PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao v Mosley

Pretty Boy
08-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Anyone staying up to watch?

Yet another nothing fight to distract us from the fight everyone wants to see. Manny wins it's so what? Floyd schooled Mosley months ago and Mosley is a has been. Manny loses and Floyd uses that as his justification not to fight him.

FWIW i give it to Manny inside 8.

silverhibee
08-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Anyone staying up to watch?

Yet another nothing fight to distract us from the fight everyone wants to see. Manny wins it's so what? Floyd schooled Mosley months ago and Mosley is a has been. Manny loses and Floyd uses that as his justification not to fight him.

FWIW i give it to Manny inside 8.

Any idea what time the fight might start at. :aok:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Any idea what time the fight might start at. :aok:

Programme starts at 2, given it's a Top Rank bill in Vegas i'd expect a pretty ropey undercard to drag on a bit and Pacquiao and Mosley to take the ring about 4ish.

silverhibee
08-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Programme starts at 2, given it's a Top Rank bill in Vegas i'd expect a pretty ropey undercard to drag on a bit and Pacquiao and Mosley to take the ring about 4ish.

Cheers. Hopefully stay up and watch it. :aok:

Woody1985
08-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Yep, was staying in tonight but ended up at a mates for it. Hopefully it's not over quickly. Nothing worse than staying out til 5am and it's over in a round.

Watched the prize fighter earlier. How stupid is that fields. Funniest interview ever. Hahaha

Woody1985
08-05-2011, 02:12 AM
What a dire fight this is.

ChooseLife
08-05-2011, 02:13 AM
is this the last pre-fight?

Woody1985
08-05-2011, 04:57 AM
No, the arce fight was. How funny was the commentry. Haha pacman fight was *****. Can't believe I stayed up to watch that pish.

MountcastleHibs
08-05-2011, 05:06 AM
No, the arce fight was. How funny was the commentry. Haha pacman fight was *****. Can't believe I stayed up to watch that pish.

Agreed. Terrible fight, and arguably one of the most boring I've watched.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm glad I didn't stay up. I SKY+'d it and watched it this morning instead of golfing in a monsoon! It was dire. Would never have expected to hear the PacMan get booed before the fight but the fans' reaction was justified. I think Floyd would out box PacMan after that showing!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm glad I didn't stay up. I SKY+'d it and watched it this morning instead of golfing in a monsoon! It was dire. Would never have expected to hear the PacMan get booed before the fight but the fans' reaction was justified. I think Floyd would out box PacMan after that showing!

I've said that for a long time and i stand by it. Pacquaio's best chance of beaing Mayweather is to KO him early as Floyd is a slow starter. The longer it goes the more boxing skill comes into it and Floyd outboxes Pacquaio every day of the week.

If people look past they hype Pacquaios last few performances have been far from great. Everyone got all excited at the fact he threw nearly 1300 punches against Clottey, what they didn't comment on was that only about 200 landed, thats a terrible punch accuracy percentage. Cotto was matching Pacquaio up until about the 8th round, barring the knockdowns in the 3rd, it was only when Cotto abandoned his boxing and started to brawl and fight that Manny took control. Margarito was a better performace but this was against a fighter who had been inactive for 18 months and was always a slow and pondering type. Then that last night was a joke. OK Mosley went defensive very early but Pacquiao seemed at a loss as to how to break the defence down. People always tell me Floyd Mayweather is boring but he was 10 times more entertaining when he fought Mosley and picked his way through his defence almost at will and landed a few fearsome combinations.

Forget Floyd, i'd take Juan Manuel Marquez to beat Pacquaio if they can agree a 3rd fight. Then again i'm sure Freddie Roach and Bob Arum will have the fight set up so Pacquiao has a weight adavntage, his choice of ring size, his choice of glove size and any other advantage they always insist upon that never gets reported.

Hibbie_Cameron
09-05-2011, 02:37 PM
The fight on the card between Arce and Vasquez (?) was a good match. I watched the re-run last night having not known the result. Dont know where Arce's energy came from to win that one, he looked a goner

Woody1985
09-05-2011, 08:18 PM
That was very entertaining. Almost as funny as the commentary. Arce has taken a lot of damage. Arce has lost his sting.

:faf:

Some of the lines in the first 7 or 8 rounds had to be scripted.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
If anyone is at all interested according to the boxrec schedules Floyd Mayweather has agree to fight Victor Ortiz in September. Boxrec usually don't put anything up until it's been confirmed so could be accurate.

This could be paving the way for a fight with Pacquaio as Mayweather has one more fight obligation in his contract with Golden Boy. Bob Arum has already stated that Pacquaio won't fight any Golden Boy fighters and Floyd was rumoured to be willing to swith to Don King Promotions in a bid to get the fight off the ground. Could be a case of Mayweather using this as a warm up and then a fight with Pacquaio being co promoted by Bob Arum and Don King, both have worked together on several high profile fights in the past.

Woody1985
10-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Even if the fight goes ahead it's a dud. We wanted it a year ago.