PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Man Utd

Pretty Boy
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Total garbage:agree:

One penalty shout for Arsenal sums up the highlights of the entire 1st half.

hibsbollah
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
The ref seems determined to give the arse nothing.

Mikey

That's what happens when you've got a league that only 2 or 3 teams can ever win.

Supraninja
The referees lack of agility or maybe just concentration is pathetic.

Hibs Class
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Pretty poor. The usual cheating from Vidic - he gets away with it as often as not.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Big decision in favour of United in the first half as Vidic should have given away a penalty and should be off the pitch for deliberate handball.

Draw will suit United today as they know that a win next week at home to Chelsea will secure the title.

hibsbollah
01-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Big decision in favour of United in the first half as Vidic should have given away a penalty and should be off the pitch for deliberate handball.

Not to mention the clear foul on wilkshere at the edge of the box.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 02:20 PM
1-0 Arsenal, Ramsey. :grr:

Pretty Boy
01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Good goal.

To be fair to Arsenal they look like the team that want to win this one, United looked quite content with a draw and will need to show a bit more now.

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Arsenal such bottlers. Always look good when nothing's at stake, like us at home after the top six split. The Hibs of the south.

Pretty Boy
01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
I like how you never see players crowding round the referee or getting involved in any nonsense in England, at least thats what the commentators for the Madrid/Barca game said:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Stonewall penalty denied for United. :grr:

I suppose that's things evened up.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
1-0 Arsenal, full time.

Oh well, a win next week would still all but secure the title. :agree:

HH81
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
So does mean chelsea win all 3 they are champions?

iwasthere1972
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Stonewall penalty denied for United. :grr:

I suppose that's things evened up.

Is it an okay time to say squeaky bum? :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Look at that, pissed off and aggrieved about the denial of a late penalty claim, Sir Alex Ferguson still shakes the hand of Arsene Wenger.

That right there is the difference in class between the pair of them.

Arsenal: deserved winners on the day. Shows you what they are capable when the pressure is off.

As for United: Obviously tired after their midweek heroics. squeeky bum time in the title race. Need a big performance next week.

Since90+2
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Can see Chelsea beating Man Utd next week TBH :agree: Man Utd could end up winning nout this season

nonshinyfinish
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I like how you never see players crowding round the referee or getting involved in any nonsense in England, at least thats what the commentators for the Madrid/Barca game said:rolleyes:

I enjoyed the moment when Wilshere, lying on the deck, grabbed Carrick's ankle to stop him getting to the ball, to which the commentator said 'it's good to see that he knows a bit about the dark side of the game.'

Good British cheating, obviously...

Pretty Boy

No.

They are still 3 points behind Man Utd with the same goal difference. Assuming Chelsea win next week they would be on the same points with a better goal difference. Assuming both teams won their last 2 games it would come down to who had the better goal difference after the games on the last day of the season.

Since90+2

Yeah Chelsea win their remaining games they will retain the title.

Edit - Assuming goal difference is better than Man Utds (which will be slightly better if they win next week)

Sir David Gray

Not necessarily.

If Chelsea win their three remaining games, Manchester Utd can still draw level on points if they win their other two games against Blackburn and Blackpool.

They're both level on goal difference as things stand.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Love watching Ferguson's rid puss when Manure lose.

Love it.

GIFRUY.

sambajustice
01-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Gaun the arsenal! Manure have caved in big time! Ahahaha

iwasthere1972
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
What was the score. :tee hee:

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Gaun the arsenal! Manure have caved in big time! Ahahaha

Hardly...

As I said, a win next week at home to Chelsea will all but secure the title.

Bearing in mind that Manchester Utd have dropped just two points at Old Trafford all season and have scored an average of 2.5 goals per home league game, I am still quite relaxed about the title race. :agree:

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Hardly...

Bearing in mind that Manchester Utd have dropped just two points at Old Trafford all season and have scored an average of 2.5 goals per home league game, I am still quite relaxed about the title race. :agree:

Who is raging :greengrin

Mon Chelsea next week :agree:

Removed
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Hardly...

Well done, you're learning :wink:

HH81
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Hardly...

so they are due a loss then?

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
so they are due a loss then?

It's very possible, of course it is.

Chelsea were the last away side to win at Old Trafford, although I seem to remember that their second goal in that match should not have stood as it was miles offside.

