PDA

View Full Version : NHC QPR going up

Pretty Boy
07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
No points deduction so QPR promoted as champions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13318784.stm

Baldy
07-05-2011, 11:52 AM
1 up after 27 secs against Leeds as well

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
QPR should have been deducted 20 points :agree:

:greengrinthen leeds 'might' have got into the play-offs :boo hoo: ah well, always next season, if grayson gets shot of the majority of that leeds defence(especially o'brien) :agree:

R'Albin
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM

:greengrinthen leeds 'might' have got into the play-offs :boo hoo: ah well, always next season, if grayson gets shot of the majority of that leeds defence(especially o'brien) :agree:

:agree: They've broken the rules, yet they're no even getting punished for it?

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 02:04 PM
£865k fine but no points deduction

Keith_M
07-05-2011, 02:11 PM

Hmmm, if we're on about dodgy dealings in football clubs, Leeds Utd are no strangers to that subject.

Hibs Class
07-05-2011, 08:49 PM

A fine of that amount will be loose change compared with what they'll earn in the EPL.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Warnock was screaming for West Ham to be docked points when the Tevez/Mascherano similar situation occured was he not.

HibbyAndy
07-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Warnock was screaming for West Ham to be docked points when the Tevez/Mascherano similar situation occured was he not.

:agree:

Spot on..Total erse of a man.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Hmmm, if we're on about dodgy dealings in football clubs, Leeds Utd are no strangers to that subject.

the :greengrin was a giveaway, but anyway....LUFC are now sqeaky-clean...ken bates is the official(sorta) owner :greengrin

thats true, although i dont think QPR were ever in any danger of getting any points deducted(imo)

Pretty Boy
08-05-2011, 12:15 AM

And they weren't, so surely the FA had set a precedent. To then deduct QPR points after failing to do likewise to West Ham would have been grossly unfair IMO.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2011, 11:37 AM
And they weren't, so surely the FA had set a precedent. To then deduct QPR points after failing to do likewise to West Ham would have been grossly unfair IMO.

I wonder if the other clubs will now follow the other precedent set when Warnock's Sheffield United sued West Ham and recieved 4M in damages.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Anyone know what happens with this money?

Hibs Class
08-05-2011, 04:14 PM

I could be wrong but my recollection is that it was the EPL that ruled on West Ham & Tevez but the FA that ruled on QPR, so two different governing bodies and no precedent.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Anyone know what happens with this money?

I'll take that as being a NO then. :wink: