PDA

View Full Version : NHC Norwich Promoted

Hermit Crab
02-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Norwich City are promoted the Premier League after winning 0-1 away to Portsmouth.

Congratulations to Paul Lambert and his team. :thumbsup:

Cocaine&Caviar
02-05-2011, 08:40 PM
My local club :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Well Done Norwich. :thumbsup: I have a wee soft spot for them.

R'Albin
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Well Done Norwich. :thumbsup: I have a wee soft spot for them.

I have a soft spot for cardiff, bunch of bottlers!!:wink:

IWasThere2016
02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
They have done superbly well :agree:

Poor game tonight but well deserved.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2011, 08:53 PM
League One 2009/2010 - Norwich 0 Colchester 7.

Premiership 2011/2012. Mad. You'd never have thought that when Lambert got gubbed 7-0 by us at Easter Road.

Sylar
02-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Always thought Lambert was very unfortunate to take over at Livingston when he did - pretty sure the best managers on the planet couldn't have done a thing with that side and Lambert done well to get out and advance his career to the dizzy heights of the Premiership.

Good to see yet another Scottish manager succeeding at such a high level.

Boris
02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Have to confess to having a wee soft spot for Norwich City. Apparently the first game I ever went to was at Carrow Road back in 1959 - I was only about 2 at the time with it being the first holiday my mum & dad took me away on, to visit my aunt & uncle in Norwich as my uncle Bobby played for Norwich City at the time. They were in the old 3rd division at the time but had quite a side, going on to reach the FA Cup semi-final that season, the first division 3 club to do so. Was back down there a few years when they got the 1959 side back for a 40th anniversary celebration of their cup run. Great club with a great support. Good example of what can be done on a tight budget if you get the right manager in place.......................

Delighted to see them back at the top table of English football.:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
02-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I do have a soft spot for Norwich city :agree:

Back to back promotions!..Well done Lambert and your crew, An amazing feet :agree:

surreyhibbie
02-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Delia will be plastered tonight - just keep her away from a microphone!

greenlex
02-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Surely some mistake. When Lamberts name was ever mentioned for the Hibs hotseat he was always a mumbling hopeless manager who managed Livi when we pumped them 7 zip no thanks.:confused:

Johnny_Leith
03-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Always thought Lambert was very unfortunate to take over at Livingston when he did - pretty sure the best managers on the planet couldn't have done a thing with that side and Lambert done well to get out and advance his career to the dizzy heights of the Premiership.

Good to see yet another Scottish manager succeeding at such a high level.

He's done well, always good to see Scottish managers do well down south - unless they've connections with the Hearts that is
:lolyam:

I was just looking at the report for that 7-0 game v Livi. Funnilt enough I was at the game but can't remember the formation, from this it must have been at least 4 up front for most of it.

Riordan-O'Connor-Killen-Ivan! How times have changed!

Hibernian: Simon Brown, Whittaker, Caldwell (Konde 72), Smith, Murphy, Killen, Stewart, Glass, Riordan, Sproule (Konte 68), O'Connor (Fletcher 55). Subs Not Used: Malkowski, Hogg, McCluskey, Shields.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-05-2011, 12:50 AM
He's done well, always good to see Scottish managers do well down south - unless they've connections with the Hearts that is
:lolyam:

I was just looking at the report for that 7-0 game v Livi. Funnilt enough I was at the game but can't remember the formation, from this it must have been at least 4 up front for most of it.

Riordan-O'Connor-Killen-Ivan! How times have changed!

Hibernian: Simon Brown, Whittaker, Caldwell (Konde 72), Smith, Murphy, Killen, Stewart, Glass, Riordan, Sproule (Konte 68), O'Connor (Fletcher 55). Subs Not Used: Malkowski, Hogg, McCluskey, Shields.

Also Dorrans & Snodgrass on the Livi bench

Johnny_Leith
03-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Also Dorrans & Snodgrass on the Livi bench

And Martin Scott, who came on at HT.

and was given the run around by Mikey Stewart....

Cocaine&Caviar
03-05-2011, 01:20 AM
and Wes Hoolahan, who played a huge part in Norwich's promotion back to them prem.

Also, couldnt have been too far behind the likes of Murray Davidson, Kevin McDonald and Leigh Griffiths' debuts?

Hibby Bairn
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Energy, Spirit, Momentum, Aggression, Patterns of Play.....and a wee bit of midfield craft.

Simple ingredients in place at Norwich. Sadly all missing at Easter Road at the moment.