I just think that, with United having two out of their last three matches at home, they should be quite confident of being able to do enough to win the title.

lucky
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
United will get st least a draw next week.. chelsea still have to go away to everton. Unitedd league to lose

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
United will get st least a draw next week.. chelsea still have to go away to everton. Unitedd league to lose

The problem United might have is that, after next week, they have two matches against teams that still have something to play for (Blackburn and Blackpool), whereas Chelsea are playing two matches against teams who have pretty much nothing to play for (Newcastle and Everton).

Removed
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
The problem United might have is that, after next week, they have two matches against teams that still have something to play for (Blackburn and Blackpool), whereas Chelsea are playing two matches against teams who have pretty much nothing to play for (Newcastle and Everton).

Except pride? And is it not true that every team in England likes to take points of Chelsea when/if they can?

BT58
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
If chelsea win,,,, and the 2 teams are locked
on same goals scored (and difference)
Will it go on head to head results???
Im sure chelsea won at the bridge too

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM

Yes.

Dashing Bob S
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Shralek purring like a Cheshire cat or Sharlek incandescent with rage? How will it play out?

Actually starting to enjoy the EPL and the CL a little, just to see what does happen to that famous 'pus'.

Hibbie_Cameron
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Chelsea have not beaten Newcastle this season in 2 attempts so hardly an easy game for them.

Man Utd will still win the league

lapsedhibee
01-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Look at that, pissed off and aggrieved about the denial of a late penalty claim, Sir Alex Ferguson still shakes the hand of Arsene Wenger.

That right there is the difference in class between the pair of them.

Here's an alternative view of Fergie's "class", from the Herald's tribute to Eddie Turnbull:

There were stories galore: about his temporary disaffection with Stein – he once confronted him in his Pittodrie days saying, “see f****** you, Stein, you don’t bother me one iota! I’m no’ afraid of you, sir!” He also revealed that he had never met Ferguson in his life and had no wish to. Why so?

“Listen, we were playing Falkirk and he deliberately broke Alex Cropley’s ankle. It was a cowardly action. I don’t have any time for him and never will.”

Sir David Gray
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM

Nope, head-to-head results don't come into it in England.

If Manchester Utd and Chelsea were to be level on points, goal difference and goals scored at the end of the season, they would play a play-off at a neutral venue to decide who would win the title.

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/44/66/0,,12306~157252,00.pdf

Go to page 84.

Leicester Fan
01-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Can see Chelsea beating Man Utd next week TBH :agree: Man Utd could end up winning nout this season

Fingers crossed.

HibeeSince85
01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Love watching Ferguson's rid puss when Manure lose.

Love it.

GIFRUY.

The only thing you got to smile about eh, no as if that win does anything for Arsenal - still trophyless:greengrin

gunnerhibee
01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, us Gooners have nowt to smile about - we threw away the league weeks ago - it was defo ours to win ..... Never mind, there's always next season

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
The only thing you got to smile about eh, no as if that win does anything for Arsenal - still trophyless:greengrin

Aken :greengrin

Still nice to see Rid faced Fergie's puss when the board goes up for 4 minutes and he wanted 50503530690 minutes extra time:greengrin

Its not like his team won a Mancunian Derby at Old trafford in the 6th minute of injury time when the board indicated 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Guys a nobend.

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM

Still nice to see Rid faced Fergie's puss when the board goes up for 4 minutes and he wanted 50503530690 minutes extra time:greengrin

Its not like his team won a Mancunian Derby at Old trafford in the 6th minute of injury time when the board indicated 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Guys a nobend.

It was the 7th minute. And the extra time that day was fully justified.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
It was the 7th minute. And the extra time that day was fully justified.

My point being was if it was reversed Red face wouldnt see it that way.

Still Mon Arsenal beating Manu today.

HibeeSince85
01-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Guys a nobend.

Mon Sir Fergie:na na:
:greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Mon Sir Fergie:na na:
:greengrin

Mon no :greengrin

Aw gid banter lads, Hibernian is my team :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM

:agree: :flag:

A point missed by a few people on these threads.

HibeeSince85
01-05-2011, 10:35 PM

All the way, I like Man U but Hibs are in the blood:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
:agree: :flag:

A point missed by a few people on these threads.

:agree:

:flag::flag::flag:

:singing: hibees...hibees...hibees...:singing:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: