expected - no longer a major factor for me but was a factor in not getting ST 2010/11;

3 Despite increased capacity, clubs reluctance to increase allocations to away supporters and resultant overall lack of atmopshere as there are now thousands of empty seats even at bigger games;

4 I suppose tendency of Hibs in the past to make clear they are more interested in encouraging ST sales than catering for pay at gate/non-regular/new/neutral/away fans has not encouraged me to feel they still deserve a season ticket.

5 Increasingly have enjoyed watching lower league and junior football recently in comparison to SPL (though Easter Road still one of the better SPL grounds to go to).

Having said that after 2 year break, I am thinking of renewing my season ticket next year.

IberianHibernian
11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Of the bigger teams based in Scotland we were late to encourage season ticket sales ( we had huge terracing ) - till all ticket stadiums I think we had fewer STHs than clubs with much smaller stadiums . Now , with bigger capacity , there is no way we will fill stadium with STHs but I don`t think that has to be a bad thing if we get good crowds anyway . There are thousands of Hibbies who don`t want to / can`t buy a ST but want to support the team ( just as there are some who buy a ST but miss alot of games or hand on ST to others ) . What we need is imaginative marketing ( and an attacking , successful team too if possible of course )to fill those seats with youngsters , pensioners , tourists , students , "distant " Hibbies , away fans etc etc The present team is awful entertainmentwise and recent signings suggest next season will be no better ( and no , signing Sproule for odd cheer when we win a corner will not solve that ) . Trying to persuade fed up fans to pay for STs in present economic situation is a waste of time ( we`re Hibbies anyway and in most cases always will be so have made decision on how we want to support our club whether that means buying a ST , selecting matches or buying a shirt ) .