PDA

View Full Version : Question Mixu

nic81
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed already, was just reading the paper there and noticed mixu won manager of the year!!! So my question is........ How can he go to killie and win manager of the year but get punted from ER?? Is it because we as fans expect to much from the team or is it that we just have a bunch of over hyped self indulgent group of players who couldnt give a monkeys about what it means to play for hibs???

R'Albin
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed already, was just reading the paper there and noticed mixu won manager of the year!!! So my question is........ How can he go to killie and win manager of the year but get punted from ER?? Is it because we as fans expect to much from the team or is it that we just have a bunch of over hyped self indulgent group of players who couldnt give a monkeys about what it means to play for hibs???

Well done Mixu! although personally I would have given it to Butcher, and I still think it's a case of right manager, wrong time.

hibs0666
04-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Well done the big man - much deserved.

Keith_M
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM

None of the above.

Has it occurred to you that maybe he's got better as a manager since he left? He's on record as saying that he took time out to learn more about the role, maybe that's worked. In saying that, some of the criticism from people on here was way over the top. But what else is new.

hibs0666
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
None of the above.

Has it occurred to you that maybe he's got better as a manager since he left? He's on record as saying that he took time out to learn more about the role, maybe that's worked. In saying that, some of the criticism from people on here was way over the top. But what else is new.

Ach well, at least we got a decent manager in as a replacement. :wink:

IWasThere2016
04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Ach well, at least we got a decent manager in as a replacement for the replacement . :wink:

Sorted that for ye! :greengrin

Well done Mixu!

HibsMax
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
None of the above.

The bit in bold is impossible. If it was possible then fans wouldn't be writing off CC based on what fans said regarding his time at Notts Forest. :wink:

Congrats to Mixu! :thumbsup:

J-C
04-05-2011, 08:56 PM

I think as stated he went away and learnt from his mistakes, unfortunately he was a season or so too early to take the Hibs job.

ancient hibee
05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Apart from anything else the reward recognises the lack of resources at Killie.

Ed De Gramo
05-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Mixu took time out the game to figure out where he went wrong with Hibs. He put what he learnt into practice and quite rightly won MOTY.

Well Done Mixu Six Two :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

500miles
05-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I think as stated he went away and learnt from his mistakes, unfortunately he was a season or so too early to take the Hibs job.

Yeah, this arguement doesn't really stand up.

Firstly, alot of the criticism aimed at him was that he never learned from his mistakes. This was wrong, the problem is you don't give up on a system first time it fails, you tinker with it, give it time to settle, and have to allow your players time to get used to it. He clearly has learned from his mistakes, he simply needed time.

Secondly, he DID go away during his time out of the game and study the way other teams trained. But he done this anyway, missing our training, and perhaps even if memory serves the odd game, to expand his knowledge to be used for our benefit.

Also, the accusation was that he played boring football. It was better than the majority of what we've played in the last 18 months.

Murray, Riordan, Rankin and Nish all performed better for him.
Bamba was picked from Dunfermline reserves by his eye.
He put a stop to the rot after JC's latter days.
He barely had the luxury of Zemmama.

He just needed patience and time. Hibs are a top six club, and he never failed us in that respect. He got a hard time for some cup results, but to me, we were CHEATED in the Morton game - and it's not often I cry cheat. And we've not done better in that respect since he left.

He was a good player and a good manager for us. It would be a step or two down for him to come back to us now, but I would really love it if he took another crack at it one day.

stokesmessiah
05-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone else think Barry Smith should of got it???

Done a great job IMO !!

ballengeich
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, this arguement doesn't really stand up.

Firstly, alot of the criticism aimed at him was that he never learned from his mistakes. This was wrong, the problem is you don't give up on a system first time it fails, you tinker with it, give it time to settle, and have to allow your players time to get used to it. He clearly has learned from his mistakes, he simply needed time.

Secondly, he DID go away during his time out of the game and study the way other teams trained. But he done this anyway, missing our training, and perhaps even if memory serves the odd game, to expand his knowledge to be used for our benefit.

Also, the accusation was that he played boring football. It was better than the majority of what we've played in the last 18 months.

Murray, Riordan, Rankin and Nish all performed better for him.
Bamba was picked from Dunfermline reserves by his eye.
He put a stop to the rot after JC's latter days.
He barely had the luxury of Zemmama.

He just needed patience and time. Hibs are a top six club, and he never failed us in that respect. He got a hard time for some cup results, but to me, we were CHEATED in the Morton game - and it's not often I cry cheat. And we've not done better in that respect since he left.

He was a good player and a good manager for us. It would be a step or two down for him to come back to us now, but I would really love it if he took another crack at it one day.

Good post. We probably recruited him one job too early and sacked him one year too soon.

500miles
05-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Good post. We probably recruited him one job too early and sacked him one year too soon.

Sometimes we need to realise that we are not a big enough club to get a finished product of a high standard. That often means we have to nurture players and managers alike.

ballengeich
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Sometimes we need to realise that we are not a big enough club to get a finished product of a high standard. That often means we have to nurture players and managers alike.

I agree. In the case of Mixu, we may have made a mistake in pushing him out when we did. On the other hand, if his replacement had been more capable this thread wouldn't be here. The board makes decisions and gets criticised every time they don't get everything 100% right.