PDA

View Full Version : Colin Murdock

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone see Colin Murdock on SSN? Seems to have worked his way onto some kind of rules committee in the English league, currently making a decision on QPR breaching signing rules. His driver opened the boot of the car and PC wasn't looking and dunted his heid on it. Class is eternal.

HibbyAndy
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I did see the name 'Colin Murdock' and thought 'Cant be'..Just shows you eh..Even pish football players can have a say in mammoth fitba calls.

Kaiser1962
06-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Anyone see Colin Murdock on SSN? Seems to have worked his way onto some kind of rules committee in the English league, currently making a decision on QPR breaching signing rules. His driver opened the boot of the car and PC wasn't looking and dunted his heid on it. Class is eternal.

Was he not a trained lawyer?

Does anybody remember Novo going absolutely raj at him during a game at ER? He might not have been the best ever but he had wee Nacho in his pocket that day.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Was he not a trained lawyer?

Does anybody remember Novo going absolutely raj at him during a game at ER? He might not have been the best ever but he had wee Nacho in his pocket that day.

At the end of season 2008/09 Murdock retired from professional football after 17 years and 417 appearances to commence a new career as a sports lawyer.

Iggy Pope
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
I did see the name 'Colin Murdock' and thought 'Cant be'..Just shows you eh..Even pish football players can have a say in mammoth fitba calls.

He could be part of the team acting on behalf of QPR of course?

O'Rourke3
07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
There's a bit of me hoping he's not the defense for QPR. He'll line the case up properly then swing and miss at a point straight down the middle and they'll get relegated instead of promoted. He was a complete bomb scare.

Beefster
07-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Murdock wasn't as bad as is made out nowadays. He wasn't great but he wasn't a complete huddy either. He also coolly slotted a penalty away against the Orcs in the League Cup semi at Hampden.

BoltonHibee
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
He is one of four on the FA panel. Colin Murdock works for the Manchester Law firm, George Davies. He is still training as a solicitor but should qualify later on this year.

IWasThere2016
07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
He is one of four on the FA panel. Colin Murdock works for the Manchester Law firm, George Davies. He is still training as a solicitor but should qualify later on this year.

That firm acts an agent for many a player..

BoltonHibee
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
That firm acts an agent for many a player..

Your bang on there G.

Not quite sure of his role on the FA panel in this case.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Wonder if he still has his boots :greengrin

KWJ
08-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Murdock wasn't as bad as is made out nowadays. He wasn't great but he wasn't a complete huddy either. He also coolly slotted a penalty away against the Orcs in the League Cup semi at Hampden.

And for that I like him, was a great penalty. However, he was one of the poorest centre halves I've seen in a Hibs shirt and he got far FAR too many appearances.

Spike Mandela
08-05-2011, 07:39 AM
And for that I like him, was a great penalty. However, he was one of the poorest centre halves I've seen in a Hibs shirt and he got far FAR too many appearances.

Did he not have a penchant for slicing the ball into the back of his own net. I seem to recall a fair few OGs from him or am I just imagining it?

Barney McGrew
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Wonder if he still has his boots :greengrin

I wonder if he's learned to put them on the right feet yet :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I wonder if he's learned to put them on the right feet yet :greengrin:tee hee: