PDA

View Full Version : Jakub Divis

R'Albin
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Tin hat on but apart from the fact he maybe should have saved the first he had a good game.

I couldn't believe the criticism he came under after one game, he's just moved country and club, he doesn't know his defence that well yet, yet some folk are writing him off already!

Our best player today:agree:

hibsbollah
07-05-2011, 08:37 PM
He's a Hibs goalie, of course he got a hard time.

BEEJ
07-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Agreed. I thought he had a good game.

Might have done better at the goal and there was another cross that he ought to have come for. But pulled off some really good saves too.

leemel
08-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Hope no one is suggesting this is a good keeper?
Seen him twice now and not for me.

TornadoHibby
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Tin hat on but apart from the fact he maybe should have saved the first he had a good game.

I couldn't believe the criticism he came under after one game, he's just moved country and club, he doesn't know his defence that well yet, yet some folk are writing him off already!

Our best player today:agree:

It seems to be the way to go for some people attending Hibs matches these days! :agree:

The guy was getting rubbished at the St Johnstone game after 20 - 30 minutes of the first half when he had hardly had anything to do ffs! :confused:

Some people just like to moan rather than look for the bright things in anything! :wink:

Must be fun in their house(s)! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
08-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Had a very good save from an Imrie freekick yesterday, down low to his left after the ball came through the wall. Also palmed a few away and had 2 decent one on one saves in 2nd half. Plenty of talking coming from him too. Give him a chance before you decide his fate. :rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Hope no one is suggesting this is a good keeper?
Seen him twice now and not for me.

Anyone else see the irony in this??? :rolleyes:

stoneyburn hibs
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone else see the irony in this??? :rolleyes:

lol

scoopyboy
08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure but I see no harm in giving him the last two games of the season.

Haymaker
08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Made some good saves, unlucky with the goal. Give him a few more games.

Goalkeepers will always conceed, the 10 men in front of him having failed in their job to protect the goal. :agree:

AndersonGGTTH
09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry but a big no no for me :)

Would love too see stacky between the sticks again :agree:

number9dream
09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Stack, like everyone else in his situation, has been offered less money to stay on.

It's only Lewis that has taken the hit and signed so far...

AndersonGGTTH
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Stack, like everyone else in his situation, has been offered less money to stay on.

It's only Lewis that has taken the hit and signed so far...

You are 100% correct btw !

sahib
09-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry but a big no no for me :)

Would love too see stacky between the sticks again :agree:

What about sticky between the stacks?

Will the Co-op sponsor Divis or are they a thing of the past.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
What about sticky between the stacks?<br />
<br />
Will the Co-op sponsor Divis or are they a thing of the past.<br />
<br />
or where he is at corners, " Stacky, stuck between the sticks"

Franck is God
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I watched the highlights on the BBC site last night and Divis looked fine, actually thought that the criticism for conceding the goal was a bit OTT too.

I'm sure that because he got his hand to it he probably thinks himself that he should have stopped it but the fact he touched it at all shows excellent reactions and agility.

Too many on this site willing to criticise way too quickly, the best goalies in the world make mistakes so it's pretty likely any that end up at Hibs will too.

Stevie Reid
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Given our recent history with keepers I can completely understand why folk are already concerned about Divis - he looked shaky against St. Johnstone, and arguably cost us a goal; he subsequently cost us the game on Saturday too. He certainly made some fine saves but they are devalued somewhat by the fact that his mistake was so costly.

I am happy for him to keep goal for the last 2 games, there's no real harm in it - but he is effectively on trial and as such it would be foolish to ignore the fact that in his 2 games thus far he hasn't looked good and we've lost.

Here's hoping he turns out to be a good addition though, Kello had a shaky start for Hearts and he's been immense this season. In saying that, some goalkeepers never truly recover from a bad start, Gomes being a case in point.

BEEJ
10-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Given our recent history with keepers I can completely understand why folk are already concerned about Divis - he looked shaky against St. Johnstone, and arguably cost us a goal; he subsequently cost us the game on Saturday too. He certainly made some fine saves but they are devalued somewhat by the fact that his mistake was so costly.
I thought Dickoh's poor headed clearance made him as culpable for the goal we conceded on Saturday, if not moreso.

MrRobot
10-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Thought he looked shaky in the first game but looked very good against Hamilton and communicated with his defence. Made some very good saves and was unlucky with the goal, let down by defence.

Iain G
11-05-2011, 01:57 AM

I have always found this line of criticism of goalkeepers to be odd, you quite rightly point out that he made a lot of fine saves that probably kept us in the game and stopped us getting a hammering, yet focus on the one slip up he did make to call him shaky, instead of doing 95% of what is being asked of him!?!

Goalkeeping is a game of percentages, the more you keep out the more chance your team have of not losing the game. If everyone else in front of him does their job properly to the same level we cut down the percentages of us actually conceding. If Divis is only making one slip per game so early in his first team career with us, I'm rather happy with that, compared to some of those we have had keeping goal in the last 10 years.

