PDA

View Full Version : When will Hibs next win

Keith_M
07-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Genuine question, who do you see this side actually beating?

Is it because the teams we're playing have something to play for or is the problem something more fundamental?

EDIT: That was supposed to be a question mark on the post.

hibee1994
07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
We might just beat Aberdeen considering the significance of the game and the players might have some fight for Turnbull but after that i can't see us doing great next season with the current squad. All depends on CC's transfer market.

Golden Bear
07-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Is it because the teams we're playing have something to play for or is the problem something more fundamental?

EDIT: That was supposed to be a question mark on the post.

The problem lies somewhere between a lack of ability and a can't be arsed attitude.

I noticed how the Caley players rolled their sleeves up against Celtic on the same day the news broke that 10 of their players were getting released. Somehow given the same circumstances, I couldn't see our mob doing likewise.

BullbreedHFC
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
was just thinking the same mate ......... hard times ahead with CC and his squad of **** ( spoilt ma effin weekend again) love the club, angry as ****** with the players not too fussed about CC .......... :flag: GGTTH :agree:

Arch Stanton
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM

You say it's a problem but have you ever considered that what CC needs more than anything is knowledge, not results. It strikes me that he will have learned a lot about a number of players playing in different setups and different positions.

You and I both know the CC will be given half a dozen games at the start of next season to prove himself before the Hibs "support" throw their dummies out of the pram.

I also think that, deep down, most of us realise it isn't in the board's, or his, power to go out and buy in loads of great players and I can't for the life of me understand why so many have no cognisance or interest in the process of changing things for the better.

So the answer to the question is that I have no idea when our next win will be but I see no point in worrying about it until August at the earliest.

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2011, 05:58 PM
We might just beat Aberdeen considering the significance of the game and the players might have some fight for Turnbull but after that i can't see us doing great next season with the current squad. All depends on CC's transfer market.

:top marks:agree:

The Harp
07-05-2011, 06:17 PM
No doubt we'll get our usual outcome in Inverness. Can see the game v the Dons finishing all square, so it'll be next season for me before we taste success again - hope I'm wrong.:boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
No doubt we'll get our usual outcome in Inverness. Can see the game v the Dons finishing all square, so it'll be next season for me before we taste success again - hope I'm wrong.:boo hoo:

I hope that you are proved wrong too, but this time next week we will know, only time will tell........

Hibernia Na Eir
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
as SOON as Calderwood walks !

Baldy Foghorn
07-05-2011, 07:20 PM
as SOON as removed Calderwood walks !

very harsh

Capt Mainwaring
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Can't say until next season fixtures are announced!

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
I sense the ICT jinx is going to be broken in th next few days.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=keekaboo;2796067]Genuine question, who do you see this side actually beating?

Inverness on Wednesday!

Sylar
08-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Depends on the pre-season fixtures the club eventually announce.

Certainly not before the end of the season. I'd fancy Livingston to get a result at home too :wink:

Hamish
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Depends on the pre-season fixtures the club eventually announce.

Certainly not before the end of the season. I'd fancy Livingston to get a result at home too :wink:

Surely to god they can realise the significance of the game and least put in a performance (result is basically irrelevant) next weekend. Not too much to ask or is it?

Bostonhibby
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
When do the Under 19's next play the Yam's?

I am actually quite worried about next season already, maybe this shower have more to give and will do it when there is a bit more to play for, but I think thats the root of the problem, if what we are seeing now is the can't be arsed attitude because of where we are then I don't want to see Hibs ever settle for a player giving less than their best. If any manager is aware thats the case then he's part of the problem if he doesn't deal with it.

I am not about to get on Calderwoods back at all at the moment but I hope this run is telling him about the extent of the clear out thats required and the attitude change he needs to bring about. The more I think about it the more I wonder if the culture and his inability to get past player "power" wasn't at least a part of why John Collins gave up.

woodyloon
08-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I always hope it's the next game, but it was only a couple of months ago that I couldn't see were our next point never mind win was coming from and we would of be seriously looking at relegation.
As it is we hit a period of getting a bit of luck and picked up enough points, before we hit the skids again, just the same as happened after getting results against Motherwell and Rangers early in CC reign, you would think that would be what was required then to steady the ship then and push on up the league.
As it turnt out it was just small ray of sunlight on what has been a very stressful season, which basically just carried on from the form we showed in the 2nd half of last season.

My biggest concern is we are as team a soft touch now, we lose goals so easily to other teams, even to the point that the opposition are surprised the the time and the space they get themselves, just look at the equalising goal in the last derby game, there was 2 if not 3 Hearts players unmarked with a chance of scoring, how many times does that happen when we are attacking, probaly once or twice a season.
Even CC has been unable so far to form a team that shows any sign of a backbone, and until we do I think we will have a lot more games like we are seeing just now.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM
It will be this year. That's a definite.

You heard it here first.

The Gorf
09-05-2011, 02:36 PM
was just thinking the same mate ......... hard times ahead with CC and his squad of **** ( spoilt ma effin weekend again) love the club, angry as ****** with the players not too fussed about CC .......... :flag: GGTTH :agree:
Wage thieves. Get the youngsters to give it a go. What have we got to lose?

FromTheCapital
09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Think we'll beat Sheep 2-1 at ER last game of the season...