PDA

View Full Version : Will Shralek Be Able To Stop Barca At Wembley?

Dashing Bob S
04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
They will have to play a containing, Inter-last-season sort of game as if they let Barca play they'll be torn apart. Might not be pretty to watch.

joe breezy
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it anyway, I think Man U are better than Real so should be closer

Ryan91
05-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Hopefully Barca win and do so with the flair and style that they are famous for. Should be a close one but Barca for the win, anyone got any odds for the game?

IWasThere2016
05-05-2011, 05:53 AM
IMHO, ManUre will go toe to toe with Barca - and although I have ManUre in a sweepie - I want Barca to win as Fergie's a pwick :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Hopefully Barca win and do so with the flair and style that they are famous for. Should be a close one but Barca for the win, anyone got any odds for the game?

TalkSport were just talking about it - Barca evens, Man Utd 3/1.

Allant1981
05-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Ive got a feeling utd might just sneak a win, they havent been playing great but somehow seem to have made the final, cant see them letting barca go out and do what they want. Barca annoy me sometimes with the daft 2 yard passes when there clearly isnt a need

sambajustice
05-05-2011, 08:08 AM
4-0 Barca

Keith_M
05-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Hmmm, we've got one lot managed by the most obnoxious pwik in existence and the other lot a bunch of long haired, diving, moaning jessies. But that's enough about the OF, the Champions League final is not much better.

So, to sum it up, I really couldn't care less who wins.

easty
05-05-2011, 09:03 AM
TalkSport were just talking about it - Barca evens, Man Utd 3/1.

If Man Utd are 3/1 then I will be having a bit of money on them to win.

I wouldn't doubt that Barcelona on thier day would take Man Utd apart, but it's a one-off game and you don't know what will happen.

I just hope it's good to watch.

ballengeich
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I reckon that if both teams are at maximum performance Barca will win. However it's close enough that if they're at 90% of their best and ManU are at 100% Shralek will triumph.

Tactics will be interesting. In the finals against both Bayern and Barcelona Ferguson was out-thought by the opposing coach (Bayern just ran out of steam). He's perhaps not the greatest tactician, though he is a great man-manager.

Franck is God
05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
In the last final United missed Darren Fletcher more than anyone else, he was the player that made their midfield work, with him back fit, Carrick & Rooney playing so well and competetition for pretty much every other position on the pitch I think they will surprise a few.

Barca's antics in the last couple of games against Real will have lost them a few fans, they are a great team but when things are a bit difficult they don't mind resorting to a few underhand tactics....

easty
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
In the last final United missed Darren Fletcher more than anyone else, he was the player that made their midfield work, with him back fit, Carrick & Rooney playing so well and competetition for pretty much every other position on the pitch I think they will surprise a few.

Barca's antics in the last couple of games against Real will have lost them a few fans, they are a great team but when things are a bit difficult they don't mind resorting to a few underhand tactics....

Is Carrick playing well? I agree with you about Fletcher but I think Man Utd look a better side when Carrick isn't playing. He doesn't offer them anything of value in my opinion.

Franck is God
05-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Is Carrick playing well? I agree with you about Fletcher but I think Man Utd look a better side when Carrick isn't playing. He doesn't offer them anything of value in my opinion.

Everything goes through Carrick, he's the guy that keeps everything moving. Always available to take a pass, switch play or whatever is needed. His positioning is superb, watch how many times he intercepts passes rather than have to make tackles.

I genuinely think he is one of the most under rated players in England, he's not flashy and doesn't score the great goals or go on mazy runs but the job he does for the team is every bit as important.

JE89
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM

Yep. Brilliant team but full of cheating tossers, their football is brilliant to watch, their rolly-pollys aren't. Come on United

JimBHibees
05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Hope Barca win as their style of play is a joy to watch and in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have 3 of the best creative players on the planet. Too much is being made of their supposed antics against Real who genuinely are managed by the most obnoxious coach on the planet. Man U are no angels either in terms of crowding refs and demanding decisions. Hope it is a great final however personally see it going the same way as the last one especially if Barca score first though there is no doubt Man U have a genuine chance.

easty
05-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Hope Barca win as their style of play is a joy to watch and in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have 3 of the best creative players on the planet. Too much is being made of their supposed antics against Real who genuinely are managed by the most obnoxious coach on the planet. Man U are no angels either in terms of crowding refs and demanding decisions. Hope it is a great final however personally see it going the same way as the last one especially of Barca score first though there is no doubt Man U have a genuine chance.

Supposed antics? Did you watch the first leg?

LancashireHibby
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Got a horrible, horrible feeling that the Rags will win it. It was absolutely unbearable in '99, not much better last time around and would be even worse this year with it being at Wembley etc.

JimBHibees
05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Supposed antics? Did you watch the first leg?

I did and both were as bad as each other. Personally thought what Alves did was fair enough and probably what 95% of professionals would have done given how poor that tackle was. I think Barca saw it as standing up for themselves because they knew Real were going to do the same. Of course we never see any diving, play acting, bad fouls, crowding refs in the EPL. The second leg was played in a decent spirit IMO probably because Jose wasnt on the bench.

Can remember a few Man U Arsenal games played in the not so distant past which were similarly acrimonious. These things happen when rivals play against each other especially when they were playing a number of games close together.

sambajustice
05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I think people are getting a bit carried away with Man United chances and its understandable as we get all this english media stuff rammed down our throats all the time. It reminds me of the world cup "EASY" then even when they were playing germany the Germans weren't supposed to be that good. I'll bet "fitba' peepil" knew what was going to happen in that game. England were crap, totally outclassed and this was a surprise to all the folk in england because they cant see further than the end of their noses.

