PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Today's (Other) Games

Sylar
07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Rangers vs Hearts on live (SS1) - just a few minutes gone.

Hearts have an ardent Rangers fan in goals by the way :greengrin (thought I'd get the theories in early).

HibbyAndy
07-05-2011, 11:24 AM
It aint on SS1.

Sylar
07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Sorry, SS4.

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Neil Lennon in the papers today saying he'll be watching Rangers remaining opponents to make sure they don’t give Rangers an easy win :greengrin

Lennon your a first class tool :agree:

HibbyAndy
07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry, SS4.

Thats better :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Neil Lennon in the papers today saying he'll be watching Rangers remaining opponents to make sure they don’t give Rangers an easy win :greengrin

I got the "Motherwell Laid down to Rangers because of Stuart McCall" crap from a paranoid Celtc fan in the office this week.

I'm surprised I didn't get the ICT only play well because of Butcher stuff as well

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Hearts should have scored :greengrin

Sylar
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Hearts should be 1-0 up.

Got to be honest - David Templeton looks a very promising young player.

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I got the "Motherwell Laid down to Rangers because of Ian McColl" crap from a paranoid Celtc fan in the office this week.

I'm surprised I didn't get the ICT only play well because of Butcher stuff as well

David Goodwillie in the papers last week saying he hopes the Dark blues win the title....So I take it Lennon won't be putting in a bid come end of the season.

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Huns for the League 1-0

Sylar
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Hearts have an ardent Rangers fan in goals by the way :greengrin (thought I'd get the theories in early).

Right on cue Jamie :greengrin

1-0 (Jelavic)

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Rangers 1 up

Goalkeeper should have shaved that

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
What's the odds of Ian Black spending most of the game on his @rse

Hibs90
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Hearts should be 1-0 up.

Got to be honest - David Templeton looks a very promising young player.

Very over-rated. Had a good start to the season but has done nothing since the turn of the year. Garbage :agree:

Pretty Boy
07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Rangers 1 up

Goalkeeper should have shaved that

:agree:

MacDonalds murder. Never a premier league goalkeeper in a million years.

Sylar
07-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Very over-rated. Had a good start to the season but has done nothing since the turn of the year. Garbage :agree:

This is the first I've seen him in quite a while to be honest - not been paying much of any attention to the SPL this season.

Greentinted
07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I got the "Motherwell Laid down to Rangers because of Ian McColl" crap from a paranoid Celtc fan in the office this week.

Ian McColl? (http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01088/iainmccoll280_1088140a.jpg) Am no sure the guy in 'City Lights' would have much influence on footballing matters but that's paranoid weegie sell-outs for you? :greengrin

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Ian Brines doesn’t want to give Rangers a penalty to early encase it looks like a fix. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 11:53 AM

MacDonalds murder. Never a premier league goalkeeper in a million years.

He's very fortunate to still be at an SPL club IMO. He was on a par with Andy McNeil when they were under 21 but he's still kicking about due to his lack of exposure to the 1st team.

remember his howlers against us in the Cup when he was on loan at QoS? He's a bombscare - I'm delighted that he's their keeper.

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Stuart McCall? Am no sure the guy in 'City Lights' would have much influence on footballing matters but that's paranoid weegie sell-outs for you? :greengrin

Corrected just in time :wink:

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
2-0 easy for the Currents

hibiedude
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
They think its all over :greengrin

Elephant Stone
07-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Naismith was a mile offside.

moredun
No Kello or Zaliuskas, "unavailable for selection" says Fat Jeffries:faf:

Huns going for the league, mini hins going for third, game atmosphere, the yam ****s are total garbage, only Templeton looks ok, how weird of a body shape has he, he looks like a pigeon scuttling along a wall

:faf:

2-0 now

Moulin Yarns

Even better :greengrin

Greentinted
07-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Corrected just in time :wink:

:greengrin I preferred the image of a drunken jakey type with OF sympathies...oh wait!

And Naismith was offside for Rangers second, the deluded ones willnae be chuffed, aw well such is life. (Although proving my objective credentials Brines is an all-round arse)

Moulin Yarns
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
3-0 It is all over. The 400,000 away support will be streaming along the M8 in a minute!!!

David_D
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
3-0 :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-05-2011, 12:02 PM
3-0, Davis.

Game over, big chance for Dundee Utd today. :agree:

moredun
07-05-2011, 12:03 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

How bad are the ****s

3 goals at ibrox, pity unlike us they never scored any, never won in over 7 years, what big bottlers of a team they are

And where are the **** fans????
All i see is seats, are they still not trying to win the league? No, but they are the "big" team going for err 3rd and europe, someone should have told their fans i think

Riordans Boots
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
:tee hee:
3-0 It is all over. The 400,000 away support will be streaming along the M8 in a minute!!!

