PDA

View Full Version : Sir Henry Cooper passes away

H18sry
01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13256045.stm

Another legend sadly passes away

heretoday
01-05-2011, 08:38 PM
He was some puncher but was terribly vulnerable to cuts. Great listening to him talk. A real whiff of the old East End.

Riordans Boots
01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I loved watching him box when I was wee and loved his commentary for the Frank Bruno fights.

He will be a sad loss to many and I can only say "Thank you Henry" you were a legend in the ring and out Sir. God love you.:not worth

marinello59
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
He was a big hero in our house when I was a kid. I still remember us all sitting round the Radio listening to his fight with Joe Bugner. Even though we hadn't actually seen the bout we all felt he was robbed by a dodgy decision that night. :greengrin
Another legend gone, sad, sad news.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
A cracking fighter.

3 Lonsdale belts outright, commonwealth and European campion, knocked Ali to the ground and bar a bit of, if i'm being kind, gamesmanship from Ali's corner he may well have won that fight.

One of those fighters who was all about heart and guts, never took a step backwards, would have ran through walls and always gave the punters value for money. On top of that he was regarded as a really nice guy as well.

RIP.

hibiedude
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM
With other stories taking centre stage today- I was sorry to hear about death of Henry Copper- he was a great fighter in his day and will be sadly missed.

lyonhibs
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Been a bad weekend for sport in general. 3 legends pass away, and Sir Henry Cooper was a gent from another era. Great boxer to boot.