PDA

View Full Version : Was it deliberate??

McHibby
03-05-2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3561003/Sex-row-ref-Sian-floored-at-match.html

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2011, 11:37 PM
aye deffo :agree:

Liam_Hibs
03-05-2011, 11:44 PM
That is shocking. That definitely looks deliberate.

iwasthere1972
04-05-2011, 12:05 AM
:agree: 100%

It was more difficult to collide with her than it was to miss her.

Hank Schrader
04-05-2011, 12:06 AM
That is shocking. That definitely looks deliberate.

:agree: McNaughton is going to have difficulty convincing people otherwise. Looked intentional.

Peevemor
04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Having watched it a few times, I'm not sure he meant it.

AgentDaleCooper
04-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Having watched it a few times, I'm not sure he meant it.

same. he's not really looking at her, and he's going in the direction of the ball... :dunno:

iwasthere1972
04-05-2011, 12:53 AM
same. he's not really looking at her, and he's going in the direction of the ball... :dunno:

Any decent man would have apologised, picked up her shopping bags and ensured that she was okay before going on his way. Having studied the video evidence quite a few times now, I can safely say that he did neither.

AgentDaleCooper
04-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Any decent man would have apologised, picked up her shopping bags and ensured that she was okay before going on his way. Having studied the video evidence quite a few times now, I can safely say that he did neither.

you're right. infact, i reckon she's having a good old cry with all her girlfriends about it right now, just praying that the sun can cook up a nice media storm around her, since the last one was so much fun. it's the only way we can make her feel better :no way:

LamontHFC©
04-05-2011, 01:25 AM
I thought it looked completely deliberate at first.

But then look where the ball goes, he is trying to whip round as he thinks the ball is still in play, and is trying to get it. I'd be surprised if he even knew she was there, as she is directly behind the Middlesbrough player.

Still should've apologized though..

Beefster
04-05-2011, 06:14 AM
I don't think it was deliberate but a wee bit of concern or a helping hand up wouldn't have gone amiss.

As a side issue, why isn't McNaughton even spoken about for Potter's Scotland squads? Just won player of the year at Cardiff ahead of Boothroyd and Bellamy so is obviously doing a good job.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Without a doubt in my book, what a fud! :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
04-05-2011, 06:40 AM

But then look where the ball goes, he is trying to whip round as he thinks the ball is still in play, and is trying to get it. I'd be surprised if he even knew she was there, as she is directly behind the Middlesbrough player.

:agree: Exactly my view of it.

Hiber-nation
04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't think it was deliberate but a wee bit of concern or a helping hand up wouldn't have gone amiss.

As a side issue, why isn't McNaughton even spoken about for Potter's Scotland squads? Just won player of the year at Cardiff ahead of Boothroyd and Bellamy so is obviously doing a good job.

I think he's pulled out through injury too many times. Cracking player.

bighairyfaeleith
04-05-2011, 07:41 AM

Yeah I agree, first impression I thought he was doing it deliberately but no way you can say for sure given the direction the ball was going in as well.

Should have at least offered her a hand up mind.

easty
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
He probably doesnt mean it but theres no excuse for not giving her a pat on the arse and a "you alright darling?"...

Stevie Reid
04-05-2011, 08:33 AM
"But the dramatic way in which Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton crashed in to her after chasing down the ball prompted allegations she was targeted deliberately as part of a dressing room dare."

I'm sure that after being 3-0 down at home in a match that they had to win to stay in contention for automatic promotion, all McNaughton was worried about was an apparent dressing room dare :rolleyes:

Should really apologise certainly, but he's just getting on with a very important game.

Peevemor
04-05-2011, 08:37 AM
"But the dramatic way in which Cardiff City defender Kevin McNaughton crashed in to her after chasing down the ball prompted allegations she was targeted deliberately as part of a dressing room dare."

I'm sure that after being 3-0 down at home in a match that they had to win to stay in contention for automatic promotion, all McNaughton was worried about was an apparent dressing room dare :rolleyes:

Should really apologise certainly, but he's just getting on with a very important game.

Of course you're right, but it's also for her to be a bit more aware and GTF out of the way. He was probably as stunned as she was.

Stevie Reid
04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Of course you're right, but it's also for her to be a bit more aware and GTF out of the way. He was probably as stunned as she was.