HibbyAndy
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Hearts lying down to the big Huns.Shock horror.

Greentinted
Hearts are woeful at the back, how the hell are they in 3rd? Not being parochial in any way but anyone who thinks they are the so-called 'best of the rest' needs their heid bumps feeling.
We've been poor this season aye, but having seen them (albeit on telly) a good few times they truly are not that much better than us. Big team my hairy erse!

hibiedude
Rangers making this look like a stroll in the park

HT 3-0 UP

Sir David Gray
07-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Hearts are woeful at the back, how the hell are they in 3rd? Not being parochial in any way but anyone who thinks they are the so-called 'best of the rest' needs their heid bumps feeling.
We've been poor this season aye, but having seen them (albeit on telly) a good few times they truly are not that much better than us. Big team my hairy erse!

They've been crap for the last 2-3 months but unfortunately they have been considerably better than us this season.

The table doesn't lie I'm afraid, particularly when it shows up a 26 point gap.

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Two points from watching this humiliation:

1. How can we not beat that shower of *****?

2. Did I really hear that Hearts have only won at Ibrox ONCE IN 15 YEARS! Surely a club the size of Hearts can't have that poor a record!

Sodje_18
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM

How bad are the ****s

3 goals at ibrox, pity unlike us they never scored any, never won in over 7 years, what big bottlers of a team they are

All i see is seats, are they still not trying to win the league? No, but they are the "big" team going for err 3rd and europe, someone should have told their fans i think

They are dreadful, 3 wins in 25 years at ibrox, what a pitiful record! :lolyam:

3pm
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Hearts lying down to the big Huns.Shock horror.

FJK needs to make sure he gets the 18 holes at Loch Lomond he was promised from Walter Smith 15 years ago. Take the hint Jimbo.

Greentinted
07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
They've been crap for the last 2-3 months but unfortunately they have been considerably better than us this season.

The table doesn't lie I'm afraid, particularly when it shows up a 26 point gap.

Yeh, I get that and the numbers don't lie in the final analysis but the actual quality of their play is poor. Spoken to a few of the 400k and even they say that it's eye-bleedingly dreadful watching them. Rangers are exploiting their (many) frailties and I suppose it has been down to the others in the league to follow suit. Mind you Mixu sussed them easily enough...

HibbyAndy
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Dobbie gets his 8th of the season for Swansea.

Hibs90
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Is it hurting? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
As it stands mathematically Dundee United could still pip the Yams for that 3rd spot. It's a tall order but you never know.

Hearts get pumped today and Dundee United beat Motherwell later today. That would take the Yams lead down to just 5 points with two games each to play. The next set of fixtures are

Rangers v Dundee Utd
Hearts v Celtic

If the results go against the Yams then they will go to Dundee (yes Dundee :wink:) only two points ahead of Dundee United and we know that the Yams have bottled it up there before.

We live in hope.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
As it stands mathematically Dundee United could still pip the Yams for that 3rd spot. It's a tall order but you never know.

Hearts get pumped today and Dundee United beat Motherwell later today. That would take the Yams lead down to just 5 points with two games each to play. The next set of fixtures are

Rangers v Dundee Utd
Hearts v Celtic

If the results go against the Yams then they will go to Dundee (yes Dundee :wink:) only two points ahead of Dundee United and we know that the Yams have bottled it up there before.

We live in hope.

It's still possible but, realistically, Hearts only need 1 point from their last two games to confirm third place, and that's assuming that Dundee Utd win their next two matches going into the game against Hearts.

If Dundee Utd don't beat Motherwell later on this afternoon, then it'll be over today.

David_D
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Hearts down to 10 men.:thumbsup: It was a pretty shocking tackle in all fairness in my opinion

Hibs7
Jumbos down to 10 men ha ha.

Hiber-nation
Hearts down to 10 men.:thumbsup: It was a pretty shocking tackle in all fairness in my opinion

Arguably the softest red card I've ever seen.

Mikey
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Never a sending off.

Good.

Hibs7
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Who cares how soft it was, good enough for the ****s

Row H
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Excellent!! :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
As much as I love seeing Jambos get punted, the ref only gave the red card because of the reaction of the Rangers players. Shocking decision!

moredun
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
He went clean through the back of the player, very bad tackle regardless

iwasthere1972
07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
It's still possible but, realistically, Hearts only need 1 point from their last two games to confirm third place, and that's assuming that Dundee Utd win their next two matches going into the game against Hearts.

If Dundee Utd don't beat Motherwell later on this afternoon, then it'll be over today.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that. :greengrin

Anyway this is the Yams we are talking about.

