SouthMoroccoStu
02-05-2011, 06:23 AM
:confused:

Easy question.

What are they worth?

Cluny Hibs
02-05-2011, 06:49 AM
50p each.

I contacted the club re shares a while back and got an email the other day offering me them at this price.

Cheers

Golden Bear
02-05-2011, 08:02 AM
50p each.

I contacted the club re shares a while back and got an email the other day offering me them at this price.

Cheers

Lucky you!

I want to sell my shares and wrote to the Club requesting advice as to how to proceed.

That was a couple of months ago and I've not even had the courtesy of a reply.

Very poor customer service to say the least.

:grr:

RoslinInstHibby
02-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Lucky you!

I want to sell my shares and wrote to the Club requesting advice as to how to proceed.

That was a couple of months ago and I've not even had the courtesy of a reply.

Very poor customer service to say the least.

:grr:

how much you want for them.....

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
:confused:

Easy question.

What are they worth?

Not an easy question at all. Share valuation is a complicated exercise.

Bottom line, though, is that all fancy calculations take second place to the price that someone is prepared to pay for them. In this case, Hibs have stated their price. If that's the only offer, that's their worth.

Golden Bear
02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
how much you want for them.....

50p for each share but it's got to transacted via the Club as they arrange for the registration and the stock transfer documentation etc.

I think if you're interested in buying Hibs shares then you contact a guy called Pete Jensen at ER and he should arrange to tie up the buyers with the sellers.

But the process has not worked for me so far it's got to be said.

ancient hibee
02-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Not an easy question at all. Share valuation is a complicated exercise.

Bottom line, though, is that all fancy calculations take second place to the price that someone is prepared to pay for them. In this case, Hibs have stated their price. If that's the only offer, that's their worth.
I suspect that the price quoted is the seller's price-not HIbs-they have no shares to sell-but will attempt to match buyers and sellers.

whiskyhibby
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I bought last year via Pete Jensen, although not publicly traded 50p was the price

StevieC
02-05-2011, 10:31 AM
This process takes time unfortunately.

I registered an interest with Pete last year and was told he I would be put on a waiting list while he waits for someone selling. Once he gets a seller he works down his list and matches a buyer.

You then have to send him a cheque for the amount required and Pete works his way through the transfer process. I think the speed of this is also dependant on how fast sellers and buyers complete the required forms etc.

I eventually heard from Pete at the start of March and provided the required information and sent the cheque. The cheque wasn't cashed until a couple of weeks ago so I reckon that it must be close to being finalised now.

I should also add that the cheque is made payable to the seller so it doesn't look like Hibs are making a penny out of helping supporters swap shares.

Hope this helps.

ps Golden Bear, I would try contacting Pete directly (pm me if you need his email)

StevieC
02-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I bought last year via Pete Jensen, although not publicly traded 50p was the price

Yes, 50p is the going rate.

They are sold in batches of 100 though, so minimum price is £50.

Bostonhibby
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
This process takes time unfortunately.

I registered an interest with Pete last year and was told he I would be put on a waiting list while he waits for someone selling. Once he gets a seller he works down his list and matches a buyer.

You then have to send him a cheque for the amount required and Pete works his way through the transfer process. I think the speed of this is also dependant on how fast sellers and buyers complete the required forms etc.

I eventually heard from Pete at the start of March and provided the required information and sent the cheque. The cheque wasn't cashed until a couple of weeks ago so I reckon that it must be close to being finalised now.

I should also add that the cheque is made payable to the seller so it doesn't look like Hibs are making a penny out of helping supporters swap shares.

Hope this helps.

ps Golden Bear, I would try contacting Pete directly (pm me if you need his email)

:agree: Exactly how it works, Pete does his best but it takes time as you say, I am currently at the stage where after waiting about a year for a chance, I am hopeful of geting the share transfer complete soon. The club makes nothing out of it at all. Its possible to buy beween buyers and sellers in other ways but this seems the least hassle and cost free way of getting your hands on the Hibs ones.

RyeSloan
03-05-2011, 01:44 PM
:agree: Exactly how it works, Pete does his best but it takes time as you say, I am currently at the stage where after waiting about a year for a chance, I am hopeful of geting the share transfer complete soon. The club makes nothing out of it at all. Its possible to buy beween buyers and sellers in other ways but this seems the least hassle and cost free way of getting your hands on the Hibs ones.

Seems strange that Hibs couldn't simply create extra shares to cover required purchases as it seems the supply side is smaller than the demand....I suppose this would cause a dilution to existing shareholders but the numbers required would be quite small compared to the total in issue and they could be held in reserve.

Or I suppose the majority shareholder could make a small percentage of his current holding available for sale, I suppose there may be other considerations with this approach but one way or the other it seems there is a lack of shares for the supporters to buy which, considering the low volume involved, seems a shame really.

NYHibby
03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Seems strange that Hibs couldn't simply create extra shares to cover required purchases as it seems the supply side is smaller than the demand....I suppose this would cause a dilution to existing shareholders but the numbers required would be quite small compared to the total in issue and they could be held in reserve.

This is not as simple as it seems. Hibs have already issued all 60,000,000 shares that have been authorised. More shares would need to be authorised (by the board or at the AGM?) before they could be issued, and there is obviously a cost to do this. With all of the admin costs, the club would not make any money on a small share issue.

You have to remember that Hibs are only providing this service because they have to. They are not getting anything out of this and are having to pay for Pete Jensen's time. If they could do it without alienating supporters, it would be cheaper in the long run if HFC Holdings bought out the roughly 2% of small shareholders.

Or I suppose the majority shareholder could make a small percentage of his current holding available for sale, I suppose there may be other considerations with this approach but one way or the other it seems there is a lack of shares for the supporters to buy which, considering the low volume involved, seems a shame really.

I know that a former director from years ago is selling some or all of his stake. Maybe the club asked him if he would be interesting in selling his shares to meet the demand since he left the club years ago and is not seeing any return on the shares.

Jamesie
03-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I know that a former director from years ago is selling some or all of his stake. Maybe the club asked him if he would be interesting in selling his shares to meet the demand since he left the club years ago and is not seeing any return on the shares.

Knew I recognised the name when Pete Jensen got in touch and told me who the cheque was to be made out to - at work and don't have the name to hand though.

NYHibby
03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I wasn't going to name the person.