Definitely. Plus, there would be no furore at all if this was a male linesman, which flies in the face of her being treated equally.

patlowe
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Definitely not deliberate, he's clearly trying to whip round in the direction of the ball. He's known for being a quiet, unassuming professional, why on earth would he do that on purpose? Very stange that he didn't apologise mind, male or female.

Speedway
04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Difficult one that. Looks deliberate but then happened very quickly.

I think he should have offered her some ASDA vouchers after the game at the very least.

Future17
04-05-2011, 12:35 PM
0-3 down at home in a vital game and prevented from keeping the ball in by the positioning of the assistant referee? I wouldn't apologise either.

Andy74
Definitely not deliberate, he's clearly trying to whip round in the direction of the ball. He's known for being a quiet, unassuming professional, why on earth would he do that on purpose? Very stange that he didn't apologise mind, male or female.

He's playing in a match and trying to get the ball, if it was a male it would never have been mentioned. Generally you don't see apologies when this sort of thing happens so it's not exactly out of place.

HibbyAndy

Correct, Wether he ment it or not he gave her one big bloody dunt and should have helped the girl to feet and asked if she was ok.

Oscar T Grouch
04-05-2011, 01:16 PM
1st time i've seen it. At first the change in direction makes it look deliberate, but look where he's looking, not deliberate imho, still even if it was a man running the line he should have at least said sorry.

Famous Fiver
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Bellamy was having a good old moan at her throughout the second half and, while I am not a lip reader, I am sure he mouthed ' you are s***e' at her with a dismissive wave of the hand, after one incident he thought should have gone his way.

It must be galling for all the 'football is for real men' that she doesn't seem to make many mistakes.

haagsehibby
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
To be fair to her, she just gets up, dusts herself down and gets on with it.

Hfc_Since1875
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
not intentional in the slightest in my opinion! hes trying to keep the ball in and take the ball down the line. Quite often you see players running outside the pitch like this to go round an opponent when its soo close to the touchline, Just unfortunate shes in the way! :agree:

Hank Schrader
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
:agree: McNaughton is going to have difficulty convincing people otherwise. Looked intentional.

Looking at it again and following the path of the ball I now agree it looks as if McNaughton was going in that direction and didn't mean the collision.

No apology though is bad form. Fair play to her for getting up and getting on with it. A large percentage of footballers would have rolled around for a bit feigning injury.

Twa Cairpets
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Hard to tell if it was deliberate, but respect to her for getting up, signalling the goal kick, and getting on with it with a smile.

McNaughton just looks like a fud regardless - its just a bit of decency of you clatter someone accidentally to help them up and shake hands.

iwasthere1972
04-05-2011, 03:49 PM
To be fair to her, she just gets up, dusts herself down and gets on with it.

Typical woman. :wink:

McNaughton should have slapped her on the :asshole: and said "Fancy a curry"?

easty
04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Bellamy was having a good old moan at her throughout the second half and, while I am not a lip reader, I am sure he mouthed ' you are s***e' at her with a dismissive wave of the hand, after one incident he thought should have gone his way.

So? He does the same to all the officials...should he be nice to her because she's just a girl?

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2011, 04:27 PM
- its just a bit of decency of you clatter someone accidentally to help them up and shake hands.

:agree: Especially a burd.

calumhibee1
04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
:agree: Especially a burd.
**** that. She's wanting treated equally, so she gets treated equally. Seeing as she stopped McNaughton getting to the ball (dunno if he was getting there but he definitely wasn't after she got in the road) I wouldn't expect him to apologise - just like I wouldn't if it was a male linesman. I'd expect him to be a bit pissed off actually.

Sodje_18
04-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Think he was trying to chase down the ball since he thought it was still in, thats why theirs a change of direction. Total non-story IMO, if it was a male linesman we'd be laughing at this :confused: Still probably should of apologised to her though.

Famous Fiver
05-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Easty

Yes.

Peevemor
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Typical woman. :wink:

McNaughton should have slapped her on the :asshole: and said "Fancy a curry"?

:greengrin Has that ever worked for you?

basehibby
05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Looks deliberate until you look where the ball goes - he flicked it infield and then changed direction imediately in order to pursue it.

Wouldn't have hurt for him to lend her a hand in getting up as would be normal after a collision like that though! (not that the linesman herself looked bothered).