Don't blame it all on the keeper! :aok:

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I have always found this line of criticism of goalkeepers to be odd, you quite rightly point out that he made a lot of fine saves that probably kept us in the game and stopped us getting a hammering, yet focus on the one slip up he did make to call him shaky, instead of doing 95% of what is being asked of him!?!

Goalkeeping is a game of percentages, the more you keep out the more chance your team have of not losing the game. If everyone else in front of him does their job properly to the same level we cut down the percentages of us actually conceding. If Divis is only making one slip per game so early in his first team career with us, I'm rather happy with that, compared to some of those we have had keeping goal in the last 10 years.

Don't blame it all on the keeper! :aok:

The nature of goalkeeping is such that a mistake is more often than not punished severely, hence the need for excellent concentration allied with all the other attributes required. As I pointed out in my previous post, his saves made after the goal are devalued by the fact that his mistake had cost us a goal - had the saves earned us something from the game then the performance would rightly have been heralded, but the most decisive moment was his mistake.

I find it absolutely stunning that you say "If Divis is only making one slip per game so early in his first team career with us, I'm rather happy with that" - so if our goalkeeper makes mistakes that loses us a goal in say his first 5 or 6 matches, you would accept that? That is totally unacceptable for a goalkeeper.

All you are looking for in a goalkeeper in his first few games is to look solid - he doesn't need to make any spectacular saves, just deal with the basics well and not make any glaring errors. Sadly Divis has failed on that front in his first two games - here's hoping he improves soon.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I thought Dickoh's poor headed clearance made him as culpable for the goal we conceded on Saturday, if not moreso.

It was a poor header, definitely - but that doesn't change the fact that he should have saved the shot comfortably.

Iain G
11-05-2011, 11:08 AM
The nature of goalkeeping is such that a mistake is more often than not punished severely, hence the need for excellent concentration allied with all the other attributes required. As I pointed out in my previous post, his saves made after the goal are devalued by the fact that his mistake had cost us a goal - had the saves earned us something from the game then the performance would rightly have been heralded, but the most decisive moment was his mistake.

I find it absolutely stunning that you say "If Divis is only making one slip per game so early in his first team career with us, I'm rather happy with that" - so if our goalkeeper makes mistakes that loses us a goal in say his first 5 or 6 matches, you would accept that? That is totally unacceptable for a goalkeeper.

All you are looking for in a goalkeeper in his first few games is to look solid - he doesn't need to make any spectacular saves, just deal with the basics well and not make any glaring errors. Sadly Divis has failed on that front in his first two games - here's hoping he improves soon.

All players make mistakes during a game, why hadn't the midfield closed down the players, why hadn't the defence cleared the ball or made a tackle, no, it's the keeper's fault that all and sundry in front of him let the player get into that shooting position. Divis is a keeper who you suggest did very little wrong during the rest of the game and kept the score down by playing well enough. :agree:

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 11:35 AM
All players make mistakes during a game, why hadn't the midfield closed down the players, why hadn't the defence cleared the ball or made a tackle, no, it's the keeper's fault that all and sundry in front of him let the player get into that shooting position. Divis is a keeper who you suggest did very little wrong during the rest of the game and kept the score down by playing well enough. :agree:

But keeping the score down is immaterial when his mistake lost us the game anyway! We gained nothing from his subsequent saves and lost everything from his error.

Of course other people can always be culpable in losing goals, but as the last line of defence a goalkeeper gets away with very little - it's harsh but it's the nature of the beast.

Bad Martini
11-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Tend to err towards the side that say he done well against Hamilton. As for losing us the game - I think the lack of work ethic almost everywhere else on the pitch and that moronic tackle from the Dick(ooo) helped in no small part to our ****tyness.

The boy done relatively well from what I seen and pulled out some decent saves. Do we say the forwards cost us the game for making a rodger dunt of every (few) attack we had? Or the midfielders cause they sprayed next to pish baws?

Collectively we looked like we were; SHEITE. We got what we deserved; NITTO. We should be able to beat a team like hamilton. We couldnt. Thats the bottom line. Scapegoats are fine but the collective (lack of) effort is far more worrying than any individual mistakes.

And if we couldnt muster a single goal and we were in fact "trying" against hamilton, then I'd give the ****ing lot of them their jotters - lets no kid ourselves. Our team, to a man, was pish. They didnt want to win that game as much as hamilton did and had they wanted to win, they COULD have, even with mediocre journey men, disposed of them. They didn't, they couldnt.

ENDOF

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Tend to err towards the side that say he done well against Hamilton. As for losing us the game - I think the lack of work ethic almost everywhere else on the pitch and that moronic tackle from the Dick(ooo) helped in no small part to our ****tyness.