SteveHFC
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
As much as I love seeing Jambos get punted, the ref only gave the red card because of the reaction of the Rangers players. Shocking decision!

just what i was about to type before i pressed delete by mistake

Springbank
07-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Seems like Hearts haven't won since New Years Day, and they were a bit fortunate that day too (Nish chance, Dickoh chance, before a late goal won it)

They have even had a ridiculous collapse leading to a high scoring draw with Motherwell

Is Yogi in charge over there???

Hiber-nation
07-05-2011, 12:58 PM
He went clean through the back of the player, very bad tackle regardless

Naah, Jelavic is a cheat and made the most of it. Barely a yellow.

Not that I give a monkey's about who wins the game, but I hate seeing the huns getting decisions like that.

David_D
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
4-0 now Stevenson o.g :not worth

moredun
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Naah, Jelavic is a cheat and made the most of it. Barely a yellow.

Not that I give a monkey's about who wins the game, but I hate seeing the huns getting decisions like that.

Behave

iwasthere1972
07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
4-0 to the Huns. :thumbsup:

Making a wee dent in the Yams goal difference. Could be crucial. Could do with another 3 at least.

Riordans Boots
07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
:faf:

moredun
07-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Absolutely spineless from the yams, 4-0 and hit the post twice, yams not even had a corner

Big team have big squads, no excuse form this garbage:faf:

iwasthere1972
07-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Are the empty seats in the away end where all the beachballs were?

iwasthere1972
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Dobbie scores again for Swansea. Now 3-0 up.

Sylar
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
QPR 1-2 Leeds

CyberSauzee
07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
At Ryman play off, Tonbridge v Lowestoft. Winner into Conf South. Suns out, here with Sergey. Either here gloryhunting or Underhill for Barnet. Sunny Kent wins

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Seems like Hearts haven't won since New Years Day, and they were a bit fortunate that day too (Nish chance, Dickoh chance, before a late goal won it)

They have even had a ridiculous collapse leading to a high scoring draw with Motherwell

Is Yogi in charge over there???

Not sure where you get your info but they have beaten Rangers, Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Killmarnock and St Johnstone since beating us at New Year. However, you are right, they have had a Hibs style post Christmas collapse which makes it even more frustrating that we couldn't beat them in the last Derby!

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Not sure where you get your info but they have beaten Rangers, Hamilton, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Killmarnock and St Johnstone since beating us at New Year. However, you are right, they have had a Hibs style post Christmas collapse which makes it even more frustrating that we couldn't beat them in the last Derby!

One win in ten now for the Gorgolyes, and that was a last minute winner at home to St Mirren.

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Billy Dodds just described the Dunfermline v Falkirk match as a "tough derby game". I know the 2 sets of fans don't like each other but do these people not know what a derby is?

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Billy Dodds just described the Dunfermline v Falkirk match as a "tough derby game". I know the 2 sets of fans don't like each other but do these people not know what a derby is?

Dodds is an idiot

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 02:07 PM

The fans call it and treat it like a derby though. They're closer to eachother than Liverpool and ManU or Madrid and Barcelona.

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The fans call it and treat it like a derby though. They're closer to eachother than Liverpool and ManU or Madrid and Barcelona.

Neither of those games is a derby either :confused:

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Neither of which are derbies.

The Pars/Falkirk rivalry stems from the Falkirk fans turning up with gas masks and Scottish Gas t-shirts after Norrie McCathie died.

Lots of teams have their own rivalries but a derby, AFAIK is when two teams from the same town play each other.

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
The Pars/Falkirk rivalry stems from the Falkirk fans turning up with gas masks and Scottish Gas t-shirts after Norrie McCathie died.

IIRC it's been going for a lot longer than that. It might not be a real 'derby' but the fans of the two clubs really despise each other.

Aberdeen 0 St Johnstone 1 BTW

greenginger
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM

Is that the same Neil Lennon who was Celtic captain back in 2003 when they fielded 11 reserves against Killie after they had secured the league.

Killie got an easy win giving them a eufa cup spot, and the poor old Jumbos ,who were just below them got nought.

Short memory Mr Lennon.

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
IIRC it's been going for a lot longer than that. It might not be a real 'derby but tThe fans of the two clubs really despise each other.

Aberdeen 0 St Johnstone 1 BTW

Nobody is disputing that, just commenting on the very poor punditry, yet again, from that bawbag Dodds

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
just the very poor punditry, yet again, from that bawbag Dodds

And yet he still manages to make Alan Preston sound like God's gift to sports broadcasting :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Neither of those games is a derby either :confused:

Neither of which are derbies.

Lots of teams have their own rivalries but a derby, AFAIK is when two teams from the same town play each other.

I'm obviously falling into the trap of the TV guys calling them derbies then. The Falkirk and Dunfermline fans call it a derby - I can't remember why but they do, the McCathie thing might have escalated things but I'm sure there's more to it.

Sorry for the confusion Billy, I didn't realise you hadn't heard of the ManU/Liverpool or Barca/Real games being referred to as derbies before. I'll try and be much clearer for you in future. :rolleyes:

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm obviously falling into the trap of the TV guys calling them derbies then. The Falkirk and Dunfermline fans call it a derby - I can't remember why but they do, the McCathie thing might have escalated things but I'm sure there's more to it.

Sorry for the confusion Billy, I didn't realise you hadn't heard of the ManU/Liverpool or Barca/Real games being referred to as derbies before. I'll try and be much clearer for you in future. :rolleyes:

Never heard ManU/Liverpool being called a derby :confused: Do the same people whoever they are call Man City/Everton a derby as well?

And Barca's derby is against Espanyol. Don't care what anyone else says.

Frazerbob
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM

Any need for the sarcy tone?

They may be billed as derbies by TV companies trying to get more viewers however they are not Derbies. Liverpool's derby is Everton, Real Madrid's is Athletico and Barca's is Espanyol.

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Dunfermline are 1-0 up now (whether it's a real derby or not :greengrin)

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Never heard ManU/Liverpool being called a derby :confused: Do the same people whoever they are call Man City/Everton a derby as well?

And Barca's derby is against Espanyol. Don't care what anyone else says.

Have you not? "They" don't refer to the opposite as derbies FYI.

Have you ever heard of the New Firm derby?

Any need for the sarcy tone?

I thought so. Wasn't aimed at you.

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Have you not? They don't refer to the opposite as derbies FYI.

Have you ever heard of the New Firm derby?

Eh, no. The Arabs derby is against Dundee. I thought the sheepies derby was against the huns :dunno:

Greentinted
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Dunfermline are 1-0 up now (whether it's a real derby or not :greengrin)

:tee hee:

This probably confuses the whole issue but hey-ho LOCAL DERBY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_derby)

Hibernia Na Eir
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM

How bad are the ****s

wanted a hearts win today damn

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Eh, no. The Arabs derby is against Dundee. I thought the sheepies derby was against the huns :dunno:

You've never heard of the New Firm derby? And technically you shouldn't call them Arabs as they don't come from there.:wink:

Keith_M
07-05-2011, 02:37 PM
And in some news from Germany:

In the second last round of Bundesliga 3 games, Dynamo Dresden beat Burghausen 2 - 0 in front of 29,394. This means that if they win their last game, they'll definitely be in the play offs for promotion to Bundesliga 2.

:thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Dundee Utd one up.

They can still mathematically catch the yams.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Dundee Utd one up.

They can still mathematically catch the yams.

If they hold on today they've got to win at Ibrox and hope Hearts lose to Celtic (both in midweek) then it's in their own hands.

That would be hilarious.

Removed
07-05-2011, 02:44 PM
You've never heard of the New Firm derby? And technically you shouldn't call them Arabs as they don't come from there.:wink:

My 'no' was to your first question.

Yes I have heard them say it, but it doesn't make it right and I ignore it. Aberdeen v Dundee Utd is not a derby no matter what any tv/radio pundit might say.

http://www.footballheaven.net/acatalog/dundeeunitedscarf9.jpg

:na na:

Sylar
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Arabs 2-0 up.

Removed
If they hold on today they've got to win at Ibrox and hope Hearts lose to Celtic (both in midweek) then it's in their own hands.

That would be hilarious.

2 nil now :thumbsup:

Keith_M

That would be hilarious.

I'd love to see that, but it is a lot to ask.

TRC
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM
3-0 utd Daly hattrick

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
2-0 Dunfermline

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Aberdeen 0 St Johnstone 2

Barney McGrew
07-05-2011, 03:45 PM
3-0 Dunfermline, 1-0 ICT - Rooney scores

4-0 Dundee Utd

Sergey
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
At Ryman play off, Tonbridge v Lowestoft. Winner into Conf South. Suns out, here with Sergey. Either here gloryhunting or Underhill for Barnet. Sunny Kent wins

Great match and a credit to lower league football.

Unfortunately the match finished Tonbridge 4 - 3 Lowestoft. It could have gone either way.

The match wasn't spoiled by the continued crowd trouble. I just love the bygone days of no segregation.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM

That would be hilarious.

:agree: I think it's fair to say that, after having an 18 point lead over 4th place just two and a half months ago, I would almost certainly wet my underpants if Hearts were pipped at the post on the final day of the season - in Dundee of all places.

I live in hope. :pray:

Alas, I think the end of the season will come just one week too early for Dundee Utd and Hearts will just see it out by the skin of their teeth.