PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my first few hibs games

hibsquaker
08-05-2011, 07:39 PM
First post and new Hibbee here! Darlo fan myself but now signed up for a season ticket next season in the East with my boys. Hopefully they'll have less pain as a fan as I've had! Can't wait as I'm used to disappointment.

Here's my view based on what I've seen in the few games I've seen. Started with the Caley, Hearts, Bohemians and the St Mirren shocker.

Shout me down but I've been a bit baffled by what I've seen so far. I cannot quite get my head around Scottish football yet - in terms of the opennous of the games, how poor defensively Hibs are and the other teams I've seen and the almost casualness of the football. Maybe its because there has been little to play for.

I'm used to lower league/non league English footy which to me is more intense, physical, less open and less skillful. I was expecting a more physical game. Like I said, maybe it's because there is nothing to play for.

Anyway, here are my observations from what I can remember

Caley game
===========

I was baffled how Hibs won the game 2-0 and thought that they were somehow overachieving in their unbeaten run and were defensively lucky. Also Dichoh looked dodgy to me. Sodje was poor. Stack really commanded the goal. Impressed by the crowd of 14k. for what to me appeared to be a meaningless game. I subsequently realised it was all about getting into that top 6.

Hearts
=======

Could not believe the defense of Hibs. Dichoh has to go. If the Hearts defender hadn't been sent off there would have been an absolute mauling. Sodje was appauling - showed up against a better team. Vaz Te showed glimpses of quality and scored the goal. I'm afraid he will never deliver consistently and has to go for sure. Really impressed when Wotherspoon came on and wondered why he had not started this and the Caley game. The St. Mirren game made me realise why. Utterly anonymous in that game.

The atmos in the East I find weird. I think the acoustics are not right. Sitting in the opposite side to the singers you cannot really hear them well. Maybe sitting in the west is the place to sit to enjoy the atmosphere created by the East.

Bohemians
=========

Awful pointless game. Waste of time and money.

St. Mirren
==========

Sodje was the only player that impressed me, but then again he was playing against the Buddies. He certainly changed my opinion a little - put himself about and seemed to at least care! "Not Hibs class" though, as I've seen many posters around mention this term.

Anyway, from what I've seen there is major major work to be done.

For me, they could all be replaced.

First post over.

blairwallace
08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
any positives? :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
08-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Hibs have been really colin nish for most of their history, most definitely all my life time bar 2-3 seasons.

Internet would have made us all feel worse too in years gone by if we'd had it.

I'm starting to find it all rather funny how bad Hibs and Scottish Footy is though, dont know why, i suppose its rather cry or laugh.

We are seriously rotten and it sucks!!

At The Edge
08-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the rollercoaster ride which is supporting Hibs, Your Saturdays/Sundays/whatever day the TV want, will never be the same again.

Enjoy the ride :greengrin

:cgwa

LancashireHibby
08-05-2011, 08:17 PM
any positives? :greengrin

Looks like he's got the hang of things already!

IWasThere2016
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Looks like he's got the hang of things already!

:greengrin - aye welcome to the OP - he'll settle in no bother if he keeps up that sunny disposition :wink:

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
First post and new Hibbee here! Darlo fan myself but now signed up for a season ticket next season in the East with my boys. Hopefully they'll have less pain as a fan as I've had! Can't wait as I'm used to disappointment.

Here's my view based on what I've seen in the few games I've seen. Started with the Caley, Hearts, Bohemians and the St Mirren shocker.

Shout me down but I've been a bit baffled by what I've seen so far. I cannot quite get my head around Scottish football yet - in terms of the opennous of the games, how poor defensively Hibs are and the other teams I've seen and the almost casualness of the football. Maybe its because there has been little to play for.

I'm used to lower league/non league English footy which to me is more intense, physical, less open and less skillful. I was expecting a more physical game. Like I said, maybe it's because there is nothing to play for.

Caley game
===========

I was baffled how Hibs won the game 2-0 and thought that they were somehow overachieving in their unbeaten run and were defensively lucky. Also Dichoh looked dodgy to me. Sodje was poor. Stack really commanded the goal. Impressed by the crowd of 14k. for what to me appeared to be a meaningless game. I subsequently realised it was all about getting into that top 6.

Hearts
=======

Could not believe the defense of Hibs. Dichoh has to go. If the Hearts defender hadn't been sent off there would have been an absolute mauling. Sodje was appauling - showed up against a better team. Vaz Te showed glimpses of quality and scored the goal. I'm afraid he will never deliver consistently and has to go for sure. Really impressed when Wotherspoon came on and wondered why he had not started this and the Caley game. The St. Mirren game made me realise why. Utterly anonymous in that game.

The atmos in the East I find weird. I think the acoustics are not right. Sitting in the opposite side to the singers you cannot really hear them well. Maybe sitting in the west is the place to sit to enjoy the atmosphere created by the East.

Bohemians
=========

St. Mirren
==========

Sodje was the only player that impressed me, but then again he was playing against the Buddies. He certainly changed my opinion a little - put himself about and seemed to at least care! "Not Hibs class" though, as I've seen many posters around mention this term.

First post over.

Aye ok................thanks for that :rolleyes:

marinello59
08-05-2011, 08:53 PM

Caley game
===========

Hearts
=======

Bohemians
=========

St. Mirren
==========

First post over.

I think you are in for a wee bit of a shock. We are not usually that good.

R'Albin
08-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Caley game
===========

Hearts
=======

Bohemians
=========

St. Mirren
==========

First post over.

Tbf we were good vs the yams, inverness and st midden, still with that negativety you should fit in well here :greengrin

sesoim
08-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the rollercoaster ride which is supporting Hibs, Your Saturdays/Sundays/whatever day the TV want, will never be the same again.

Enjoy the ride :greengrin

:cgwa

If supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster, we've been stuck in a dark tunnel for a long time.

Stevie Reid
09-05-2011, 11:09 AM

Caley game
===========

Hearts
=======

Bohemians
=========

St. Mirren
==========

First post over.

The Inverness game was our best home performance of the season by quite a distance.

Dinkydoo
09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
The Inverness game was our best home performance of the season by quite a distance.

and we were still ***** :greengrin