The boy done relatively well from what I seen and pulled out some decent saves. Do we say the forwards cost us the game for making a rodger dunt of every (few) attack we had? Or the midfielders cause they sprayed next to pish baws?

Collectively we looked like we were; SHEITE. We got what we deserved; NITTO. We should be able to beat a team like hamilton. We couldnt. Thats the bottom line. Scapegoats are fine but the collective (lack of) effort is far more worrying than any individual mistakes.

And if we couldnt muster a single goal and we were in fact "trying" against hamilton, then I'd give the ****ing lot of them their jotters - lets no kid ourselves. Our team, to a man, was pish. They didnt want to win that game as much as hamilton did and had they wanted to win, they COULD have, even with mediocre journey men, disposed of them. They didn't, they couldnt.

ENDOF

I'm not making Divis a scapegoat at all, to say that he is responsible for us losing the game is as true as the fact that Hasselbaink won it. Yes, Hamilton wanted to win more than us and were better in many ways BUT the decisive moment in the game was the goal.

You could reasonably argue that Liam Miller cost us a draw by missing a sitter, but that miss didn't lose us the game. You take a goal back far enough and someone will always be culpable in the loss of it, and there were more than Divis at fault for the winner on Saturday - he is most culpable though.

BEEJ
11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm not making Divis a scapegoat at all, to say that he is responsible for us losing the game is as true as the fact that Hasselbaink won it. Yes, Hamilton wanted to win more than us and were better in many ways BUT the decisive moment in the game was the goal.

You could reasonably argue that Liam Miller cost us a draw by missing a sitter, but that miss didn't lose us the game. You take a goal back far enough and someone will always be culpable in the loss of it, and there were more than Divis at fault for the winner on Saturday - he is most culpable though.
So the goal we conceded 'cost us a draw' as well then? :confused: Would have been 0-0 otherwise.

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 12:33 PM
So the goal we conceded 'cost us a draw' as well then? :confused: Would have been 0-0 otherwise.

Yes, of course it did. Cost us a draw and lost us the game - pretty straightforward really.

BEEJ
11-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, of course it did. Cost us a draw and lost us the game - pretty straightforward really.
Yet, by your own words Liam Miller's miss "didn't lose us the game"? :confused: Score would have been 1-1 otherwise.

So, in the same way, you can logically argue that we lost because Miller missed the open goal. Or am I missing something?

Stevie Reid
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Yet, by your own words Liam Miller's miss "didn't lose us the game"? :confused: Score would have been 1-1 otherwise.

So, in the same way, you can logically argue that we lost because Miller missed the open goal. Or am I missing something?

You could make that argument - Liam Miller missed a great chance that could have made the score 1-1. However, as much as him scoring could have earned us a draw, the fact that he missed did not lose us anything, it was 0-0 when it happened. Dickoh getting sent off hindered our ability to get back into the game, but didn't lose it for us, as we were already 1-0 down.

Divis mistake cost us a goal and lost us the game, so he is therefore more culpable than Miller or Dickoh. As I said, it's harsh, but it's the nature of goalkeeping.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-05-2011, 05:30 PM
He was on my flight home today. Didn't get a chance to chat to him much as he was busy sleeping on the flight. Apparently has toothache and will go to the dentist tomorrow and he got picked up by his bird, well I think it was his bird unless he is doing a borat with his sister :-). Wished him good luck for next year and left it at that.

Looks like Brown and Divis for next season.

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 05:37 PM
He was on my flight home today. Didn't get a chance to chat to him much as he was busy sleeping on the flight. Apparently has toothache and will go to the dentist tomorrow and he got picked up by his bird, well I think it was his bird unless he is doing a borat with his sister :-). Wished him good luck for next year and left it at that.

has stack left ? And more importantly, is his bird tidy?:greengrin

truehibernian
15-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Did the lady in question have long brown hair and resemble a Bond girl/villainess scott.......bang tidy as Keef Lemon would say :greengrin

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 05:40 PM
What he said^:wink:

truehibernian
15-05-2011, 05:47 PM
What he said^:wink:

She is very very easy on the eye mate. She looked very out of place at New Douglas Park let me tell you.........she must have though she had been quantum leaped into the Star Wars Catina scene.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Lol - tanned, slim and black hair from where I was looking, she picked him up in a decent Chrysler jeep. My wife even said she looked like a typical footballers wife...... :-)

truehibernian
15-05-2011, 05:48 PM
....that should be Cantina of course

R'Albin
15-05-2011, 06:17 PM
She is very very easy on the eye mate. She looked very out of place at New Douglas Park let me tell you.........she must have though she had been quantum leaped into the Star Wars Catina scene.

Lol - tanned, slim and black hair from where I was looking, she picked him up in a decent Chrysler jeep. My wife even said she looked like a typical :greengrinfootballers wife...... :-)

ooohhh:love ya!:so she goes to games... cc sign him up!!