02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
they say you remember were you were on certain days in history
John F. Kennedy assassination November 22, 1963,
the first moon landing july 20th 1969
Death of John Lennon 8th december 1980
death of diana 31st august 19997
world trade center 11th september 2001
SIR ALBERT KIDD GOALS AGAINST hearts 3rd of may 1986

I KNOW I WAS AT EASTER ROAD ON ONE OF THESE FAMOUS DAYS IN HISTORY THE REST NOT SO SURE LOL :-)
HAPPY SIR ALBERT KIDD DAY

do you remember where you were ?
:flag:

rossi
02-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I was at Stamford Bridge seeing Liverpool take the English title. Heard the half time scores and thought 'maybe'. Was locked in with the Liverpool fans for about half an hour after the game hearing rumors; couldn't wait to get out and find a phone box.

Mixu62
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
they say you remember were you were on certain days in history
John F. Kennedy assassination November 22, 1963,
the first moon landing july 20th 1969
Death of John Lennon 8th december 1980
death of diana 31st august 19997
world trade center 11th september 2001
SIR ALBERT KIDD GOALS AGAINST hearts 3rd of may 1986

I KNOW I WAS AT EASTER ROAD ON ONE OF THESE FAMOUS DAYS IN HISTORY THE REST NOT SO SURE LOL :-)
HAPPY SIR ALBERT KIDD DAY

I was at ER watching us lose 2-1 to Dundee Utd. Think I was 1 of about 5000 that day but sounded more like 50000 when Sir Albert scored the second.

Removed
03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I was at ER watching us lose 2-1 to Dundee Utd. Think I was 1 of about 5000 that day but sounded more like 50000 when Sir Albert scored the second.

Me as well. And I had a birthday party that night. Was even better as there were a few yams invited :faf:

Mixu62
03-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Me as well. And I had a birthday party that night. Was even better as there were a few yams invited :faf:

Just a kid(d) at the time, so I wasn't out drinking, but I remember after tea, my Mum making a coffee and bringing out a pack of ......Jam Tarts!! :greengrin And looking at us blankly when we cracked up laughing. "what's so funny?"! Hee hee!:faf: Oh, it's the little things innit.

Green Reaper
03-05-2011, 01:44 AM
At ER that day, pretty weird when Sir A scored (twice) and we all went mental, the players on the pitch looked bewildered, don't think anyone was watching the game, celebrations at the end were great. I think I went to the game to be with fellow Hibbies and NO jambos when the disaster in Dundee happened, who was I to know that disasters can be good as well as bad :greengrin

IWasThere2016
03-05-2011, 05:09 AM
What a man! What a day!

I was playing v Kelty Hearts that day - and got to the pub in Glenrothes just before the local Jumbos returned fae Dens. I was pleased to see them for once :greengrin

Happy Sir Albert Kidd Day All! :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
03-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Is today:greengrin:flag:

Barney McGrew
03-05-2011, 07:23 AM

At ER pishing myself laughing with 3512 other hardy souls. :faf:

Did United not score late on to win and nobody noticed because there was a conga going round the East Terrace? :greengrin

Peevemor
03-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I was also at ER that afternoon. I'll never forget the Hibs fans cheering Utd's 2nd (and winning) goal. :greengrin

That night I was in town with my big brother and his mates for one of their birthdays. He went to Forrester so you can imagine the football supporting demographic. Oh what fun! :thumbsup:

H18sry
03-05-2011, 07:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uA1UEowQaA :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
03-05-2011, 08:28 AM
I was also at ER that afternoon. I'll never forget the Hibs fans cheering Utd's 2nd (and winning) goal. :greengrin

That night I was in town with my big brother and his mates for one of their birthdays. He went to Forrester so you can imagine the football supporting demographic. Oh what fun! :thumbsup:

I know the footballing demographic well....the following monday may have been my favourite ever day at Forrester
:greengrin

grantonhibee
03-05-2011, 08:51 AM
was only 10 at the time and was playing footy , my pals dad had let us all know via his pocket radio , great day indeed the marshalls chunky chicken chumpions!!!

ALBERT KIDD FOR KNIGHTHOOD

brawbob
03-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Remember it well. Was being wheeled from an operating theatre having had my nose sorted and can remember becoming aware of the two porters talking. "cannae, cannae take it in. Are you totally sure? said one. Aye said the other , two late goals and we are done for".
Due to the state I was in it was much later at night that my "dream" was confirmed as true.
I will never forget the day my nose was fixed.

thebakerboy
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Was at ER and when the 2nd goal went in and the roar went up the Dundee Utd goalie dropped the ball and then picked it up again and the ref never noticed , in fact I think I was the only person who did see it because I was still watching the game Hibs through and through , didn't care what was happening elsewhere , well maybe had a wee chuckle for about 4 hours after the game and every 3rd of May since.

Seveno
03-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I fully support the suggestions that a statue of Eddie Turnbull should be erected at ER.

Perhaps a place could also be found for a statue of Sir Albert ?

iwasthere1972
03-05-2011, 12:33 PM
I fully support the suggestions that a statue of Eddie Turnbull should be erected at ER.

Perhaps a place could also be found for a statue of Sir Albert ?

Why don't we petition to get a street in Leith named after him. Eh haud oan a minute. :greengrin

DaveF
03-05-2011, 12:37 PM
At ER pishing myself laughing with 3512 other hardy souls. :faf:

Did United not score late on to win and nobody noticed because there was a conga going round the East Terrace? :greengrin

I was probably in that conga :greengrin

Only 16 at the time but a day I'll never forget.

Albert Kidd - What a guy :greengrin

calumhibee1
03-05-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX6kbN-bOkI

surreyhibbie
03-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I was waiting to go play in a 5-a-side football tournament, couldn't watch the news, was standing outside the Greyhound pub in Ash. My mate from Huddersfield picked me up and told me the news, didn't believe him till I saw the two Jambos from work at Guildford sports centre later on.

almost pished myself!:greengrin:thumbsup::flag:

Boris
03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Locked in behind the goal in the away end at Stamford Bridge. Had just watched a Kenny Dalglish goal seal the first half of the double for Liverpool. No mobile phones back in these days so no idea of happenings at Dens Park. Still locked in at about 5.20 & a lad nearby had his radio on. Finished talking about English football that day & went over to somebody for the Scottish results & comments. All I heard at first was the presenter saying a "shock end" to the League Championship & my first thought was that was a bit hard as Hearts had been on a long unbeaten run & I was still assuming they'd won it. Then the presenter went on to explain that 2 late goals by Albert Kidd had "robbed" Hearts at the last hurdle - YA BEAUTY!!! Had a double reason for celebration that night - when we eventually got out of Stamford Bridge like.