PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Urgent help paypal - to pay for flag (eddie turnbull)

Thomson1875
06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Hello guys,

Off the phone to Barmy Flags they can do the flag by next week if payment is recieved today. They do not exept paypal, and by the time its transfered into a bank account (account not verified so cannot be done), Anyone willing for me to transfer the amount of money to there paypal. Then for them to phone up barmy flags and state "that you making the payment for the EDDIE TURNBALL flag" and they will know what your on about. Payment needs to be made buy 3-4pm.

Flag is going to be a smaller size 15ft instead of 20ft in height, As thats the only way they can make the deadline.

The cost is now £250, Charlie laughed at me when i stated the printing company were after £470 for the printed flag for such less quality.

Let me know if it is possible for someone to help out. I will transfer the Money as soon as someone can do it for me.

Cheers

Peevemor
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
You're not Nigerian are you? :greengrin

trev the hat
06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Just a thought, as a contributor to the flag, does anyone think it might be better to hold the cash in the paypal account, and shop around for the size and design we want for it,(maybe even embroidered, as a bit more in the pot) rather than end up with a flag which is smaller and maybe not what we would have hoped for.
Then we could unvail it at our 1st home game next season with pride. :greengrin

I appreciate it would be better to have it for the 14th.
Either way i,m happy but given the choice i personally would wait for exactly what we want.

Trev

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello guys,

Off the phone to Barmy Flags they can do the flag by next week if payment is recieved today. They do not exept paypal, and by the time its transfered into a bank account (account not verified so cannot be done), Anyone willing for me to transfer the amount of money to there paypal. Then for them to phone up barmy flags and state "that you making the payment for the EDDIE TURNBALL flag" and they will know what your on about. Payment needs to be made buy 3-4pm.

Flag is going to be a smaller size 15ft instead of 20ft in height, As thats the only way they can make the deadline.

The cost is now £250, Charlie laughed at me when i stated the printing company were after £470 for the printed flag for such less quality.

Let me know if it is possible for someone to help out. I will transfer the Money as soon as someone can do it for me.

Cheers

not being smart but, i hope you inform them before anything goes to print, that his surname is/was turnBULL, thus hopefully avoiding a CELTC moment :agree:

FranckSuzy
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere but what wording was finally decided on for the flag? IMHO, I think it would be great to have it for the 14th IF it's top quality, not just a rush job to have it ready for the Don's game. As Trev says, if the quality's debatable, then maybe better waiting till we get the 'real deal'. :dunno: Sorry, I can't help with the paypal issue but hope you get it sorted ASAP :flag:

Kojock
06-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello guys,

Cheers

Thomo you have a PM :aok:

FranckSuzy
06-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Bump!

What's happening guys? Hope we have a :flag: :greengrin

fat freddy
06-05-2011, 06:50 PM
i think Thomson 1875 has probably been admitted to the Andrew Duncan clinic suffering from stress...its been a tough week for the young flagmeister with all the obstacles that have been put in his way in persuit of the perfect 'Ned Flag'...i take my hat off to the young man but i have to admit i've had a few laughs reading about the progress of his flag...

reservoir hibee
08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
not being smart but, :agree:

not likely :wink:

Thomson1875
08-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Barmy flags are currently doing the flag, will be high quality compared to the printed flag that was originally going to be.

Wording is - Eddie Turnbull , Legend , 1923 - 2011 with the picture of him training in the background.

if im honest never thought it would be as hard as it was but finally done. When it arrives hopefully during the week, Ill try and get a few pictures for use.

sorry about not updating as it wouldnt seem to let me log in, came up logging in but went back to the log in page.

there is just under £220 left in the fund - suggestions are needed few folk think another flag for the starting of next season?

what do use think?

Cheers to everyone who donated and took the time to help me out.

ps - all spelling was triple checked, was the guy from barmy flags confusing me kept saying Turnball and i was like Turnbull, had to spell it to him about 10 times.

lyonhibs
08-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Barmy flags are currently doing the flag, will be high quality compared to the printed flag that was originally going to be.

Wording is - Eddie Turnbull , Legend , 1923 - 2011 with the picture of him training in the background.

if im honest never thought it would be as hard as it was but finally done. When it arrives hopefully during the week, Ill try and get a few pictures for use.

sorry about not updating as it wouldnt seem to let me log in, came up logging in but went back to the log in page.

there is just under £220 left in the fund - suggestions are needed few folk think another flag for the starting of next season?

what do use think?

ps - all spelling was triple checked, was the guy from barmy flags confusing me kept saying Turnball and i was like Turnbull, had to spell it to him about 10 times.

That sounds awesome. Simple, appropriate and classy. Great efford!

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2011, 05:04 PM
not likely :wink:

wheeesht u :wink::spammy:

ronaldo7
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM

what do use think?

That sounds awesome. Simple, appropriate and classy. Great efford!

Hopefully not by Lyonhibs:greengrin

lyonhibs
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Hopefully not by Lyonhibs:greengrin

Damn phone keyboard........................:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2011, 03:54 PM

what do use think?

Could i suggest an Erich Schaedler flag. He was one of my first Heroes.

hibsforeurope
09-05-2011, 08:25 PM
How about a pat Stanton flag?

Jack
09-05-2011, 09:48 PM

what do use think?

What about continuing the fund for banners for the other four?

whiskyhibby
09-05-2011, 10:11 PM
What about continuing the fund for banners for the other four?

Good choice!!

Jack
09-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Good choice!!

I can't claim it as my idea but as no one has mentioned it someone has to.

Simpson
10-05-2011, 07:45 AM
That would be awesome to have the other 4 in different sections of the East so when you look along they are lined up?