PDA

View Full Version : Next Home Game Vs. Aberdeen

Purehibee_MYB
01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I think it would be a very fitting tribute if before the game a rendition of Sunshine on Leith is sang out in Eddie Turnbull's memory by everyone at Easter Road stadium...I think it would be a remarkable way to say good bye to Hibs greatest legend.

HibeeSince85
01-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I think it would be a very fitting tribute if before the game a rendition of Sunshine on Leith is sang out in Eddie Turnbull's memory by everyone at Easter Road stadium...I think it would be a remarkable way to say good bye to Hibs greatest legend.

Turnbull's Tornados!

Hibs for the cup!!!!

At The Edge
01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
TURNBULL’S TORNADOES (song lyrics)

United we stand here, divided we fall
We play for each for other, when we’re on the ball,
Our fans are the greatest
They cheer us each game
We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes – Hibernian’s the name
(Chorus)
Hibs, Hibs, Hibs for the cup
Our team’s the greatest, they never give up
Hibs, Hibs, the boys in the green
The best brand of football the world’s ever seen.
We’re all for each other, each man plays for all,
We give our best football, to answer the call,
While we entertain you, to win is our aim,
We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes – Hibernian’s the name.
(Chorus)
We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes, yes that’s who we are,
We play for the Hibees, we’re known near and far.
Our fans are the greatest, they cheer us each game
We’re Turnbull’s Tornadoes. Hibernian’s the name.
(Chorus)

Thomson1875
01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Sunshine on leith, followed by Turnbulls Tornados and his name being sang out around ER.

cyber8
01-05-2011, 08:09 PM
:agree:
Turnbull's Tornados!

Hibs for the cup!!!!

Broken Gnome
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I would assume Aberdeen would be involved to some extent of the planning of the day too. I know they'll have home games before then and in our eyes he is nothing but Hibs, but it fair and proper thats it's a commemoration of his career as a whole.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
It'd be good to see a big turnout.

:agree: Alowing for whats currently on offer on the pitch and the futile nature of the game, the club should throw the doors open to the fans free and just give as many as possible the chance to pay a tribute. You never know, it might even rub off on a few off the players to put a show on for the man as well.

Purehibee_MYB
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
:agree: Alowing for whats currently on offer on the pitch and the futile nature of the game, the club should throw the doors open to the fans free and just give as many as possible the chance to pay a tribute. You never know, it might even rub off on a few off the players to put a show on for the man as well.

If ever the phrase..."we want to see a performance" was more suited, someone tell me...the players have to at least play with 110% in respect of this legend

007 Mickey Weir
01-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Would be great to see Hibs offer a Green Day part 2. Also do an offer for Aberdeen fans, maybe a 2for1 deal. Ask for a a 5 min delay in kick off. Remember a true great in style!! GGTTH

IberianHibernian
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Perfect fixture to remember ET - very successful manager at Aberdeen and very successful player at Hibs ( and will always be remembered as manager of our team that won cups and scored so many goals in 70s too ) . Turnbull`s Tornadoes would seem to be an appropriate anthem ( plus an Aberdeen song ) - at time ET was our manager or player Hibernian fans didn`t sing about Sunshine On Leith .

blairwallace
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Would be great to see Hibs offer a Green Day part 2. Also do an offer for Aberdeen fans, maybe a 2for1 deal. Ask for a a 5 min delay in kick off. Remember a true great in style!! GGTTH

great idea, we should definatetly get the aberdeen fans in on it too
both teams wearing strips from the era that Eddie managed the teams? (1970's)

son of haggart
01-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Perfect fixture to remember ET - very successful manager at Aberdeen and very successful player at Hibs ( and will always be remembered as manager of our team that won cups and scored so many goals in 70s too ) . Turnbull`s Tornadoes would seem to be an appropriate anthem ( plus an Aberdeen song ) - at time ET was our manager or player Hibernian fans didn`t sing about Sunshine On Leith .

Glory Glory to the Hibees is the song I most remember from the days when turnbull was your manager, and would seem fairly appropriate

Gala Foxes
02-05-2011, 08:56 AM
get as many of the 70's Tornado's team together and the Aberdeen 1970 cup winning team and get them on the park before the game

Golden Bear
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
get as many of the 70's Tornado's team together and the Aberdeen 1970 cup winning team and get them on the park before the game

Good idea.

And as someone else has already said, it's important that Mr Turnbull's achievements in football are fully recognised and not just his career at Hibs.

Barney McGrew
02-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I would assume Aberdeen would be involved to some extent of the planning of the day too. I know they'll have home games before then and in our eyes he is nothing but Hibs, but it fair and proper thats it's a commemoration of his career as a whole.

:agree:

Especially given the affection that ET still had for them, it would be fitting to involve them in some way too.

Simpson
02-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Throughout the game - The legends name implemented into some songs...
for example the "one of our own" "green and white army" "one eddie turnbull"

Hope we have a good turnout and Aberdeen will hopefully bring a lot down to pay tribute to not even a Hibs or Aberdeen legend, a Scottish football legend...

Pretty Boy
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
When Man Utd remembered the 50th anniversary of Munich they played in a special old fashioned strip that the team wore at the time, Man City ( there opponents that day) did likewise.

I think it would look brilliant if Hibs and Aberdeen could do something similar, Aberdeen in a 70s style strip from when they won the Scottish Cup and Hibs in either a 70s style round neck tornadoes strip or an old school 50s style rugby top.

This along with a minutes silence, a good few songs, a few of the tornadoes team and Lawrie Reilly brought on to the park as well as member of the 60s/70s Aberdeen side and a real celebration of a legend of both clubs would be a fitting tribute.

Purehibee_MYB
02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
When Man Utd remembered the 50th anniversary of Munich they played in a special old fashioned strip that the team wore at the time, Man City ( there opponents that day) did likewise.

I think it would look brilliant if Hibs and Aberdeen could do something similar, Aberdeen in a 70s style strip from when they won the Scottish Cup and Hibs in either a 70s style round neck tornadoes strip or an old school 50s style rugby top.

This along with a minutes silence, a good few songs, a few of the tornadoes team and Lawrie Reilly brought on to the park as well as member of the 60s/70s Aberdeen side and a real celebration of a legend of both clubs would be a fitting tribute.

Would be brilliant to see something like this organised, would be really brilliant

Removed
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Now that would be a fitting tribute :agree:

tanfield
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
A lot of great ideas on here. Anyway these can be fed back to the club? (They may well have one or two on their radar as it is)

Hibs_SW
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Would be great if the ideas on here could be passed onto the club as there is some great ideas to celebrate the life of ET at Easter Road on the last day of the season with Aberdeen. Would be a brilliant tribute!

Purehibee_MYB
02-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Would be great to see them passed on to the club... especially the shirts one, would need to be sooner rather than later though...

sahib
02-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Glory Glory to the Hibees is the song I most remember from the days when turnbull was your manager, and would seem fairly appropriate

We can only manage the simplest of chants these days.