I think people are forgetting here that Barca have 7 or 8 (of the starting XI) World Cup WINNING side, one of the best right backs in the game if not the best right back, a lot better than John O'Shea, Wes Brown or Raphael in the shape of Dani Alves.

Oh, i nearly forgot, on top of all that they have some boy called Messi just incase they weren't already good enough.

Man United have, ummm, well no-one that would get into the team ahead of Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Pedro or Messi. I wouldnt take Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Park, Fletcher in the midfield. At the back, Evra would probably get in the Barca team. As for the two centre half partnerships, i'm not sure! Both players in both partnerships compliment each other very well and are also suited to the type of league both play in. I wouldnt necessarily say either partnership is better than the other.

So Evra would get into the Barca side and perhaps Rooney in place of Pedro but i'm not 100% sure that would be the case!

If Man U win this it'll be one of the biggest Champions League upsets ever. I dont think you should get taken in by the English media's hype that Man U have a good chance here!!

easty
05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I did and both were as bad as each other. Personally thought what Alves did was fair enough and probably what 95% of professionals would have done given how poor that tackle was. I think Barca saw it as standing up for themselves because they knew Real were going to do the same. Of course we never see any diving, play acting, bad fouls, crowding refs in the EPL. The second leg was played in a decent spirit IMO probably because Jose wasnt on the bench.

Can remember a few Man U Arsenal games played in the not so distant past which were similarly acrimonious. These things happen when rivals play against each other especially when they were playing a number of games close together.

How is it a defence that 'English teams are just as bad'? Barca and Real acted disgracefully, and the fact that Man Utd or Arsenal have or have not done the same things previously means nothing.

.Sean.
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I think Barca will sneak it, though if Man U are really 3/1 i'll be having £20 on them.

JimBHibees
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
How is it a defence that 'English teams are just as bad'? Barca and Real acted disgracefully, and the fact that Man Utd or Arsenal have or have not done the same things previously means nothing.

Who said it was a defence however it appears to be some pretty outspoken comments from alot of managers in EPL and the UK press which IMO is completely out of proportion when taken in the context of how Barcelona in particular play the game of football and are generally a pleasure to watch. Their ability and the way they play the game shouldnt IMO be overshadowed because they were involved in an acrimonious game.

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
On paper Barca should dominate and win fairly easily after dominating play, as they did the last time the teams met in the final.

Shralek is a wily old fox though and he'll have a Jose style game plan to thwart Barca flair as Inter did last season. I'm going for a narrow Man U win in a cynical snorefest with the media salivating about the greatness of Sharlek and campaigning vigourously for a second knighthood and a new lidl shopping bag for Laidaycafe.

ancient hibee
05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I would have thought Carrick is their player of the year.

I expect United to win.

PeeJay
05-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd like to see Man Utd win - be great if it was like 1968 all over again (wee bit more difficult this time though perhaps) :greengrin

Sodje_18
05-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Yep. Brilliant team but full of cheating tossers, their football is brilliant to watch, their rolly-pollys aren't. Come on United

United being well known for their fair play right enough :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
So, are hearts not in the final this year then?

Surely the three years are up now?

Hibs90
05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
78756465464 - 1 to Barca :agree:

JE89
08-05-2011, 03:32 PM
United being well known for their fair play right enough :rolleyes:

You wouldn't see Giggs, Rooney or Valencia rolling about the pitch like the Barca team. Gary Lineker said he was taught to dive at Barca, the same looks to have happened to Mascherano - didn't dive like a clown at L'pool - 10 months later he does. Say what you like about Man Utd but the behaviour of the Barcelona players was much worse than the collective Man Utd team

HibbyAndy
08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
If there is one team in the world that can stop Barca playing its Man utd.

However having said that i hope Man utd get a serious doing and i fully expect them too.

Mon Dieu4
08-05-2011, 06:03 PM
You wouldn't see Giggs, Rooney or Valencia rolling about the pitch like the Barca team. Gary Lineker said he was taught to dive at Barca, the same looks to have happened to Mascherano - didn't dive like a clown at L'pool - 10 months later he does. Say what you like about Man Utd but the behaviour of the Barcelona players was much worse than the collective Man Utd team

Nah Rooney would probably get right up run to the linesman, then the ref, tell them both to GTF while Fergie has a heart attack on the touch line over it, they are much better role model than the dirty cheating Barca players. :faf:

People need to calm down abit, we in the UK are the only country in the world where these kind of antics are not the norm, they all roll about when tackles come in and they are all as bad as each other.

I wouldnt be bothering my erky if a Hibs player did a sensational swan dive and won us a match winning penalty.

Barca rolling about or not are a joy to watch, the best team I have ever seen and I hope they absolutely destroy them :agree:

pentlando
09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Everything goes through Carrick, he's the guy that keeps everything moving. Always available to take a pass, switch play or whatever is needed. His positioning is superb, watch how many times he intercepts passes rather than have to make tackles.

I genuinely think he is one of the most under rated players in England, he's not flashy and doesn't score the great goals or go on mazy runs but the job he does for the team is every bit as important.

:agree: his performance away to schalke is one of the most complete midfield performances i've seen for years

Sodje_18
09-05-2011, 03:31 PM

Along with Van Der Saar, probably the only real professionals in that team :agree: Nani is worse than any Barca player for his theatrics, Scholes is a dirty bassa, Rooney is anything but a professional IMO and let's not forget about how often C.Ronaldo cheated when he was at Manure. When Arsenal had a superior team, Manure would kick them off the park - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUgP96XjEpY
And of course can't forget about 'Fergie time'.
Not seen enough of Valencia (due to his injury) to comment on him.

FromTheCapital
09-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Can see Barca beating Man U 2-0, Messi and Villa.
I think Barcelona are on another planet compared to everybody else,
Man Utd will create chances but I think Barca will be too much for Fergie.
Barcelona to win 2-0.